Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2023
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Oof yeah the banner dates get me every time :(
Oof yeah the banner dates get me every time :(
Flamerest Embers Fir Branch Grouse Basilisk Field Notes Fishing Net Leafy Impression
I am also super disappointed with the banner dates!
I'd also interpreted it would be available until rollover into the first, and was planning on grinding a bit more! I'd read over the og post, but I guess I missed the bit about when it actually ends. Sad :(
I am also super disappointed with the banner dates!
I'd also interpreted it would be available until rollover into the first, and was planning on grinding a bit more! I'd read over the og post, but I guess I missed the bit about when it actually ends. Sad :(
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought I still had through the end of today (the 31st) to finish a few trades/exchanges/whatever. If you're going to use a date on a banner, make sure it's the right one!

If something is advertised to end on the 31st that means at the END of that day, not at the beginning.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought I still had through the end of today (the 31st) to finish a few trades/exchanges/whatever. If you're going to use a date on a banner, make sure it's the right one!

If something is advertised to end on the 31st that means at the END of that day, not at the beginning.
[quote name="VixenDra" date="2023-12-31 10:42:35" ] Please, make the banner not so highly misleading next time, in practise it's pretty much ending on 30th but the banner screams we still have HOURS left before NotN ends, since 11:59PM is the default interpretation [/quote] Right? I just went to do the familiar bonding and gathering and I was wondering why I wasn’t getting anything
VixenDra wrote on 2023-12-31 10:42:35:
Please, make the banner not so highly misleading next time, in practise it's pretty much ending on 30th but the banner screams we still have HOURS left before NotN ends, since 11:59PM is the default interpretation

Right? I just went to do the familiar bonding and gathering and I was wondering why I wasn’t getting anything

check out my Art Shop
chibi dragons or Brilbell Adopts
I agree with the above. The banner is super misleading. "Dec 31st" implies ALL DAY Dec 31st, not "until x time" Dec 31st. I literally decided to go to bed early (for me) at 2 AM, when rollover is at 3:30 AM, because I figured I could just get the NOTN stuff done when I woke up. So when I bonded with my familiars this morning, I was confused as to why I was getting nothing. Then I read the "until December 31, at 06:00 server time" on the thread. I guarantee you that at least like, half the site doesn't read the thread and just looks at the banner for their information. Especially not that low-down on the thread? If you're going to be misleading in that way, then at least put it on the banner. It'd be really easy and not that intrusive. [img]https://i.imgur.com/9dF3020.png[/img] That isn't my only problem, though. The misleading thing is not entirely what I'm here for, nor is it my most important point. Which is: [b]It punishes people who can't be on between rollover and 6 server-time.[/b] It should just end at rollover- either the night of the 30th or the 31st, because it still is punishing people for not being on directly after rollover up to 6 Server Time. For me, those hours are from 3:30 AM to like 9 AM, which I am usually trying to be asleep for. (And not because of a bad sleeping schedule, I live on B-shift time, my partner works from 4 PM to like 1-2 AM.) Not everyone can be available during those hours, so it's punishing people for not being on then, and rewarding people who can be on during those times for- as far as the player base is aware- no reason.
I agree with the above. The banner is super misleading. "Dec 31st" implies ALL DAY Dec 31st, not "until x time" Dec 31st.

I literally decided to go to bed early (for me) at 2 AM, when rollover is at 3:30 AM, because I figured I could just get the NOTN stuff done when I woke up. So when I bonded with my familiars this morning, I was confused as to why I was getting nothing.

Then I read the "until December 31, at 06:00 server time" on the thread.

I guarantee you that at least like, half the site doesn't read the thread and just looks at the banner for their information. Especially not that low-down on the thread? If you're going to be misleading in that way, then at least put it on the banner.

It'd be really easy and not that intrusive.

9dF3020.png

That isn't my only problem, though. The misleading thing is not entirely what I'm here for, nor is it my most important point.

Which is:

It punishes people who can't be on between rollover and 6 server-time.

It should just end at rollover- either the night of the 30th or the 31st, because it still is punishing people for not being on directly after rollover up to 6 Server Time. For me, those hours are from 3:30 AM to like 9 AM, which I am usually trying to be asleep for. (And not because of a bad sleeping schedule, I live on B-shift time, my partner works from 4 PM to like 1-2 AM.)

Not everyone can be available during those hours, so it's punishing people for not being on then, and rewarding people who can be on during those times for- as far as the player base is aware- no reason.
The banner should say the last full day imo. The last six hours are just bonus, it's 1/4th of a day and most timezones miss out on it.
The banner should say the last full day imo. The last six hours are just bonus, it's 1/4th of a day and most timezones miss out on it.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
Yeah, I got caught out by the banner. Figured I could go to bed and do familiar bonding in the morning, but nope. My bad for not reading/remembering the fine print but it would help if the time the event ends was also on the banner.
Yeah, I got caught out by the banner. Figured I could go to bed and do familiar bonding in the morning, but nope. My bad for not reading/remembering the fine print but it would help if the time the event ends was also on the banner.
o4DjJ2Y.png

she/her
FR+ 20hrs

Wishlist | Hatchery | Deviantart | Tumblr
Instagram | Art shop? | Skins/accents
Feel like NotN is ending earlier than most years. Doesn't it end on like, the 2nd of January usually? I'm very confused.
Feel like NotN is ending earlier than most years. Doesn't it end on like, the 2nd of January usually? I'm very confused.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
i've been on this site for years so i was prepared for the 6:00am end point, bc it's pretty standard for FR events. the banner dates ARE correct technically. but i do think in the future the banner should include "6:00 am server time" because newer players don't usually have this little bit of info on lock yet! and i think it would save a lot of people some grief. it's always listed in the actual event post as the first thing, but a lot of folks don't retain that info as easily as a big bold graphic. i don't think the team did anything wrong, but i DO think this would just be a good addition to the graphics in the future [emoji=gaoler happy size=1] edit: the 6am server time end might be awkward for some, but if i recall, this exists for the ease of the staff-- who all live in similar time zones. it's so that they are all awake when events end in case there are any issues.
i've been on this site for years so i was prepared for the 6:00am end point, bc it's pretty standard for FR events. the banner dates ARE correct technically. but i do think in the future the banner should include "6:00 am server time" because newer players don't usually have this little bit of info on lock yet! and i think it would save a lot of people some grief.

it's always listed in the actual event post as the first thing, but a lot of folks don't retain that info as easily as a big bold graphic. i don't think the team did anything wrong, but i DO think this would just be a good addition to the graphics in the future

edit: the 6am server time end might be awkward for some, but if i recall, this exists for the ease of the staff-- who all live in similar time zones. it's so that they are all awake when events end in case there are any issues.
forum_sig.png
honestly disappointed to come in hoping to get a few more chests and sort out the stuff i was missing only to see everything gone just like that. notn being so different from regular fests did make it feel as though it would in fact just last the entire the month and having the very last day of the month be nothing feels pretty bad.

eta usually i don't take part in notn because it's the time of the year when i without a fail am too burnt out on fr to participate, but going back to check it's always been ending in january the previous years, so of course this feels very out of nowhere and taking people operating on previous knowledge off guard too
honestly disappointed to come in hoping to get a few more chests and sort out the stuff i was missing only to see everything gone just like that. notn being so different from regular fests did make it feel as though it would in fact just last the entire the month and having the very last day of the month be nothing feels pretty bad.

eta usually i don't take part in notn because it's the time of the year when i without a fail am too burnt out on fr to participate, but going back to check it's always been ending in january the previous years, so of course this feels very out of nowhere and taking people operating on previous knowledge off guard too
Fae/ they-them / +2hrs fr time
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53