Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tweaks to User-Blocking?
1 2
Although I'm not 100% sure what Blocking a player does, other than blocking said user's forum posts from the blocker being able to read them, and also blockers/blockees cannot PM each other? I think?

In my opinion, I think the blocked person should also not be able to read posts from the person who has them blocked, as well.

If I want to block someone, it's because I don't want them to see ME more than I don't want to see THEM. After all, you can easily avoid someone you don't like, but that doesn't keep them from being able to look at your profile and posts, which is what I wouldn't blocked person seeing, personally.

Does that make sense?
Also if I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I just couldn't find anything outlining exactly what 'Blocking' entails.

In a nutshell;
-Blocked Users shouldn't be able to see the posts of the person blocking them.
-Also if the Blocked User couldn't see the person-blocking-them's profile info, that would be dandy too.

Also, if you DO know what Blocking someone does (all the effects of it) please let me know. I've always been curious, plus it's good to know.

Thought? Opinions? Addendums?
Thank you!
Although I'm not 100% sure what Blocking a player does, other than blocking said user's forum posts from the blocker being able to read them, and also blockers/blockees cannot PM each other? I think?

In my opinion, I think the blocked person should also not be able to read posts from the person who has them blocked, as well.

If I want to block someone, it's because I don't want them to see ME more than I don't want to see THEM. After all, you can easily avoid someone you don't like, but that doesn't keep them from being able to look at your profile and posts, which is what I wouldn't blocked person seeing, personally.

Does that make sense?
Also if I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I just couldn't find anything outlining exactly what 'Blocking' entails.

In a nutshell;
-Blocked Users shouldn't be able to see the posts of the person blocking them.
-Also if the Blocked User couldn't see the person-blocking-them's profile info, that would be dandy too.

Also, if you DO know what Blocking someone does (all the effects of it) please let me know. I've always been curious, plus it's good to know.

Thought? Opinions? Addendums?
Thank you!
I'm definitely bothered by the fact that blocking a person still shows their profile to the left and only omits the post. 8( I would like for it to be removed entirely.
I'm definitely bothered by the fact that blocking a person still shows their profile to the left and only omits the post. 8( I would like for it to be removed entirely.
I...don't see the point in this. If that person can't contact me, then that is the entire point. I really don't care if they can see my posts or profile. I think this idea is superfluious. (and pardon me if I mangled the spelling there.)
I...don't see the point in this. If that person can't contact me, then that is the entire point. I really don't care if they can see my posts or profile. I think this idea is superfluious. (and pardon me if I mangled the spelling there.)
knhLXgs.png
I want it so a blocked individual can't see my profile. I was on dA and was cyberbullied there. So I blocked the guy. That should have ended it. It didn't. He went to my profile and found the links to my favorite images, friends, and comments, and started commenting on their profiles and images to get to me. So if I want to block someone, I want them to have no access to me or anything I do (I know this has been brought up in the context of buying/selling from blocked users, which I also support).
I want it so a blocked individual can't see my profile. I was on dA and was cyberbullied there. So I blocked the guy. That should have ended it. It didn't. He went to my profile and found the links to my favorite images, friends, and comments, and started commenting on their profiles and images to get to me. So if I want to block someone, I want them to have no access to me or anything I do (I know this has been brought up in the context of buying/selling from blocked users, which I also support).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
This is definitely a good idea.

Even if someone doesn't care whether or not a blocked person can see their profile, other people do.

If you block someone and they can still see your posts and clan profile, they can see all your dragons, your activity, and your friends. And I don't know about anyone else, but if I block someone, it means I don't want to associate with them and I don't want them to associate with me.

Support~
This is definitely a good idea.

Even if someone doesn't care whether or not a blocked person can see their profile, other people do.

If you block someone and they can still see your posts and clan profile, they can see all your dragons, your activity, and your friends. And I don't know about anyone else, but if I block someone, it means I don't want to associate with them and I don't want them to associate with me.

Support~
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
@Div3rge superfluous (only one letter off; you're very close!)
I can understand that if you've never had an issue, you wouldn't see the need in at, but as myself and @gemajgall pointed out, someone being able to read your post/info still allows them to read about YOU and what you're doing, which allows them to find new and interesting ways to 'harass' (for lack of a better term, since harassment is already banned by ToS).
If you had an issue with someone and blocked them, they could still look at your profile, see your active threads, and not only read them, but respond as well, and the only person being blocked in the issue would be YOU, since you couldn't read what they were saying, but they can read everything you're saying/doing.

As for buying/selling, that doesn't mean a lot to me. Who I get my money from; I don't care. And if there's someone I don't want to buy from, I simply don't buy from them. For me, that is much less of an issue.
Even if I didn't want to sell to someone, they could always get someone to buy said product for them, so that would be something very easy to navigate around.

(And yes, in the same hand, they could get someone to copy/read your posts for them, but I think that requires a whole different level of shame/dedication for someone to go through such lengths)
@Div3rge superfluous (only one letter off; you're very close!)
I can understand that if you've never had an issue, you wouldn't see the need in at, but as myself and @gemajgall pointed out, someone being able to read your post/info still allows them to read about YOU and what you're doing, which allows them to find new and interesting ways to 'harass' (for lack of a better term, since harassment is already banned by ToS).
If you had an issue with someone and blocked them, they could still look at your profile, see your active threads, and not only read them, but respond as well, and the only person being blocked in the issue would be YOU, since you couldn't read what they were saying, but they can read everything you're saying/doing.

As for buying/selling, that doesn't mean a lot to me. Who I get my money from; I don't care. And if there's someone I don't want to buy from, I simply don't buy from them. For me, that is much less of an issue.
Even if I didn't want to sell to someone, they could always get someone to buy said product for them, so that would be something very easy to navigate around.

(And yes, in the same hand, they could get someone to copy/read your posts for them, but I think that requires a whole different level of shame/dedication for someone to go through such lengths)
@Oszs

Haha, see, I r smarticles!

XD

Okay, I can understand that to a point now.

I also agree about buyng/selling- so long as I get money, I don't care. And if they give my dragon a 'harrassing' name, I also...really don't care. But I'm pretty hard to legit offend so.
@Oszs

Haha, see, I r smarticles!

XD

Okay, I can understand that to a point now.

I also agree about buyng/selling- so long as I get money, I don't care. And if they give my dragon a 'harrassing' name, I also...really don't care. But I'm pretty hard to legit offend so.
knhLXgs.png
I didn't realise that that was how blocking worked- it seems a bit... backwards. I definitely support this. I always felt that blocking someone was stopping THEM from seeing YOU.
I didn't realise that that was how blocking worked- it seems a bit... backwards. I definitely support this. I always felt that blocking someone was stopping THEM from seeing YOU.
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
It's interesting how FR is one of the first sites I've seen that makes it so you can't see their stuff. I wish every website could do this.

But yeah, I support.
It's interesting how FR is one of the first sites I've seen that makes it so you can't see their stuff. I wish every website could do this.

But yeah, I support.
Support.

I think that maybe if you block someone, it should kinda be like facebook, maybe make it so that people can no longer see you at all. Even if they click on your dragon (Say if they bought a baby you sold) it would come up as a 404 or something.

(idk if i can mention facebook.. sorry ahead of time if I'm not supposed too) but they have a good blocking measure. I wish all sites worked that way with blocking.
Support.

I think that maybe if you block someone, it should kinda be like facebook, maybe make it so that people can no longer see you at all. Even if they click on your dragon (Say if they bought a baby you sold) it would come up as a 404 or something.

(idk if i can mention facebook.. sorry ahead of time if I'm not supposed too) but they have a good blocking measure. I wish all sites worked that way with blocking.
tumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.gif We’re gonna get content ID’d because you’re too perfect.
By Dan Avidan
1 2