Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | so... how do pearlcatchers walk?
1 2 3 4
I always picture them as carrying it with their tails... And sometimes using it like an ankylosaur's club.
I always picture them as carrying it with their tails... And sometimes using it like an ankylosaur's club.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
They dont. They balance on their pearl and somehow manevour it in such a way it works as a mobile for them.
They dont. They balance on their pearl and somehow manevour it in such a way it works as a mobile for them.
IxetaBl.pngPcIGNKw.pngbprUbRF.png
OeRHGjw.png
[quote name="FrozenBarioth" date="2024-02-06 19:36:22" ] [...] I'm not really sure if pearlcatchers are more bent on showing off the pearl since they consider it part of their identity, [...] [/quote] I read this and immediately thought of a pearlcatcher using one of these to show off their pearl [img]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/a5fe3585-70eb-4a09-b9ad-87ef5206f503_1.38c634f3d8e87b6a63f6a71bcf7adba5.jpeg[/img]
FrozenBarioth wrote on 2024-02-06 19:36:22:
[...] I'm not really sure if pearlcatchers are more bent on showing off the pearl since they consider it part of their identity, [...]
I read this and immediately thought of a pearlcatcher using one of these to show off their pearl
a5fe3585-70eb-4a09-b9ad-87ef5206f503_1.38c634f3d8e87b6a63f6a71bcf7adba5.jpeg
Gek4MgE.png
GOoia7D.png
CISPrku.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
mlHpBMC.png
z3FSuck.png
5hF3FGk.png
Q0Bai3e.png
W3zVYMS.png
i imagine they carry the pearls with their wings, and with their talons while in flight
i imagine they carry the pearls with their wings, and with their talons while in flight
WBsJuD1.png
i'm bugs
she/they/rot/.com
forum pings make me go ":)"
Mouth is like an extra hand when your actual hands are full :)
Mouth is like an extra hand when your actual hands are full :)
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
I can't get the image of a Pearlcatcher dribbling it like a basketball while they walk out of my head. Gotta get their dunk on.
I can't get the image of a Pearlcatcher dribbling it like a basketball while they walk out of my head. Gotta get their dunk on.
9iqeDz7.png
If they have to move, they go by palanquin only, the more gaudy the better. No pearl problem necessary.
If they have to move, they go by palanquin only, the more gaudy the better. No pearl problem necessary.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
So I have two ideas for this; some of my PCS do not carry their pearls fulltime and instead leave it somewhere stashed safe in their lair

Or

They carry it in a bag or sling while in flight and walking around or cupping it in their wings
So I have two ideas for this; some of my PCS do not carry their pearls fulltime and instead leave it somewhere stashed safe in their lair

Or

They carry it in a bag or sling while in flight and walking around or cupping it in their wings
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
[img]https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_social_share_1200x630_center,f_auto,q_auto:best/newscms/2016_22/1109971/dog-sailor-guinness-balance-ball-today-160602-tease.jpg[/img]
dog-sailor-guinness-balance-ball-today-160602-tease.jpg
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
all three examples you gave sound pretty cute but i always imagined maybe they have prehensile tails like monkeys, and just wrap it around the pearl to lug it around when they needs their claws free
all three examples you gave sound pretty cute but i always imagined maybe they have prehensile tails like monkeys, and just wrap it around the pearl to lug it around when they needs their claws free
it/star/he/they/she + any/all
aromantic asexual
1 2 3 4