Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Monster Hunter 20th Anniversary Vote
if you voted for Hunter's Choice: Top Monster... https://www.monsterhunter.com/20th/en/vote-monster/ who did you vote for and why? [img]https://i.imgur.com/0LnMzhW.png[/img] i voted for mr. steal yo girl. he's precious to me. lightning+bug+green+dragon+constant rage is everything i could ever ask for, and he's a fun hunt to boot. if astalos has no fans then i have passed away.
if you voted for Hunter's Choice: Top Monster...
https://www.monsterhunter.com/20th/en/vote-monster/

who did you vote for and why?

0LnMzhW.png

i voted for mr. steal yo girl. he's precious to me. lightning+bug+green+dragon+constant rage is everything i could ever ask for, and he's a fun hunt to boot. if astalos has no fans then i have passed away.
FObX7rS.png
o9yS1eq.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
FlMK7kZ.png
22evmnb.png
99d7e583fd212af4b4c9241de00ca9cb119db708.png f4iXRVq.png
o7ZCFYm.png
1YB0OjO.png
WXBzxw1.gif
JvUa9ma.png
Ohhh good choice! Astalos is such a fun monster and honestly? G and GU had some of the best monsters (and themes tbh) in the series. It's nice seeing the fated four make a comeback in the new era games, too (here's hoping Gammoth gets a mention in MHWilds!)

I went for one of Asta's buddies for my vote!
bubble fox wyvern propoganda ahead
A plushie of Mizutsune I got on a holiday to Japan when I was like. 12. singlehandedly introduced me to MonHun and has cemented Mizu as my ultimate favourite monster from the series.
Design wise? Utterly spectacular, I love elongated reptiles, I love fins on reptiles, and I love fur on reptiles, and Mizu is so cool he is all of the above. Sound design? Excellent. Soundtrack? Bewitching Dance is one of the top 5 themes from the series and I WILL fight to defend this (/j I won't actually fight but it is a REALLY good theme imo). I also love how simple they are to draw in comparison to other equally spectacular (but way, way more complicated) monsters like glavenus.
Ohhh good choice! Astalos is such a fun monster and honestly? G and GU had some of the best monsters (and themes tbh) in the series. It's nice seeing the fated four make a comeback in the new era games, too (here's hoping Gammoth gets a mention in MHWilds!)

I went for one of Asta's buddies for my vote!
bubble fox wyvern propoganda ahead
A plushie of Mizutsune I got on a holiday to Japan when I was like. 12. singlehandedly introduced me to MonHun and has cemented Mizu as my ultimate favourite monster from the series.
Design wise? Utterly spectacular, I love elongated reptiles, I love fins on reptiles, and I love fur on reptiles, and Mizu is so cool he is all of the above. Sound design? Excellent. Soundtrack? Bewitching Dance is one of the top 5 themes from the series and I WILL fight to defend this (/j I won't actually fight but it is a REALLY good theme imo). I also love how simple they are to draw in comparison to other equally spectacular (but way, way more complicated) monsters like glavenus.
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/a533c9b696570ac3c36859f0cc364847/06d95805e4e8917b-b8/s1280x1920/7d24ac499d277750800c2c0008c4b95212df85f8.png[/img] if tobi-kadachi has a million fans i'm one of them. if tobi-kadachi has five fans i'm one of them. if tobi-kadachi has one fan that is me. if tobi-kadachi has no fans i'm no longer on this earth. if the world is against tobi-kadachi i'm against the entire world jokes aside tobi was my first favorite when i was new to mh and my love for it never fell off dfjhdfjd.... even though it is quite a simple, low level monster and not an elder or anything i absolutely adore it. my beloved snake squirrel
7d24ac499d277750800c2c0008c4b95212df85f8.png

if tobi-kadachi has a million fans i'm one of them. if tobi-kadachi has five fans i'm one of them. if tobi-kadachi has one fan that is me. if tobi-kadachi has no fans i'm no longer on this earth. if the world is against tobi-kadachi i'm against the entire world

jokes aside tobi was my first favorite when i was new to mh and my love for it never fell off dfjhdfjd.... even though it is quite a simple, low level monster and not an elder or anything i absolutely adore it. my beloved snake squirrel
................................................... .
he/him
please ping me when replying to me
... 0c6d754360cac7b4e6251a3b5ac42a7718ac068d.png
Nargacuga i have a lot of merch of it
Nargacuga i have a lot of merch of it
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I voted for Barioth! Back in 2010, the old Nintendo Power magazine ran an article on MH Tri. Among various gameplay things, the article also had little mini profiles for a few of the different monsters that were going to be in the game, one of which was Barioth. I didn't know anything about MH at the time, but as soon as I saw that this game not only had cool dragons, but sabertooth tiger (my favorite prehistoric animal) dragons, I knew I needed to check it out. And I'm very happy I did! MH has been a pretty big touchstone in my life ever since.

Barioth's fight isn't anything novel (though it is a lot of fun in MH Rise with dual blades), but it's still my favorite monster design in the series after all these years! One of my favorite monster designs period, honestly. It's the perfect mix of rugged and pretty, and I absolutely adore how soft and fluffy its fur looks in the more recent games. It's my go-to monstie in the Stories games as well, even if it's not the fastest monster to get around on, haha. I have an ever-growing collection of Barioth figures, keychains, and plushies on my desk shelf. :')
I voted for Barioth! Back in 2010, the old Nintendo Power magazine ran an article on MH Tri. Among various gameplay things, the article also had little mini profiles for a few of the different monsters that were going to be in the game, one of which was Barioth. I didn't know anything about MH at the time, but as soon as I saw that this game not only had cool dragons, but sabertooth tiger (my favorite prehistoric animal) dragons, I knew I needed to check it out. And I'm very happy I did! MH has been a pretty big touchstone in my life ever since.

Barioth's fight isn't anything novel (though it is a lot of fun in MH Rise with dual blades), but it's still my favorite monster design in the series after all these years! One of my favorite monster designs period, honestly. It's the perfect mix of rugged and pretty, and I absolutely adore how soft and fluffy its fur looks in the more recent games. It's my go-to monstie in the Stories games as well, even if it's not the fastest monster to get around on, haha. I have an ever-growing collection of Barioth figures, keychains, and plushies on my desk shelf. :')
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I voted for Pink Rathian. I know, she's kinda basic but I love Rathis.
In my very first MH game, Stories, there was a pink rathian sleeping in one of the first areas of the game (i think it was the second?). I, knowing nothing and hoping to maybe get her to retreat and get an egg, attacked her and got my *** handed to me. After that, I thought Rathians must be suuuper strong so when I successfully hunted my first Rathian in a mainline game, I felt like I finally knew how to play. That's why the Rathians are my faves. And since pink is a pretty colour I chose her.

Other contenders for my vote were (Crimson Glow) Valstrax, Kushala Daora, Ahtal-Ka and Barroth
I voted for Pink Rathian. I know, she's kinda basic but I love Rathis.
In my very first MH game, Stories, there was a pink rathian sleeping in one of the first areas of the game (i think it was the second?). I, knowing nothing and hoping to maybe get her to retreat and get an egg, attacked her and got my *** handed to me. After that, I thought Rathians must be suuuper strong so when I successfully hunted my first Rathian in a mainline game, I felt like I finally knew how to play. That's why the Rathians are my faves. And since pink is a pretty colour I chose her.

Other contenders for my vote were (Crimson Glow) Valstrax, Kushala Daora, Ahtal-Ka and Barroth
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
Looks like almost all of the Fated Four are here now! [img]https://i.imgur.com/BbmlXS7.png[/img] Let's hope a gammoth enjoyer shows up here too. Anyway, what's not to like about a fire-breathing sword carnotaur. I love this guy. Hell, I love brute wyverns in general. Here's hoping there'll be more of them in Wilds than in Rise. Although, just having a dinosaur-like ciompanion in Wilds already makes me happy. Still, the more dinosaurian monsters, the better.
Looks like almost all of the Fated Four are here now!
BbmlXS7.png
Let's hope a gammoth enjoyer shows up here too.

Anyway, what's not to like about a fire-breathing sword carnotaur. I love this guy. Hell, I love brute wyverns in general. Here's hoping there'll be more of them in Wilds than in Rise. Although, just having a dinosaur-like ciompanion in Wilds already makes me happy. Still, the more dinosaurian monsters, the better.
I had difficulty choosing between Gigginox and Ahtal-Ka, though I eventually chose the latter. A Neopteron final boss was most certainly a surprise, and what a design it has. While it may not be my top favorite (that would be Gigginox), I believe it absolutely deserves the honor of being voted for.

I also just really like insects.
I had difficulty choosing between Gigginox and Ahtal-Ka, though I eventually chose the latter. A Neopteron final boss was most certainly a surprise, and what a design it has. While it may not be my top favorite (that would be Gigginox), I believe it absolutely deserves the honor of being voted for.

I also just really like insects.
Warren, he and him, 20
MH3-Gigginox_Icon.pngMH3-Agnaktor_Icon.pngMH3-Gobul_Icon.pngMH3-Uragaan_Icon.pngMH3-Qurupeco_Icon.pngMH3-Lagiacrus_Icon.pngMH3-Barroth_Icon.pngMH3-Ceadeus_Icon.png
[quote name="BlossomWyvern" date="2023-12-17 06:00:27" ] After that, I thought Rathians must be suuuper strong so when I successfully hunted my first Rathian in a mainline game, I felt like I finally knew how to play. [/quote] Rathian has always felt like a really good benchmark monster to me. She's fairly consistent across the games, and teaches some really good skills for harder monsters! Pink Rathian is one of my favorite raths right after Gold Rathian, so I can definitely see why you chose her. I voted for Odogaron because they are just my favorite monster. I really like the armor set, it was the second full set I made in World. Also the fight is just super fun. If I didn't vote for Odogaron, I probably would've gone for Seregios. Been playing some MHGU and my appreciation for the monster has been growing over the past few days. Hope he gets a subspecies or variant some day! Espinas is another really close runner-up, such a cool monster! If they were in the main series, Abiorugu would also be among my top picks.
BlossomWyvern wrote on 2023-12-17 06:00:27:
After that, I thought Rathians must be suuuper strong so when I successfully hunted my first Rathian in a mainline game, I felt like I finally knew how to play.

Rathian has always felt like a really good benchmark monster to me. She's fairly consistent across the games, and teaches some really good skills for harder monsters! Pink Rathian is one of my favorite raths right after Gold Rathian, so I can definitely see why you chose her.

I voted for Odogaron because they are just my favorite monster. I really like the armor set, it was the second full set I made in World. Also the fight is just super fun.

If I didn't vote for Odogaron, I probably would've gone for Seregios. Been playing some MHGU and my appreciation for the monster has been growing over the past few days. Hope he gets a subspecies or variant some day! Espinas is another really close runner-up, such a cool monster! If they were in the main series, Abiorugu would also be among my top picks.