Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What got you into Flight Rising?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was talking with a friend and she mentioned she was playing FR. I asked her what that was, and she says "dragon neopets but with breeding and dress-up". I was sold the moment she said "dragon". I had to wait months before the registration window opened up again (this was before reg window weeks were a thing, mind you).
I was talking with a friend and she mentioned she was playing FR. I asked her what that was, and she says "dragon neopets but with breeding and dress-up". I was sold the moment she said "dragon". I had to wait months before the registration window opened up again (this was before reg window weeks were a thing, mind you).
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
My friends kept playing it around me, and I found that I really liked the artwork and colors so I joined up ^^ I've always enjoyed doll-dressup or character design games, so this was perfect for me <3
My friends kept playing it around me, and I found that I really liked the artwork and colors so I joined up ^^ I've always enjoyed doll-dressup or character design games, so this was perfect for me <3
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
My sister introduced me and now I play more than her lol
My sister introduced me and now I play more than her lol
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
@Tyrannosaur made me do it lol

I saw the art on deviantart way back in the day, since I was obsessed with dragons and was in a circle that mostly drew and roleplayed dragons. I decided to join up! The art and the community made me want to stick around, and here I am 10 years later!
I saw the art on deviantart way back in the day, since I was obsessed with dragons and was in a circle that mostly drew and roleplayed dragons. I decided to join up! The art and the community made me want to stick around, and here I am 10 years later!
jCVhFoZ.gif
a friend of mine during my freshman year of high school had an account and introduced me; this was back when the site had enrollment periods so I waited like two or three weeks before I got to make an account!
a friend of mine during my freshman year of high school had an account and introduced me; this was back when the site had enrollment periods so I waited like two or three weeks before I got to make an account!
23883.png | Misty, Logan
| He, They, She

button18.pngbutton-Nature-Born.png
buttonA.pngbuttonearthclan.png
YMPbu9R.png
Feel free to ping me!
Open to random friend requests and messages (just be polite, ya know?).
I'm subscribed to any threads I make.
=====
[quote name="VenomousRose" date="2024-02-01 14:18:40" ] @Tyrannosaur made me do it lol [/quote] The circle of peer pressure @Sibbi made me do it
VenomousRose wrote on 2024-02-01 14:18:40:
The circle of peer pressure
@Sibbi made me do it
65d976aaca38aa0652d6a6bdf8831a59ecf03774.gif
So I found this website was from this book Dragonart Evolution: How to Draw Everything Dragon by Jessica Peffer-- lol. I think it had like the advertisement for this website embedded into the book, I think that what it was. Its been so long haha.
So I found this website was from this book Dragonart Evolution: How to Draw Everything Dragon by Jessica Peffer-- lol. I think it had like the advertisement for this website embedded into the book, I think that what it was. Its been so long haha.
tumblr_inline_o31rl6lQLB1qbaejw_100.png 2SCHS8Q.pngN4wB1SZ.pngqxwosrg.pngN4wB1SZ.png2SCHS8Q.png
"In the bleak midwinter...
Frosty wind made moan
Earth stood hard as iron
Water like a stone
Snow had fallen
Snow on snow on snow"
right-hori.png
I saw a post on r/HobbyDrama about the original eye drama and decided to check the website out.

Then I told my sister about it and she got very mad because she'd been trying to recruit me casually for awhile and I never picked up on it. lol
I saw a post on r/HobbyDrama about the original eye drama and decided to check the website out.

Then I told my sister about it and she got very mad because she'd been trying to recruit me casually for awhile and I never picked up on it. lol
8Lpal06.gif
~Story Time~

So funny enough, I used to follow Undel's artwork back when there was the Neon DragonArt website! I remember there were a couple of webcomics she had running at the time and always loved those (even though I read them when they were on their end). Then one day I saw that there was a "secret project" called Flight Rising being worked on, so I waited patiently wondering what it was. I then saw the kickstarter for it, and I'm still kicking myself to this day because I literally thought "eh, I'm on Neopets at the moment, I don't think I can handle juggling another pet site, but hope it does well!" and never signed up ;-;.

Years later, I'd occasionally see dragons or art of people's dragons from here, but was always too afraid to join because dominance scared me and that was back when they had welcome weeks. I always thought if I didn't participate in dom once I signed up, people would be mad at me, thinking I was "dead weight" (which I realize is clearly not the case!), so I never did.

Then within the past couple of years, I've been trying to really up my art game, and seeing more and more beautiful art coming from people here, I finally decided to buck up and join so I could be inspired and challenge myself. Luckily it was open registration and no more welcome weeks, and I finally found out dominance was optional, so in I came! And the rest was history lol. And the site's art is beautiful as always :).

TL;DR: I saw the site and chickened out for years, push insecurities aside because pretty dragons and art, and lovely art community :)
~Story Time~

So funny enough, I used to follow Undel's artwork back when there was the Neon DragonArt website! I remember there were a couple of webcomics she had running at the time and always loved those (even though I read them when they were on their end). Then one day I saw that there was a "secret project" called Flight Rising being worked on, so I waited patiently wondering what it was. I then saw the kickstarter for it, and I'm still kicking myself to this day because I literally thought "eh, I'm on Neopets at the moment, I don't think I can handle juggling another pet site, but hope it does well!" and never signed up ;-;.

Years later, I'd occasionally see dragons or art of people's dragons from here, but was always too afraid to join because dominance scared me and that was back when they had welcome weeks. I always thought if I didn't participate in dom once I signed up, people would be mad at me, thinking I was "dead weight" (which I realize is clearly not the case!), so I never did.

Then within the past couple of years, I've been trying to really up my art game, and seeing more and more beautiful art coming from people here, I finally decided to buck up and join so I could be inspired and challenge myself. Luckily it was open registration and no more welcome weeks, and I finally found out dominance was optional, so in I came! And the rest was history lol. And the site's art is beautiful as always :).

TL;DR: I saw the site and chickened out for years, push insecurities aside because pretty dragons and art, and lovely art community :)
HSWqWgZ.png
Dessert Skin shop! Grand Opening

(forum buddy by H0lyFoxx!)
qu9rWwx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7