Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Whoever is able to do G&G is an alien
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@buggy101 [quote name="buggy101" date="2021-10-15 12:40:59" ] Even though I can only beat on easy mode, this does confirm that I'm an alien. Specifically, one of the aliens from Area 51. [/quote] i found a guide some time ago (dont find the link now), but it helped me understand [b]glimmer & gloom hardmode[/b]: clear row 1-3 row 4: odd number of tiles to clear-> tap every tile in row 4 once -> clear row 4 after that row 4: even number of tiles to clear -> clear row 4 row 5: odd number of tiles to clear -> tap every tile in row 2 once -> proceed to clear the rows after that. row 5: even number of tiles -> clear row 5 row 6: odd number of tiles -> tap every tile in row 3 once -> proceed to clear the rows after that. row 6: even number of tiles -> clear row 6 you should be finished, congrats! [emoji=gaoler winking size=1]
@buggy101
buggy101 wrote on 2021-10-15 12:40:59:
Even though I can only beat on easy mode, this does confirm that I'm an alien. Specifically, one of the aliens from Area 51.

i found a guide some time ago (dont find the link now), but it helped me understand glimmer & gloom hardmode:

clear row 1-3

row 4: odd number of tiles to clear-> tap every tile in row 4 once -> clear row 4 after that

row 4: even number of tiles to clear -> clear row 4

row 5: odd number of tiles to clear -> tap every tile in row 2 once -> proceed to clear the rows after that.

row 5: even number of tiles -> clear row 5

row 6: odd number of tiles -> tap every tile in row 3 once -> proceed to clear the rows after that.

row 6: even number of tiles -> clear row 6

you should be finished, congrats!

My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
imo, i find that a lot of g+g explanations take up tooooooooons of screen space or time, and it feels extremely overwhelming because it feels like something you have to get down PERFECTLY or you screwed up the whole thing and have to restart over and over and over again.

except... that isn't the case? g+g is actually extremely forgiving, and you can just redo a section that isn't working out most of the time without issue. it really is a game you just have to Do instead of reading a bunch of how-tos, and from experience you learn how the game functions. as it is a "solved game" as long as you do the motions you should get to the same solution every time, or at least make mistakes that can be easily fixed by repeating a step on problem tiles. that's probably why it seems so impossible - if you find it difficult to follow other people's words or images, then it IS gonna be difficult, because there is nothing to solve. you are not meant to think about how to do the game, you are meant to follow step-by-step guides without understanding the mechanics.

maybe that's what trips some people up? i've asked the question before and i wonder if explaining the mechanics might help a little, as someone who just did not get it until i reorganized what the hell people were talking about in every guide into smaller steps...?
imo, i find that a lot of g+g explanations take up tooooooooons of screen space or time, and it feels extremely overwhelming because it feels like something you have to get down PERFECTLY or you screwed up the whole thing and have to restart over and over and over again.

except... that isn't the case? g+g is actually extremely forgiving, and you can just redo a section that isn't working out most of the time without issue. it really is a game you just have to Do instead of reading a bunch of how-tos, and from experience you learn how the game functions. as it is a "solved game" as long as you do the motions you should get to the same solution every time, or at least make mistakes that can be easily fixed by repeating a step on problem tiles. that's probably why it seems so impossible - if you find it difficult to follow other people's words or images, then it IS gonna be difficult, because there is nothing to solve. you are not meant to think about how to do the game, you are meant to follow step-by-step guides without understanding the mechanics.

maybe that's what trips some people up? i've asked the question before and i wonder if explaining the mechanics might help a little, as someone who just did not get it until i reorganized what the hell people were talking about in every guide into smaller steps...?
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
What really helped me get the hang on memorizing the patterns (because that's all it ends up being, pattern memorization- I still have no idea how the mechanics actually work) is opening two windows and having both on the screen at the same time. One window for the guide the other for the game, so that way I didn't need to constantly switch back and forth and lose my place on the guide or what ever.

Then just follow the guide slowly. Eventually I didn't need the guide anymore.
What really helped me get the hang on memorizing the patterns (because that's all it ends up being, pattern memorization- I still have no idea how the mechanics actually work) is opening two windows and having both on the screen at the same time. One window for the guide the other for the game, so that way I didn't need to constantly switch back and forth and lose my place on the guide or what ever.

Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2021-10-15 13:18:13" ] What really helped me get the hang on memorizing the patterns (because that's all it ends up being, pattern memorization- I still have no idea how the mechanics actually work) is opening two windows and having both on the screen at the same time. One window for the guide the other for the game, so that way I didn't need to constantly switch back and forth and lose my place on the guide or what ever. Then just follow the guide slowly. Eventually I didn't need the guide anymore. [/quote] this how i learned to do it too! memorizing the patterns is the key to solving g&g and other puzzles like it.
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2021-10-15 13:18:13:

this how i learned to do it too! memorizing the patterns is the key to solving g&g and other puzzles like it.
on the lookout for a Cream/Stonewash XYY G1!FBE5aoM.gifMM4mvgi.png
[quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-13 07:21:53" ] [quote name="BigSisterMoon" date="2021-10-13 07:10:36" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-13 07:08:48" ] [quote name="BigSisterMoon" date="2021-10-13 07:07:02" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-13 07:06:03" ] there's a lot of guides out there that let you win every time in as short a time as possible! just takes some time to learn it but i feel you. that was pretty much the prevailing opinion just after the game was added, too :P [/quote] I literally do not understand anything this guide says, its impossible. [/quote] which guide? it often takes some time finding one that works for you (and in all honesty there's a lot of vague ones out there) [/quote] I said "This" my mistake. And I am trying to use this one but I don't get any of it. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115 Please, I just want money for the raffle T^T [/quote] alright, so method 2 for hard difficulty is what i typically use these days - i'll try and explain it using that guide? the first step is to clear as much of the board as possible. starting from the top, and going from left to right, you just click the tiles to the bottom right of each yellow tile. doing this thoroughly should bring the yellow tiles down to the bottom of the board. if a tile can't move further then that's fine, because that's what you'll fix in the second part of the solution. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ACgDYJc.png[/img] once the only yellow tiles left are in this area, you can continue on to the next step... [img]https://i.imgur.com/aQs75or.png[/img] ...for which you can check this image. basically, you now have to (counter-intuitively) click tiles in the top row, according to what tiles you have left at the bottom: [LIST] [*]click tile 1 if tile A is yellow, [*]click tile 2 if tile B is yellow, [*]and click tile 3 if tiles C and D are not the same color. [/LIST] after that, you repeat step 1 - going through the entire board again and slowly working the yellow tiles down - which, this time, should result in the entire board getting cleared and you winning! this is a method that's fairly easy to memorize, though it does require a bit of practice (as do all methods) - i hope this helps a bit! [/quote] This post is ages old but I was looking for something else, stumbled across this, and this was the *first* time I was able to understand how to do the hard version of this game. Thank you so much!
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-13 07:21:53:
BigSisterMoon wrote on 2021-10-13 07:10:36:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-13 07:08:48:
BigSisterMoon wrote on 2021-10-13 07:07:02:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-13 07:06:03:
there's a lot of guides out there that let you win every time in as short a time as possible! just takes some time to learn it

but i feel you. that was pretty much the prevailing opinion just after the game was added, too :P
I literally do not understand anything this guide says, its impossible.
which guide? it often takes some time finding one that works for you (and in all honesty there's a lot of vague ones out there)
I said "This" my mistake.
And I am trying to use this one but I don't get any of it.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115
Please, I just want money for the raffle T^T
alright, so method 2 for hard difficulty is what i typically use these days - i'll try and explain it using that guide?

the first step is to clear as much of the board as possible. starting from the top, and going from left to right, you just click the tiles to the bottom right of each yellow tile. doing this thoroughly should bring the yellow tiles down to the bottom of the board. if a tile can't move further then that's fine, because that's what you'll fix in the second part of the solution.

ACgDYJc.png
once the only yellow tiles left are in this area, you can continue on to the next step...

aQs75or.png
...for which you can check this image. basically, you now have to (counter-intuitively) click tiles in the top row, according to what tiles you have left at the bottom:
  • click tile 1 if tile A is yellow,
  • click tile 2 if tile B is yellow,
  • and click tile 3 if tiles C and D are not the same color.

after that, you repeat step 1 - going through the entire board again and slowly working the yellow tiles down - which, this time, should result in the entire board getting cleared and you winning!

this is a method that's fairly easy to memorize, though it does require a bit of practice (as do all methods) - i hope this helps a bit!

This post is ages old but I was looking for something else, stumbled across this, and this was the *first* time I was able to understand how to do the hard version of this game. Thank you so much!
i agree *alien emoji*

/j
i agree *alien emoji*

/j
ExoticButters171
He/H
im
Feel free to size=7]ping :D
Mascot
Chaotic Neutral
cry about my font sizes, "Nightmare King".
I am not an alien. It would be super cool, but definitely not. lol
I am not an alien. It would be super cool, but definitely not. lol
I feel for you folks out there. I felt like I couldn't figure it out and it took me multiple attempts over the years. It was only this year that it finally clicked for me. It's pattern memorization, once you get the pattern down you can forget the rest. I forced myself to play once every day. It was very frustrating especially for someone who's never been good at puzzles or patterns. But eventually it stuck. I believe in you!
I feel for you folks out there. I felt like I couldn't figure it out and it took me multiple attempts over the years. It was only this year that it finally clicked for me. It's pattern memorization, once you get the pattern down you can forget the rest. I forced myself to play once every day. It was very frustrating especially for someone who's never been good at puzzles or patterns. But eventually it stuck. I believe in you!
tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png t0QOcry.png
[quote name="strays" date="2023-12-18 21:39:00" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-13 07:21:53" ] [quote name="BigSisterMoon" date="2021-10-13 07:10:36" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-13 07:08:48" ] [quote name="BigSisterMoon" date="2021-10-13 07:07:02" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-13 07:06:03" ] there's a lot of guides out there that let you win every time in as short a time as possible! just takes some time to learn it but i feel you. that was pretty much the prevailing opinion just after the game was added, too :P [/quote] I literally do not understand anything this guide says, its impossible. [/quote] which guide? it often takes some time finding one that works for you (and in all honesty there's a lot of vague ones out there) [/quote] I said "This" my mistake. And I am trying to use this one but I don't get any of it. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115 Please, I just want money for the raffle T^T [/quote] alright, so method 2 for hard difficulty is what i typically use these days - i'll try and explain it using that guide? the first step is to clear as much of the board as possible. starting from the top, and going from left to right, you just click the tiles to the bottom right of each yellow tile. doing this thoroughly should bring the yellow tiles down to the bottom of the board. if a tile can't move further then that's fine, because that's what you'll fix in the second part of the solution. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ACgDYJc.png[/img] once the only yellow tiles left are in this area, you can continue on to the next step... [img]https://i.imgur.com/aQs75or.png[/img] ...for which you can check this image. basically, you now have to (counter-intuitively) click tiles in the top row, according to what tiles you have left at the bottom: [LIST] [*]click tile 1 if tile A is yellow, [*]click tile 2 if tile B is yellow, [*]and click tile 3 if tiles C and D are not the same color. [/LIST] after that, you repeat step 1 - going through the entire board again and slowly working the yellow tiles down - which, this time, should result in the entire board getting cleared and you winning! this is a method that's fairly easy to memorize, though it does require a bit of practice (as do all methods) - i hope this helps a bit! [/quote] This post is ages old but I was looking for something else, stumbled across this, and this was the *first* time I was able to understand how to do the hard version of this game. Thank you so much! [/quote] This is the method I use for Hard, and yes, it's easy to use, and quick to memorise. I like it the best of any method I've seen. It might be slower than other methods, maybe? But it requires the least brain power IME.
strays wrote on 2023-12-18 21:39:00:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-13 07:21:53:
BigSisterMoon wrote on 2021-10-13 07:10:36:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-13 07:08:48:
BigSisterMoon wrote on 2021-10-13 07:07:02:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-13 07:06:03:
there's a lot of guides out there that let you win every time in as short a time as possible! just takes some time to learn it

but i feel you. that was pretty much the prevailing opinion just after the game was added, too :P
I literally do not understand anything this guide says, its impossible.
which guide? it often takes some time finding one that works for you (and in all honesty there's a lot of vague ones out there)
I said "This" my mistake.
And I am trying to use this one but I don't get any of it.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115
Please, I just want money for the raffle T^T
alright, so method 2 for hard difficulty is what i typically use these days - i'll try and explain it using that guide?

the first step is to clear as much of the board as possible. starting from the top, and going from left to right, you just click the tiles to the bottom right of each yellow tile. doing this thoroughly should bring the yellow tiles down to the bottom of the board. if a tile can't move further then that's fine, because that's what you'll fix in the second part of the solution.

ACgDYJc.png
once the only yellow tiles left are in this area, you can continue on to the next step...

aQs75or.png
...for which you can check this image. basically, you now have to (counter-intuitively) click tiles in the top row, according to what tiles you have left at the bottom:
  • click tile 1 if tile A is yellow,
  • click tile 2 if tile B is yellow,
  • and click tile 3 if tiles C and D are not the same color.

after that, you repeat step 1 - going through the entire board again and slowly working the yellow tiles down - which, this time, should result in the entire board getting cleared and you winning!

this is a method that's fairly easy to memorize, though it does require a bit of practice (as do all methods) - i hope this helps a bit!

This post is ages old but I was looking for something else, stumbled across this, and this was the *first* time I was able to understand how to do the hard version of this game. Thank you so much!

This is the method I use for Hard, and yes, it's easy to use, and quick to memorise. I like it the best of any method I've seen. It might be slower than other methods, maybe? But it requires the least brain power IME.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
Just do what i did. Do the sandwitch method and memorise the solutiom codes for each tile and whole rows of tiles and combine them on the fly.

Negates the need to use a solving tools and I can do them on my phone in the supermarket line.
Just do what i did. Do the sandwitch method and memorise the solutiom codes for each tile and whole rows of tiles and combine them on the fly.

Negates the need to use a solving tools and I can do them on my phone in the supermarket line.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13