Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33 34
[quote name="figura" date="2024-01-26 23:12:15" ] (2) …and because I think these items provide compelling “medium-large” goals: something exciting and challenging to save for that is more difficult than a fancy gen1, and less difficult than a fancy gen1 imperial. You know? [/quote] ... Why are you referring to goals that are "absolutely impossible for 99.99% of the playerbase, and absurdly hard that require many years of saving for the 0.01% of the playerbase that can afford it" as "medium-large"? I don't get your frame of reference. Those aren't even close to being medium-large goals. They are basically impossible goals. Like, sure, I get your overall narrative, but I don't get why you're using "medium-large" as your frame of reference instead of "basically impossible". Why pretend that those items are actually obtainable by anyone if they tried to get it when they're not? Like, geez, if someone saved a whole year of Fairgrounds earnings they'd get 27M treasure. That's enough to buy 1 Fire Sprite. 1 year of saving the biggest source of revenue most accounts have (and never mind the fact that plenty of people don't even have the will to do daily Fairgrounds) to get 1/11th of the sprites (never mind the rest of the y1 items... Or the light sprite) is not a medium-large goal, it's just a nigh-impossible goal. I mean, sure, if you're the kind of person that has an art shop or exalts 100 dragons a day you might be able to actually afford all y1 items eventually, but let's not pretend this kind of person is representative of the general playerbase in any manner. Just phrase your arguments right when you make them. You want them to stay as pretty collectables and status symbols? Sure. But don't go and pretend they're attainable "Medium-large" goals. They're nigh-impossible to obtain for basically everyone. ... Also, I don't get the comparison with something like a g1 Imperial... G1 imperial is "Actually impossible." I mean... Unless you have some 20000$ to invest on gems, because it's impossible to get this many gems from playing the game. A pretty g1 can be a short-term goal or a medium-large term goal depending on how pretty it is. Any Roundsey g1 is already a very long-term goal. You had plenty of things you could use as actual functional comparisons, why use the plain impossible to obtain thing as your comparison? You can't even find g1 imps for sale in the first place. And even if you could, basically nobody would be able to afford it anyways, so... What's the point of this kind of example when trying to compare to a "medium-large" goal? That just makes no sense.
figura wrote on 2024-01-26 23:12:15:
(2) …and because I think these items provide compelling “medium-large” goals: something exciting and challenging to save for that is more difficult than a fancy gen1, and less difficult than a fancy gen1 imperial. You know?
... Why are you referring to goals that are "absolutely impossible for 99.99% of the playerbase, and absurdly hard that require many years of saving for the 0.01% of the playerbase that can afford it" as "medium-large"? I don't get your frame of reference. Those aren't even close to being medium-large goals. They are basically impossible goals.

Like, sure, I get your overall narrative, but I don't get why you're using "medium-large" as your frame of reference instead of "basically impossible". Why pretend that those items are actually obtainable by anyone if they tried to get it when they're not?

Like, geez, if someone saved a whole year of Fairgrounds earnings they'd get 27M treasure. That's enough to buy 1 Fire Sprite.

1 year of saving the biggest source of revenue most accounts have (and never mind the fact that plenty of people don't even have the will to do daily Fairgrounds) to get 1/11th of the sprites (never mind the rest of the y1 items... Or the light sprite) is not a medium-large goal, it's just a nigh-impossible goal.

I mean, sure, if you're the kind of person that has an art shop or exalts 100 dragons a day you might be able to actually afford all y1 items eventually, but let's not pretend this kind of person is representative of the general playerbase in any manner.

Just phrase your arguments right when you make them. You want them to stay as pretty collectables and status symbols? Sure. But don't go and pretend they're attainable "Medium-large" goals. They're nigh-impossible to obtain for basically everyone.

... Also, I don't get the comparison with something like a g1 Imperial... G1 imperial is "Actually impossible." I mean... Unless you have some 20000$ to invest on gems, because it's impossible to get this many gems from playing the game.

A pretty g1 can be a short-term goal or a medium-large term goal depending on how pretty it is.

Any Roundsey g1 is already a very long-term goal.

You had plenty of things you could use as actual functional comparisons, why use the plain impossible to obtain thing as your comparison? You can't even find g1 imps for sale in the first place. And even if you could, basically nobody would be able to afford it anyways, so... What's the point of this kind of example when trying to compare to a "medium-large" goal? That just makes no sense.
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
@figura
I do happen to agree with the statement that the staff should be holding to their word more.. but they need to also fix the issues that are coming with the unobtainability of these items now.

I'm pretty sure the y1 Apparel weren't made to be a "statement piece" they were made just to be like the halos, something you can have multiple of and use however you want to. I would absolutely love to have the ability to use them on a lot of my dragons, but they have turned from a "medium-large" goal to "large-borderline unobtainable" especially in the case of light sprites.

Also g1 imps are at this point.. practically impossible to get anyway, the sales are so rare and far between that it's not even a goal really anyone at this point can hope to achieve. Especially with most sales not even being public, And that's not talking about the imp scrolls that are now selling for 20,000 usd equivalent.
@figura
I do happen to agree with the statement that the staff should be holding to their word more.. but they need to also fix the issues that are coming with the unobtainability of these items now.

I'm pretty sure the y1 Apparel weren't made to be a "statement piece" they were made just to be like the halos, something you can have multiple of and use however you want to. I would absolutely love to have the ability to use them on a lot of my dragons, but they have turned from a "medium-large" goal to "large-borderline unobtainable" especially in the case of light sprites.

Also g1 imps are at this point.. practically impossible to get anyway, the sales are so rare and far between that it's not even a goal really anyone at this point can hope to achieve. Especially with most sales not even being public, And that's not talking about the imp scrolls that are now selling for 20,000 usd equivalent.
uh...the first year brighthine stuff costs 1000+ worth in gems alone, how is that a "medium large" goal??? if you're a popular artist or play coli frequently maybe, but not everyone can do that

I don't see the staff changing their minds as a bad thing persay, it's just how it is with buiness sometimes things you do early on no longer work at a later point, retiring fest stuff no longer was a good idea

And then there were things that were just bound to fail such as the eyepocalypse, oof all the threats about wanting to give marks to dragons with naturally hatched special eyes...yikes
uh...the first year brighthine stuff costs 1000+ worth in gems alone, how is that a "medium large" goal??? if you're a popular artist or play coli frequently maybe, but not everyone can do that

I don't see the staff changing their minds as a bad thing persay, it's just how it is with buiness sometimes things you do early on no longer work at a later point, retiring fest stuff no longer was a good idea

And then there were things that were just bound to fail such as the eyepocalypse, oof all the threats about wanting to give marks to dragons with naturally hatched special eyes...yikes
DVcXRyP.png
Full support! I'd love to use some of the older items on my dragons, but I don't exactly want to spend a year or two rigorously grinding for them while the prices keep going up ):
It'd also give me a reason to open a joxbox instead of selling them every festival
Full support! I'd love to use some of the older items on my dragons, but I don't exactly want to spend a year or two rigorously grinding for them while the prices keep going up ):
It'd also give me a reason to open a joxbox instead of selling them every festival
@figura No one has 25k dollars to drop on a G1 Imp. The only way a person could without dropping the cash is a person getting help with the cost. Which is what happened with the 2.5 million gem Imp scroll. It is not a reasonable goal anymore. It's far from it and impossible.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Apparel items is an item people want more of. People also like matching familiars with dragons. I've already talked about it in this thread.

Admins can go back on "promises" for the betterment of the health of the game. The promises have already been talked about in this thread and previous threads on this topic. Flightrising is not doing great with some items anymore. And honestly the admins need to do something. Raffle releases isn't going to cut it. As we can see with how they're handling raffles now from the admin announcement.
@figura No one has 25k dollars to drop on a G1 Imp. The only way a person could without dropping the cash is a person getting help with the cost. Which is what happened with the 2.5 million gem Imp scroll. It is not a reasonable goal anymore. It's far from it and impossible.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Apparel items is an item people want more of. People also like matching familiars with dragons. I've already talked about it in this thread.

Admins can go back on "promises" for the betterment of the health of the game. The promises have already been talked about in this thread and previous threads on this topic. Flightrising is not doing great with some items anymore. And honestly the admins need to do something. Raffle releases isn't going to cut it. As we can see with how they're handling raffles now from the admin announcement.
FeIiZnO.png
@AliceShiki
You're right, "medium-large" isn't really a good way to describe what I'm getting at, since I was using a scale graded on a curve with the "functionally impossible for all but maybe like 3 users at this point" g1 imperial at the top.

I went back and edited my phrasing to be clearer! It's fine if plenty of people still disagree with me, but at the very least I can properly express what I'm trying to get at, here.
@AliceShiki
You're right, "medium-large" isn't really a good way to describe what I'm getting at, since I was using a scale graded on a curve with the "functionally impossible for all but maybe like 3 users at this point" g1 imperial at the top.

I went back and edited my phrasing to be clearer! It's fine if plenty of people still disagree with me, but at the very least I can properly express what I'm trying to get at, here.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@figura Thanks for editing your point! I think it makes much more sense now! ^^)/
@figura Thanks for editing your point! I think it makes much more sense now! ^^)/
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
[quote name="figura" date="2024-01-26 23:12:15" ] No support. In this case, I would simply prefer to see this promise kept: (1) because I find being able to rely on staff’s word to be valuable in and of itself. It is frustrating that it’s starting to feel like there’s no point in relying on their promises for anything, and I'd really like to see that trend reversed with some actually consistent rulings on retired items. (2) …and because I think these items provide compelling top-end-but-not-impossible* goals: something exciting and challenging to save for that is more difficult than a fancy gen1, and less difficult than a fancy gen1 imperial. You know? [/quote] There was no promise though. Literally none. Staff never said yr1 were retiring until months into it and in some random general discussion thread. Officially announced no where until the bear poll went up. Making the items they surprised retired with no communication be one of the only things the staff holds to retirement is ridiculous. I don’t blame them for bad communication back in the day. We were all new and figuring things out including them. But to continue to hold to that is way out of line imo. As for goals… there is absolutely nothing fun about the item you want increasing in price by 10kg everytime you look. Faster than you can make. Because of one person’s monopoly and price fixing. Nice goals stay put on their price. And there is plenty of them on site already.
figura wrote on 2024-01-26 23:12:15:
No support.

In this case, I would simply prefer to see this promise kept:

(1) because I find being able to rely on staff’s word to be valuable in and of itself. It is frustrating that it’s starting to feel like there’s no point in relying on their promises for anything, and I'd really like to see that trend reversed with some actually consistent rulings on retired items.

(2) …and because I think these items provide compelling top-end-but-not-impossible* goals: something exciting and challenging to save for that is more difficult than a fancy gen1, and less difficult than a fancy gen1 imperial. You know?

There was no promise though. Literally none. Staff never said yr1 were retiring until months into it and in some random general discussion thread. Officially announced no where until the bear poll went up. Making the items they surprised retired with no communication be one of the only things the staff holds to retirement is ridiculous. I don’t blame them for bad communication back in the day. We were all new and figuring things out including them. But to continue to hold to that is way out of line imo.

As for goals… there is absolutely nothing fun about the item you want increasing in price by 10kg everytime you look. Faster than you can make. Because of one person’s monopoly and price fixing. Nice goals stay put on their price. And there is plenty of them on site already.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@Gryphire I agree. It's been talked a lot too in this thread and past threads. And yet the promise thing keeps coming up.
@Gryphire I agree. It's been talked a lot too in this thread and past threads. And yet the promise thing keeps coming up.
FeIiZnO.png
full support!!!
what a lot of people dont seem to realize is some of the newer playerbase wasn't even old enough to play FR when it was in its early stages. I see so many people arguing that players should have just been there for the festivals instead of wanting the items now, but I was literally five or so when the Y1 fest stuff was coming out. What was i supposed to do, get a time machine and go back to get them? spend thousands of dollars in real life money that i dont have on a game of pixels just to get more pixels arranged in a way i particularly like?

It's absolutely ludicrous how inflated prices are for old festival familiars. I could save up hundreds of gems a day, spend thousands of dollars on the game, and still not have enough for the most coveted ones like light sprites. They're already going for an unfathomable amount of gems, i can't imagine what they'll be going for in six months, a year, two years even.

joxbox familiars are already low chance. of all the joxboxes i've gotten, i've only gotten a single familiar, ever, and theyll get rarer as time goes on. it won't tank the stock market, it won't be the end of the world, it just means that people won't have to spend real life money on pixels, which is just fine to me.
full support!!!
what a lot of people dont seem to realize is some of the newer playerbase wasn't even old enough to play FR when it was in its early stages. I see so many people arguing that players should have just been there for the festivals instead of wanting the items now, but I was literally five or so when the Y1 fest stuff was coming out. What was i supposed to do, get a time machine and go back to get them? spend thousands of dollars in real life money that i dont have on a game of pixels just to get more pixels arranged in a way i particularly like?

It's absolutely ludicrous how inflated prices are for old festival familiars. I could save up hundreds of gems a day, spend thousands of dollars on the game, and still not have enough for the most coveted ones like light sprites. They're already going for an unfathomable amount of gems, i can't imagine what they'll be going for in six months, a year, two years even.

joxbox familiars are already low chance. of all the joxboxes i've gotten, i've only gotten a single familiar, ever, and theyll get rarer as time goes on. it won't tank the stock market, it won't be the end of the world, it just means that people won't have to spend real life money on pixels, which is just fine to me.
Newt - Any prns - minor - Audhd - FR time + 2
Commissions
Hatchery
Wishlist
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33 34