Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sornieth Weather
So I was thinking about the weather in the Windswept Plateau and how the wind would effect it when thunderstorms crossed my mind. Now thunderstorms are either made or controlled by the Stormcatcher, same as the wind with the Windsinger. So what exactly are the implications of having a thunderstorm in a different flight? In fact, considering how many of the deities are weather based, how does weather work in Sornieth? Does the weather actually change in a flight territory and if it does, is it a sign of encroaching flights? Does Dominance effect the weather as that flight's influence becomes stronger? Are there seasons?

I know for the sake of clarity the weather probably works the same as it does on earth, but I'd be very interested to hear if y'all have any thoughts on this.
So I was thinking about the weather in the Windswept Plateau and how the wind would effect it when thunderstorms crossed my mind. Now thunderstorms are either made or controlled by the Stormcatcher, same as the wind with the Windsinger. So what exactly are the implications of having a thunderstorm in a different flight? In fact, considering how many of the deities are weather based, how does weather work in Sornieth? Does the weather actually change in a flight territory and if it does, is it a sign of encroaching flights? Does Dominance effect the weather as that flight's influence becomes stronger? Are there seasons?

I know for the sake of clarity the weather probably works the same as it does on earth, but I'd be very interested to hear if y'all have any thoughts on this.
Celeana.gif
I like the idea of Dominance affecting the weather! I can’t see every flight as having weather effects, but like, for there to be thunderstorms when Lightning has Dom, rainstorms when Water does, extra hot and sunny days when Fire does, maybe extra pollen in the air when Nature does — I think that’d be really cool!
I like the idea of Dominance affecting the weather! I can’t see every flight as having weather effects, but like, for there to be thunderstorms when Lightning has Dom, rainstorms when Water does, extra hot and sunny days when Fire does, maybe extra pollen in the air when Nature does — I think that’d be really cool!
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
I feel like it'd depend on how close you are to the border of that flight. Like if Lightning was dominant, it'd be mostly Fire, Water, and Light who'd have more thunderstorms along the edges of their territory.
I feel like it'd depend on how close you are to the border of that flight. Like if Lightning was dominant, it'd be mostly Fire, Water, and Light who'd have more thunderstorms along the edges of their territory.
6wR17En.png
ooh I like the idea of dominance affecting weather!

my headcanons are warm sunny days for Light and Nature, cold snowy days for Ice, cloudy hazy days for Shadow, meteors and weird weather phenomena like St Elmo’s fire or green flash for Arcane, dry dusty weather for Earth, and Plague is the most difficult to associate with weather but maybe something damp, muggy, and not too bright
ooh I like the idea of dominance affecting weather!

my headcanons are warm sunny days for Light and Nature, cold snowy days for Ice, cloudy hazy days for Shadow, meteors and weird weather phenomena like St Elmo’s fire or green flash for Arcane, dry dusty weather for Earth, and Plague is the most difficult to associate with weather but maybe something damp, muggy, and not too bright
Webp-net-resizeimage-2.png