Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are you currently reading?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Currently re-reading Shadows Return by Lynn Flewelling, the fourth book in her Nightrunner series! The whole series revolves around fantasy espionage and political intrigue, but this part is specifically about alchemy and messed up body-horror things you can accomplish with it. It's my favorite series ever and I couldn't recommend it enough for people who enjoy realistically executed fantasy, high action and mlm protagonists. (I'm not without my critiques on the series of course but I'd let you form your own experience w the books first!)

The books contain some pretty graphic descriptions of battle, abuse, torture and death so only venture forth if you don't mind those things
Currently re-reading Shadows Return by Lynn Flewelling, the fourth book in her Nightrunner series! The whole series revolves around fantasy espionage and political intrigue, but this part is specifically about alchemy and messed up body-horror things you can accomplish with it. It's my favorite series ever and I couldn't recommend it enough for people who enjoy realistically executed fantasy, high action and mlm protagonists. (I'm not without my critiques on the series of course but I'd let you form your own experience w the books first!)

The books contain some pretty graphic descriptions of battle, abuse, torture and death so only venture forth if you don't mind those things

I'm almost half way through the third book in the ToG series! Though my to-read list is growing a bit large as I subscribe to the "finish one book, buy two more" mentality... [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
I'm almost half way through the third book in the ToG series!

Though my to-read list is growing a bit large as I subscribe to the "finish one book, buy two more" mentality...
J7pJM9O.png9Totqwj.pngyOZSLiq.png
I'm reading a book called STIFF rn...it's a book about cadavers [emoji=sandsurge laughing size=1]
I'm reading a book called STIFF rn...it's a book about cadavers
I’d love if you stopped by!
Hatchery
Art Shop
[quote name="KarrotTop" date="2024-02-06 10:05:09" ] I'm reading a book called STIFF rn...it's a book about cadavers [emoji=sandsurge laughing size=1] [/quote] That sounds super interesting!! Maybe I should pick it up :D
KarrotTop wrote on 2024-02-06 10:05:09:
I'm reading a book called STIFF rn...it's a book about cadavers
That sounds super interesting!! Maybe I should pick it up :D
8571491f34d15c79324789f17fef14034d2d6c52.gifbf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif b81ad04ac7d51b61d9190f8eb96b0a85cec1be3d.gif bf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif35049669a1797c08a87f2bf411c52ea5ea89399f.gif
eswSnrS.pngePOliyb.pngoq8LyLj.pngmSLoohP.pngooe7M15.png
I'm currently reading "Behind the Horror: True Stories that Inspired Horror Movies". It's quite an interesting read and I appreciate the big variety in movies; it ranges from M (1931) all the way to The Witch (2015) and The Lighthouse (2019).
I'm currently reading "Behind the Horror: True Stories that Inspired Horror Movies". It's quite an interesting read and I appreciate the big variety in movies; it ranges from M (1931) all the way to The Witch (2015) and The Lighthouse (2019).
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
Oooo...! A bookshare thead :D I want to snoop at what everones reading and maybe put it on my my own read-list!

I've been reading Children of Time (General, Sci-fi Fiction) by Adrian Tchaikovsky, No Longer Human (Graphic novel, Horror), Junji Ito's adaptation of Osamu Dazai's works, and Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite (Adult, Fiction, Psychological Horror) which I'm really loving how the prose is written but it is very graphic, extreme horror! Not for the faint of heart. No Longer Human is beautifully illustrated and haunting. I feel like this main character is similar in their sociopathy. Childen of Time is like, post-apocalyptic future of humanity in space and a hyper-evolved civil society of spiders :D
Oooo...! A bookshare thead :D I want to snoop at what everones reading and maybe put it on my my own read-list!

I've been reading Children of Time (General, Sci-fi Fiction) by Adrian Tchaikovsky, No Longer Human (Graphic novel, Horror), Junji Ito's adaptation of Osamu Dazai's works, and Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite (Adult, Fiction, Psychological Horror) which I'm really loving how the prose is written but it is very graphic, extreme horror! Not for the faint of heart. No Longer Human is beautifully illustrated and haunting. I feel like this main character is similar in their sociopathy. Childen of Time is like, post-apocalyptic future of humanity in space and a hyper-evolved civil society of spiders :D
ca4nyRv.png1YB0OjO.pngeIK5iG7.pngtqGkHih.pnghelluva_boss.pngshe_ra.pngrnKnsgE.pngoaolHwW.pngll0CfnD.png11efmKl.pngMesq6uj.pngYMPbu9R.png
[quote name="HTML" date="2024-02-06 13:03:16" ] I'm currently reading "Behind the Horror: True Stories that Inspired Horror Movies". It's quite an interesting read and I appreciate the big variety in movies; it ranges from M (1931) all the way to The Witch (2015) and The Lighthouse (2019). [/quote] I think I will check this out!
HTML wrote on 2024-02-06 13:03:16:

I think I will check this out!
ca4nyRv.png1YB0OjO.pngeIK5iG7.pngtqGkHih.pnghelluva_boss.pngshe_ra.pngrnKnsgE.pngoaolHwW.pngll0CfnD.png11efmKl.pngMesq6uj.pngYMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Hydraheads" date="2024-02-06 21:32:34" ] Oooo...! A bookshare thead :D I want to snoop at what everones reading and maybe put it on my my own read-list! I've been reading Children of Time (General, Sci-fi Fiction) by Adrian Tchaikovsky, No Longer Human (Graphic novel, Horror), Junji Ito's adaptation of Osamu Dazai's works, and Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite (Adult, Fiction, Psychological Horror) which I'm really loving how the prose is written but it is very graphic, extreme horror! Not for the faint of heart. No Longer Human is beautifully illustrated and haunting. I feel like this main character is similar in their sociopathy. Childen of Time is like, post-apocalyptic future of humanity in space and a hyper-evolved civil society of spiders :D [/quote] i really enjoyed exquisite corpse!! i have such a fun time with novels about horrible people doing horrible things, especially when it has to do with The Body and similar. i also have plenty of stomach for extreme horror, though.
Hydraheads wrote on 2024-02-06 21:32:34:

i really enjoyed exquisite corpse!! i have such a fun time with novels about horrible people doing horrible things, especially when it has to do with The Body and similar. i also have plenty of stomach for extreme horror, though.
8571491f34d15c79324789f17fef14034d2d6c52.gifbf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif b81ad04ac7d51b61d9190f8eb96b0a85cec1be3d.gif bf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif35049669a1797c08a87f2bf411c52ea5ea89399f.gif
eswSnrS.pngePOliyb.pngoq8LyLj.pngmSLoohP.pngooe7M15.png
[quote name="plasticseaslug" date="2024-02-06 21:46:45" ] i really enjoyed exquisite corpse!! i have such a fun time with novels about horrible people doing horrible things, especially when it has to do with The Body and similar. i also have plenty of stomach for extreme horror, though. [/quote] Oh yeah?? I've been getting more into the extreme horror genre... Any other good titles you'd rec, if you may? Happy to hear you've read it as well! I'm really enthralled with it, despite the subject and characters, its really fascinating and it's one of those books I love so far but I feel like some people might think I'm crazy for enjoying at all xD I know Poppy has some vampire titles they've written as well I'm thinking about picking up; Lost Souls, and Drawing Blood.
plasticseaslug wrote on 2024-02-06 21:46:45:
i really enjoyed exquisite corpse!! i have such a fun time with novels about horrible people doing horrible things, especially when it has to do with The Body and similar. i also have plenty of stomach for extreme horror, though.

Oh yeah?? I've been getting more into the extreme horror genre... Any other good titles you'd rec, if you may?

Happy to hear you've read it as well! I'm really enthralled with it, despite the subject and characters, its really fascinating and it's one of those books I love so far but I feel like some people might think I'm crazy for enjoying at all xD I know Poppy has some vampire titles they've written as well I'm thinking about picking up; Lost Souls, and Drawing Blood.
Wolfheart by Richard A. Knaak! It's one of the World of Warcraft novels... I'm trying to catch up on all of them, lol
Wolfheart by Richard A. Knaak! It's one of the World of Warcraft novels... I'm trying to catch up on all of them, lol
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15