Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book Recommendations for my new ereader
1 2
@STTERRIBLE omg, that sounds amazing?! very few books are interactive in that sense and I think it can often feel gimmicky but this sounds like it pulls it off really well. thank you for the rec! :D

Also, I don't know if you're in the US and/or have heard of this yet, but if you ARE in the US, then you can use an app called Libby, which officially partners with American public libraries, and use your library card info to borrow eBooks through the app. then you're able to download straight to your Kindle! I read 95% of my books that way! the only caveat is there's often waiting lists for the popular books, but you can put multiples on hold, so!
@STTERRIBLE omg, that sounds amazing?! very few books are interactive in that sense and I think it can often feel gimmicky but this sounds like it pulls it off really well. thank you for the rec! :D

Also, I don't know if you're in the US and/or have heard of this yet, but if you ARE in the US, then you can use an app called Libby, which officially partners with American public libraries, and use your library card info to borrow eBooks through the app. then you're able to download straight to your Kindle! I read 95% of my books that way! the only caveat is there's often waiting lists for the popular books, but you can put multiples on hold, so!
npUP8G8.png

Liesmith
> dawning hatchery
> profile dragon

LxswJzX.png
[quote name="Liesmith" date="2024-01-18 17:31:33" ] @STTERRIBLE omg, that sounds amazing?! very few books are interactive in that sense and I think it can often feel gimmicky but this sounds like it pulls it off really well. thank you for the rec! :D Also, I don't know if you're in the US and/or have heard of this yet, but if you ARE in the US, then you can use an app called Libby, which officially partners with American public libraries, and use your library card info to borrow eBooks through the app. then you're able to download straight to your Kindle! I read 95% of my books that way! the only caveat is there's often waiting lists for the popular books, but you can put multiples on hold, so! [/quote] @Liesmith I gotta buy another copy of House of Leaves for the household, my roomies copy is very used :) I hope you'll like it! I do live in the US, I will definitely try Libby because free books are great! Also, who doesn't love public libraries in digital form?! Thank you for the recommend! <3
Liesmith wrote on 2024-01-18 17:31:33:

@Liesmith I gotta buy another copy of House of Leaves for the household, my roomies copy is very used :) I hope you'll like it! I do live in the US, I will definitely try Libby because free books are great! Also, who doesn't love public libraries in digital form?! Thank you for the recommend! <3
HxcMlGn.pngMUYNhfy.pngE7XeyWd.png
gTTW2gA.pngKxbpiqI.png
a69iToJ.png
My favorite book is called The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. It's kinda like the Arabian Nights, except the king isn't a jerk and the female protagonist carries a magic sword and kicks butt.
My favorite book is called The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. It's kinda like the Arabian Nights, except the king isn't a jerk and the female protagonist carries a magic sword and kicks butt.
Amygdala by Sam Fennah's a good read, if it's on there lol

Also recommending Wings of Fire (if you haven't read it already!!)
Amygdala by Sam Fennah's a good read, if it's on there lol

Also recommending Wings of Fire (if you haven't read it already!!)
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
Frankenstein (I know you've mentioned you like it, but I really like it and suggest rereading it) The King in Yellow, Moby ****, Faust, The Yellow Wallpaper (short, simple, effective.) Wuthering Heights
Frankenstein (I know you've mentioned you like it, but I really like it and suggest rereading it) The King in Yellow, Moby ****, Faust, The Yellow Wallpaper (short, simple, effective.) Wuthering Heights
UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
IDK but maybe Good Omens? Also maybe Small Favors by Erin A. Craig. I also really liked A Snake Falls to Earth by Darcie Little Badger as well.
IDK but maybe Good Omens? Also maybe Small Favors by Erin A. Craig. I also really liked A Snake Falls to Earth by Darcie Little Badger as well.
Ill always recommend Ursula Le Guin, Left Hand of Darkness and The Word for World is Forest are my favorites. I really enjoyed Octavia Butler's Fledgling and Kindred too. Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series is super fun too, I got really pulled into the story and couldn't put it down.

I hope some of these speak to you and that theyre actually fresh recommendations. I feel like Im recommending already well known books ^^`
Ill always recommend Ursula Le Guin, Left Hand of Darkness and The Word for World is Forest are my favorites. I really enjoyed Octavia Butler's Fledgling and Kindred too. Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series is super fun too, I got really pulled into the story and couldn't put it down.

I hope some of these speak to you and that theyre actually fresh recommendations. I feel like Im recommending already well known books ^^`
hcuRq5w.pngV7xWwl8.png
a psalm for the wild-built and a prayer for the crown-shy by becky chambers. they're about a tea-serving monk who goes into the wilderness and meets a robot, who asks the simple question of "what do people need?"

these two books are some of the gentlest sci-fi i've ever read. if you're looking to scratch a solarpunk itch and cry about the nature of our existence, they're so, so good.
a psalm for the wild-built and a prayer for the crown-shy by becky chambers. they're about a tea-serving monk who goes into the wilderness and meets a robot, who asks the simple question of "what do people need?"

these two books are some of the gentlest sci-fi i've ever read. if you're looking to scratch a solarpunk itch and cry about the nature of our existence, they're so, so good.
61808682.png 62036853.png
KwxLkEj.pngpZJYyk4.pngkCHWEjf.png
JMBy38q.pngEE2umbT.pngcv7JulL.png
Im currently reading "The Neverending Story" written by Michael Ende. I'm not very far into the story as yet, but so far so good! Its about a kid who gets sucked into a fantasy world inside of a book. There is also a movie adaptation, which i haven't watched as yet.
Im currently reading "The Neverending Story" written by Michael Ende. I'm not very far into the story as yet, but so far so good! Its about a kid who gets sucked into a fantasy world inside of a book. There is also a movie adaptation, which i haven't watched as yet.
1 2