Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | (D3) Method To Madness Discussion
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41
[quote name="@winterprism" date="2024-01-12 18:03:06" ] Ok, so with so little time left heres my concern with thetower. I am concerned that someone might be lying or not being entirely truthful about their abilities, or not fessing up to an ability to [b]not just role block but also silence[/b]. In the last game I played there were actions that [b]made it that a player COULDN'T post for a cycle... thetower HAS been online, they posted on another thread[/b]. In the flavor clues, the thumping noise has always stood out to me as someone falling or being knocked out or something. [b]So my theory/concern is that they were knocked out which led to them not being able to post for a cycle.[/b] IF that is the case, and someone knocked them out, perhaps it was a maf kill attempt that was altered to a fail roll in which case, who was that. It could also mean that thetower was attempting a kill or did some action in which someone's passive or roleblock knocked him out..[/quote] [quote name="@Leremis" date="2024-01-12 18:11:10" ] I've been mulling over the possibility of a silencing ability as well. They posted decently often up until D2 so I'm not feeling entirely comfy voting for them. [/quote] I can see the logic behind this, but something is bothering me. Mainly that silencing is almost universally a scum ability (in my experience), which holds some pretty dire implications against Luftschloss if I'm understanding you correctly. So then, why theTower? They weren't the most contributory in D1? I guess it could be setting up for a miselim, but that's a risky gambit when it involves outing your role??
@winterprism wrote on 2024-01-12 18:03:06:
Ok, so with so little time left heres my concern with thetower. I am concerned that someone might be lying or not being entirely truthful about their abilities, or not fessing up to an ability to not just role block but also silence. In the last game I played there were actions that made it that a player COULDN'T post for a cycle... thetower HAS been online, they posted on another thread. In the flavor clues, the thumping noise has always stood out to me as someone falling or being knocked out or something. So my theory/concern is that they were knocked out which led to them not being able to post for a cycle. IF that is the case, and someone knocked them out, perhaps it was a maf kill attempt that was altered to a fail roll in which case, who was that. It could also mean that thetower was attempting a kill or did some action in which someone's passive or roleblock knocked him out..
@Leremis wrote on 2024-01-12 18:11:10:
I've been mulling over the possibility of a silencing ability as well. They posted decently often up until D2 so I'm not feeling entirely comfy voting for them.

I can see the logic behind this, but something is bothering me. Mainly that silencing is almost universally a scum ability (in my experience), which holds some pretty dire implications against Luftschloss if I'm understanding you correctly.

So then, why theTower? They weren't the most contributory in D1? I guess it could be setting up for a miselim, but that's a risky gambit when it involves outing your role??
jvTgQEX.png
d1 elims, I am kind of neutral with a lean towards not voting. but d2 is kind of another story. I hate voting for someone who might be silenced but thetower is the best candidate, at this point.

As for the flavor clues/actual post substance. My take/style on that is to try and use both, to the best of my abilities. Of course, that might change over time and experience but that's how I'm trying to do/decide things, at this point in time.
d1 elims, I am kind of neutral with a lean towards not voting. but d2 is kind of another story. I hate voting for someone who might be silenced but thetower is the best candidate, at this point.

As for the flavor clues/actual post substance. My take/style on that is to try and use both, to the best of my abilities. Of course, that might change over time and experience but that's how I'm trying to do/decide things, at this point in time.
For 'favorite dragon' forum games, feel free to choose from hibden as well.
Lore dragons at front of lair.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` winterprism*´¨)
The thread is going way too fast for my pea brain to comprehend, but let me attempt to garner a pile of ThoughtsTM

1. I don't think Luftschloss is lying, and though I do find it a bit strange we have so many roleblockers this game, I'm inclined to believe them and townlean them because they've made so many moves at this point that just seem, quoting Leremis, "ballsy **"
  2. I find it interesting that harvest straight up told us their wincon and the potato mechanics.
    As a result, I don't think anyone would particularly want to visit harvest from this point on lest they get a potato and have a chance at dying.
    So unless you somehow gave out three potatoes already (unlikely to nigh impossible), I'm wondering why you openly stated all of this, @autumnseas, because it doesn't seem to do any favors for your 3P wincon
  3. On the topic of thetowers, I think I'm going to be voting for him today, mostly because he's the strongest sus so far from my POV, and they haven't said a word. Although this could be a silencing ability, I'm not too willing to bet on it and retract a vote because of it, but it could be something to keep in mind :thinking:
    Although I don't feel particularly sure of what I'm doing, I'm still going to be placing a vote on thetowers because I don't see a better candidate with the time we have left

Off to cook dinner XP
The thread is going way too fast for my pea brain to comprehend, but let me attempt to garner a pile of ThoughtsTM

1. I don't think Luftschloss is lying, and though I do find it a bit strange we have so many roleblockers this game, I'm inclined to believe them and townlean them because they've made so many moves at this point that just seem, quoting Leremis, "ballsy **"
  2. I find it interesting that harvest straight up told us their wincon and the potato mechanics.
    As a result, I don't think anyone would particularly want to visit harvest from this point on lest they get a potato and have a chance at dying.
    So unless you somehow gave out three potatoes already (unlikely to nigh impossible), I'm wondering why you openly stated all of this, @autumnseas, because it doesn't seem to do any favors for your 3P wincon
  3. On the topic of thetowers, I think I'm going to be voting for him today, mostly because he's the strongest sus so far from my POV, and they haven't said a word. Although this could be a silencing ability, I'm not too willing to bet on it and retract a vote because of it, but it could be something to keep in mind :thinking:
    Although I don't feel particularly sure of what I'm doing, I'm still going to be placing a vote on thetowers because I don't see a better candidate with the time we have left

Off to cook dinner XP
tytration
IiB6UPk.gif..
....> avatar dragon ....> wishlist
....> FR time +0
....> pings are okay

"I want to go home and rethink my life."

..C8zcf5R.gif
[quote name="@Ambrose" date="2024-01-12 18:10:55" ] [quote name="ArtMajor" date="2024-01-12 17:54:11" ] It's more like, I'm inclined to believe they're townie / at least town aligned / wanting to be helpful as a 3p, but we dont have a way to prove that so like...I'm still going to try and read Luft the way I normally read people, to see if everything else lines up and this just isnt a bold "maf getting us to miselim an easy target" move. Wow my re-wording is even wordier i think ok let me try again Luft has made a claim that frankly, without Tower's presence, [b]we have no way to prove[/b]. Now, if tower comes back and is able to prove that no their action went through last night, frankly, that's a huge risk i dont think would be made. But since tower has not made his presence known like...at all today, it is still something I'm trying to keep in mind. Without the alignment flip, we have no way of knowing what roleblocking tower did, unless it's made blatantly clear by their character's title (again, smth like ultimate serial killer would make it uhm...yeah no there's no arguing what tht did). So I'm not going to give Luft a free townread for this. Ok im bad at shortening explanations hopefully either of those made sense [/quote] Okay, I do think I understand it better now. I also went through your older posts and they also ping me off, but there's nothing substantial that I can truly lay out, so I'm starting to think I just dont like your vibes. (/hj) [/quote] I mean to be fair to you i did jump into this game directly after learning my travel plans would have to be sped up by a day so like, ive been in pure adrenaline mode and ive finally gotten the chance to calm down off of it lmao I do intend to put together a readlist overnight, kinda figure out where im standing with the rest of the thread as opposed to the major goings on that happened today, I just do not have the physical time or energy to do it tonight w h e e z e
@Ambrose wrote on 2024-01-12 18:10:55:
ArtMajor wrote on 2024-01-12 17:54:11:
It's more like, I'm inclined to believe they're townie / at least town aligned / wanting to be helpful as a 3p, but we dont have a way to prove that so like...I'm still going to try and read Luft the way I normally read people, to see if everything else lines up and this just isnt a bold "maf getting us to miselim an easy target" move.

Wow my re-wording is even wordier i think ok let me try again

Luft has made a claim that frankly, without Tower's presence, we have no way to prove. Now, if tower comes back and is able to prove that no their action went through last night, frankly, that's a huge risk i dont think would be made. But since tower has not made his presence known like...at all today, it is still something I'm trying to keep in mind. Without the alignment flip, we have no way of knowing what roleblocking tower did, unless it's made blatantly clear by their character's title (again, smth like ultimate serial killer would make it uhm...yeah no there's no arguing what tht did). So I'm not going to give Luft a free townread for this.

Ok im bad at shortening explanations hopefully either of those made sense

Okay, I do think I understand it better now. I also went through your older posts and they also ping me off, but there's nothing substantial that I can truly lay out, so I'm starting to think I just dont like your vibes. (/hj)

I mean to be fair to you i did jump into this game directly after learning my travel plans would have to be sped up by a day so like, ive been in pure adrenaline mode and ive finally gotten the chance to calm down off of it lmao

I do intend to put together a readlist overnight, kinda figure out where im standing with the rest of the thread as opposed to the major goings on that happened today, I just do not have the physical time or energy to do it tonight w h e e z e
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
[quote name="Ambrose" date="2024-01-12 18:28:42" ] [quote name="@winterprism" date="2024-01-12 18:03:06" ] Ok, so with so little time left heres my concern with thetower. I am concerned that someone might be lying or not being entirely truthful about their abilities, or not fessing up to an ability to [b]not just role block but also silence[/b]. In the last game I played there were actions that [b]made it that a player COULDN'T post for a cycle... thetower HAS been online, they posted on another thread[/b]. In the flavor clues, the thumping noise has always stood out to me as someone falling or being knocked out or something. [b]So my theory/concern is that they were knocked out which led to them not being able to post for a cycle.[/b] IF that is the case, and someone knocked them out, perhaps it was a maf kill attempt that was altered to a fail roll in which case, who was that. It could also mean that thetower was attempting a kill or did some action in which someone's passive or roleblock knocked him out..[/quote] [quote name="@Leremis" date="2024-01-12 18:11:10" ] I've been mulling over the possibility of a silencing ability as well. They posted decently often up until D2 so I'm not feeling entirely comfy voting for them. [/quote] I can see the logic behind this, but something is bothering me. Mainly that silencing is almost universally a scum ability (in my experience), which holds some pretty dire implications against Luftschloss if I'm understanding you correctly. So then, why theTower? They weren't the most contributory in D1? I guess it could be setting up for a miselim, but that's a risky gambit when it involves outing your role?? [/quote] That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. But that begs the question, why fess up to what the role blocking ability was (musical distraction) if your scum. Perhaps the fact that nobody really considered the fact that thetower's absence could be a silencing thing? Hmmm OR the silencing thing might not even be a thing.. If thetower was silenced and is voted out, would the fact that they were silenced be known or would he have to claim he was silenced, in which he'd have to be alive for? I don't quite remember how that worked in the last game, or even if it is an overall game rule (so to speak)
Ambrose wrote on 2024-01-12 18:28:42:
@winterprism wrote on 2024-01-12 18:03:06:
Ok, so with so little time left heres my concern with thetower. I am concerned that someone might be lying or not being entirely truthful about their abilities, or not fessing up to an ability to not just role block but also silence. In the last game I played there were actions that made it that a player COULDN'T post for a cycle... thetower HAS been online, they posted on another thread. In the flavor clues, the thumping noise has always stood out to me as someone falling or being knocked out or something. So my theory/concern is that they were knocked out which led to them not being able to post for a cycle. IF that is the case, and someone knocked them out, perhaps it was a maf kill attempt that was altered to a fail roll in which case, who was that. It could also mean that thetower was attempting a kill or did some action in which someone's passive or roleblock knocked him out..
@Leremis wrote on 2024-01-12 18:11:10:
I've been mulling over the possibility of a silencing ability as well. They posted decently often up until D2 so I'm not feeling entirely comfy voting for them.

I can see the logic behind this, but something is bothering me. Mainly that silencing is almost universally a scum ability (in my experience), which holds some pretty dire implications against Luftschloss if I'm understanding you correctly.

So then, why theTower? They weren't the most contributory in D1? I guess it could be setting up for a miselim, but that's a risky gambit when it involves outing your role??

That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. But that begs the question, why fess up to what the role blocking ability was (musical distraction) if your scum. Perhaps the fact that nobody really considered the fact that thetower's absence could be a silencing thing? Hmmm OR the silencing thing might not even be a thing.. If thetower was silenced and is voted out, would the fact that they were silenced be known or would he have to claim he was silenced, in which he'd have to be alive for? I don't quite remember how that worked in the last game, or even if it is an overall game rule (so to speak)

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
I, too, agree that there is not a better candidate at this point. I am going to be voting for thetowers. I hope their roleflip proves useful and I am so sorry to them if they were town and silenced. If that IS the case though, I'll be keeping an eye on luftsch...
I, too, agree that there is not a better candidate at this point. I am going to be voting for thetowers. I hope their roleflip proves useful and I am so sorry to them if they were town and silenced. If that IS the case though, I'll be keeping an eye on luftsch...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
[quote name="@winterprism" date="2024-01-12 18:37:10" ] That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. But that begs the question, why fess up to what the role blocking ability was (musical distraction) if your scum. Perhaps the fact that nobody really considered the fact that thetower's absence could be a silencing thing? Hmmm OR the silencing thing might not even be a thing.. If thetower was silenced and is voted out, would the fact that they were silenced be known or would he have to claim he was silenced, in which he'd have to be alive for? I don't quite remember how that worked in the last game, or even if it is an overall game rule (so to speak) [/quote] Thats what doesnt make sense to me too (roleclaim). I feel like its a pretty risky move. idk. im keeping my vote parked.
@winterprism wrote on 2024-01-12 18:37:10:
That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. But that begs the question, why fess up to what the role blocking ability was (musical distraction) if your scum. Perhaps the fact that nobody really considered the fact that thetower's absence could be a silencing thing? Hmmm OR the silencing thing might not even be a thing.. If thetower was silenced and is voted out, would the fact that they were silenced be known or would he have to claim he was silenced, in which he'd have to be alive for? I don't quite remember how that worked in the last game, or even if it is an overall game rule (so to speak)

Thats what doesnt make sense to me too (roleclaim). I feel like its a pretty risky move. idk. im keeping my vote parked.
jvTgQEX.png
i fear i may have to don one of these lest i go mad before the day is out [img]https://i.gyazo.com/c06e2cb50022730b4099c8a6bf29c629.png[/img]
i fear i may have to don one of these lest i go mad before the day is out

c06e2cb50022730b4099c8a6bf29c629.png
jvTgQEX.png
[quote name="Ambrose" date="2024-01-12 18:47:14" ] i fear i may have to don one of these lest i go mad before the day is out [/quote] *tears up* True fashion
Ambrose wrote on 2024-01-12 18:47:14:
i fear i may have to don one of these lest i go mad before the day is out

*tears up* True fashion
tytration
IiB6UPk.gif..
....> avatar dragon ....> wishlist
....> FR time +0
....> pings are okay

"I want to go home and rethink my life."

..C8zcf5R.gif
My head is swimming from work today. A lot of claims in the thread here today and I need some more time to absorb it all and get my red web going to keep everything straight.

I'm gonna stick around for the results and then get some sleep so that I can tackle a fresh reads list during the night phase. I'll be a little busy with a photoshoot in the morning but I'll get it done.
My head is swimming from work today. A lot of claims in the thread here today and I need some more time to absorb it all and get my red web going to keep everything straight.

I'm gonna stick around for the results and then get some sleep so that I can tackle a fresh reads list during the night phase. I'll be a little busy with a photoshoot in the morning but I'll get it done.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41