Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 'Like'ing Dragons yes/no?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I like all my dragons even if I don't like the appearance of my hatchlings. I know in real life I would love every single one of the little buggers, no matter their color or genes, so they get a like. :)
I like all my dragons even if I don't like the appearance of my hatchlings. I know in real life I would love every single one of the little buggers, no matter their color or genes, so they get a like. :)
I don’t have it disabled, but nor do I engage in it. (only very rarely will I like someone else’s dragon, and usually it’ll be unprompted, like if I randomly stumble across it somewhere rather than it being linked in a thread.) I also try not to pay attention to my own dragons’ likes. This is because of severe anxiety and self-consciousness on my part, little more. For me, it’s hard not to compare everyone’s dergs to one’s own. But each of us consider our own dragons special in their unique way. What makes a dragon that’s - one way or another - amassed dozens of likes, versus another sitting in someone’s lair that has zero, ‘better’, just because it hasn’t been noticed or ‘liked’?
I don’t have it disabled, but nor do I engage in it. (only very rarely will I like someone else’s dragon, and usually it’ll be unprompted, like if I randomly stumble across it somewhere rather than it being linked in a thread.) I also try not to pay attention to my own dragons’ likes. This is because of severe anxiety and self-consciousness on my part, little more. For me, it’s hard not to compare everyone’s dergs to one’s own. But each of us consider our own dragons special in their unique way. What makes a dragon that’s - one way or another - amassed dozens of likes, versus another sitting in someone’s lair that has zero, ‘better’, just because it hasn’t been noticed or ‘liked’?
seeing the number go up gives me serotonin

like; yes!! other people like the dragon i spent a bunch of time/treasure/gems on!! yippee!!
seeing the number go up gives me serotonin

like; yes!! other people like the dragon i spent a bunch of time/treasure/gems on!! yippee!!
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
Numbers go up game gives me seretonin.
Numbers go up game gives me seretonin.
flygon.gifaggron.gifnidoking.gifgiratina-altered.gifmewtwo.gifblaziken-f.gif
I love liking dragons!! Whenever I see one pretty I star them
Is easier than writing in the bio of the player “Hey your dragon is awesome!!” XD
I love liking dragons!! Whenever I see one pretty I star them
Is easier than writing in the bio of the player “Hey your dragon is awesome!!” XD
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
I don't have it disabled but I don't actively interact with it either? Not really? Like I'll post my dragons in those "who has the most likes of your lair" type threads because I find it fascinating to see who gets what, especially since I enjoy mine all the same, but I don't go around actively seeking likes nor giving them out.

To me the Like system is for passively giving that dragon a pat, a thumbs up, a lil sticker that says "I think this particular dragon is exceptionally neat". I have anxiety with interacting with folks directly, so I like having this feature that lets me tell the user that I think their dragon is cool without me actually having to walk up to them and say it. Admittedly that does make those number go up and like4like threads in dragon share sort of ... cheapen... the feel to me, 'cause it's like... I'm just a number to you you don't actually care about my opinion. So I avoid those altogether.
I don't have it disabled but I don't actively interact with it either? Not really? Like I'll post my dragons in those "who has the most likes of your lair" type threads because I find it fascinating to see who gets what, especially since I enjoy mine all the same, but I don't go around actively seeking likes nor giving them out.

To me the Like system is for passively giving that dragon a pat, a thumbs up, a lil sticker that says "I think this particular dragon is exceptionally neat". I have anxiety with interacting with folks directly, so I like having this feature that lets me tell the user that I think their dragon is cool without me actually having to walk up to them and say it. Admittedly that does make those number go up and like4like threads in dragon share sort of ... cheapen... the feel to me, 'cause it's like... I'm just a number to you you don't actually care about my opinion. So I avoid those altogether.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Not a fan of the feature, I neither use it nor pay attention if someone likes my dragons.

Since hiding likes doesn't actually disable the feature, I keep it on. If I had the option to wipe existing likes from my dragons and/or actually disable the ability to like my dragons, I'd definitely do that.

I can see why people might prefer clicking a button over commenting; it does seem more convenient. But a comment feels so much more personal to me. And I like to know what it is people like about a dragon.
Not a fan of the feature, I neither use it nor pay attention if someone likes my dragons.

Since hiding likes doesn't actually disable the feature, I keep it on. If I had the option to wipe existing likes from my dragons and/or actually disable the ability to like my dragons, I'd definitely do that.

I can see why people might prefer clicking a button over commenting; it does seem more convenient. But a comment feels so much more personal to me. And I like to know what it is people like about a dragon.
kinda yes and no? i dont really care about it but seeing likes on my dragon feels good too.
kinda yes and no? i dont really care about it but seeing likes on my dragon feels good too.
ZcrsSbC.png
I like both giving and receiving likes because it feels like a little token of appreciation to say that either I liked another users dragon (maybe they have interesting lore or a creative outfit) or that another user liked something about one of my dragons (which is always nice to see ^^!)
I like both giving and receiving likes because it feels like a little token of appreciation to say that either I liked another users dragon (maybe they have interesting lore or a creative outfit) or that another user liked something about one of my dragons (which is always nice to see ^^!)
seGmw74.jpg
I like using it to let others know that their dragon is super cool without going out of my way to comment on a userpage. As for keeping my own on, I like seeing whoch dragons people think are appealing.
I like using it to let others know that their dragon is super cool without going out of my way to comment on a userpage. As for keeping my own on, I like seeing whoch dragons people think are appealing.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7