Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Arena Pinkerlocke (probs writing heavy)
I’m finally doing this oh well

(I know I’m technically in Arcane, but Fire makes more sense as a location for this.)

In the Ashfall Waste, near the border with the Windswept Plateau, the city of Above juts out on the top of a dark cliff face, its dark silhouette contrasting with the pale dawn sky, shrouded in a haze of firesmoke.
If we look closer, one building especially catches our eye. It is huge, looming over most of the city and rivaled only by what looks to be a palace.
But, this building looks like the palace’s exact opposite. Let’s take a closer look.
It almost has no windows, its walls are made of a dark stone, weathered by the ages. The one gate there is is dark and unwelcoming, made of steel bars and sharp spikes.
From inside, the echoes of roars and pained cries reach our ears. A fiery orange glow casts huge and terrifying shadows on the walls of the curved hallways of the building. Shadows of dragons, and… something else.
We walk past a heavy and reinforced door, and a blood-curdling scream comes from the other side, followed by vicious laughter.
But you need not listen to that, there’s plenty of fun ahead.
As we walk past other doors and staircases which end in darkness, we finally reach what this building is intended for: the main attraction.
The sound of swords clanging and claws scraping and dragons roaring almost deafens us, as it echoes off the curved walls that maybe resemble a theater of some sort, until we finally look down from our platform and forget the resemblance.
On the sandy ground between the three-quarter circle of seats, a team of two dragons are fighting with three harpies. Or at least it looks like there’s only two dragons, until you see the third: collapsed on his side, heavily bleeding from a wound in his chest. The other two, a Mirror and a Spiral, barely recognizable, are bleeding as well: from various scratches on their legs and neck, and one of the Spiral’s ears is missing.
“What is this place?” you say with disgust, but I’m not listening.
It’s my place, I think with a wicked grin as I spread my wings and turn to you ceremoniously, my large shadow cast on the wall.
“Welcome to the Arena!” I say, and as my words boom through the gigantic space and disappear through the metal net-ceiling into the night, you flinch back. From the shadows, two guards jump out and seize you, with their sharp spears pointed at your throat.
“Now, now, don’t leave yet, think of the amazing time we could have together! Let the old Ringleader have a bit of fun, don’t you think?”
With a flick of my tail, I signal to the guards. Their grip tightens, and they carry you off, to one of the staircases and into the darkness, to deities know where.

The City of Above is located (kinda) here

I’m finally doing this oh well

(I know I’m technically in Arcane, but Fire makes more sense as a location for this.)

In the Ashfall Waste, near the border with the Windswept Plateau, the city of Above juts out on the top of a dark cliff face, its dark silhouette contrasting with the pale dawn sky, shrouded in a haze of firesmoke.
If we look closer, one building especially catches our eye. It is huge, looming over most of the city and rivaled only by what looks to be a palace.
But, this building looks like the palace’s exact opposite. Let’s take a closer look.
It almost has no windows, its walls are made of a dark stone, weathered by the ages. The one gate there is is dark and unwelcoming, made of steel bars and sharp spikes.
From inside, the echoes of roars and pained cries reach our ears. A fiery orange glow casts huge and terrifying shadows on the walls of the curved hallways of the building. Shadows of dragons, and… something else.
We walk past a heavy and reinforced door, and a blood-curdling scream comes from the other side, followed by vicious laughter.
But you need not listen to that, there’s plenty of fun ahead.
As we walk past other doors and staircases which end in darkness, we finally reach what this building is intended for: the main attraction.
The sound of swords clanging and claws scraping and dragons roaring almost deafens us, as it echoes off the curved walls that maybe resemble a theater of some sort, until we finally look down from our platform and forget the resemblance.
On the sandy ground between the three-quarter circle of seats, a team of two dragons are fighting with three harpies. Or at least it looks like there’s only two dragons, until you see the third: collapsed on his side, heavily bleeding from a wound in his chest. The other two, a Mirror and a Spiral, barely recognizable, are bleeding as well: from various scratches on their legs and neck, and one of the Spiral’s ears is missing.
“What is this place?” you say with disgust, but I’m not listening.
It’s my place, I think with a wicked grin as I spread my wings and turn to you ceremoniously, my large shadow cast on the wall.
“Welcome to the Arena!” I say, and as my words boom through the gigantic space and disappear through the metal net-ceiling into the night, you flinch back. From the shadows, two guards jump out and seize you, with their sharp spears pointed at your throat.
“Now, now, don’t leave yet, think of the amazing time we could have together! Let the old Ringleader have a bit of fun, don’t you think?”
With a flick of my tail, I signal to the guards. Their grip tightens, and they carry you off, to one of the staircases and into the darkness, to deities know where.

The City of Above is located (kinda) here

Ello, I’m August/Screech, and I am an artist and a procrastinator.
Previously disgraceofsummer.
Check out my Arena Pinkerlocke! (AKA what the Coli is in my lore)
The rules are from @/coolkid’s Pinkerlocke thread with a few changes made by me https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162

Pinkerlocke Rules:
- Any death in the Coliseum means a death in actuality. The dragon must be exalted or retired from the Pinkerlocke entirely.
- Loot that isn't a Pinkerton drop is not relevant to the Pinkerlocke. You may dress your dragons in anything you like.
- Coliseum matches do not have to be consecutive.
- Begin with two adult dragons
- A dragon successfully escapes the Pinkerlocke upon reaching level 20, or being in the same party as a dragon who reaches level 20.

Drop table:

Food: The basics: enter the Coliseum! According to the table below, go through the amount of matches listed; it does not have to be all in a row!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose which dragons join the team via RNG. Choose a venue manually.

You can flee any time to regen health, but must take the hunger penalty - no refreshing! This is to discourage resetting for better enemy spawns.

Materials: A day for writing. While you can write for any portion of this, what are your dragons doing in their downtime? What's their latest battles, any hardships they might've faced, any newcomers to the group? If there's nothing new, how about some character introspection? Do any of them not have a biography?

Writing does not have to be specifically about the pinkerlocke dragons - it can also focus on dragons back home waiting for their companions to return.

Trinkets: Draw some art, whatever medium you want to use; even a simple doodle is good! What do your dragons look like? Their home? A battle? Any trinkets they have?

Again, drawing does not have to be specifically of the pinkerlocke dragons.

Familiars: Buy a dragon in the AH of a specific breed, gems or treasure. Use a random number generator to determine which breed to get.

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Obelisk
16. Gaoler
17. Banescale
18. Veilspun
19. Aberration
20. Undertide
21. Aether
22. Sandsurge
23. Auraboa

The search can be narrowed by gender only - This is an aesthetic choice to allow me to choose which pose I prefer. Pick from the first page of adult dragons for each currency.

Apparel: Since this group of dragons is literally having to fight for their life, they have no time to nest. Flip a coin; if heads, a dragon from the lair gets captured and put in the arena. A randomly generated dragon from the lair joins. If tails, roll for a new dragon from AH as with Familiars.

Battle Items: Flip a coin; if heads, a death streak happens, and if tails, nothing happens.

- Death streak: Three dragons must be chosen through a random generator and go through a Coliseum area corresponding to the highest level in the party. 10 rounds must be completed consecutively; if a dragon dies, the death streak is over and no more rounds are required.
The rules are from @/coolkid’s Pinkerlocke thread with a few changes made by me https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162

Pinkerlocke Rules:
- Any death in the Coliseum means a death in actuality. The dragon must be exalted or retired from the Pinkerlocke entirely.
- Loot that isn't a Pinkerton drop is not relevant to the Pinkerlocke. You may dress your dragons in anything you like.
- Coliseum matches do not have to be consecutive.
- Begin with two adult dragons
- A dragon successfully escapes the Pinkerlocke upon reaching level 20, or being in the same party as a dragon who reaches level 20.

Drop table:

Food: The basics: enter the Coliseum! According to the table below, go through the amount of matches listed; it does not have to be all in a row!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose which dragons join the team via RNG. Choose a venue manually.

You can flee any time to regen health, but must take the hunger penalty - no refreshing! This is to discourage resetting for better enemy spawns.

Materials: A day for writing. While you can write for any portion of this, what are your dragons doing in their downtime? What's their latest battles, any hardships they might've faced, any newcomers to the group? If there's nothing new, how about some character introspection? Do any of them not have a biography?

Writing does not have to be specifically about the pinkerlocke dragons - it can also focus on dragons back home waiting for their companions to return.

Trinkets: Draw some art, whatever medium you want to use; even a simple doodle is good! What do your dragons look like? Their home? A battle? Any trinkets they have?

Again, drawing does not have to be specifically of the pinkerlocke dragons.

Familiars: Buy a dragon in the AH of a specific breed, gems or treasure. Use a random number generator to determine which breed to get.

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Obelisk
16. Gaoler
17. Banescale
18. Veilspun
19. Aberration
20. Undertide
21. Aether
22. Sandsurge
23. Auraboa

The search can be narrowed by gender only - This is an aesthetic choice to allow me to choose which pose I prefer. Pick from the first page of adult dragons for each currency.

Apparel: Since this group of dragons is literally having to fight for their life, they have no time to nest. Flip a coin; if heads, a dragon from the lair gets captured and put in the arena. A randomly generated dragon from the lair joins. If tails, roll for a new dragon from AH as with Familiars.

Battle Items: Flip a coin; if heads, a death streak happens, and if tails, nothing happens.

- Death streak: Three dragons must be chosen through a random generator and go through a Coliseum area corresponding to the highest level in the party. 10 rounds must be completed consecutively; if a dragon dies, the death streak is over and no more rounds are required.
I will probably not update this every day, but I will try. Also I’m kind of new at doing all this forum stuff so if you have any tips for formatting or something you can reply to this thread or message me :)

Whoop whoop note for future self edit this post if people want a ping list
I will probably not update this every day, but I will try. Also I’m kind of new at doing all this forum stuff so if you have any tips for formatting or something you can reply to this thread or message me :)

Whoop whoop note for future self edit this post if people want a ping list
[quote=dragons]These are the dragons I’m starting with! [b]Tree:[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/917619/91761852_350.png[/img] [b]Squeak:[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/917742/91774129_350.png[/img] [b]Counterweight:[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/917910/91790928_350.png[/img] [b]Merle:[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/920065/92006435_350.png[/img] I also have Ringleader in my lair but he’s not actually [i]fighting[/i] in the arena for obvious reasons. [/quote]
dragons wrote:
These are the dragons I’m starting with!

Tree:
91761852_350.png

Squeak:
91774129_350.png

Counterweight:
91790928_350.png

Merle:
92006435_350.png

I also have Ringleader in my lair but he’s not actually fighting in the arena for obvious reasons.
First item pull (drumroll): [item= azure yuccarope] [b]Azure Yuccarope[/b] [i]Materials[/i] That means writing! Tree grunts as his frail body is thrown against the hard stone floor. One of his wings is trapped beneath his body: he’s pretty sure he sprained it. The guards watch from behind their helmets, their faces in shadow, unreadable. Then they retreat, slamming the heavy door shut behind them with a loud clang. Tree is left in the dark, he can barely make out anything in the dim moonglow that seeps in from the iron bars set in the wall opposite to the door, high above his head. Then he hears a soft sound, of something brushing the wall. He jumps to his feet as fast as he can, his wings unusually heavy from the shackles that kept them from spreading fully. And yes, he sprained his wing, he concludes from the sharp bolt of pain searing through the right side of his body. “Who’s there?” he asks in a hoarse whisper. The sound repeats again, closer this time. Tree’s back is against the door and he watches the shadows with wide eyes, certain that something is going to jump at him any moment. He feels something touch his hind leg briefly, and he tenses, kicking the space where he felt it, but he hits nothing. From beneath his belly, a small voice pipes up. “Hey there, new guy. Mind not trying to kill me? Believe me, you won’t succeed.” A growl rising in his throat, Tree jumps to the middle of the cell, so he isn’t blocking the faint light of the moon and he can see his attacker. A small fae dragon is standing in front of the closed door, her multicoloured wings folded neatly to her sides. Tree is just surprised the Arena jailers even have shackles that small. “Who- who are you?” His voice echoes strangely through the room, louder than he would’ve liked. “Your new cellmate, big guy,” her voice seems confident, not at all the monotone speech Tree would expect from a fae. Well, to be fair, she probably had been in this prison for a long time, and copied the speech patterns of the dragons who stood here before Tree came along. “You can call me Squeak.” Her little claws made small pitter-patter sounds on the cold stone floor as she walked towards him. “I- I’m Tree,” he stammered, still not feeling confident with his voice. How could Squeak live this nonchalantly? She was probably going to die in the next week! “You’re as tall as one,” Squeak murmured under her breath. “What?” “Nothing!” she sat down neatly, with her black tail curled over her talons, and grinned up at Tree. “We’ll have plenty of fun together, new guy. Ever had to fight for your life?”
First item pull (drumroll):
Azure Yuccarope
Azure Yuccarope
Materials
That means writing!

Tree grunts as his frail body is thrown against the hard stone floor. One of his wings is trapped beneath his body: he’s pretty sure he sprained it.
The guards watch from behind their helmets, their faces in shadow, unreadable. Then they retreat, slamming the heavy door shut behind them with a loud clang.
Tree is left in the dark, he can barely make out anything in the dim moonglow that seeps in from the iron bars set in the wall opposite to the door, high above his head.
Then he hears a soft sound, of something brushing the wall. He jumps to his feet as fast as he can, his wings unusually heavy from the shackles that kept them from spreading fully. And yes, he sprained his wing, he concludes from the sharp bolt of pain searing through the right side of his body.
“Who’s there?” he asks in a hoarse whisper.
The sound repeats again, closer this time. Tree’s back is against the door and he watches the shadows with wide eyes, certain that something is going to jump at him any moment.
He feels something touch his hind leg briefly, and he tenses, kicking the space where he felt it, but he hits nothing.
From beneath his belly, a small voice pipes up.
“Hey there, new guy. Mind not trying to kill me? Believe me, you won’t succeed.”
A growl rising in his throat, Tree jumps to the middle of the cell, so he isn’t blocking the faint light of the moon and he can see his attacker.
A small fae dragon is standing in front of the closed door, her multicoloured wings folded neatly to her sides.
Tree is just surprised the Arena jailers even have shackles that small.
“Who- who are you?”
His voice echoes strangely through the room, louder than he would’ve liked.
“Your new cellmate, big guy,” her voice seems confident, not at all the monotone speech Tree would expect from a fae. Well, to be fair, she probably had been in this prison for a long time, and copied the speech patterns of the dragons who stood here before Tree came along.
“You can call me Squeak.”
Her little claws made small pitter-patter sounds on the cold stone floor as she walked towards him.
“I- I’m Tree,” he stammered, still not feeling confident with his voice. How could Squeak live this nonchalantly? She was probably going to die in the next week!
“You’re as tall as one,” Squeak murmured under her breath.
“What?”
“Nothing!” she sat down neatly, with her black tail curled over her talons, and grinned up at Tree.
“We’ll have plenty of fun together, new guy. Ever had to fight for your life?”
oooo loving this already! the premise is very interesting! (also, is commenting alright? i can delete this post if you want to keep it clean and pinkerlocke only)
oooo loving this already! the premise is very interesting! (also, is commenting alright? i can delete this post if you want to keep it clean and pinkerlocke only)
aesq82D.giff54b7fcb7a59201d421ffead40d394df8005beab.png41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
Commenting is fine! Also, thanks!
Commenting is fine! Also, thanks!
[item= golden deepsea bulb] [b]Golden Deepsea Bulb[/b] [i]Apparel[/i] A new dragon already? All right, I rolled for a ridgeback, sooo This is [b]Merle[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/920065/92006435_350.png[/img] —— The ‘tiny’ ridgeback is already almost as large as Tree. Squeak prods her silvery scales, and she starts sobbing even harder. The Fae, now completely out of her depth, shrugs at Tree, who is sitting, pressed against the wall to leave more room for the bigger dragons. Counterweight had joined their cell soon after Tree arrived, her long body barely leaving room for the others. She had coiled herself up in a ball, to be as small as possible, and greeted the others with a wry smile. When she talked, the whole room rumbled with her, as if it was talking too. Now she is curled around the ridgeback hatchling, one of her wings gently draped over the other dragon’s back, making various shushing noises. “Shhh. Hey now, it’s okay, you’re not hurt, you’re safe.” Tree and Squeak exchange a quick glance. That is almost certainly not true. “If it helps, it helps,” Squeak whispers conspiringly.
Golden Deepsea Bulb
Golden Deepsea Bulb
Apparel

A new dragon already? All right, I rolled for a ridgeback, sooo

This is Merle
92006435_350.png

——

The ‘tiny’ ridgeback is already almost as large as Tree. Squeak prods her silvery scales, and she starts sobbing even harder. The Fae, now completely out of her depth, shrugs at Tree, who is sitting, pressed against the wall to leave more room for the bigger dragons.
Counterweight had joined their cell soon after Tree arrived, her long body barely leaving room for the others. She had coiled herself up in a ball, to be as small as possible, and greeted the others with a wry smile. When she talked, the whole room rumbled with her, as if it was talking too.
Now she is curled around the ridgeback hatchling, one of her wings gently draped over the other dragon’s back, making various shushing noises.
“Shhh. Hey now, it’s okay, you’re not hurt, you’re safe.”
Tree and Squeak exchange a quick glance. That is almost certainly not true.
“If it helps, it helps,” Squeak whispers conspiringly.
Next item: [item=berserker] [b]Berserker[/b] Oooh god. But… The coin is tails, so no death streak. No one’s dead, guys!
Next item:
Berserker
Berserker
Oooh god. But…

The coin is tails, so no death streak.
No one’s dead, guys!
[item= dusky mealworm] [b]Dusky Mealworm[/b] The team (excluding Merle) went into the Coli and reached level 4! More writing coming soon!
Dusky Mealworm
Dusky Mealworm

The team (excluding Merle) went into the Coli and reached level 4!
More writing coming soon!