Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What kind of venom?
1 2
I haven't read the lore yet. I find it funny they're named and designed after boas which are non-venomous.

But yet their head looks more like a viper. So a viper boa hybrid. For their venom I'd lean more towards how a viper's venom works.

Though my personal head cannon they're non-venomous and constrict prey items.
I haven't read the lore yet. I find it funny they're named and designed after boas which are non-venomous.

But yet their head looks more like a viper. So a viper boa hybrid. For their venom I'd lean more towards how a viper's venom works.

Though my personal head cannon they're non-venomous and constrict prey items.
FeIiZnO.png
I've kind of always had a headcanon that the Nature Ancient (Auraboa) would have some involvement with the Seed and the Sickness. So my my headcanon is mostly just a theory on how they relate. So here it is:

Auraboa have a sort of neurotoxin that links prey into the Loop and functions in the brain similarly to how new-gen auras connect to the Loop. This ultimately turns the victim to insanity as the toxin continues to seep in. Unless they, and the Auraboa, know that they're in the Loop. Then the effect's mostly diminished.

The game theory is basically some dragon went out, milked Auraboa venom (or somehow got an Auraboa to agree to the scheme) then they injected the venom into Liefa which ultimately made her go insane and release the first seed.
I've kind of always had a headcanon that the Nature Ancient (Auraboa) would have some involvement with the Seed and the Sickness. So my my headcanon is mostly just a theory on how they relate. So here it is:

Auraboa have a sort of neurotoxin that links prey into the Loop and functions in the brain similarly to how new-gen auras connect to the Loop. This ultimately turns the victim to insanity as the toxin continues to seep in. Unless they, and the Auraboa, know that they're in the Loop. Then the effect's mostly diminished.

The game theory is basically some dragon went out, milked Auraboa venom (or somehow got an Auraboa to agree to the scheme) then they injected the venom into Liefa which ultimately made her go insane and release the first seed.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
@2Blue2BTrue that is. literally SO cool and i am adding it to my worldview effective immediately thanks [emoji=cat 2 size=1]
@2Blue2BTrue

that is. literally SO cool and i am adding it to my worldview effective immediately thanks
nzqnkq.png
Hear me out:

Magical venom

uwu
Hear me out:

Magical venom

uwu
SIG-02.png
new idea: Auraboa venom literally turns prey into stone. Like basilisks. (or maybe just Earth Auraboas.)

Maybe one fang is for turning to stone and the other is an antidote to turn them back. It's very convenient to have prey instantly turn to stone so you can snack on them later.
new idea: Auraboa venom literally turns prey into stone. Like basilisks. (or maybe just Earth Auraboas.)

Maybe one fang is for turning to stone and the other is an antidote to turn them back. It's very convenient to have prey instantly turn to stone so you can snack on them later.
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I think it would be funny if every flight except for plague had venom. Plague flight Auraboas instead have a ton of bacteria in their mouths so their bites usually get badly infected.
I think it would be funny if every flight except for plague had venom. Plague flight Auraboas instead have a ton of bacteria in their mouths so their bites usually get badly infected.
3P334Mh.gifur1aRQ7.gifXT6s1Yv.gif5hHSdlu.gifNyJQIV5.gif
I feel like they're like cone snails, each one has a unique blend of venom to them specifically. Maybe you can throw in the different flights things for good measure.
I feel like they're like cone snails, each one has a unique blend of venom to them specifically. Maybe you can throw in the different flights things for good measure.
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
[quote name="Pocketdog" date="2023-11-21 21:53:28" ] @Strangeflesh For the record, Komodo dragons do actually have venom! (The confusion is understandable, there was a lot of back-and-forth on this for a while.) The diseases Plague dragons carry sure aren't helping matters though, Personally I'm leaning towards neurotoxic, something paralytic to catch agile prey that might otherwise escape even their deft branch manipulation. Apparently a significant amount of trees are neurotoxic too, so it'd make sense thematically! [/quote] wait is it that trees are neurotoxic, or did you mean tree snakes & missed a word. Thats super cool either way!
Pocketdog wrote on 2023-11-21 21:53:28:
@Strangeflesh For the record, Komodo dragons do actually have venom! (The confusion is understandable, there was a lot of back-and-forth on this for a while.) The diseases Plague dragons carry sure aren't helping matters though,

Personally I'm leaning towards neurotoxic, something paralytic to catch agile prey that might otherwise escape even their deft branch manipulation. Apparently a significant amount of trees are neurotoxic too, so it'd make sense thematically!
wait is it that trees are neurotoxic, or did you mean tree snakes & missed a word. Thats super cool either way!
6dXqr4R.png
I think the plague auraboas should have necrotoxins, it’s pretty on brand for the plague flight I think
I think the plague auraboas should have necrotoxins, it’s pretty on brand for the plague flight I think
A sideways aromantic flag next to the word ‘aromantic’A sideways asexual flag next to the word ‘asexual’A sideways agender flag next to the words ‘they/them’
divider
hi there, i have no clue what im doing
please ping me in all replies!
Fandragons | Wishlist
1 2