Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | NotN drop rate feels lower or-
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Kumatora" date="2023-12-21 09:05:43" ] [quote name="Undel" date="2023-12-21 03:16:41" ] The drop rate on eggs has not been altered. Chest drops haven't been altered, except in the form of some venues getting an additional NotN-themed opponent. NotN opponents have higher drop rates than normal opponents and so slightly more of them being around = slightly more chest drops. [/quote] I wish, I [i]wish[/i] that at the very least we could get some transparency on the rates and numbers from chests. Like yes, even if its all luck, theres still no defined answer on the numbers being ran. People can speculate and compile data as much as they want but it’ll never be accurate. Heck, Gacha games are even, by law, required to include pullrates. [/quote] Yeah but they're required to because you have to spend real money on it. You are literally gambling with gatcha games. NOTN does not require money to participate in. Would I like to have those numbers known? Aboslutely, but I can live without them. Been doing NOTN since the first year it came out. I didn't average numbers in the beginning, but I have the last few years and I'm confident the drop rate is around 1 egg in 10 chests. RNG is going to RNG, of course, but for me personally, I've finished every year at 1:10 since I started counting my chests and eggs. The only year I didn't was last year. I had a 12% rate last year. 480 chests opened and 59 eggs pulled. As long as I stay around 10% I know I've doing average and I'm happy with that. :3
Kumatora wrote on 2023-12-21 09:05:43:
Undel wrote on 2023-12-21 03:16:41:
The drop rate on eggs has not been altered.

Chest drops haven't been altered, except in the form of some venues getting an additional NotN-themed opponent. NotN opponents have higher drop rates than normal opponents and so slightly more of them being around = slightly more chest drops.

I wish, I wish that at the very least we could get some transparency on the rates and numbers from chests. Like yes, even if its all luck, theres still no defined answer on the numbers being ran. People can speculate and compile data as much as they want but it’ll never be accurate. Heck, Gacha games are even, by law, required to include pullrates.

Yeah but they're required to because you have to spend real money on it. You are literally gambling with gatcha games. NOTN does not require money to participate in.

Would I like to have those numbers known? Aboslutely, but I can live without them. Been doing NOTN since the first year it came out. I didn't average numbers in the beginning, but I have the last few years and I'm confident the drop rate is around 1 egg in 10 chests. RNG is going to RNG, of course, but for me personally, I've finished every year at 1:10 since I started counting my chests and eggs. The only year I didn't was last year. I had a 12% rate last year. 480 chests opened and 59 eggs pulled. As long as I stay around 10% I know I've doing average and I'm happy with that. :3
TyYgOYZ.png
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I've opened 88 chests this fest and gotten ten eggs. Meanwhile I got my first ever breed change scroll in all my ten years on this site.
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I've opened 88 chests this fest and gotten ten eggs. Meanwhile I got my first ever breed change scroll in all my ten years on this site.
The egg rate is 8%. Undel stated this during a previous NotN iirc.

RNG is a fickle thing, aha.

Edit: Found the post.
The egg rate is 8%. Undel stated this during a previous NotN iirc.

RNG is a fickle thing, aha.

Edit: Found the post.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
^ That. I was about to mention that the egg drop rate was confirmed 8% last year by Undel.

From my personal calculations and from looking around at other people’s stats, this seems accurate. I think the important thing to remember is that there will always be variation. Some people may get more than that, others may get less.

As far as chest drop rates, I can say that as someone who’s grinded NotN before chests could drop from places outside the coli, I have had SUCH an easier time getting chests. The trades being constantly available in the grand exchange is a game changer, I used to never do the trades because swipp was too finicky. Bonding all my fams is an almost guaranteed 50 chests at least. Other site activities can give a few here and there. And then grinding in the coli on top. In my opinion, it’s easier than ever to get strange chests.
^ That. I was about to mention that the egg drop rate was confirmed 8% last year by Undel.

From my personal calculations and from looking around at other people’s stats, this seems accurate. I think the important thing to remember is that there will always be variation. Some people may get more than that, others may get less.

As far as chest drop rates, I can say that as someone who’s grinded NotN before chests could drop from places outside the coli, I have had SUCH an easier time getting chests. The trades being constantly available in the grand exchange is a game changer, I used to never do the trades because swipp was too finicky. Bonding all my fams is an almost guaranteed 50 chests at least. Other site activities can give a few here and there. And then grinding in the coli on top. In my opinion, it’s easier than ever to get strange chests.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
my egg rate this year is sitting at 6.5% :( unfortunate for me but it the way rng goes
my egg rate this year is sitting at 6.5% :( unfortunate for me but it the way rng goes
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png ---
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif they/them
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif FR+2
--- tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif shadom organizer
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif currency exchange
--- tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif faq
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif wishlist
--- hwxM86P.png
I haven't been keeping a spreadsheet or anything, but it feels like I'm having better luck this year. That could just be because I graduated last winter, so I don't have to study for finals and have more time to relax and play games this NotN.
I haven't been keeping a spreadsheet or anything, but it feels like I'm having better luck this year. That could just be because I graduated last winter, so I don't have to study for finals and have more time to relax and play games this NotN.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
I think it's just luck, honestly.

Yesterday I was at almost 2 eggs per every 10 chests I opened, which was really good! Today I got 6 out of 149. Unfortunate, but it happens.
I think it's just luck, honestly.

Yesterday I was at almost 2 eggs per every 10 chests I opened, which was really good! Today I got 6 out of 149. Unfortunate, but it happens.
i have gotten 4 eggs from like 20-30 chests. i have no idea what is going on.
i have gotten 4 eggs from like 20-30 chests. i have no idea what is going on.
Waystone3.gif
1 2 3 4