Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 34
full support. these items are still pretty much desireable and they will keep value for some long time before slowly dropping down. there is so many items in jox box (and I think new fest stuff is added maybe little too fast but ah well, happy for more chances at halos) that by just putting them by lower rate it will be all fine
full support. these items are still pretty much desireable and they will keep value for some long time before slowly dropping down. there is so many items in jox box (and I think new fest stuff is added maybe little too fast but ah well, happy for more chances at halos) that by just putting them by lower rate it will be all fine
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Support. I sold my sprites so other players could enjoy them too, and I'd do the same with a Light Sprite if I had one. Players who weren't around to earn Y1 items in festivals or buy them before prices got crazy deserve more chances to enjoy them. Especially the apparel that isn't getting recolors.

Someone said Y2 and Y3 stuff isn't in there either. If that's true, it should also get added.
Support. I sold my sprites so other players could enjoy them too, and I'd do the same with a Light Sprite if I had one. Players who weren't around to earn Y1 items in festivals or buy them before prices got crazy deserve more chances to enjoy them. Especially the apparel that isn't getting recolors.

Someone said Y2 and Y3 stuff isn't in there either. If that's true, it should also get added.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
As someone who has played since launch and made a ton of dragondollars on year 1 festival stuff ... Still, full support. They'd still be exceedingly rare given the size of the joxbox item table, without the abject hopeless fury of losing Roundsey raffle after Roundsey raffle on the rare occasion they show up there. I don't need any of the y1 items, but would love to see more people have the chance to get them!
As someone who has played since launch and made a ton of dragondollars on year 1 festival stuff ... Still, full support. They'd still be exceedingly rare given the size of the joxbox item table, without the abject hopeless fury of losing Roundsey raffle after Roundsey raffle on the rare occasion they show up there. I don't need any of the y1 items, but would love to see more people have the chance to get them!
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
full support for all festival items being put into a joxbox. fundamentally it's bizarre and strange to have a special exception clause for these items when staff walked back permanently-retiring stuff pretty quickly afterwards and have continually made hard-to-obtain things easier to get. like just look at the change in the supply of fest currency - it's much easier to get a much larger quantity now than it ever was years ago, and this was a deliberate choice by staff.

no need to tweak the drop rates. getting any one item of the box is like buying a single lotto ticket either way.
full support for all festival items being put into a joxbox. fundamentally it's bizarre and strange to have a special exception clause for these items when staff walked back permanently-retiring stuff pretty quickly afterwards and have continually made hard-to-obtain things easier to get. like just look at the change in the supply of fest currency - it's much easier to get a much larger quantity now than it ever was years ago, and this was a deliberate choice by staff.

no need to tweak the drop rates. getting any one item of the box is like buying a single lotto ticket either way.
NY105Sx.gif
full support. I joined just too late for some of these things and with the years ive spent playing they just seem less and less accessible.
full support. I joined just too late for some of these things and with the years ive spent playing they just seem less and less accessible.
image0.gif Tf2WhDq.png
Somewhat support, but perhaps to control the inevitable crash of the economy for these items, it may make sense to only introduce them on special occasions to joxar, and they certainly need to be confined to the drop box. A lot of sellers will lose a lot of money overnight if they are introduced for a cheap price in joxar, and I'm sure it will hit hard for buyers who recently paid a fortune for the items.

Right now, since these items are already handed out in Roundsey at a very slow and controlled rate, I'm not sure the need for them to be in joxar as well. Perhaps a solution could instead involve adding a larger number of Y1 items in roundsey and on a more frequent basis. Enough to cool off the economy for those items a little and give higher chances to a lot of users to get them, but in a way that they are still somewhat limited and not obtainable at the drop of a hat.

So, to summarize, I'm in support of upping the frequency of introduction of Y1 items so that the in-game economy for them cools down to a more affordable range for players. But I'm not sure joxar is the best way to go about it unless it was a hybrid approach with Roundsey.
Somewhat support, but perhaps to control the inevitable crash of the economy for these items, it may make sense to only introduce them on special occasions to joxar, and they certainly need to be confined to the drop box. A lot of sellers will lose a lot of money overnight if they are introduced for a cheap price in joxar, and I'm sure it will hit hard for buyers who recently paid a fortune for the items.

Right now, since these items are already handed out in Roundsey at a very slow and controlled rate, I'm not sure the need for them to be in joxar as well. Perhaps a solution could instead involve adding a larger number of Y1 items in roundsey and on a more frequent basis. Enough to cool off the economy for those items a little and give higher chances to a lot of users to get them, but in a way that they are still somewhat limited and not obtainable at the drop of a hat.

So, to summarize, I'm in support of upping the frequency of introduction of Y1 items so that the in-game economy for them cools down to a more affordable range for players. But I'm not sure joxar is the best way to go about it unless it was a hybrid approach with Roundsey.
YAzXKmc.gif
Support for adding them to joxbox.

I had followed this game on and off since kickstarter and unfortunately was too busy IRL to join right away. Then I could never seem to find a registration window. The people saying that the y1 items are a reward for supporting the game early seem to forget that registration was locked for a long time. I can't imagine the number of potential players that either had to play the waiting game or gave up entirely because registration windows were so infrequent. I gave up trying for a while myself until I checked on a whim and the window happened to be open. How is that a skill issue? You didn't get into the game early due to skill, you got in if you were lucky enough to stumble onto the site during one of the fleeting registration windows.

When I eventually did join I had to play catchup. I scraped and saved all of my gems and eventually did get all of the retired familiars (except KS and Beta) and even a few apparel items. Do you know what I felt when I finally got my light sprite? Relief! Not joy, or excitement, just relief that the ordeal was over. Playing this game had become a chore because every gem, even every bit of treasure, was stuffed in my vault. I couldn't use any of it for fun. I joined in 2015 and only finished my sprite collection last year. If I had joined now and saw the prices of light sprites I would just give up. I have been playing since 2015 and I have only just discovered how much fun it is to gene dragons. I was rich but couldn't buy a single gene for years. Would I feel ripped off if a new player pulled a light sprite out of a joxbox? No. I would feel happy for them because they didn't have to go through what I did. I hate the notion of "I suffered so you should too!"

Another issue is the number of y1-3 items in inactive accounts and permanent collections. The number of available items is dwindling every year, even with Roundsey. It took me 7 years to save up for a full sprite set. Do you think I'm going to sell any of them? HECK NO! That means that although they are still on an active account they are technically out of circulation, permanently. I'm sure I'm not the only player unwilling to give theirs up.

When the Devs released eye vials they said that the new vision for the site would be that you could customize your dragons however you wanted as long as you had enough treasure. Isn't putting familiars on your dragons part of customizing them? The sprites are getting to be so expensive that no player can be reasonably expected to be able to afford one. That doesn't sound like it jives with the new site vision.
Support for adding them to joxbox.

I had followed this game on and off since kickstarter and unfortunately was too busy IRL to join right away. Then I could never seem to find a registration window. The people saying that the y1 items are a reward for supporting the game early seem to forget that registration was locked for a long time. I can't imagine the number of potential players that either had to play the waiting game or gave up entirely because registration windows were so infrequent. I gave up trying for a while myself until I checked on a whim and the window happened to be open. How is that a skill issue? You didn't get into the game early due to skill, you got in if you were lucky enough to stumble onto the site during one of the fleeting registration windows.

When I eventually did join I had to play catchup. I scraped and saved all of my gems and eventually did get all of the retired familiars (except KS and Beta) and even a few apparel items. Do you know what I felt when I finally got my light sprite? Relief! Not joy, or excitement, just relief that the ordeal was over. Playing this game had become a chore because every gem, even every bit of treasure, was stuffed in my vault. I couldn't use any of it for fun. I joined in 2015 and only finished my sprite collection last year. If I had joined now and saw the prices of light sprites I would just give up. I have been playing since 2015 and I have only just discovered how much fun it is to gene dragons. I was rich but couldn't buy a single gene for years. Would I feel ripped off if a new player pulled a light sprite out of a joxbox? No. I would feel happy for them because they didn't have to go through what I did. I hate the notion of "I suffered so you should too!"

Another issue is the number of y1-3 items in inactive accounts and permanent collections. The number of available items is dwindling every year, even with Roundsey. It took me 7 years to save up for a full sprite set. Do you think I'm going to sell any of them? HECK NO! That means that although they are still on an active account they are technically out of circulation, permanently. I'm sure I'm not the only player unwilling to give theirs up.

When the Devs released eye vials they said that the new vision for the site would be that you could customize your dragons however you wanted as long as you had enough treasure. Isn't putting familiars on your dragons part of customizing them? The sprites are getting to be so expensive that no player can be reasonably expected to be able to afford one. That doesn't sound like it jives with the new site vision.
336806_daefb7429c15321d_I.gif333647_cafe6b3c3773e3a6_I.gif
i've been supporting the re-release of first cycle fest items in some capacity since i joined and i haven't changed my mind.
i've been supporting the re-release of first cycle fest items in some capacity since i joined and i haven't changed my mind.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
support...isn't part of the reason the Y1 festival stuff so rare because quite a few of the festivals were bugged, or was it just brightshine? anyway, there's such a huge amount of joxbox drops that it's still going to need a lot of boxes to get any, let alone a specific one, so it's still a fairly long term goal.
support...isn't part of the reason the Y1 festival stuff so rare because quite a few of the festivals were bugged, or was it just brightshine? anyway, there's such a huge amount of joxbox drops that it's still going to need a lot of boxes to get any, let alone a specific one, so it's still a fairly long term goal.
Full support yea - hell even with the probability as low as it would be in the first place they can even set a custom drop rate for it if they want, make it lower than what Silverbolt calculated if they really want to. I just think having any option to get it would be better than just nothing
Full support yea - hell even with the probability as low as it would be in the first place they can even set a custom drop rate for it if they want, make it lower than what Silverbolt calculated if they really want to. I just think having any option to get it would be better than just nothing
ezgif-4-bd4873bacd.gif montro || he/him || adult
xxxxbut i stay silly :3
itrn.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 34