Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Multiple users to manage pinglists
1 2
I love the concept for the new pinglist system but I have a concern with some stuff like swipp pinglist and dom stuff.

Apologies of its already mentioned in a thread but i cant find that thread.

Idea: allow someone to create pinglist based on how the new system currently is set up. But then allow us to invite specific users (by username or account ID) to aso be able to use the pinglist.

Swipp has different users pinging that list every two hours. Dom teams have programs that are shared between people. Sometimes a program runner needs to step down or leave and if that happens, all users in that pinglist then need to sub to another pinglist.

This should still help eliminate harmful pings and other things like that as its not that everyone has access to the pinglist. Only invited users.

ETA: and allow us to remove someone from the list of people managing the list in case they do start pinging maliciously
I love the concept for the new pinglist system but I have a concern with some stuff like swipp pinglist and dom stuff.

Apologies of its already mentioned in a thread but i cant find that thread.

Idea: allow someone to create pinglist based on how the new system currently is set up. But then allow us to invite specific users (by username or account ID) to aso be able to use the pinglist.

Swipp has different users pinging that list every two hours. Dom teams have programs that are shared between people. Sometimes a program runner needs to step down or leave and if that happens, all users in that pinglist then need to sub to another pinglist.

This should still help eliminate harmful pings and other things like that as its not that everyone has access to the pinglist. Only invited users.

ETA: and allow us to remove someone from the list of people managing the list in case they do start pinging maliciously
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png ---
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif they/them
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif FR+2
--- tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif shadom organizer
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif currency exchange
--- tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif faq
tumblr_inline_p7gjraQcYv1rhwzwl_75sq.gif wishlist
--- hwxM86P.png
Support.

A system that could authorizes other users to be administrators who jointly maintain a pinglist could be an effective design ideas. As we all know, people needs sleep (lol) so many round-the-clock pinglist would be run by many users, and users' timezone also an important issue which could not be ignored.

Totally need a multiple administrator system as well as authorizing system!
Support.

A system that could authorizes other users to be administrators who jointly maintain a pinglist could be an effective design ideas. As we all know, people needs sleep (lol) so many round-the-clock pinglist would be run by many users, and users' timezone also an important issue which could not be ignored.

Totally need a multiple administrator system as well as authorizing system!
u3dECBG.png wxRjrM1.png
ANhbSyF.png
5mYNMuR.png
NTEGibn.png
Support. When I read that it would only be possible for the pinglists creator to use a pinglist I immediately thought about two things: Dom related pinglists and site related pinglists. Both would be hurt by restricting all pinglists to owner only, as both are frequently pinged by more than one person

I think a good solution would be to have three options when creating a pinglist: Private (only the owner can ping) semi-public (people who the owner has approved can ping) and public (anyone can ping)
Support. When I read that it would only be possible for the pinglists creator to use a pinglist I immediately thought about two things: Dom related pinglists and site related pinglists. Both would be hurt by restricting all pinglists to owner only, as both are frequently pinged by more than one person

I think a good solution would be to have three options when creating a pinglist: Private (only the owner can ping) semi-public (people who the owner has approved can ping) and public (anyone can ping)
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
support.
dom teams rely on covering multiple time slots and a dom team where pings could only be made by one user would grind push efforts to a literal halt when that user is asleep or at work or at school or literally just needs away from their computer at a critical moment or timezone change.

we should be making dom easier to navigate, not harder.
support.
dom teams rely on covering multiple time slots and a dom team where pings could only be made by one user would grind push efforts to a literal halt when that user is asleep or at work or at school or literally just needs away from their computer at a critical moment or timezone change.

we should be making dom easier to navigate, not harder.
You read my mind, so I'll paste my response here too: [quote name="RedWillia" date="2023-10-26 11:55:02" ] [quote]IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.[/quote] If I'm reading this correctly. then unfortunately, this basically makes the function useless in most use-cases - imagine I'm (again) in a dom team, we're 5 people organizing an event for 1000 players. So if I create the pinglist but then Something Happens (my laptop dies, I break an arm, whatever), none of my fellow organizers can take over because none of them can use the ping command. If the "solution" is to have 5 pinglists, then it's not a solution either - as each of the 1000 players has to remember to subscribe to all 5 pinglists (else different organizers might be pinging different people) [b]and[/b] to subscribe to new ones if more organizers appear. There should be "authorized" people, people who can also use the ping command, else, instead of saving, you just killed pinglists. [/quote]
You read my mind, so I'll paste my response here too:
RedWillia wrote on 2023-10-26 11:55:02:
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.

If I'm reading this correctly. then unfortunately, this basically makes the function useless in most use-cases - imagine I'm (again) in a dom team, we're 5 people organizing an event for 1000 players. So if I create the pinglist but then Something Happens (my laptop dies, I break an arm, whatever), none of my fellow organizers can take over because none of them can use the ping command. If the "solution" is to have 5 pinglists, then it's not a solution either - as each of the 1000 players has to remember to subscribe to all 5 pinglists (else different organizers might be pinging different people) and to subscribe to new ones if more organizers appear.

There should be "authorized" people, people who can also use the ping command, else, instead of saving, you just killed pinglists.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Support! I think this is one of the primary things that the new system is missing as compared to the existing pinglists people use.
Support! I think this is one of the primary things that the new system is missing as compared to the existing pinglists people use.
- Mochi - He/Him - Tired - Pings Are Fine -
Support
Support
IF HubOOF Hub
support! as a participant in Light's DOM activities, this update & a banning of mass pings causes a problem, as manY events require multiple users to have the abilitY to all ping the same pinglist. also, if the designated pinglist-holder goes inactive for anY reason, it becomes much harder for someone else to take over, as theY have no access to the old pinglists and it makes organizing a new one much more difficult.

this suggestion helps with most of mY problems with the update, though i think i'd also like to see a waY to transfer ownership of a pinglist as well.

edit: the whole reason Light's mass-ping sYstem exists is include people who don't want to use offsite chats! i feel this new pinglist sYstem will just either drive people off-site or leave them feeling excluded.
support! as a participant in Light's DOM activities, this update & a banning of mass pings causes a problem, as manY events require multiple users to have the abilitY to all ping the same pinglist. also, if the designated pinglist-holder goes inactive for anY reason, it becomes much harder for someone else to take over, as theY have no access to the old pinglists and it makes organizing a new one much more difficult.

this suggestion helps with most of mY problems with the update, though i think i'd also like to see a waY to transfer ownership of a pinglist as well.

edit: the whole reason Light's mass-ping sYstem exists is include people who don't want to use offsite chats! i feel this new pinglist sYstem will just either drive people off-site or leave them feeling excluded.

feverent
Support! I'd love it if there is a private option ( for only one or a couple users to use) and a public option (for everyone to be able to ping like GASP and G1 hoarders!)
Support! I'd love it if there is a private option ( for only one or a couple users to use) and a public option (for everyone to be able to ping like GASP and G1 hoarders!)
Support thats kind of the whole reason for shared excel sheets and the like
Support thats kind of the whole reason for shared excel sheets and the like
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
1 2