Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hear me out . . . Cooking
1 2
I would absolutely LOVE to see a cooking mechanic maybe in the trading post area that allows you to make different receipes with the food you can gather in game. prehapes it can equal slightly more food points than normal grub
I would absolutely LOVE to see a cooking mechanic maybe in the trading post area that allows you to make different receipes with the food you can gather in game. prehapes it can equal slightly more food points than normal grub

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
Support!

I'd love to see it implemented in a less rigid way than the current crafting NPCs, too.
For example, the NPC asks you for flowers to make a brightly-coloured salad, and instead of requesting one specific type of food, you can give them a variety of flowers as long as they total at least X amount of food points. A game bird soup would have a list of birds that look like they should qualify. A fillet that accepts only large, bony fish. And so on!
Support!

I'd love to see it implemented in a less rigid way than the current crafting NPCs, too.
For example, the NPC asks you for flowers to make a brightly-coloured salad, and instead of requesting one specific type of food, you can give them a variety of flowers as long as they total at least X amount of food points. A game bird soup would have a list of birds that look like they should qualify. A fillet that accepts only large, bony fish. And so on!
bloop beep
Support support support
I absolutely love cooking mechanics in games + I sometimes struggle to get enough food for all my dragons + ID LOVE A CHEF NPC!?

YES, SO MUCH
Support support support
I absolutely love cooking mechanics in games + I sometimes struggle to get enough food for all my dragons + ID LOVE A CHEF NPC!?

YES, SO MUCH
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
I support this, but it has to function distinctively enough to not feel like a Baldwin or Swipp reskin.
I support this, but it has to function distinctively enough to not feel like a Baldwin or Swipp reskin.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I always love seeing more NPC shops, and I'd love anything cooking related!

I wonder if it could somehow work out to have a function where you could "spend" food points to get food items through a cooking NPC? Maybe balanced somehow so it's not just a 1:1 trade, in case that's an concern, but it'd be nice sometimes to un-convert food points and be able to sell or trade them away. Something like trading 10 food points gives an item worth 8 points? (Though, hopefully with the ability to do a stack at a time, haha)
I always love seeing more NPC shops, and I'd love anything cooking related!

I wonder if it could somehow work out to have a function where you could "spend" food points to get food items through a cooking NPC? Maybe balanced somehow so it's not just a 1:1 trade, in case that's an concern, but it'd be nice sometimes to un-convert food points and be able to sell or trade them away. Something like trading 10 food points gives an item worth 8 points? (Though, hopefully with the ability to do a stack at a time, haha)
he/they
Still looking for a copy of Accent: Grand Romance! :')
I already said support but I can't help myself

Imagine actual food items that aren't natural foods! Real(-ish) cakes (more cake like than the anniversary ones), pies, meats(steak, burgers, ect), and more!
I would LOVE seeing new food items closer to real life food, if for nothing else than the tool-tips
I already said support but I can't help myself

Imagine actual food items that aren't natural foods! Real(-ish) cakes (more cake like than the anniversary ones), pies, meats(steak, burgers, ect), and more!
I would LOVE seeing new food items closer to real life food, if for nothing else than the tool-tips
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
It'd be a fun way to feed your lair. Making a high food point item from a couple of low point ones from gathering would be a nice alternative to just buying stacks/for people who can't or dont want to coli.
Could also use more than just food items-- maybe you need to provide some misc and material items, like a pot, kettle, salt, etc.

I also like Gloomy's idea of trading in food points for stuff. Maybe themed apparel? I have a lot of them that I do not use from before I was a monolair and it would be nice to have them gone lol.
Would also incentivise crafting those high food point items to convert and then trade in, so people who don't have trouble feeding their lair would still benefit and participate.
It'd be a fun way to feed your lair. Making a high food point item from a couple of low point ones from gathering would be a nice alternative to just buying stacks/for people who can't or dont want to coli.
Could also use more than just food items-- maybe you need to provide some misc and material items, like a pot, kettle, salt, etc.

I also like Gloomy's idea of trading in food points for stuff. Maybe themed apparel? I have a lot of them that I do not use from before I was a monolair and it would be nice to have them gone lol.
Would also incentivise crafting those high food point items to convert and then trade in, so people who don't have trouble feeding their lair would still benefit and participate.
Uw1G2JB.png
Absolute support.

Cooking is just a fun thing to be able to do! Plus, with the Lore updates and the desire to make more emphasis on multiculturalism as a theme, wouldn't cooking be a wonderful way to incorporate some of that with gameplay mechanics? There's a whole section from the Harpies on their food culture, I'd love to unlock recipes through interacting with them in that upcoming questline feature.

I also second the idea of cooking not being completely "strict." Make some recipes REQUIRE a certain ingredient (Strangler Stir Fry for example requiring Strangler Root), but also a number of "tags" so you can make substitutions.
So, all "meat" gets a tag, "salad leaf" gets a tag, "vegetable," "egg," "sweetener," etc.

Point-based cooking would still be neat too, I'd be happy with anything as long as we got cooking, but I'm the sort of person who loves collecting ingredients so I'd love specific recipes to still be around.

As for rewards, apparel and familiars feel obvious, but maybe also better battle items? Make it so you can't take them into PVP, but if you eat one in battle, you can AOE heal your party, boost your breath bar, temporarily boost health, etc. Stuff made specifically to be consumed by coli grinders.
Absolute support.

Cooking is just a fun thing to be able to do! Plus, with the Lore updates and the desire to make more emphasis on multiculturalism as a theme, wouldn't cooking be a wonderful way to incorporate some of that with gameplay mechanics? There's a whole section from the Harpies on their food culture, I'd love to unlock recipes through interacting with them in that upcoming questline feature.

I also second the idea of cooking not being completely "strict." Make some recipes REQUIRE a certain ingredient (Strangler Stir Fry for example requiring Strangler Root), but also a number of "tags" so you can make substitutions.
So, all "meat" gets a tag, "salad leaf" gets a tag, "vegetable," "egg," "sweetener," etc.

Point-based cooking would still be neat too, I'd be happy with anything as long as we got cooking, but I'm the sort of person who loves collecting ingredients so I'd love specific recipes to still be around.

As for rewards, apparel and familiars feel obvious, but maybe also better battle items? Make it so you can't take them into PVP, but if you eat one in battle, you can AOE heal your party, boost your breath bar, temporarily boost health, etc. Stuff made specifically to be consumed by coli grinders.
Support!! Would be a great way to use up duplicate food items we collect when grinding in the coliseum.
Support!! Would be a great way to use up duplicate food items we collect when grinding in the coliseum.
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
I love this because I have chef dragon lore and it would be fun to have them cook things for real for the hoard!
I love this because I have chef dragon lore and it would be fun to have them cook things for real for the hoard!
34.pnggamlBWq.png
1 2