Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Split Breed Changes from Genes
I want to suggest splitting breed changes from genes in the marketplace. There are SO MANY genes now that you end up waiting DAYS to catch a breed change in the marketplace. You could give breed changes their own tab, or just move them into the Specialty category with the eye vials, but please do something to make them populate more often.
I want to suggest splitting breed changes from genes in the marketplace. There are SO MANY genes now that you end up waiting DAYS to catch a breed change in the marketplace. You could give breed changes their own tab, or just move them into the Specialty category with the eye vials, but please do something to make them populate more often.
Just making this for the achievement. You can call me "Ban"
No support. All this splitting are just short time Band-Aids. Soon every cathegories enlage again and what? Split each again?

More then that why breed change should be favored against other same porpose items?

Market bloating should be fixed in core.

My view of best way - gene placeholders. (Thus all parallels will be replaced with only 1 item. And thus every scroll will has reasonable time to pop up)
No support. All this splitting are just short time Band-Aids. Soon every cathegories enlage again and what? Split each again?

More then that why breed change should be favored against other same porpose items?

Market bloating should be fixed in core.

My view of best way - gene placeholders. (Thus all parallels will be replaced with only 1 item. And thus every scroll will has reasonable time to pop up)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
No support for taking them out of the category but I can support getting more items each refresh (not the quantity, but the variety), no "empty" refreshes, rarer cleanouts of the shop (e.g. every 6 hours instead of 2) or something like that, to make it easier to pick the item you need in such a large pool. It's not only the breed change problem, after all.

I spent a few days randomly monitoring the MP during NoN, needed quite a few items. Ended up buying PC scroll from AH because I got tired of waiting, and it took me days to get Ribbon too, so I do support something to fix the issue of availability. It's not ok to have to rely on resellers, especially considering that some genes are not popular, so resellers don't bother with them. Like, I just checked the AH, there are no Veilspun Crackle listings on it at all, and there are quite a lot of genes that only have 2-4 listings, so if they expire and aren't relisted promptly...

The apparel section is bloated as well, and if you need something specific - well, good luck.
No support for taking them out of the category but I can support getting more items each refresh (not the quantity, but the variety), no "empty" refreshes, rarer cleanouts of the shop (e.g. every 6 hours instead of 2) or something like that, to make it easier to pick the item you need in such a large pool. It's not only the breed change problem, after all.

I spent a few days randomly monitoring the MP during NoN, needed quite a few items. Ended up buying PC scroll from AH because I got tired of waiting, and it took me days to get Ribbon too, so I do support something to fix the issue of availability. It's not ok to have to rely on resellers, especially considering that some genes are not popular, so resellers don't bother with them. Like, I just checked the AH, there are no Veilspun Crackle listings on it at all, and there are quite a lot of genes that only have 2-4 listings, so if they expire and aren't relisted promptly...

The apparel section is bloated as well, and if you need something specific - well, good luck.
[quote name="Valemora" date="2024-01-10 14:13:11" ] No support for taking them out of the category but I can support getting more items each refresh (not the quantity, but the variety), no "empty" refreshes, rarer cleanouts of the shop (e.g. every 6 hours instead of 2) or something like that, to make it easier to pick the item you need in such a large pool. It's not only the breed change problem, after all. I spent a few days randomly monitoring the MP during NoN, needed quite a few items. Ended up buying PC scroll from AH because I got tired of waiting, and it took me days to get Ribbon too, so I do support something to fix the issue of availability. It's not ok to have to rely on resellers, especially considering that some genes are not popular, so resellers don't bother with them. Like, I just checked the AH, there are no Veilspun Crackle listings on it at all, and there are quite a lot of genes that only have 2-4 listings, so if they expire and aren't relisted promptly... The apparel section is bloated as well, and if you need something specific - well, good luck. [/quote] yeah, this. there are more genes for specific ancient than for moderns, and I need modern genes more than any ancient one. it is annoying (esp when new ancient drops... yeah you are not getting your modern gene for weeks if you want it from MP). I never have issue with breed scrolls but I need to buy genes more than breed scrolls anyway it would be nice if there would be bigger time for MP items to stay in. I offten forget to check and I anyway have small list of stuff I need
Valemora wrote on 2024-01-10 14:13:11:

yeah, this. there are more genes for specific ancient than for moderns, and I need modern genes more than any ancient one. it is annoying (esp when new ancient drops... yeah you are not getting your modern gene for weeks if you want it from MP). I never have issue with breed scrolls but I need to buy genes more than breed scrolls anyway

it would be nice if there would be bigger time for MP items to stay in. I offten forget to check and I anyway have small list of stuff I need
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
No support for the original suggestion as it's a bad solution. But there's certainly a need for change.

As a potential different idea- what if all variants of a gene would stock at once? So if Lionfish is chosen to stock, all 6 different scrolls would stock at once. They could also be grouped together in some way, I think of something similar to how the Virtual Stacks in the hoard lead to their own page, if we were to discuss managing visual clutter with this idea.
No support for the original suggestion as it's a bad solution. But there's certainly a need for change.

As a potential different idea- what if all variants of a gene would stock at once? So if Lionfish is chosen to stock, all 6 different scrolls would stock at once. They could also be grouped together in some way, I think of something similar to how the Virtual Stacks in the hoard lead to their own page, if we were to discuss managing visual clutter with this idea.
Support for putting the breed change scrolls back in the specialty category, actually. The genes section is indeed super cluttered and moving breed change scrolls out would at least lower the RNG pool to restock either.
Support for putting the breed change scrolls back in the specialty category, actually. The genes section is indeed super cluttered and moving breed change scrolls out would at least lower the RNG pool to restock either.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
[quote name="Ais" date="2024-01-11 06:41:46" ] No support for the original suggestion as it's a bad solution. But there's certainly a need for change. As a potential different idea- what if all variants of a gene would stock at once? So if Lionfish is chosen to stock, all 6 different scrolls would stock at once. They could also be grouped together in some way, I think of something similar to how the Virtual Stacks in the hoard lead to their own page, if we were to discuss managing visual clutter with this idea. [/quote] I actually really like this idea. I think part of what drives frustration with the MP genes is when the "wrong version" stocks--I've certainly never been mad that, idk, Clown or something has stocked when I'm not looking for it, but when the Bane version of something stocks when I'm looking for Modern, that's annoying. It would also cut down on some of the bloat, as the store would essentially count every ancient/modern gene of the same pattern as the "same item."
Ais wrote on 2024-01-11 06:41:46:

I actually really like this idea. I think part of what drives frustration with the MP genes is when the "wrong version" stocks--I've certainly never been mad that, idk, Clown or something has stocked when I'm not looking for it, but when the Bane version of something stocks when I'm looking for Modern, that's annoying. It would also cut down on some of the bloat, as the store would essentially count every ancient/modern gene of the same pattern as the "same item."
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
I don't think moving them to specialties would really do anything? Having had to sit there waiting for a certain eye vial to finally show itself in much the same situation as a gene, it sort of feels like it'd be more of the same sort of nonsense that'd just get worse as more breeds are added.

I don't know how the mp chooses what it does, but I would support a possible re-work to the rng on refreshes. I also kinda like the idea of all possible versions of a specific gene showing up if it picks one of them. That way folks can just use the filter system for whatever breed they're looking for if that's too many things in there at once.
I don't think moving them to specialties would really do anything? Having had to sit there waiting for a certain eye vial to finally show itself in much the same situation as a gene, it sort of feels like it'd be more of the same sort of nonsense that'd just get worse as more breeds are added.

I don't know how the mp chooses what it does, but I would support a possible re-work to the rng on refreshes. I also kinda like the idea of all possible versions of a specific gene showing up if it picks one of them. That way folks can just use the filter system for whatever breed they're looking for if that's too many things in there at once.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose