Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's an invasive species in your area?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
The only ones I know about are wallabies, Indian ringnecks, and Asian hornets (I'm terrified of those). I live in western Europe. :,)
The only ones I know about are wallabies, Indian ringnecks, and Asian hornets (I'm terrified of those). I live in western Europe. :,)
pSn2GKM.png
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/Rode_amerikaanse_rivierkreeft%2C_Red_Swamp_Crayfish%2C_Procambarus_clarkii_04.jpg/1280px-Rode_amerikaanse_rivierkreeft%2C_Red_Swamp_Crayfish%2C_Procambarus_clarkii_04.jpg[/img] The red swamp crayfish. You can try finding some of the local freshwater crab species, but chances are that you'll encounter the red swamp crayfish instead. [quote name="Wissssssss" date="2023-12-11 19:54:58" ] The only ones I know about are wallabies, Indian ringnecks, and Asian hornets (I'm terrified of those). I live in western Europe. :,) [/quote] Oh god not the hornets. I've only seen one in my life in northern Spain but I don't wanna see one ever again. It was during late autumn too, so it was very unexpected
1280px-Rode_amerikaanse_rivierkreeft%2C_Red_Swamp_Crayfish%2C_Procambarus_clarkii_04.jpg

The red swamp crayfish. You can try finding some of the local freshwater crab species, but chances are that you'll encounter the red swamp crayfish instead.
Wissssssss wrote on 2023-12-11 19:54:58:

Oh god not the hornets. I've only seen one in my life in northern Spain but I don't wanna see one ever again. It was during late autumn too, so it was very unexpected
wb_aeth.png
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
dEe2UrM.png
mjtJ868.png       
LGvol4P.png
AFDqeiv.gif
i only know about palm moths (paysandisia archon) for sure
got to catch one of those and theyre very big and noisy, ultimately i felt bad not to release it though, sorry palms :p
i only know about palm moths (paysandisia archon) for sure
got to catch one of those and theyre very big and noisy, ultimately i felt bad not to release it though, sorry palms :p
Lots of invasive stuff, from land plants to water creatures. Overlaps with other locations too of course. Recently the spotted lanternfly made it to my area too.
Lots of invasive stuff, from land plants to water creatures. Overlaps with other locations too of course. Recently the spotted lanternfly made it to my area too.

water.gif
XC93sMs.png
pLcovI9.png
92n1dwB.png
G1BsL0x.png
eswSnrS.png
SKeDIUd.png
This is how I learned there are wallabies in Europe, that's so funny. They sure do be escaping captivity!
This is how I learned there are wallabies in Europe, that's so funny. They sure do be escaping captivity!
someone said zebra muscles and i have to agree! i live in the northeast US and it was hit the worst there esp the lakes directly from what i remember back in the 2010 era or so but im probably misremembering
someone said zebra muscles and i have to agree! i live in the northeast US and it was hit the worst there esp the lakes directly from what i remember back in the 2010 era or so but im probably misremembering
The rose-ringed parakeet is pretty common here. In terms of plants, there's a lot of horseweed and ragwort. (The Netherlands)
The rose-ringed parakeet is pretty common here. In terms of plants, there's a lot of horseweed and ragwort. (The Netherlands)
fhL4EEQ.png
jgeciGJ.png
G976jQG.png
bIcdn3S.png
l3R7Ulc.png
Zebra mussels have been a problem for as long as I can remember, but you know what else is an issue in the Great Lakes?

Invasive carp. There are several species of these things, and they can get really big. There’s also lampreys(yup, the bloodsuckers) and round gobies, but the carp… ugh.
Zebra mussels have been a problem for as long as I can remember, but you know what else is an issue in the Great Lakes?

Invasive carp. There are several species of these things, and they can get really big. There’s also lampreys(yup, the bloodsuckers) and round gobies, but the carp… ugh.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Humans D:
Humans D:
SIG-02.png
Asian lady beetles!! They mimic ladybugs, but are more orange with larger spots and noticeably different bodily structures. Honestly, I'm not sure if there are any ladybugs in my state since I'm pretty sure they can't handle our weather conditions. You'll find lots of articles saying "ladybugs move indoors during the winter" ...no, those are not the ladybugs you think they are. In fact, Asian lady beetles prefer manmade structures over the outdoors. [img]https://phl17.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2021/11/beetle.png[/img] Also, @NightmareValley ...yes. Yes. That.
Asian lady beetles!! They mimic ladybugs, but are more orange with larger spots and noticeably different bodily structures. Honestly, I'm not sure if there are any ladybugs in my state since I'm pretty sure they can't handle our weather conditions. You'll find lots of articles saying "ladybugs move indoors during the winter" ...no, those are not the ladybugs you think they are. In fact, Asian lady beetles prefer manmade structures over the outdoors.
beetle.png

Also, @NightmareValley ...yes. Yes. That.
vista_pc1.png tumblr_inline_npnp18JbGz1r3ign3_100.pngxr2RyRv.pngtumblr_inline_no4ddqvuJ71r3ign3_100.png vista_pc1.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18