Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding pair trends?
1 2
There's certainly something to be said for a reliable pair who give exactly what you want every time, but I also find that I like having magical mystery pairs! There's nothing quite like the thrill of hatching something stunning by chance!

Do you guys go for reliability, variety, or both, when making breeding pairs?
There's certainly something to be said for a reliable pair who give exactly what you want every time, but I also find that I like having magical mystery pairs! There's nothing quite like the thrill of hatching something stunning by chance!

Do you guys go for reliability, variety, or both, when making breeding pairs?
My Plague Doctor Picture book THE DOCTOR AND THE DRAGON is now for sale!Clearly you already like dragons...but what about plague doctors?
I would say reliability personally. I look for dragons that have stuff I would like mixed, but the colors stay relatively similar to each other. I usually do the preview offspring thing, check it a few times, and if I see dragons I don't like in each refresh I don't go for it. There are some pairs I have tried though that were random, and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised!
I would say reliability personally. I look for dragons that have stuff I would like mixed, but the colors stay relatively similar to each other. I usually do the preview offspring thing, check it a few times, and if I see dragons I don't like in each refresh I don't go for it. There are some pairs I have tried though that were random, and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised!
I have reliable variety lol orca/orca/mauve and orca/orca/swamp for example. With soap the result makes me giddy because they all look entirely different. I also have pairs with tight ranges, some xerox pairs. Mostly subspecies.
I have reliable variety lol orca/orca/mauve and orca/orca/swamp for example. With soap the result makes me giddy because they all look entirely different. I also have pairs with tight ranges, some xerox pairs. Mostly subspecies.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Generally speaking, I try to have my breeding pairs stay within a range of greens, as seen [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/334189/1768565?name=&type=undefined]here[/url] my whole thing is breeding dragons who look good with wind eyes. I like dragons with matching eyes, and I like breeding dragons who have nice mathcing eyes. However, with many of the genes I've chosen there is a variety. I find having dragons that produce the same thing over and over again a tad boring. Hence why my Spring winds pair that looks like this: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76877866][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/768779/76877866_350.png[/img][/url] Only breed once in a while, they are the exact same. Always Honeydew Petals, Honeydew Butterfly, Blush underbelly. Don't get me wrong, consistent dragons are nice but I find it personally looses some of the charm from breeding.
Generally speaking, I try to have my breeding pairs stay within a range of greens, as seen here my whole thing is breeding dragons who look good with wind eyes. I like dragons with matching eyes, and I like breeding dragons who have nice mathcing eyes. However, with many of the genes I've chosen there is a variety. I find having dragons that produce the same thing over and over again a tad boring. Hence why my Spring winds pair that looks like this:
76877866_350.png
Only breed once in a while, they are the exact same. Always Honeydew Petals, Honeydew Butterfly, Blush underbelly. Don't get me wrong, consistent dragons are nice but I find it personally looses some of the charm from breeding.
heyZH2H.png
9R2Unq1.png
mjtJ868.png
wh3Tiip.png
RtSltil.png
YMPbu9R.png

Welcome to the Forgotten Gale. Every dragon that joins the Gale forgets their past memories and gets new ones, how odd... Click the Lore button to learn more
uz2jkLP.png
As much as I personally like lots of variety, their hatchlings don't tend to sell as well as the more tighter pairs, with the ones that produce parent clones selling the best/quickest. I try to go for pairs that'll give some slight variety in tert color, it's kinda the best of both worlds I think.
As much as I personally like lots of variety, their hatchlings don't tend to sell as well as the more tighter pairs, with the ones that produce parent clones selling the best/quickest. I try to go for pairs that'll give some slight variety in tert color, it's kinda the best of both worlds I think.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Good question. I'm a newer hatchery guy so I'm testing out my dragons to see which ones are selling the best. It'll tell me which dragons pairs are the favorites, therefore telling me to keep them
Good question. I'm a newer hatchery guy so I'm testing out my dragons to see which ones are selling the best. It'll tell me which dragons pairs are the favorites, therefore telling me to keep them
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Variety for fodder, reliability with a more narrow/more specific range for other pairs! Honestly, some of my fodder pairs end up having the prettiest/most interesting combinations, though.
Variety for fodder, reliability with a more narrow/more specific range for other pairs! Honestly, some of my fodder pairs end up having the prettiest/most interesting combinations, though.
A pixel button that reads 'wishlist' and links to my wishlist.
A pixel button that reads 'avatar dragon' and links to my avatar dragon.
A pixel button that reads 'about' and links to my extended about.
A pixel button that reads 'For Sale'.
A pixel button that reads 'den slot tasks' and links to a list of items I currently need for my latest hibernal den slots.
A pixel button that reads 'they/them'. These are my pronouns.
A pixel button that reads 'trans'. Referring to the fact that I am transgender.
A pixel button that reads 'autistic', referring to the fact that I am autistic.
A pixel button that reads 'disabled', referring to the fact that I am physically disabled.
A pixel button that reads 'wheelchair user', referring to the fact that I use a wheelchair.

Call me Ainsley!
Discord: ainsleys
LF Accent: Paper Cranes | Please DM me if you have it!
Celebratory G1 Hatching!
I've been making some G1 pairs lately! Typically the colors are fairly close and/or the hatchlings look nice. Not particularly tight or varied
I've been making some G1 pairs lately! Typically the colors are fairly close and/or the hatchlings look nice. Not particularly tight or varied
1) Find a dragon you like
2) Search for the same color
3) You discover that it's not very popular
4) Create a pair. As narrow as possible

I mean, I think that reliability is more important.

(looks at the pair with color palette as wide as the Pacific Oceans) Maybe not.

+
And my opinion is probably irrelevant, I'm always stuck with lair space lel
1) Find a dragon you like
2) Search for the same color
3) You discover that it's not very popular
4) Create a pair. As narrow as possible

I mean, I think that reliability is more important.

(looks at the pair with color palette as wide as the Pacific Oceans) Maybe not.

+
And my opinion is probably irrelevant, I'm always stuck with lair space lel
2OTuj7X.png XShcv.gif Free Familiar Delivery Service
[Shop] Windswept Bazaar
A [hatchery] with no intention of selling
Clan's Lineage
For profits or a hatchery, reliability. But for my fodder, I like crazy pairs (ie. my progens) because sometimes the hatchlings can be pretty-- or horrific, but it doesn't matter cause they're going to the Boss anyway!
For profits or a hatchery, reliability. But for my fodder, I like crazy pairs (ie. my progens) because sometimes the hatchlings can be pretty-- or horrific, but it doesn't matter cause they're going to the Boss anyway!
3UUXp8G.png
1 2