Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recipe swap?
1 2
Hey derglings,

Is there a place to post recipes and share stories about cooking? If not I'd love to start one! I'm a huge fan of cooking and while I don't really have the means or space to cook meals right now I would love to stash some away for later. I know I could probably Google some but I'd like some FR- peer certified recipes and fun (maybe chaotic) stories regarding preparation.

If there's already a thread, can someone link it?

Thank you!!
Kat
:D
Hey derglings,

Is there a place to post recipes and share stories about cooking? If not I'd love to start one! I'm a huge fan of cooking and while I don't really have the means or space to cook meals right now I would love to stash some away for later. I know I could probably Google some but I'd like some FR- peer certified recipes and fun (maybe chaotic) stories regarding preparation.

If there's already a thread, can someone link it?

Thank you!!
Kat
:D
XxxGZDG.png
xKIpW2A.pngl3R7Ulc.pngqjxrAwx.png
97xO4MG.pngta8VZMD.pngvqM9NnV.png
I'd be very interested in a recipe thread. If one already existed, It's been gone long enough for you start a new one.

I'll definitely try to contribute. I say 'try' here because cooking is more of an art than an exact science to me. Everything can and will be changed be depending on what I feel like. I'll try to adapt whatever I'm doing into something coherent.

And I need to inflict the absolute weirdness that is sauerkraut casserole on more people. My family is weird. That stuff is better than it sounds, though.
I'd be very interested in a recipe thread. If one already existed, It's been gone long enough for you start a new one.

I'll definitely try to contribute. I say 'try' here because cooking is more of an art than an exact science to me. Everything can and will be changed be depending on what I feel like. I'll try to adapt whatever I'm doing into something coherent.

And I need to inflict the absolute weirdness that is sauerkraut casserole on more people. My family is weird. That stuff is better than it sounds, though.
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-10-02 10:14:33" ] I'd be very interested in a recipe thread. If one already existed, It's been gone long enough for you start a new one. I'll definitely try to contribute. I say 'try' here because cooking is more of an art than an exact science to me. Everything can and will be changed be depending on what I feel like. I'll try to adapt whatever I'm doing into something coherent. And I need to inflict the absolute weirdness that is sauerkraut casserole on more people. My family is weird. That stuff is better than it sounds, though. [/quote] Oh I'm so glad you're interested! I agree that cooking is an art form and it feels really good to just be creative with it. Hopefully we get some more interest soon but regardless I'd love to share some delicious food that I've made. Do you have a favorite cuisine?
Xionahri wrote on 2023-10-02 10:14:33:

Oh I'm so glad you're interested! I agree that cooking is an art form and it feels really good to just be creative with it. Hopefully we get some more interest soon but regardless I'd love to share some delicious food that I've made. Do you have a favorite cuisine?
XxxGZDG.png
@vend1kat

I'm actually open for anything! I'd love to see different foods from different cultures.
@vend1kat

I'm actually open for anything! I'd love to see different foods from different cultures.
I have a biscuit recipe I can contribute! It’s an altered recipe from a website to make biscuits that I can use a spoon to make instead of rolling out dough.
I have a biscuit recipe I can contribute! It’s an altered recipe from a website to make biscuits that I can use a spoon to make instead of rolling out dough.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-10-02 12:51:20" ] @vend1kat I'm actually open for anything! I'd love to see different foods from different cultures. [/quote] Me too! My background is a blend of several cultures (Mexican, German, Polish, Cherokee) and cooking 'the family meal' was always a big deal. Especially on my dad's side, we would make all kinds of food he grew up with. My grandma would make big portions of enchiladas, tosadas, and tortillas for holidays. I was able to learn her homemade tortilla recipe from her but I haven't been able to practice making it for a while. My mom's mom makes pierogies, kielbasa, and she love to bake all kinds of sweets! My mom's signature dessert is lemon bars and they are sooo tasty! But I think she makes them from a box recipe. Myself, I've been cooking with 'undesirable' cuts of meat such as gizzards, tail, and organs. I really love oxtail soup! (I'm really sorry if you all are vegan/vegetarian, I don't know how to make spoilers.) And I love seafood, but I have a hard time cooking scallops well. They tend to come out on the tough side. @IrradiatedRisk - I love a nice biscuit recipe! They come in handy when making chicken n dumplings, especially!
Xionahri wrote on 2023-10-02 12:51:20:
@vend1kat

Me too!
My background is a blend of several cultures (Mexican, German, Polish, Cherokee) and cooking 'the family meal' was always a big deal. Especially on my dad's side, we would make all kinds of food he grew up with. My grandma would make big portions of enchiladas, tosadas, and tortillas for holidays. I was able to learn her homemade tortilla recipe from her but I haven't been able to practice making it for a while.
My mom's mom makes pierogies, kielbasa, and she love to bake all kinds of sweets! My mom's signature dessert is lemon bars and they are sooo tasty! But I think she makes them from a box recipe.
Myself, I've been cooking with 'undesirable' cuts of meat such as gizzards, tail, and organs. I really love oxtail soup! (I'm really sorry if you all are vegan/vegetarian, I don't know how to make spoilers.) And I love seafood, but I have a hard time cooking scallops well. They tend to come out on the tough side.
@IrradiatedRisk - I love a nice biscuit recipe! They come in handy when making chicken n dumplings, especially!
XxxGZDG.png
Oh, I could drop a couple of recipes here right now if this becomes a new recipe thread!
Oh, I could drop a couple of recipes here right now if this becomes a new recipe thread!
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
Oh, what a wonderful idea to have a recipe thread! I woud love to learn and try all kinds of food from other countries :)

Probably I won´t be sharing (and trying) any seafood recipes since I´m from Slovakia and that´s literally in the middle of the continet. So any seafood ingredients are basically limited here. Almost all of them arrive frozen T_T
What I can do is to share meat recipes since that´s what we mostly eat, so apologies to all vegetarians. But I can share some sweet recipes if someone is interested.
Oh, what a wonderful idea to have a recipe thread! I woud love to learn and try all kinds of food from other countries :)

Probably I won´t be sharing (and trying) any seafood recipes since I´m from Slovakia and that´s literally in the middle of the continet. So any seafood ingredients are basically limited here. Almost all of them arrive frozen T_T
What I can do is to share meat recipes since that´s what we mostly eat, so apologies to all vegetarians. But I can share some sweet recipes if someone is interested.
[quote name="MysticMeat" date="2023-10-02 22:59:04" ] Oh, I could drop a couple of recipes here right now if this becomes a new recipe thread! [/quote] I'd say let's wait for a proper thread being made, so all this preamble is out of the way and a newcomer can get straight into the recipes.
MysticMeat wrote on 2023-10-02 22:59:04:

I'd say let's wait for a proper thread being made, so all this preamble is out of the way and a newcomer can get straight into the recipes.
Just yesteday I discovered you can heat up a pan, put half a tea spoon of butter on it, let it melt and pop 250g of cottage cheese. Let it melt, add salt and pepper and voila

i swear i was sober doing that
Just yesteday I discovered you can heat up a pan, put half a tea spoon of butter on it, let it melt and pop 250g of cottage cheese. Let it melt, add salt and pepper and voila

i swear i was sober doing that
English is not my native language
1 2