Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | People who buy common familiars: Why?
1 2 3
I collect Elk familiars, and if there's a good deal in the AH for an Elk, I'll buy it!
I collect Elk familiars, and if there's a good deal in the AH for an Elk, I'll buy it!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Filling out bestiary, mainly. I'm not gonna grind Coliseum Venues that are not going to help me level fodder. I'd rather just buy the stuff from these venues. I also at one time bought 30x familiars for 2g because I wanted to melt them and get Muck... Nowadays I just buy my Muck though, so I never melt familiars. [quote name="Seejey" date="2024-01-16 15:13:46" ] I'm the complete opposite. I have no idea of why ppl play the Coliseum for fams (or for anything, actually) when they could just buy most of them for cheap. [/quote] Coliseum is basically the only source of revenue of the game that isn't time-gated (well, that, and Auction House flipping, I guess). It's natural that a lot of people farm Coliseum to get said revenue. Usually that's mostly done by leveling fodder, but simply getting stuff that you won't need to buy yourself is already a way of making money. Not to mention that plenty of Coliseum stuff is actually fairly expensive. Like most stuff that is useful on Hibden, Swipp stuff, eggs, boss familiars, accents and the like.
Filling out bestiary, mainly. I'm not gonna grind Coliseum Venues that are not going to help me level fodder. I'd rather just buy the stuff from these venues.

I also at one time bought 30x familiars for 2g because I wanted to melt them and get Muck... Nowadays I just buy my Muck though, so I never melt familiars.
Seejey wrote on 2024-01-16 15:13:46:
I'm the complete opposite. I have no idea of why ppl play the Coliseum for fams (or for anything, actually) when they could just buy most of them for cheap.
Coliseum is basically the only source of revenue of the game that isn't time-gated (well, that, and Auction House flipping, I guess). It's natural that a lot of people farm Coliseum to get said revenue.

Usually that's mostly done by leveling fodder, but simply getting stuff that you won't need to buy yourself is already a way of making money.

Not to mention that plenty of Coliseum stuff is actually fairly expensive. Like most stuff that is useful on Hibden, Swipp stuff, eggs, boss familiars, accents and the like.
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
I mostly buy familiars for Crim.
Gets me a few kt for profit.
I mostly buy familiars for Crim.
Gets me a few kt for profit.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkjp6uBzk11qhigt0o1_400.gif[/img]
tumblr_lkjp6uBzk11qhigt0o1_400.gif
TOW2n3q.png
sometimes I automatically trade really common familiars to crim on accident (or think "oh I have a ton of these"), see the number in my bestiary decrease, go and check to see I'm missing the familiar I just traded away, and don't care enough to coli grind and get it back so I just buy the first listing on the AH [emoji=gaoler tongue size=1]
sometimes I automatically trade really common familiars to crim on accident (or think "oh I have a ton of these"), see the number in my bestiary decrease, go and check to see I'm missing the familiar I just traded away, and don't care enough to coli grind and get it back so I just buy the first listing on the AH
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
Baldwin
also, sometimes i accidentally melt one i needed and have to re-buy it (i like to have 1 of each fam)
Baldwin
also, sometimes i accidentally melt one i needed and have to re-buy it (i like to have 1 of each fam)
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
Def Baldwin's for me. It also helps to buy a bunch of the same in bulk, so I know exactly which ones are going to Baldwin's and which are for selling / bonding / etc.

I'd be surprised if anyone ever needed at least 10 Runescar Lynx's otherwise lol.
Def Baldwin's for me. It also helps to buy a bunch of the same in bulk, so I know exactly which ones are going to Baldwin's and which are for selling / bonding / etc.

I'd be surprised if anyone ever needed at least 10 Runescar Lynx's otherwise lol.
1 2 3