Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Raffling of Other Locked KS Items
1 2
With the devs confirming that the Gilded Crown that went to a now-locked account last week will be re-raffled at a later date, I'm curious if that opens the possibility for other KS items in locked accounts to be re-raffled as well.
With the devs confirming that the Gilded Crown that went to a now-locked account last week will be re-raffled at a later date, I'm curious if that opens the possibility for other KS items in locked accounts to be re-raffled as well.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
I would imagine not necessarily. From what I've been able to understand, the winner never even got to claim the prize.
I would imagine not necessarily. From what I've been able to understand, the winner never even got to claim the prize.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
Honestly I wouldn't mind it. I mean, the items are just sitting around rotting away since the accs are never gonna be recovered. CS does the same kinda thing with pets when people get banned with their pets and items going to the pound.
Honestly I wouldn't mind it. I mean, the items are just sitting around rotting away since the accs are never gonna be recovered. CS does the same kinda thing with pets when people get banned with their pets and items going to the pound.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
I can't imagine so, this was a very unique case because the user got like pretty much banned the moment they won and thus never claimed the prize to begin with to my knowledge. It never really left staff custody truly.
I can't imagine so, this was a very unique case because the user got like pretty much banned the moment they won and thus never claimed the prize to begin with to my knowledge. It never really left staff custody truly.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I'd say absolutely not, because every ban is it's own special case. Users have been unbanned before, and it would suck to be banned, have your items raffled off, and then appeal only to come back to your valuables gone. I've heard of other ban cases asking for their items to get donated but denied, so its pretty unique to this situation and i'm glad staff went this direction for this one!

I think if they really wanted to, for locked accounts with items that can be donated, they would need to confirm it with the user in support if they agree the ban isn't appealable and want it to be donated, as long as the item didn't have direct involvement with the ban?
I'd say absolutely not, because every ban is it's own special case. Users have been unbanned before, and it would suck to be banned, have your items raffled off, and then appeal only to come back to your valuables gone. I've heard of other ban cases asking for their items to get donated but denied, so its pretty unique to this situation and i'm glad staff went this direction for this one!

I think if they really wanted to, for locked accounts with items that can be donated, they would need to confirm it with the user in support if they agree the ban isn't appealable and want it to be donated, as long as the item didn't have direct involvement with the ban?
I don't think the devs will do this any time soon, but I certainly wouldn't mind if they did!

Like, there's a big difference between a dead/abandoned account and a locked one.

It pops up in Suggestions periodically to basically loot dead accounts, and that's never going to happen. It's sad to see valuable items or pretty dragons sit around collecting dust, but there's no reason the player can't come back someday and pick up where they left off. Meanwhile, locked accounts are pretty concretely locked- the devs know which ones can't be contested/appealed. I just don't see any harm in redistributing retired goodies through Roundsey, but I'm open to the discussion :o
I don't think the devs will do this any time soon, but I certainly wouldn't mind if they did!

Like, there's a big difference between a dead/abandoned account and a locked one.

It pops up in Suggestions periodically to basically loot dead accounts, and that's never going to happen. It's sad to see valuable items or pretty dragons sit around collecting dust, but there's no reason the player can't come back someday and pick up where they left off. Meanwhile, locked accounts are pretty concretely locked- the devs know which ones can't be contested/appealed. I just don't see any harm in redistributing retired goodies through Roundsey, but I'm open to the discussion :o
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Devs have stated and confirmed multiple times that KS items only ever get raffled if someone they know or they themselves donate an existent one; they don't take them from 'dead' accounts (including banned ones) and they don't make new ones. The reasoning is because part of the agreement in the KS was that the items WOULD be limited, and making more later on for the raffle goes back on that. It's one of the well known hard rules they have about making items and also why the Imperial Scroll dupe glitch from many years back caused such a large issue and got several people banned and dragons reverted. Was a nightmare.
Devs have stated and confirmed multiple times that KS items only ever get raffled if someone they know or they themselves donate an existent one; they don't take them from 'dead' accounts (including banned ones) and they don't make new ones. The reasoning is because part of the agreement in the KS was that the items WOULD be limited, and making more later on for the raffle goes back on that. It's one of the well known hard rules they have about making items and also why the Imperial Scroll dupe glitch from many years back caused such a large issue and got several people banned and dragons reverted. Was a nightmare.
iiaMf9J.png
Staff explicitly raffles off KS items that were donations from users affiliated with them— this situation being a rare exception where, like Recallback said, the prize never really left staff's custody.

I would assume that, to involve locked accounts, it would involve the explicit permission of the account's owner. But, since that would involve a user who either broke the rules enough to be banned entirely, or has moved on to a new account after their old one's closure, that would be difficult to tackle unless the user approached them first. Tracking down a player who left seems ill-advised, and reaching out to a player who got their account closed might be kind of... rubbing salt in the wound. Extortionate, almost. And doing it without any permission at all seems worse.
Staff explicitly raffles off KS items that were donations from users affiliated with them— this situation being a rare exception where, like Recallback said, the prize never really left staff's custody.

I would assume that, to involve locked accounts, it would involve the explicit permission of the account's owner. But, since that would involve a user who either broke the rules enough to be banned entirely, or has moved on to a new account after their old one's closure, that would be difficult to tackle unless the user approached them first. Tracking down a player who left seems ill-advised, and reaching out to a player who got their account closed might be kind of... rubbing salt in the wound. Extortionate, almost. And doing it without any permission at all seems worse.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
From what I understand, whoever won didn't even have the chance to claim it. Plus, I don't think they have the ability to give/take items from accounts... If anything, they're just going to be more than the original 99 that exist.

Some people might come back, some people might not. A few more KS items on the market realistically aren't going to change anything.
From what I understand, whoever won didn't even have the chance to claim it. Plus, I don't think they have the ability to give/take items from accounts... If anything, they're just going to be more than the original 99 that exist.

Some people might come back, some people might not. A few more KS items on the market realistically aren't going to change anything.
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
This was less a case of an item being taken from a banned account, then an account getting dq’d from the contest and banned.
This was less a case of an item being taken from a banned account, then an account getting dq’d from the contest and banned.
“blaireau’s
1 2