Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free Tiny Identity Buttons
1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 198 199
hi still totally obsessed with your buttons. ty for your contribution to my dragons pages & my clan bio. <3

(uniformity makes my neurod brain so happy)
hi still totally obsessed with your buttons. ty for your contribution to my dragons pages & my clan bio. <3

(uniformity makes my neurod brain so happy)
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. A red firecracker with a green tassel and gold decoration featuring an Imperial dragon design.
heyZH2H.png
mlHpBMC.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
@0vmum0
Saw what you said in the request doc about relationship styles & structures (polyamory, ambiamory, etc) being moved to the orientation or LGBT+ and ally section! I'm curious if anyone else has feedback on this? It's currently under "other," but if people generally agree they'd be more likely to look for it in the LGBT section I can move it!

As a polyam queer person I've generally been unsure how to categorize it - from my perspective polyamory is something that has a lot of ties to queer identity and culture but isn't exactly queer in and of itself, but other people may view it differently so I'm open to feedback (please no arguing with each other though - this is solely a question of which section you guys would be most likely look in to find it!)
@0vmum0
Saw what you said in the request doc about relationship styles & structures (polyamory, ambiamory, etc) being moved to the orientation or LGBT+ and ally section! I'm curious if anyone else has feedback on this? It's currently under "other," but if people generally agree they'd be more likely to look for it in the LGBT section I can move it!

As a polyam queer person I've generally been unsure how to categorize it - from my perspective polyamory is something that has a lot of ties to queer identity and culture but isn't exactly queer in and of itself, but other people may view it differently so I'm open to feedback (please no arguing with each other though - this is solely a question of which section you guys would be most likely look in to find it!)
They/Them (Nonbinary flag)
Trans
Autistic (Neurodiversity infinity)

Free Buttons
Nature festival familiars banner (click for art credit)
Also currently working on getting the request doc fully up to date and compiling an update of the new buttons posted since I was last online, should have that done soon!
Also currently working on getting the request doc fully up to date and compiling an update of the new buttons posted since I was last online, should have that done soon!
Trans

Free Buttons
@fluffmoth

I would certainly consider such things in the spectrum of queer and a component of identity. As someone who is polyamorous myself, i would say it's a larger part of my romantic identity than anything else. I'm also queer in a lot of other ways - im asexual, im gender (what gender? who knows, but i sure am gender), and say im gay because it's the easiest summary for 'im attracted to masc leaning people and i guess i also am masc leaning sort of' but also I could say im Pan, because Gender is an illusion when it comes to my interest in people and ive dated just as many people who identified as women or were very feminine, so. All of my identity is general a little everywhere.

And despite ALL of that, I'd still lead the conversation with the fact that I'm Poly (or Ambi), because that's had more effect on my identity and orientation and orientation than anything else ever has.

And even were I cis/het, I would still consider Polyamorous / Polysexual individuals such as myself to be on queer spectrum. The 'Normal' (blek) relationship standard of "husband and wife" would exclude a Polyamourous woman with two male partners as surely as they would exclude anyone else outside the relationship dynamic outlines as Man and Wife. After all, it's completely illegal in all 50 states of the US to have two spouses. You can't really argue, at least here in the US where I am, that polyamorous people arent seeing discrimination. I an my partners have to accept we will never marry, as it currently stands. And the point of LGBTQ+ is, after all, about solidarity for marginalized identities.

A friend of mine, who is Aro/Ace (and loves to joke about us being opposites of some sort of spectrum) has defended me and some of my partners from Poly Discourse from less-kind LGBTQ+ exclusion before using themself as an example: their orientation could just as easily be considered "Not wanting a relationship" if you misunderstand them or put all Aro/Ace people in a box. To do the same for a Polyamourous person is missing the point, in that this is how someone identifies, and the reasons of that can be complicated and more Queer than just 'dating mutliple people at once', and dismissing it as a 'lifestyle choice' is as harmful to LGBT spaces as considering leather pride or drag queens as 'not LGBT' despite that they built this community brick by brick.

... I feel like this comment got a lot longer than I was expecting it to. But that's my feedback on the topic in a philosophical manner - and as for where I would look to find it, I scoured the Identities section for ages and even started to write a request for the Poly pin before realizing it was just elsewhere, haha.

I think most people looking for it would look for them the section with other Orientation LGBT and Pride buttons. Beyond that - even if almost everyone disagreed, I think it might be logical to move the "relationship styles" tab up closer to the other Orientation tags, so as to make it easier for those looking to find them. There is, after all, an intrinsic link of 'Structures' of relationships to a persons orientation, and putting it all the way AFTER disabilities, which aren't related at all to Romantic/Sexual/Partnership Orientations. It's reasonable to assume those buttons wont exist.

TL;DR,
-I think it would be reasonable to either move them into the Orientation/LGBT tab, or move them and 'relationship' buttons to the top of the Other tab so as to make them easier to find for those who would actually be looking for them, who would assume them absent after seeing the topic change to disability', which is unrelated to partnerships and orientations.
-I absolutely consider 'Structures' as you call it to be Queer/LGBT, and there are some people who might say otherwise in a way intended to be divisive of queer Identities (and I am not accusing you or anyone of that, but stating so out of concern)
@fluffmoth

I would certainly consider such things in the spectrum of queer and a component of identity. As someone who is polyamorous myself, i would say it's a larger part of my romantic identity than anything else. I'm also queer in a lot of other ways - im asexual, im gender (what gender? who knows, but i sure am gender), and say im gay because it's the easiest summary for 'im attracted to masc leaning people and i guess i also am masc leaning sort of' but also I could say im Pan, because Gender is an illusion when it comes to my interest in people and ive dated just as many people who identified as women or were very feminine, so. All of my identity is general a little everywhere.

And despite ALL of that, I'd still lead the conversation with the fact that I'm Poly (or Ambi), because that's had more effect on my identity and orientation and orientation than anything else ever has.

And even were I cis/het, I would still consider Polyamorous / Polysexual individuals such as myself to be on queer spectrum. The 'Normal' (blek) relationship standard of "husband and wife" would exclude a Polyamourous woman with two male partners as surely as they would exclude anyone else outside the relationship dynamic outlines as Man and Wife. After all, it's completely illegal in all 50 states of the US to have two spouses. You can't really argue, at least here in the US where I am, that polyamorous people arent seeing discrimination. I an my partners have to accept we will never marry, as it currently stands. And the point of LGBTQ+ is, after all, about solidarity for marginalized identities.

A friend of mine, who is Aro/Ace (and loves to joke about us being opposites of some sort of spectrum) has defended me and some of my partners from Poly Discourse from less-kind LGBTQ+ exclusion before using themself as an example: their orientation could just as easily be considered "Not wanting a relationship" if you misunderstand them or put all Aro/Ace people in a box. To do the same for a Polyamourous person is missing the point, in that this is how someone identifies, and the reasons of that can be complicated and more Queer than just 'dating mutliple people at once', and dismissing it as a 'lifestyle choice' is as harmful to LGBT spaces as considering leather pride or drag queens as 'not LGBT' despite that they built this community brick by brick.

... I feel like this comment got a lot longer than I was expecting it to. But that's my feedback on the topic in a philosophical manner - and as for where I would look to find it, I scoured the Identities section for ages and even started to write a request for the Poly pin before realizing it was just elsewhere, haha.

I think most people looking for it would look for them the section with other Orientation LGBT and Pride buttons. Beyond that - even if almost everyone disagreed, I think it might be logical to move the "relationship styles" tab up closer to the other Orientation tags, so as to make it easier for those looking to find them. There is, after all, an intrinsic link of 'Structures' of relationships to a persons orientation, and putting it all the way AFTER disabilities, which aren't related at all to Romantic/Sexual/Partnership Orientations. It's reasonable to assume those buttons wont exist.

TL;DR,
-I think it would be reasonable to either move them into the Orientation/LGBT tab, or move them and 'relationship' buttons to the top of the Other tab so as to make them easier to find for those who would actually be looking for them, who would assume them absent after seeing the topic change to disability', which is unrelated to partnerships and orientations.
-I absolutely consider 'Structures' as you call it to be Queer/LGBT, and there are some people who might say otherwise in a way intended to be divisive of queer Identities (and I am not accusing you or anyone of that, but stating so out of concern)
@0vmum0
Thanks for your response, I appreciate your perspective!

As always I really want to emphasize that nothing about this project is meant as a statement on what identities people can have or where they belong. I know many people have felt validated by seeing themselves represented here, and that makes me happy! But ultimately my main goal is to create and manage a useful community resource, that's all. I'm just one person on the internet, and I hope people won't use me (or anyone else) to decide if they deserve their identity or if they belong in their communities. It's never my intention to make anyone feel like I'm passing judgement on how people should label themselves, and I'm very sorry if that was the impact for you.

For now I've bumped the relationships up to the top of the "other" category, and will continue asking around to decide which category is most convenient for them to be in. Just asking respectfully that any discussion here stays focused on the question of where people would go to look for the polyam buttons, not on who belongs in the queer community or not and why. Those can be valuable discussions to have, but this isn't really the place for them. Feel free to privately message me if you want to talk about something outside the topic of this button thread!

Also curious if there's a specific term other than "relationship styles/structures" that people feel would be more clear or accurate for the category of polyamory/ambiamory/monogamy, queerplatonic relationships, relationship anarchy, etc.
@0vmum0
Thanks for your response, I appreciate your perspective!

As always I really want to emphasize that nothing about this project is meant as a statement on what identities people can have or where they belong. I know many people have felt validated by seeing themselves represented here, and that makes me happy! But ultimately my main goal is to create and manage a useful community resource, that's all. I'm just one person on the internet, and I hope people won't use me (or anyone else) to decide if they deserve their identity or if they belong in their communities. It's never my intention to make anyone feel like I'm passing judgement on how people should label themselves, and I'm very sorry if that was the impact for you.

For now I've bumped the relationships up to the top of the "other" category, and will continue asking around to decide which category is most convenient for them to be in. Just asking respectfully that any discussion here stays focused on the question of where people would go to look for the polyam buttons, not on who belongs in the queer community or not and why. Those can be valuable discussions to have, but this isn't really the place for them. Feel free to privately message me if you want to talk about something outside the topic of this button thread!

Also curious if there's a specific term other than "relationship styles/structures" that people feel would be more clear or accurate for the category of polyamory/ambiamory/monogamy, queerplatonic relationships, relationship anarchy, etc.
Trans

Free Buttons
@fluffmoth
I genuinely appreciate your effort to be inclusive and the adjustment to improve ease of browsing!

Also, I've never seen any specific term or designation or categorical names myself that weren't intended to be derogatory and thus dont warrant much suggesting, and i'd say structures or style are both alright terms. I cant think of any negative connotation to it, and I think it's pretty coherent.
@fluffmoth
I genuinely appreciate your effort to be inclusive and the adjustment to improve ease of browsing!

Also, I've never seen any specific term or designation or categorical names myself that weren't intended to be derogatory and thus dont warrant much suggesting, and i'd say structures or style are both alright terms. I cant think of any negative connotation to it, and I think it's pretty coherent.
@Namira those look awesome, happy scream fortress lol
@Namira those look awesome, happy scream fortress lol
ePOliyb.pngwh3Tiip.png
Dnqps2i.pngYeJCScR.png
O62tc6n.pngqjxrAwx.png
mtHAEL4.png4SE4T9N.png
Thank you for these. My lair feels a little less noob-y now. ♥ I don't know if you're taking requests, but if you are, is there a chance we might be please able to get tags for the following games? Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Silent Hill, Warframe They are my hyperfixations. [emoji=banescale happy size=1]
Thank you for these. My lair feels a little less noob-y now. ♥

I don't know if you're taking requests, but if you are, is there a chance we might be please able to get tags for the following games?

Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Silent Hill, Warframe

They are my hyperfixations.
Mesq6uj.pngqhK4FYS.pnguFMfy5S.pngKMlmzQi.pngL74Jfbv.png
N1LwiB6.png Retro Gamer: PS1-Era Disc Collector
0HSuCTF.png Cyberpunk Cyborg in Real Life
gziv3Ja.png Do what is good, no matter what.
8B7LZd5.png Saucy, cheeky and outspoken. Always.
eswSnrS.png2bf6nnX.pngskcJPHK.pngCfyODjg.pngo7ZCFYm.png
@SpookyVin Fluffmoth isn't always around to make new buttons, but certain users of the thread may help you out (to answer your indirect question about whether they take requests or not). I personally don't make anything that involves new icons unless it's just a flag (bc they're not hard to make into pixel art lol), so I won't be of any help, but hopefully somebody else might make them for you

I, uh. All that to quell one uncertainty, and I'm not really of any help beyond that. Sorry. Wishing you luck with your button requests /gen
@SpookyVin Fluffmoth isn't always around to make new buttons, but certain users of the thread may help you out (to answer your indirect question about whether they take requests or not). I personally don't make anything that involves new icons unless it's just a flag (bc they're not hard to make into pixel art lol), so I won't be of any help, but hopefully somebody else might make them for you

I, uh. All that to quell one uncertainty, and I'm not really of any help beyond that. Sorry. Wishing you luck with your button requests /gen
c25812c31c53238298d0f3bc0a4bbf6267e02d5b.png
Q0p4QGz.png
MUYNhfy.png
08P5HoQ.png
plHJimS.png
Uc6vApJ.pngp7bC92h.pngz0Q0BAK.pngQJAOLGp.png5cGqrId.pngMmr9HrK.pngi8eD0Ym.pnggebx48s.png
@Fractee
No worries! I'm not expecting anything. :3 But thank you for letting me know! I'm trying to figure out resources people use to make cool signatures and clan templates. This was the first one I found ^^
@Fractee
No worries! I'm not expecting anything. :3 But thank you for letting me know! I'm trying to figure out resources people use to make cool signatures and clan templates. This was the first one I found ^^
Mesq6uj.pngqhK4FYS.pnguFMfy5S.pngKMlmzQi.pngL74Jfbv.png
N1LwiB6.png Retro Gamer: PS1-Era Disc Collector
0HSuCTF.png Cyberpunk Cyborg in Real Life
gziv3Ja.png Do what is good, no matter what.
8B7LZd5.png Saucy, cheeky and outspoken. Always.
eswSnrS.png2bf6nnX.pngskcJPHK.pngCfyODjg.pngo7ZCFYm.png
1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 198 199