Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Comments under dragons description?
1 2
[quote name="Ais" date="2024-01-05 08:05:48" ] No support, because there would not be a toggle system. "Likes" can't be turned off, only hidden from yourself, and profile comments cannot be disabled and must all be manually deleted. I see no reason to believe dragon comments would get different treatment. This would lead to all the struggles of the "likes" system magnified tenfold. Harrassment, popularity contest, [b]allusions to social media, etc, plus the management of possibly 600+ dragons.[/b] All for something not much of an improvement over a profile comment, PM, or message in Dragon Share. [/quote] Emphasis mine. I get that this is coming from a good place and is meant to be cute and wholesome, but either people are going to have to manually toggle it for potentially hundreds of dragons, or people with ANY valuable dragon (g1 imps, g1 triples, old dragons, etc) are going to just not be able to use this feature. That plus I could see even more harassment coming towards anyone who buys a dragon and then puts it in their exalt tab-- the og owner commenting "please don't exalt me!" on the dragon. Just too much for the small mod team to moderate.
Ais wrote on 2024-01-05 08:05:48:
No support, because there would not be a toggle system. "Likes" can't be turned off, only hidden from yourself, and profile comments cannot be disabled and must all be manually deleted. I see no reason to believe dragon comments would get different treatment.

This would lead to all the struggles of the "likes" system magnified tenfold. Harrassment, popularity contest, allusions to social media, etc, plus the management of possibly 600+ dragons. All for something not much of an improvement over a profile comment, PM, or message in Dragon Share.

Emphasis mine. I get that this is coming from a good place and is meant to be cute and wholesome, but either people are going to have to manually toggle it for potentially hundreds of dragons, or people with ANY valuable dragon (g1 imps, g1 triples, old dragons, etc) are going to just not be able to use this feature.

That plus I could see even more harassment coming towards anyone who buys a dragon and then puts it in their exalt tab-- the og owner commenting "please don't exalt me!" on the dragon. Just too much for the small mod team to moderate.
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
I'd be fine with dragon comments so long as the default status is comments off for all dragons, even for dragons that originally came from another user that had comments on (though the comments themselves are preserved).
I'd be fine with dragon comments so long as the default status is comments off for all dragons, even for dragons that originally came from another user that had comments on (though the comments themselves are preserved).
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
[quote name="Ais" date="2024-01-05 08:05:48" ] No support, because there would not be a toggle system. "Likes" can't be turned off, only hidden from yourself, and profile comments cannot be disabled and must all be manually deleted. I see no reason to believe dragon comments would get different treatment. This would lead to all the struggles of the "likes" system magnified tenfold. Harrassment, popularity contest, allusions to social media, etc, plus the management of possibly 600+ dragons. All for something not much of an improvement over a profile comment, PM, or message in Dragon Share. [/quote] This. Until we get an [b]actual[/b] way to disable likes (and profile comments) on our own accounts I'd rather we didn't add more places that require players to moderate on a daily basis or play make-belief that a certain feature doesn't exit. Hiding likes is already a terrible bandaid on a bigger issue, so no support for anything that will make that problem worse for players who would have preferred to have a choice to not participate.
Ais wrote on 2024-01-05 08:05:48:
No support, because there would not be a toggle system. "Likes" can't be turned off, only hidden from yourself, and profile comments cannot be disabled and must all be manually deleted. I see no reason to believe dragon comments would get different treatment.

This would lead to all the struggles of the "likes" system magnified tenfold. Harrassment, popularity contest, allusions to social media, etc, plus the management of possibly 600+ dragons. All for something not much of an improvement over a profile comment, PM, or message in Dragon Share.

This. Until we get an actual way to disable likes (and profile comments) on our own accounts I'd rather we didn't add more places that require players to moderate on a daily basis or play make-belief that a certain feature doesn't exit.

Hiding likes is already a terrible bandaid on a bigger issue, so no support for anything that will make that problem worse for players who would have preferred to have a choice to not participate.
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
If this is customizable and optional, with it being toggled off as a default... then sure!

If it's not curatable then I'd rather not have it. I wouldn't want a bunch of sale inquiries stuck on a perma's comments section. Or commentary about my exalting habits on my fodder... X'D
If this is customizable and optional, with it being toggled off as a default... then sure!

If it's not curatable then I'd rather not have it. I wouldn't want a bunch of sale inquiries stuck on a perma's comments section. Or commentary about my exalting habits on my fodder... X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
i support only if its opt-in, toggleable per dragon, and likes are finally allowed to be toggled off entirely.
i support only if its opt-in, toggleable per dragon, and likes are finally allowed to be toggled off entirely.
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
support
i think it needs to have an actual lock feature(for specific dragons and whole-clan), so you physically can't leave comments on a dragon who has them turned off, and it wouldn't just be hidden from you like likes are

but otherwise i think it'd be nice, it'd keep comments organized by dragon, and it could still notify you like profile comments do
support
i think it needs to have an actual lock feature(for specific dragons and whole-clan), so you physically can't leave comments on a dragon who has them turned off, and it wouldn't just be hidden from you like likes are

but otherwise i think it'd be nice, it'd keep comments organized by dragon, and it could still notify you like profile comments do
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
mlr1H8z.png
adopt by AspenCrow
wlryNhX.png
1 2