Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [VAL 2024] Sew Cute! - finished
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Quote:
We’ve arrived at the last day!

If you made something for this event, take some time to reflect on it.
What do you like most about it, and what do you think could be improved?

If you haven’t made something, share an experience you’re thankful for that happened during these past two weeks instead.

I think if I had had my grandma around just to give me tips it would've gone better, but I am still proud of how it ended up looking! The second felt one was definitely made less with talent and more curiosity, but overall I'm happy with both of them and I will probably make more in my free time to train myself and give them to loved ones :)
Quote:

If you haven’t made something, share an experience you’re thankful for that happened during these past two weeks instead.

I think if I had had my grandma around just to give me tips it would've gone better, but I am still proud of how it ended up looking! The second felt one was definitely made less with talent and more curiosity, but overall I'm happy with both of them and I will probably make more in my free time to train myself and give them to loved ones :)
[quote= Feb 15]What was the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on? If you’re not the crafty type, do you have any new skills you want to learn this year?[/quote] Oh, anything can be a challenge when you're me! I like writing a lot but barely finish anything because I just can't seem to [i]stick[/i] with one thing for good. Whenever I notice the first plot holes I try to solve them for a bit, get frustrated and decide that the entire idea was already trash from the very beginning before banning the wip to another folder where it's never to be seen again. :,) [quote= Feb 17]We’ve arrived at the last day! If you made something for this event, take some time to reflect on it. What do you like most about it, and what do you think could be improved? If you haven’t made something, share an experience you’re thankful for that happened during these past two weeks instead. [/quote] While I didn't have the time or materials to sew something, I [i]did[/i] find some time to meet up with a new friend I made. Like me, he also likes to write and we used this meet-up to "force" each other to write. So hey, maybe he can help me with actually finishing writing projects. Even if he doesn't, I get to hear his stories and listen to his voice!
Feb 15 wrote:
What was the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on?
If you’re not the crafty type, do you have any new skills you want to learn this year?
Oh, anything can be a challenge when you're me! I like writing a lot but barely finish anything because I just can't seem to stick with one thing for good. Whenever I notice the first plot holes I try to solve them for a bit, get frustrated and decide that the entire idea was already trash from the very beginning before banning the wip to another folder where it's never to be seen again. :,)

Feb 17 wrote:

While I didn't have the time or materials to sew something, I did find some time to meet up with a new friend I made. Like me, he also likes to write and we used this meet-up to "force" each other to write. So hey, maybe he can help me with actually finishing writing projects. Even if he doesn't, I get to hear his stories and listen to his voice!
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
Quote:

I didn't get my dragon made, but I reconnected with hand sewing, something I loved and had stopped doing for no reason other than IRL. I'm proud of me for going to a fabric store to get items to make the dragon (can't believe I not longer have even one fragment of a scrap in my house!), and I intend to make the plushie after the fact as it were. We have a long weekend here, so I'm aiming to do it, but after the event ends.

Thanks so much for an amazing and unique event!! I loved it and can see how many others loved it, too.

And brava to everyone who submitted your dragons; I've enjoyed following along as you created, you brave souls!!

^^
Quote:

I didn't get my dragon made, but I reconnected with hand sewing, something I loved and had stopped doing for no reason other than IRL. I'm proud of me for going to a fabric store to get items to make the dragon (can't believe I not longer have even one fragment of a scrap in my house!), and I intend to make the plushie after the fact as it were. We have a long weekend here, so I'm aiming to do it, but after the event ends.

Thanks so much for an amazing and unique event!! I loved it and can see how many others loved it, too.

And brava to everyone who submitted your dragons; I've enjoyed following along as you created, you brave souls!!

^^
Quote:

I'm glad that I took the time to play with all the different types of fabrics, and review them when I posted. I wish my time management skills had been a little better so that I had also had time for a mith.
Quote:

I'm glad that I took the time to play with all the different types of fabrics, and review them when I posted. I wish my time management skills had been a little better so that I had also had time for a mith.
under construction...

Quote:

I'm just grateful that the Nature Push has seemed to go fairly well and I didn't forget anything major when setting up the PB!!

But it was also really good to see a craft event like this happening, even if I didn't make anything, and I'm hoping that more people take them up.

Quote:

I'm just grateful that the Nature Push has seemed to go fairly well and I didn't forget anything major when setting up the PB!!

But it was also really good to see a craft event like this happening, even if I didn't make anything, and I'm hoping that more people take them up.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[quote=#8 | Feb 17]We’ve arrived at the last day! If you made something for this event, take some time to reflect on it. What do you like most about it, and what do you think could be improved? If you haven’t made something, share an experience you’re thankful for that happened during these past two weeks instead.[/quote] You know, I'm really glad I tried making the little dragons! I feel more confident that I could pick up sewing as a skill, if I ever need to. It's a lot like learning crochet. If you have good quality instructions (thank gods for the internet) and don't mind failing as you attempt new techniques, it's pretty easy to pick up and learn. Just give it enough time. (Well, crochet was easy for me, and I get that same vibe from sewing as well, but I hope that won't come off as minimizing anyone with a different experience, hah.) And hey, if you ever run an event like this again, please ping me! ^w^ Maybe I'll attempt it on my sister's sewing machine next time.
#8 | Feb 17 wrote:

You know, I'm really glad I tried making the little dragons! I feel more confident that I could pick up sewing as a skill, if I ever need to. It's a lot like learning crochet. If you have good quality instructions (thank gods for the internet) and don't mind failing as you attempt new techniques, it's pretty easy to pick up and learn. Just give it enough time. (Well, crochet was easy for me, and I get that same vibe from sewing as well, but I hope that won't come off as minimizing anyone with a different experience, hah.)

And hey, if you ever run an event like this again, please ping me! ^w^ Maybe I'll attempt it on my sister's sewing machine next time.
The_Aether_Orchard
[quote=#8 | Feb 17]We’ve arrived at the last day! If you made something for this event, take some time to reflect on it. What do you like most about it, and what do you think could be improved? If you haven’t made something, share an experience you’re thankful for that happened during these past two weeks instead.[/quote] I'm very thankful I participated in this event because despite being a plush artist, I often never set aside time to make plushies for myself and the simple dragons really did give me some enrichment as warm-ups/cooldowns from working on other things :) Experimenting with the simple dragon pattern (trying a 3D version and keychains) also made for some fun projects, and I feel inspired to make some of my own patterns again. One thing I need to improve on in general is being a little more meticulous with angles while machine sewing, even if it means slowing down a bit!
#8 | Feb 17 wrote:

I'm very thankful I participated in this event because despite being a plush artist, I often never set aside time to make plushies for myself and the simple dragons really did give me some enrichment as warm-ups/cooldowns from working on other things :) Experimenting with the simple dragon pattern (trying a 3D version and keychains) also made for some fun projects, and I feel inspired to make some of my own patterns again.

One thing I need to improve on in general is being a little more meticulous with angles while machine sewing, even if it means slowing down a bit!
4qwWBWB.png
Signature art by Toxoid!
[quote name="Cordially" date="2024-02-16 18:45:12" ] @/Norkia More little guys!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [emoji=familiar heart size=1] I’ve been really loving the eyes you use in your submissions, they have such a sweet doe-eyed feel to them :]c And too bad about the keychain… I don’t have any experience making plush keychains but I wonder if an even smaller dragon would be better…? Also! Congratulations on submitting the [i]50th[/i] plushie to this event!! A sort of arbitrary number, sure, but still worth highlighting. Thank you!! :] [/quote] @Cordially 50 is such an awesome milestone to surpass! I'd say this event was a rousing success [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] And ehehe, I have a ton of safety eyes at my disposal~ I mostly use black ones, so my colored ones often go unused- but at least they've been getting some use here! And now, I've completed my final two simple dragons for this event~ I even made another keychain attempt, and it was all in the center of gravity. The back half is more weighted than the front, so I put the ribbon loop in the wing and it's much better balanced now. I make plush keychains as part of my store stock, but they're shaped much more simpler than this pattern so having to trial & error for this was a fun feat! [img]https://i.imgur.com/Btu6LYQ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hdg8oPy.png[/img]
Cordially wrote on 2024-02-16 18:45:12:

@/Norkia More little guys!! I’ve been really loving the eyes you use in your submissions, they have such a sweet doe-eyed feel to them :]c And too bad about the keychain… I don’t have any experience making plush keychains but I wonder if an even smaller dragon would be better…?

Also! Congratulations on submitting the 50th plushie to this event!! A sort of arbitrary number, sure, but still worth highlighting. Thank you!! :]

@Cordially 50 is such an awesome milestone to surpass! I'd say this event was a rousing success And ehehe, I have a ton of safety eyes at my disposal~ I mostly use black ones, so my colored ones often go unused- but at least they've been getting some use here!

And now, I've completed my final two simple dragons for this event~ I even made another keychain attempt, and it was all in the center of gravity. The back half is more weighted than the front, so I put the ribbon loop in the wing and it's much better balanced now. I make plush keychains as part of my store stock, but they're shaped much more simpler than this pattern so having to trial & error for this was a fun feat!

Btu6LYQ.png

hdg8oPy.png
4qwWBWB.png
Signature art by Toxoid!
@Cordially I managed to finish the Aether! Here she is, based on my friend's dragon [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85468468]Babymetal[/url]! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/DwWQ2XWp/IMG-0306.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/P58ZGncB/IMG-0305.jpg[/img] And here's the pattern, if anyone wants to play around with it :> I made mine two-tone, but you should be able to make it all in one piece the same way as the standard simple dragon! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/sxXQwk7H/IMG-0302.jpg[/img]
@Cordially I managed to finish the Aether! Here she is, based on my friend's dragon Babymetal!

IMG-0306.jpg

IMG-0305.jpg

And here's the pattern, if anyone wants to play around with it :> I made mine two-tone, but you should be able to make it all in one piece the same way as the standard simple dragon!

IMG-0302.jpg
shopbutton-resize-transparent.png
[quote=Feb 17]If you made something for this event, take some time to reflect on it. What do you like most about it, and what do you think could be improved?[/quote] it was definetly something new for me, but i really liked this event ^^ in hindsight, i shouldn't have been that aggressive when turning the plushies inside out. [i]I wonder what adventures Gnurmo, Gniesbert and Ollie will go on... maybe they'll be back next year?[/i]
Feb 17 wrote:

it was definetly something new for me, but i really liked this event ^^
in hindsight, i shouldn't have been that aggressive when turning the plushies inside out.

I wonder what adventures Gnurmo, Gniesbert and Ollie will go on... maybe they'll be back next year?
FR time +9
BUUUUUUUUGS me luv aether

xe/xem/xyr
cir/cirm/cer
they/them/their is fine too ;)
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31