Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | hardest video game boss youve fought
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17
obligatory Orphan of Kos mention. I still haven't actually beaten him- I can get to phase 2 pretty much every time, but I still can't get the parries for him down.

a little more niche for me is the Shadows of Yharnam. I smoked them the first time, but the other two times I've fought them it took me days. they were the one obstacle to getting platinum for the main game, just second to the Watchdog from the Defilers chalice
obligatory Orphan of Kos mention. I still haven't actually beaten him- I can get to phase 2 pretty much every time, but I still can't get the parries for him down.

a little more niche for me is the Shadows of Yharnam. I smoked them the first time, but the other two times I've fought them it took me days. they were the one obstacle to getting platinum for the main game, just second to the Watchdog from the Defilers chalice
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
Okay, Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds final boss. It had me sweating. I almost cried. I DESPISE FIRECLAWS!!! (They're fun to fight in forbidden west, though..)
Okay, Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds final boss. It had me sweating. I almost cried. I DESPISE FIRECLAWS!!! (They're fun to fight in forbidden west, though..)
tn0RSo5.pnghh5n4WA.png
3adgzZD.pngEB9jVcQ.png
6YousWl.pngqhK4FYS.png
mAiCJNJ.pngJ7D1quC.png
o_hs_006_1.pngo_hs_134_2.pngo_hs-S_038_1.pngo_hs_162_2.pngo_hs_157_2.png
3ani__758__sm.gif 3ani__026-alola__sm.gif
Ruler of the sky kh 358/2 days
Rinzler kh 3d
Kalameet tail, artorias, o&s, bed of chaos, dark souls
Everything in hollow Knight
FR coli bosses
Cynthia brilliant diamond
Frontier brains emerald
Thunder blight ganon botw
Shadow okumura p5r
Snow queen idk p5s when she eat all the team members
Bongo bongo and the amoeba ocarina of time
Idk if counts but yukiko p4au bc she spam projectiles but that makes her funny to play as too lol

Also how could I forget alatreon

Oh no I forgot to mention the high level dragons in Skyrim that are appearing bc I exploited the level up system and my defensive and offensive stats aren't very good bc i wanted haha funny troublemaker skills and magic (but at least I am rich lol)
Especially if it appears somewhere hard to leave like the mage's guild
And they kill me even on easy mode
Ruler of the sky kh 358/2 days
Rinzler kh 3d
Kalameet tail, artorias, o&s, bed of chaos, dark souls
Everything in hollow Knight
FR coli bosses
Cynthia brilliant diamond
Frontier brains emerald
Thunder blight ganon botw
Shadow okumura p5r
Snow queen idk p5s when she eat all the team members
Bongo bongo and the amoeba ocarina of time
Idk if counts but yukiko p4au bc she spam projectiles but that makes her funny to play as too lol

Also how could I forget alatreon

Oh no I forgot to mention the high level dragons in Skyrim that are appearing bc I exploited the level up system and my defensive and offensive stats aren't very good bc i wanted haha funny troublemaker skills and magic (but at least I am rich lol)
Especially if it appears somewhere hard to leave like the mage's guild
And they kill me even on easy mode
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
thunderblight ganon... </3
thunderblight ganon... </3
they
fr +3
ping me
preorders 4/5
EVRAE. ******' hell, dude.
EVRAE. ******' hell, dude.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
The Iskal Queen in Remnant: From the Ashes.
I've fought her countless times, but she still provides a unique challenge every time, and to this day is still the hardest boss I've fought.
The Iskal Queen in Remnant: From the Ashes.
I've fought her countless times, but she still provides a unique challenge every time, and to this day is still the hardest boss I've fought.
PvGrR8V.png
Thunderblight Ganon, my detested <3
I also played Hollow Knight a few months ago, I didn't get very far but wow, those boss fights are hard. It's a really fun game though!
I never managed to get past Undyne the Undying in my Undertale genocide routes, so needless to say the Sans fight would eviscerate me.

Not a boss battle, but the Splatoon 3 secret kettle... I never want to do that again it was absolutely infuriating for no good reason lol. I think it took me a few days of playing and then taking breaks to get through it. Aough.
Thunderblight Ganon, my detested <3
I also played Hollow Knight a few months ago, I didn't get very far but wow, those boss fights are hard. It's a really fun game though!
I never managed to get past Undyne the Undying in my Undertale genocide routes, so needless to say the Sans fight would eviscerate me.

Not a boss battle, but the Splatoon 3 secret kettle... I never want to do that again it was absolutely infuriating for no good reason lol. I think it took me a few days of playing and then taking breaks to get through it. Aough.
!hello! azSWexC.gif N1Z2e9k.gif 4hGrYLx.gif
Pure Vessel from Hollow Knight... Love them as a character but that boss fight is HARD doesn't help that you have to do a whole boss rush before you even get to them... They also do double damage, though most late-game bosses in HK do that. Still an absolute pain though.

Bonus mention to all the soul bosses in Kirby, they're HARD but not as hard as some other bosses except you Star Dream Soul OS. I've never beaten Star Dream Soul OS.
Pure Vessel from Hollow Knight... Love them as a character but that boss fight is HARD doesn't help that you have to do a whole boss rush before you even get to them... They also do double damage, though most late-game bosses in HK do that. Still an absolute pain though.

Bonus mention to all the soul bosses in Kirby, they're HARD but not as hard as some other bosses except you Star Dream Soul OS. I've never beaten Star Dream Soul OS.
MUYNhfy.png bYt72YT.png
5iXiC8z.png tyEuRXe.png
QUIpVFE.png Jmt9NmI.png
uOsoNEC.png
final boss of drakengard 1 in ending E. it's a total deviation from other bosses in that game because you're expected to beat it by playing what amounts to a rhythm game.

problem is, it's an older PS2 game and i played it on a newer HDTV that doesn't accommodate for its natural framerate. so, imagine having to play a precise rhythm game (that's already difficult in its own right) with massive input delay x_x the difficulty was mostly my fault, but Holy Hell. i'm waiting for the day i can get a CRT TV, so i can actually beat it!
final boss of drakengard 1 in ending E. it's a total deviation from other bosses in that game because you're expected to beat it by playing what amounts to a rhythm game.

problem is, it's an older PS2 game and i played it on a newer HDTV that doesn't accommodate for its natural framerate. so, imagine having to play a precise rhythm game (that's already difficult in its own right) with massive input delay x_x the difficulty was mostly my fault, but Holy Hell. i'm waiting for the day i can get a CRT TV, so i can actually beat it!
so i know. i know that other extra stages are objectively more difficult, but for some reason for me it is saki kurokoma from touhou 17!
both her spells and nonspells are so fast that i struggle with reading them and end up getting hit :') i haven't fought many other extra bosses, though, but both hecatia and mokou feel way more doable!

i'd also be inclined to say fatalis from monster hunter: world, due to how much you get punished for even the tiniest mistakes, but me and my friends struggled with alatreon waaaay more, mainly due to refusing to look up mechanics online! (it was very rewarding when we started to figure it out, even though we had to look up some tips eventually)

extra shoutout to the superboss xemnas fight in kingdom hearts ii final mix, since mine seems to be bugged somehow and the commands to dodge his attacks in the second phase simply. do not work <3
so i know. i know that other extra stages are objectively more difficult, but for some reason for me it is saki kurokoma from touhou 17!
both her spells and nonspells are so fast that i struggle with reading them and end up getting hit :') i haven't fought many other extra bosses, though, but both hecatia and mokou feel way more doable!

i'd also be inclined to say fatalis from monster hunter: world, due to how much you get punished for even the tiniest mistakes, but me and my friends struggled with alatreon waaaay more, mainly due to refusing to look up mechanics online! (it was very rewarding when we started to figure it out, even though we had to look up some tips eventually)

extra shoutout to the superboss xemnas fight in kingdom hearts ii final mix, since mine seems to be bugged somehow and the commands to dodge his attacks in the second phase simply. do not work <3
routa / any pronouns / fr time +10
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17