Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [DATA] Reselling NOTN Apparel
Heyo! [emoji=gem size=1] So because I'm the specific type of nerd that likes spreadsheets and data, I tracked my profits from the last three years of reselling NOTN apparel to know what to buy more of the next year. I don't play as much any more, so I thought I'd put out the data in case anyone was interested! The spreadsheets aren't especially pretty due to both lack of spreadsheet skill on my part as well as (honestly) a lack of desire to make them nicer, but they're functional. 2020-2021: [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-DvkPS0jQZfLUyl2ysn6pPqgnGY7--ol1V5rVvDG79I/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]; Sold 571 items for 15.3kg/mil t profit 2021-2022: [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18DvCoz3jpLmGqZepcQhEWvb3EvBfbMj4Iwajb1ddXko/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]; Sold 504 items for 11.4kg/mil t 2022-2023: [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yk4j7YLgU4joHi6xuuc6d15ID1G9-VZ4MG8yXDVPWVQ/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]; Sold 256 items for 8.4kg/mil t [b][u]Sheets:[/b][/u] - [b]Sheet 1[/b] is raw data from sales, tracked as treasure only for my sanity at 1:1000 [indent]- Purchase price of treasure items is listed at 85% of full price since I made sure to purchase apparel at full dom discount[/indent] [indent]- Also has total income, profit, numbers of items sold, and profit from each year's apparel at the bottom[/indent] - [b]Sheet 2[/b] is sales cost / Baldwin treasure cost - [b]Sheet 3[/b] is where I cosplay an accountant and calculate return on investment to determine what gave me the most bang for my buck [indent]- Again, initial cost is calculated with the max 15% dom discount; if you don't have that and want more accurate numbers, feel free to copy and make changes to get numbers more accurate for you [/indent] [indent]- I put 20kt as the "purchase price" of apparel from chests, since that's the rough average price of chests and numbers look stupid otherwise[/indent] [indent]- [u]Note[/u] that I roughly calculated the true cost for Baldwin recipes with materials included, but haven't updated the numbers in a year; Reference numbers off to the side[/indent] - [b]Sheet 4[/b] was an earlier attempt at trying to work out how to track material costs for Baldwin, abandoned - [b]Sheet 5[/b] should probs just be deleted, but was my practice grounds for attempting to learn some basic formulas to make the darn speadsheet work the way I wanted it to, with mixed success [b][u]Other Notes[/b][/u]: - [b]Typically began reselling[/b] in early October for people dressing up Halloween dragons and kept relisting/listing more until I ran out of stuff and/or the next NOTN started up [indent]- This year (2023), started in mid November due to IRL being crazy and not being as involved with the game[/indent] - [b]Any apparel from chests[/b] sells for fodder price or near it, so not worth it [indent]- Only exception is that sometimes the Conjurer's set, especially the Cobwebs can be decent, but that's hit or miss. @/KoloKitten mentioned this set may sell better than in the past due to [gamedb achievement=123]. Thanks![/indent] - [b]Gem apparel resells slowly,[/b] if at all [indent] - The Spectral Fuchsia set, Rainbow Starswirls, and Enchanted Book Collections sell the best of the gem apparel; Fuchsia can be slow tho[/indent] [indent] - Gossamer Flame sometimes sold, but sat for a LONG time[/indent] [indent] - Don't even bother with the others, tbh; IF they sold, it took forever and/or barely sold for the original purchase price[/indent] - [b]Some Baldwin apparel sells well[/b], others not so much [indent]- Most of the Magician's and Eerie Cyan sets sell well, along with the Smokeswirl[/indent] [indent]- Some sets have only some parts that reliably sell well, other parts are variable year to year: Haunted Flame (candles), Woeful (vial and tools)[/indent] [indent]- Echo Eater set varies in desirability and profit, up to you if you want to risk it[/indent] - [b]Generally the Ghastcrown sets sell the best[/b] [indent]- Clawrings and forejewels sell fastest, with Pendants and Taildecor not too far behind[/indent] [indent]- Onyx and Ruby sets are fastest selling colors[/indent] - [b]Smaller accessory-type items sell better[/b] than full-body or head-covering items - [b]The Book Collections and Swirls[/b] really have done well [b][u]Final thoughts[/b][/u] - It takes [b]a lot of time and work[/b] to post hundreds of items while checking to make sure they're priced appropriately, including when relisting both when items sell and when they expire, but man the stonks are worth it - I listed for 3 days since that usually was enough time for them to sell at that price if they were going to sell at all, but some expensive items that moved slowly were listed at 7 days - Feel free to copy and modify the spreadsheets if you'd like - If you have questions about anything, I'm happy to answer! - Go forth and get that [emoji=treasure size=1][b]ca$h money[/b][emoji=treasure size=1] lol
Heyo!

So because I'm the specific type of nerd that likes spreadsheets and data, I tracked my profits from the last three years of reselling NOTN apparel to know what to buy more of the next year. I don't play as much any more, so I thought I'd put out the data in case anyone was interested! The spreadsheets aren't especially pretty due to both lack of spreadsheet skill on my part as well as (honestly) a lack of desire to make them nicer, but they're functional.

2020-2021: here; Sold 571 items for 15.3kg/mil t profit
2021-2022: here; Sold 504 items for 11.4kg/mil t
2022-2023: here; Sold 256 items for 8.4kg/mil t

Sheets:
- Sheet 1 is raw data from sales, tracked as treasure only for my sanity at 1:1000
- Purchase price of treasure items is listed at 85% of full price since I made sure to purchase apparel at full dom discount
- Also has total income, profit, numbers of items sold, and profit from each year's apparel at the bottom
- Sheet 2 is sales cost / Baldwin treasure cost
- Sheet 3 is where I cosplay an accountant and calculate return on investment to determine what gave me the most bang for my buck
- Again, initial cost is calculated with the max 15% dom discount; if you don't have that and want more accurate numbers, feel free to copy and make changes to get numbers more accurate for you
- I put 20kt as the "purchase price" of apparel from chests, since that's the rough average price of chests and numbers look stupid otherwise
- Note that I roughly calculated the true cost for Baldwin recipes with materials included, but haven't updated the numbers in a year; Reference numbers off to the side
- Sheet 4 was an earlier attempt at trying to work out how to track material costs for Baldwin, abandoned
- Sheet 5 should probs just be deleted, but was my practice grounds for attempting to learn some basic formulas to make the darn speadsheet work the way I wanted it to, with mixed success

Other Notes:
- Typically began reselling in early October for people dressing up Halloween dragons and kept relisting/listing more until I ran out of stuff and/or the next NOTN started up
- This year (2023), started in mid November due to IRL being crazy and not being as involved with the game
- Any apparel from chests sells for fodder price or near it, so not worth it
- Only exception is that sometimes the Conjurer's set, especially the Cobwebs can be decent, but that's hit or miss. @/KoloKitten mentioned this set may sell better than in the past due to It's Always Spooky Season Around Here. Thanks!
- Gem apparel resells slowly, if at all
- The Spectral Fuchsia set, Rainbow Starswirls, and Enchanted Book Collections sell the best of the gem apparel; Fuchsia can be slow tho
- Gossamer Flame sometimes sold, but sat for a LONG time
- Don't even bother with the others, tbh; IF they sold, it took forever and/or barely sold for the original purchase price
- Some Baldwin apparel sells well, others not so much
- Most of the Magician's and Eerie Cyan sets sell well, along with the Smokeswirl
- Some sets have only some parts that reliably sell well, other parts are variable year to year: Haunted Flame (candles), Woeful (vial and tools)
- Echo Eater set varies in desirability and profit, up to you if you want to risk it
- Generally the Ghastcrown sets sell the best
- Clawrings and forejewels sell fastest, with Pendants and Taildecor not too far behind
- Onyx and Ruby sets are fastest selling colors
- Smaller accessory-type items sell better than full-body or head-covering items
- The Book Collections and Swirls really have done well

Final thoughts
- It takes a lot of time and work to post hundreds of items while checking to make sure they're priced appropriately, including when relisting both when items sell and when they expire, but man the stonks are worth it
- I listed for 3 days since that usually was enough time for them to sell at that price if they were going to sell at all, but some expensive items that moved slowly were listed at 7 days
- Feel free to copy and modify the spreadsheets if you'd like
- If you have questions about anything, I'm happy to answer!
- Go forth and get that ca$h money lol
Gj97yvC.png
Jesus thank you so much for all this data; bookmarked
Jesus thank you so much for all this data; bookmarked
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
do you think the achievement for dressing a dragon in conjurer's apparel influenced the sales of its set at all this year?

It's Always Spooky Season Around Here
do you think the achievement for dressing a dragon in conjurer's apparel influenced the sales of its set at all this year?

It's Always Spooky Season Around Here
NY105Sx.gif
@KoloKitten

Huh I hadn't thought of that, great point! I didn't have any to sell, but the I do remember checking prices then and they were higher than they'd been in the past. Hard to say if it'll sell better throughout the year, but I'll snag a bit and we'll see!
@KoloKitten

Huh I hadn't thought of that, great point! I didn't have any to sell, but the I do remember checking prices then and they were higher than they'd been in the past. Hard to say if it'll sell better throughout the year, but I'll snag a bit and we'll see!
Gj97yvC.png
wow this looks super helpful, thank you very much!
wow this looks super helpful, thank you very much!
2b488a247ba6cab1926a98e53fa34290e463da90.pngxmikUei.png3288b5fd050e9295bf94a7662663db619e7e1a58.png