Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spending 95k just to exalt a baby?
1 2 3 4
Hatchling didn't pass the vibe check. It be like that.
Hatchling didn't pass the vibe check. It be like that.
[quote name="PricklySnoots" date="2024-02-03 17:50:47" ] Likely a bloodline issue. There is not a lot of genetic diversity in XXX triple gem gened rare breeds. [/quote] ^^^ i've definitely been guilting of buying a dragon for a breeding project before assaying bloodlines, seeing that its incompatible, and just exalting it instead. it also very well could have been an impulse purchase that they regretted, lol
PricklySnoots wrote on 2024-02-03 17:50:47:
Likely a bloodline issue. There is not a lot of genetic diversity in XXX triple gem gened rare breeds.

^^^

i've definitely been guilting of buying a dragon for a breeding project before assaying bloodlines, seeing that its incompatible, and just exalting it instead. it also very well could have been an impulse purchase that they regretted, lol
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Yeah, likely they were related. Or maybe wrong gender, it's easy to make this mistake too with hatchies, thinking that you already had a male when it was a female or picking the wrong filter on AH. In any case, 95k is not too much of a hit for many players so it's easier to exalt than try to resell, especially if they're low on lair space.
Yeah, likely they were related. Or maybe wrong gender, it's easy to make this mistake too with hatchies, thinking that you already had a male when it was a female or picking the wrong filter on AH. In any case, 95k is not too much of a hit for many players so it's easier to exalt than try to resell, especially if they're low on lair space.
hey, atleast you made bank ;}
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-02-03 16:36:07" ] I've heard tell that some people do this because they want to remove competition from the market. With so many dragons available, you kinda gotta if you wanna sell in the long run ig? [/quote] ahh that makes some sense though I could just breed more ahah. I haven't been on FR for such a long time but had a quick look at AH and there's currently zero dragons with the same colour/genes/breed for sale.
Recallback wrote on 2024-02-03 16:36:07:
I've heard tell that some people do this because they want to remove competition from the market. With so many dragons available, you kinda gotta if you wanna sell in the long run ig?

ahh that makes some sense though I could just breed more ahah. I haven't been on FR for such a long time but had a quick look at AH and there's currently zero dragons with the same colour/genes/breed for sale.
rhesmanisa.regular.png
[quote name="Sciencing" date="2024-02-03 04:59:55" ] Discovered it was too closely related to the intended mate, probably - 95k isn't a big deal for a lot of people. That's one day of fairgrounds and exalting your fodder mill output at level 6 or 7. [/quote] [quote name="Paleogene" date="2024-02-03 05:11:24" ] Yeah, probably because they didnt assay the bloodlines, or maybe it was a regretted impulse buy, since reselling it for the original price is super unlikely. Saying this because I've ended up exalting very costly dragons for the same reasons :/ [/quote] [quote name="Apolli" date="2024-02-03 16:27:01" ] Might be bloodline incompatibility- I know I had some pretty unlucky purchases myself that were rendered useless when I failed to assay them before buying :< [/quote] [quote name="cantrip" date="2024-02-03 16:37:43" ] i have 100% done this for the same reason as everyone else buried in my history is at least one dragon i spent 600kt on only to realize she was Not going to work for what i needed bc she was too closely related to the male and rather than try to resell her i just sighed very heavily and took what i could get from exalting bc i didn't have room to wait however long it took her to move, lol [/quote] [quote name="PricklySnoots" date="2024-02-03 17:50:47" ] Likely a bloodline issue. There is not a lot of genetic diversity in XXX triple gem gened rare breeds. [/quote] Thanks for all your replies! It does make sense, they probably didn't assay bloodlines before the purchase.. I used to purchase without checking but after one expensive fail I now check everything lol.
Sciencing wrote on 2024-02-03 04:59:55:
Discovered it was too closely related to the intended mate, probably - 95k isn't a big deal for a lot of people. That's one day of fairgrounds and exalting your fodder mill output at level 6 or 7.
Paleogene wrote on 2024-02-03 05:11:24:
Yeah, probably because they didnt assay the bloodlines, or maybe it was a regretted impulse buy, since reselling it for the original price is super unlikely. Saying this because I've ended up exalting very costly dragons for the same reasons :/
Apolli wrote on 2024-02-03 16:27:01:
Might be bloodline incompatibility- I know I had some pretty unlucky purchases myself that were rendered useless when I failed to assay them before buying :<
cantrip wrote on 2024-02-03 16:37:43:
i have 100% done this for the same reason as everyone else

buried in my history is at least one dragon i spent 600kt on only to realize she was Not going to work for what i needed bc she was too closely related to the male and rather than try to resell her i just sighed very heavily and took what i could get from exalting bc i didn't have room to wait however long it took her to move, lol
PricklySnoots wrote on 2024-02-03 17:50:47:
Likely a bloodline issue. There is not a lot of genetic diversity in XXX triple gem gened rare breeds.

Thanks for all your replies! It does make sense, they probably didn't assay bloodlines before the purchase.. I used to purchase without checking but after one expensive fail I now check everything lol.
rhesmanisa.regular.png
[quote name="Natron" date="2024-02-03 05:11:28" ] One of my G1s was bought, turned into a Ridgeback and then exalted [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] at least he looks pretty on his column throne [/quote] Aww same my ice baby looks so pretty on the column. [quote name="Achaius" date="2024-02-03 08:21:01" ] F but also that's really aesthetic, they match the exalt pillar. perfect scene... [/quote] Yes! A perfect match for the icewarden
Natron wrote on 2024-02-03 05:11:28:
One of my G1s was bought, turned into a Ridgeback and then exalted at least he looks pretty on his column throne

Aww same my ice baby looks so pretty on the column.
Achaius wrote on 2024-02-03 08:21:01:
F but also that's really aesthetic, they match the exalt pillar. perfect scene...

Yes! A perfect match for the icewarden

rhesmanisa.regular.png
[quote name="acegallifreya" date="2024-02-03 09:37:26" ] I had a nice aether bought for like 40g then exalted a couple days later. It was a nice one I had considered keeping so I was a little upset but people do things like that sometimes. That's why I always make sure to name dragons now before selling even if they're listed higher than fodder prices. People will spend a wad and then change their mind for whatever reason [/quote] [quote name="meowfish" date="2024-02-03 10:41:19" ] A long time ago, someone exalted Unnamed a dragon I had sold for 100kt! After that I named every single offspring. Nowadays i just find it curious what people will do. Once I woke up to a dragon having been purchased, had the breeding cooldown thing applied *and* the nest insta-hatched, then they were exalted. All before I woke up the next day. I feel like their genes were changed or the offspring had something happen to them, too, or something else, but it's been awhile. It seemed like they had a wild night in Sornieth-Vegas and then flicked off to serve the diety. [/quote] I thought 95k was enough not to be exalt fodder lol [quote name="Sciatica" date="2024-02-03 19:09:24" ] sold a 8yr dragon for close to 90k and it was exalted before i could even look at it in the new lair [emoji=guardian star size=2] [/quote] awww same I never knew who purchased mine either, exalted so fast [quote name="ReactorFour" date="2024-02-03 22:50:11" ] hey, atleast you made bank ;} [/quote] haha yes much needed treasure after a hiatus
acegallifreya wrote on 2024-02-03 09:37:26:
I had a nice aether bought for like 40g then exalted a couple days later. It was a nice one I had considered keeping so I was a little upset but people do things like that sometimes.

That's why I always make sure to name dragons now before selling even if they're listed higher than fodder prices. People will spend a wad and then change their mind for whatever reason
meowfish wrote on 2024-02-03 10:41:19:
A long time ago, someone exalted Unnamed a dragon I had sold for 100kt! After that I named every single offspring.
Nowadays i just find it curious what people will do. Once I woke up to a dragon having been purchased, had the breeding cooldown thing applied *and* the nest insta-hatched, then they were exalted. All before I woke up the next day. I feel like their genes were changed or the offspring had something happen to them, too, or something else, but it's been awhile. It seemed like they had a wild night in Sornieth-Vegas and then flicked off to serve the diety.

I thought 95k was enough not to be exalt fodder lol
Sciatica wrote on 2024-02-03 19:09:24:
sold a 8yr dragon for close to 90k and it was exalted before i could even look at it in the new lair

awww same I never knew who purchased mine either, exalted so fast
ReactorFour wrote on 2024-02-03 22:50:11:

haha yes much needed treasure after a hiatus
rhesmanisa.regular.png
I've had someone buy a 500g g1 from me with pretty good colors and exalt it almost immediately, that left me fairly baffled.
I've had someone buy a 500g g1 from me with pretty good colors and exalt it almost immediately, that left me fairly baffled.
I've had this happen to a level 25 dragon I sold, she was immediately exalted to a flight that wasn't even pushing at the time lol

I do have a habit of buying dragons that I end up changing my mind and exalting them later though (I don't really like going through the effort to resell), but I wait until they grow up so I can level and exalt them as a fodder :p
I've had this happen to a level 25 dragon I sold, she was immediately exalted to a flight that wasn't even pushing at the time lol

I do have a habit of buying dragons that I end up changing my mind and exalting them later though (I don't really like going through the effort to resell), but I wait until they grow up so I can level and exalt them as a fodder :p
1 2 3 4