Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lorwolf Thread ( Game launched )
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Loving Lorwolf so far! I got all my referrals but if anyone needs help or advice, feel free to PM me!
Loving Lorwolf so far! I got all my referrals but if anyone needs help or advice, feel free to PM me!
I was looking for a pet-raising sim type of game, and Lorwolf was my first choice! I lost interest after a while, though, and stopped playing. I dunno why. I like FL much better.
I was looking for a pet-raising sim type of game, and Lorwolf was my first choice! I lost interest after a while, though, and stopped playing. I dunno why. I like FL much better.
reuniclus.gifBazinga.
I haven't played Lorwolf in about a year at this point. It's neat that it's officially launched. As expected, my data was reset. Honestly considering that it took a good while to grind to get as far as I got, I don't think I'm really willing to do that all over again.

How are y'all feeling about it?
I haven't played Lorwolf in about a year at this point. It's neat that it's officially launched. As expected, my data was reset. Honestly considering that it took a good while to grind to get as far as I got, I don't think I'm really willing to do that all over again.

tn0RSo5.png i1iQAE3.png v7rE7ee.png sh5xjiu.png
5KT5SCp.png tyEuRXe.png LGvol4P.png gYW0j5f.png
@ThatWolfNyla
I would wait until dev release next major patch. It has been 2 months without anything new so not recommend until we get a patch
@ThatWolfNyla
I would wait until dev release next major patch. It has been 2 months without anything new so not recommend until we get a patch
tDeKDnH.png8113890e65468d3e592e04d0586e31cc.pngss.png
I tried getting into it, but I feel is quite lacking and boring honestly =/ Hopefully, as they add new stuff it will get good, but for now... no interest.
I tried getting into it, but I feel is quite lacking and boring honestly =/ Hopefully, as they add new stuff it will get good, but for now... no interest.
I was there during the beta, even bought the support packs for launch. I was on pretty much daily, liquidating FR items in order to gain enough moonstones for Bracchus breed changes, engaging in the Arena against other players because it was fun to fight and chat with them at the same time in discord. Enjoyed the custom apparel system, the dailies, the campaign, and was excited to see what would come next. Got my friend and partner to join during the open beta

Then they made the referral system update. Absolutely despised the introduction of referrals with locked, account-bound rewards. And then hated the lack of any response to it, even though I waited a long time after the first referral update to see what they'd say. Pretty much nothing was addressed. And by that point, my friend and partner had given up on the game because it was far too slow, grindy, and boring for them. And one of them is very active on FR, so it's not like they don't understand what grind is

Left and haven't been back since. If the referral system had been discussed/revealed to us before launch, as something for the future, maybe I wouldn't have cared since I'd have had warning and could have adjusted my gameplay and expectations accordingly. But then they didn't even proprly address our concerns, just gave us ONE back-dated referral opportunity. Seeing posts constantly advertising to buy referrals did not help any, as that kind of spam is the exact thing I hate (and seeing it in this thread reminds me why I hate it lol)

It was fun while it lasted, but I'll not be supporting a site that makes such decisions. I've popped in - while logged out - to check updates and see if anything changes, but after all this time with no new updates addressing it I've given up.

Edited for spelling
I was there during the beta, even bought the support packs for launch. I was on pretty much daily, liquidating FR items in order to gain enough moonstones for Bracchus breed changes, engaging in the Arena against other players because it was fun to fight and chat with them at the same time in discord. Enjoyed the custom apparel system, the dailies, the campaign, and was excited to see what would come next. Got my friend and partner to join during the open beta

Then they made the referral system update. Absolutely despised the introduction of referrals with locked, account-bound rewards. And then hated the lack of any response to it, even though I waited a long time after the first referral update to see what they'd say. Pretty much nothing was addressed. And by that point, my friend and partner had given up on the game because it was far too slow, grindy, and boring for them. And one of them is very active on FR, so it's not like they don't understand what grind is

Left and haven't been back since. If the referral system had been discussed/revealed to us before launch, as something for the future, maybe I wouldn't have cared since I'd have had warning and could have adjusted my gameplay and expectations accordingly. But then they didn't even proprly address our concerns, just gave us ONE back-dated referral opportunity. Seeing posts constantly advertising to buy referrals did not help any, as that kind of spam is the exact thing I hate (and seeing it in this thread reminds me why I hate it lol)

It was fun while it lasted, but I'll not be supporting a site that makes such decisions. I've popped in - while logged out - to check updates and see if anything changes, but after all this time with no new updates addressing it I've given up.

Edited for spelling
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
[quote name="ThatWolfNyla" date="2023-11-02 11:27:26" ] I haven't played Lorwolf in about a year at this point. It's neat that it's officially launched. As expected, my data was reset. Honestly considering that it took a good while to grind to get as far as I got, I don't think I'm really willing to do that all over again. How are y'all feeling about it? [/quote] Wait, I didn't know they delete accounts for inactivity D: I don't think that's stated/said anywhere, at least I never seen any information about this This is outrageous and absolutely unfair, I think players should be able to go on hiatus/disappear for several years, otherwise why would anyone come back x_x
ThatWolfNyla wrote on 2023-11-02 11:27:26:

Wait, I didn't know they delete accounts for inactivity D:
I don't think that's stated/said anywhere, at least I never seen any information about this
This is outrageous and absolutely unfair, I think players should be able to go on hiatus/disappear for several years, otherwise why would anyone come back x_x
@Felius it's because they reset it for launch! There were 2 beta periods where the data was reset at the end.
@Felius it's because they reset it for launch! There were 2 beta periods where the data was reset at the end.
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
@Hippotang

(sorry if you didn't want to be pinged)

I agree. That situation and the staff not addressing the fact that the expansions were switched to moonstones after they were pebbles in the beta definitely pushed me away from the site. I've pretty much sold all my KS/beta stuff and I'm not planning on going back and playing like I play FR unless they change/address things.

I still log on every once in awhile to poke around/when there's any sort of update, but it's not a site I see myself playing long-term.
@Hippotang

(sorry if you didn't want to be pinged)

I agree. That situation and the staff not addressing the fact that the expansions were switched to moonstones after they were pebbles in the beta definitely pushed me away from the site. I've pretty much sold all my KS/beta stuff and I'm not planning on going back and playing like I play FR unless they change/address things.

I still log on every once in awhile to poke around/when there's any sort of update, but it's not a site I see myself playing long-term.
16032.png Unbred G1 doubles for sale

Characters for sale - 25% off
@HTML (I don't mind c: )

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the expansions nonsense too. I ended up buying premium currency a few times regardless, because I hoped changes would be made, or at least that I could get past the expansions locked behind premium since I liked the site so much. But then they never even addressed those concerns, and then the referrals happened (again with radio silence from the devs)

Honestly, a lot of their choices felt like insecurity in their product. Like they didn't trust they'd make enough money from ads/premium currency sales without some system to push people to feel the need to spend money, and had no trust they could get new users in without some kind of "locked" incentive. And that insecurity is not a good sign for a site's longevity, nor for player trust. I feel like my concerns, and the concerns of others, were falling on willfully-ignorant and deaf ears.

Edit: Another reason it ticks me off so much is because of how much financial support I gave them. Obviously that's always a risk with any site - I've put a lot of money into the Pawborough KS for example, and I recognize that's a gamble. But with LW, the annoyance comes less from the fact the site couldn't come to fruition or I lost interest (as might happen with PB) and more the sudden lack of communication. I felt like the devs were so open during beta, and I remember so much communication happening (especially in the discord). So I was led into a sense of security regarding giving them any support. I never anticipated they'd just sweep the issues under the rug and ignore so many of us. Again, still a gamble anyone takes with any game/website, but I think I'm still allowed to feel salty at how much money they got from me before they decided to abandon any communication.
@HTML (I don't mind c: )

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the expansions nonsense too. I ended up buying premium currency a few times regardless, because I hoped changes would be made, or at least that I could get past the expansions locked behind premium since I liked the site so much. But then they never even addressed those concerns, and then the referrals happened (again with radio silence from the devs)

Honestly, a lot of their choices felt like insecurity in their product. Like they didn't trust they'd make enough money from ads/premium currency sales without some system to push people to feel the need to spend money, and had no trust they could get new users in without some kind of "locked" incentive. And that insecurity is not a good sign for a site's longevity, nor for player trust. I feel like my concerns, and the concerns of others, were falling on willfully-ignorant and deaf ears.

Edit: Another reason it ticks me off so much is because of how much financial support I gave them. Obviously that's always a risk with any site - I've put a lot of money into the Pawborough KS for example, and I recognize that's a gamble. But with LW, the annoyance comes less from the fact the site couldn't come to fruition or I lost interest (as might happen with PB) and more the sudden lack of communication. I felt like the devs were so open during beta, and I remember so much communication happening (especially in the discord). So I was led into a sense of security regarding giving them any support. I never anticipated they'd just sweep the issues under the rug and ignore so many of us. Again, still a gamble anyone takes with any game/website, but I think I'm still allowed to feel salty at how much money they got from me before they decided to abandon any communication.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56