Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Auraboa Dragons
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
I love the new feathered snakes! [emoji=auraboa love size=2]
I love the new feathered snakes!
Oh man, I love that Willow gene!!! <3 Can't wait to hatch my eggs (I'm waiting 'til my FR anniversary)
Oh man, I love that Willow gene!!! <3 Can't wait to hatch my eggs (I'm waiting 'til my FR anniversary)

71123971.png

Come visit my free hatchery, Leaves of Teahl, for pretty dragons,
or come order a Sushi Dragon!

84058838.png
AAAAA THEY ARE SO FREAKING COOL WHAT THE HECKKKKKK
AAAAA THEY ARE SO FREAKING COOL WHAT THE HECKKKKKK
[quote name="Undel" date="2023-11-21 10:47:21" ] [b][size=5]Auraboa Dragons[/size][/b] The ancient tenders of [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?poi=71&view=land&viewpin=true]the Behemoth[/url][/b] had everything they thought they would ever need: the Gladekeeper, the Tree and the Loop. But after the events of the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki/article/bounty-of-the-elements]Bounty of the Elements[/url][/b], the newest generation of Auraboa finds that it wants to learn of the outside world, and connect with those outside their ancestral homeland and unique bond. [center][img alt="A set of three Auraboa. The Auraboa are a serpentine breed with 6 sets of feathered wings, the first of which also functions as a pair of front arms. The female auraboa in shades of muted green coils in the upper right. A male auraboa in striped shades of brilliant green faces inquisitively towards the left side of the canvas. The hatchling is in the lower right, and has larger facial features than the adults, with huge eyes. They are in shades of goldish green."]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/hissybabies.png[/img][/center] [/quote] The image description is wrong, it notes "6 sets of wings" when it should be 3!
Undel wrote on 2023-11-21 10:47:21:
Auraboa Dragons
The ancient tenders of the Behemoth had everything they thought they would ever need: the Gladekeeper, the Tree and the Loop. But after the events of the Bounty of the Elements, the newest generation of Auraboa finds that it wants to learn of the outside world, and connect with those outside their ancestral homeland and unique bond.
A set of three Auraboa. The Auraboa are a serpentine breed with 6 sets of feathered wings, the first of which also functions as a pair of front arms. The female auraboa in shades of muted green coils in the upper right. A male auraboa in striped shades of brilliant green faces inquisitively towards the left side of the canvas. The hatchling is in the lower right, and has larger facial features than the adults, with huge eyes. They are in shades of goldish green.

The image description is wrong, it notes "6 sets of wings" when it should be 3!
I love their genes. Especially Medusa and willow.
I love their genes. Especially Medusa and willow.
they are absolutely perfect SOB!!!!!!!
they are absolutely perfect SOB!!!!!!!
aade3ec0e7a79dc04d588649ba46f67c97adddbb.gif
I’m SO excited for the new dragons but I have some significant concerns. the dragons feature a Eurocentric amalgamation of cultures that are inappropriately applied. For instance what appears to be an Aztec Quetzalcoatl dragon is also adorned with a seemingly Lakota headdress. While the design looks wonderful, it’s a common Eurocentric misconception to mix the designs and cultural traits of these very different indigenous groups into a false homogenous entity. The lore itself while interesting also falls in the same category of a deeply rooted colonizer story. I can understand the desire to write the Auraboas lore along those lines, but it still comes across as both deeply flawed and culturally offensive. I’d love to see these problems addressed going forward while also maintaining the artistic integrity and vision for the Auraboas.
I’m SO excited for the new dragons but I have some significant concerns. the dragons feature a Eurocentric amalgamation of cultures that are inappropriately applied. For instance what appears to be an Aztec Quetzalcoatl dragon is also adorned with a seemingly Lakota headdress. While the design looks wonderful, it’s a common Eurocentric misconception to mix the designs and cultural traits of these very different indigenous groups into a false homogenous entity. The lore itself while interesting also falls in the same category of a deeply rooted colonizer story. I can understand the desire to write the Auraboas lore along those lines, but it still comes across as both deeply flawed and culturally offensive. I’d love to see these problems addressed going forward while also maintaining the artistic integrity and vision for the Auraboas.
g. he/it. 28. eng/ukrainian.
Looking good!
Love the new dragons. They're so cute.
Looking good!
Love the new dragons. They're so cute.
the little paws!!!! [emoji=wildclaw love size=1]
the little paws!!!!
I agree with @gxuboy, there’s some serious issues with the design and lore to be addressed.
I agree with @gxuboy, there’s some serious issues with the design and lore to be addressed.
free palestine
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87