Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello :3
HEYY everyone! Just started playing this game after being recommended it by a friend in my art class ahehe and so far I'm stunned by the visuals and all the cool things you can do. It seems like a nice environment so I think it's safe to say I'll be staying for a long long time

I'm an art student currently in the last year of college but I plan to do an extra year in a seperate arts course they've got going on, so lots of painting and drawing is on the horizon methinks... it does mean I might be able to draw here though for treasure because so far I am the Flight Rising equivalent of broke LMAO

I also write stories in my free time but most of em never leave my bookshelf. i have revived an old pirate story I wrote when I was like ten and shuffled the events around a bit to make it less... cheesy... so now I shall make my dragons dress up like silly little sea thieves when i get the chance.

Is being part of the water flight and having a pirate story too predictable??
HEYY everyone! Just started playing this game after being recommended it by a friend in my art class ahehe and so far I'm stunned by the visuals and all the cool things you can do. It seems like a nice environment so I think it's safe to say I'll be staying for a long long time

I'm an art student currently in the last year of college but I plan to do an extra year in a seperate arts course they've got going on, so lots of painting and drawing is on the horizon methinks... it does mean I might be able to draw here though for treasure because so far I am the Flight Rising equivalent of broke LMAO

I also write stories in my free time but most of em never leave my bookshelf. i have revived an old pirate story I wrote when I was like ten and shuffled the events around a bit to make it less... cheesy... so now I shall make my dragons dress up like silly little sea thieves when i get the chance.

Is being part of the water flight and having a pirate story too predictable??
JrZGMGx.png
mtHAEL4.png
I subscribe to all threads I create!
A warm welcome to you! I don't intend to stick around much anymore but nonetheless I hope you have a good time here on FR! You're absolutely right, the community is so friendly and welcoming, so rest assured you're in good hands. [s]Claws??[/s] I've seen a few pirate-themed Water lairs but I'm sure you'll bring something new to the table haha [emoji=skydancer winking size=1] Plus, it's a nice aesthetic! Part of me wishes I'd joined the Water flight. Have a nice time here! Edit: oops I forgot to ping you, assuming you haven't worked out subscribing to forum posts yet? @Jaggernaute
A warm welcome to you!

I don't intend to stick around much anymore but nonetheless I hope you have a good time here on FR! You're absolutely right, the community is so friendly and welcoming, so rest assured you're in good hands. Claws??

I've seen a few pirate-themed Water lairs but I'm sure you'll bring something new to the table haha Plus, it's a nice aesthetic! Part of me wishes I'd joined the Water flight.

Have a nice time here!

Edit: oops I forgot to ping you, assuming you haven't worked out subscribing to forum posts yet? @Jaggernaute
@zevras I'll be honest I had no idea what a ping or subscribing was until you did that lmao, although I'm gonna guess you mean the @ username. learning on the spot I am XDD

What's a subscription?? does that tell me someone has 'pinged' me?
@zevras I'll be honest I had no idea what a ping or subscribing was until you did that lmao, although I'm gonna guess you mean the @ username. learning on the spot I am XDD

What's a subscription?? does that tell me someone has 'pinged' me?
JrZGMGx.png
mtHAEL4.png
@Jaggernaute Yeah, pinging refers to mentioning someone but I see you've got that down. A lot of Flight Rising does seem to be learning on the go [emoji=skydancer laughing size=1] Subscribing to a forum doesn't necessarily tell you that someone has [i]pinged[/i] you as such, it mainly just tells you that someone has commented on your forum post. So for example, if you were subscribed now, you'd be getting two notifications probably; one to say I've mentioned you here, and one to say this post has a new message. So a lot of people who are subscribed to their posts tell people not to ping them because they get too many notifications :> Oh and you subscribe by pressing the little star at the top right side of the screen. If you scroll to the very top of your post and look just above you'll see it; hitting it means you're subbed to that post! Anything else you'd like to know?
@Jaggernaute

Yeah, pinging refers to mentioning someone but I see you've got that down. A lot of Flight Rising does seem to be learning on the go

Subscribing to a forum doesn't necessarily tell you that someone has pinged you as such, it mainly just tells you that someone has commented on your forum post.
So for example, if you were subscribed now, you'd be getting two notifications probably; one to say I've mentioned you here, and one to say this post has a new message.

So a lot of people who are subscribed to their posts tell people not to ping them because they get too many notifications :>

Oh and you subscribe by pressing the little star at the top right side of the screen. If you scroll to the very top of your post and look just above you'll see it; hitting it means you're subbed to that post!

Anything else you'd like to know?
AHHH thanks @zevras that actually makes a lot of sense,,, great explanation, thanku! I think I'm good for anything else but I'll definitely remember to come running to you in the future with any queries LMAO

You also have some REALLLY nice dragons! I like valysiara (sorry if that's spelled wrong), SUCH PRETTY COLOURS

I had no idea dragons could have so many genes tbh and that you can change them. Let's hope the colour combos for my starting dragons have potential to look nice haha I think Brink is alr cause I chose her colours but I'm not so confident with Rassler tbh. I mean is there any way I can check to see if he has better potential w genes?

just realised i literally said I was fine for more help and ended up asking another question two paragraphs later I am such a klutz
AHHH thanks @zevras that actually makes a lot of sense,,, great explanation, thanku! I think I'm good for anything else but I'll definitely remember to come running to you in the future with any queries LMAO

You also have some REALLLY nice dragons! I like valysiara (sorry if that's spelled wrong), SUCH PRETTY COLOURS

I had no idea dragons could have so many genes tbh and that you can change them. Let's hope the colour combos for my starting dragons have potential to look nice haha I think Brink is alr cause I chose her colours but I'm not so confident with Rassler tbh. I mean is there any way I can check to see if he has better potential w genes?

just realised i literally said I was fine for more help and ended up asking another question two paragraphs later I am such a klutz
JrZGMGx.png
mtHAEL4.png
@Jaggernaute

No worries haha I'm happy to help!

Yeah you can buy genes from either the Auction House (as well as dragons, items etc.) and the Marketplace I believe, though depending on what you're wanting they go up in price quite quickly. Some genes are rarer than others; I think there's a forum post out there that explains the rarities and their consequent worth. If I stumble across it again I'll send you the link via private message.

As for checking, there are two options:

The first is Predict Morphology. You can find this either on the sidebar under Library (same place you found the forums ^^) or if you go to your dragon's profile it should be a button on there. Towards the bottom left of the dragon's image if I'm correct!
Then you can mess around with virtually anything you want. You can change all three genes so play with those, and the eyes can be changed by buying vials of sights, though they tend to be hard to come by. I'd avoid changing gene colours though because unless you have a scatterscroll there's no real way of changing the three colours of your dragon, even then the new colours are random, so there'd be no point!

Also you can head to another topic forum like Dragon Share or Guides and create a forum asking people to scry (predict a look) for your dragon there. Just be careful with that because a handful of people might want some form of payment, i.e just a small fee of treasure or a few items in return! Usually they don't but it can happen.

Anything else?
@Jaggernaute

No worries haha I'm happy to help!

Yeah you can buy genes from either the Auction House (as well as dragons, items etc.) and the Marketplace I believe, though depending on what you're wanting they go up in price quite quickly. Some genes are rarer than others; I think there's a forum post out there that explains the rarities and their consequent worth. If I stumble across it again I'll send you the link via private message.

As for checking, there are two options:

The first is Predict Morphology. You can find this either on the sidebar under Library (same place you found the forums ^^) or if you go to your dragon's profile it should be a button on there. Towards the bottom left of the dragon's image if I'm correct!
Then you can mess around with virtually anything you want. You can change all three genes so play with those, and the eyes can be changed by buying vials of sights, though they tend to be hard to come by. I'd avoid changing gene colours though because unless you have a scatterscroll there's no real way of changing the three colours of your dragon, even then the new colours are random, so there'd be no point!

Also you can head to another topic forum like Dragon Share or Guides and create a forum asking people to scry (predict a look) for your dragon there. Just be careful with that because a handful of people might want some form of payment, i.e just a small fee of treasure or a few items in return! Usually they don't but it can happen.

Anything else?
@zevras GOSH YOU ARE BRILLIANTTTT thank you so much for the help! The morphology thing sounds fun so I'll probably kill a few hours in there soon

Yeah some of those genes look real pricey but hopefully I'll get there someday

TYSM! ^^
@zevras GOSH YOU ARE BRILLIANTTTT thank you so much for the help! The morphology thing sounds fun so I'll probably kill a few hours in there soon

Yeah some of those genes look real pricey but hopefully I'll get there someday

TYSM! ^^
JrZGMGx.png
mtHAEL4.png
@Jaggernaute Hi there, I’m BunnySox, I'm in Wind Flight, and a very breezy, warm welcome to FR!! And my pirate poets Macedoine & Helsinki greet you, too!! What a great week for you to join--Pirates Week!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/7996784][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/79968/7996784_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8460851][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/84609/8460851_350.png[/img][/url] There’s so much to do here, so many choices and activities -- breeding, buying/selling, collecting, Coliseum, dress-up, art shops, hatcheries, raffles and festivals, role-play, storytelling, on and on. And a fantastic art community!! You definitely have to open an Art Shop!! Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful… [LIST] [*] there are [i]free dragons[/i] (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below... [*] keep your dragons well-fed, over 80% at all times, to get your [i]daily well-fed bonuses[/i] [*] give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and 3 treasure chests as they level up [*] [i]Which Waystone[/i] (Library menu, left) suggests activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth [*] under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Water Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Droplets" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players [indent][i]-- if you Discord, this is where you request server access[/i][/indent] [*] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1183312/1] Guide to FR Abbreviations[/url] will help you understand forum-speak xd [*]to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification [*]upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings. This is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista [/list] I'm on daily if I can help you with anything!! Enjoy your dragons!! BunnySox ^^ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3266405/1#post_3266405]Tundra Rescue[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3252789/1#post_3252789]Free Leveled Coli Teams for Newbies[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2157925/1#post_2157925]Adopt-A-Dragon = Free to Good Homes![/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2325855/1#post_2325855]Exalt Row Rescue Hub[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2956333/1#post_2956333]Free Leveled Dragons for New Players[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2815153#post_2815153]Masterpost of Tools, Guides, Resources, etc.[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014#post_2497014]Data-Based Money Making Guide[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2590236]Juxta13’s Random Raffle[/url] ^^
@Jaggernaute

Hi there, I’m BunnySox, I'm in Wind Flight, and a very breezy, warm welcome to FR!!

And my pirate poets Macedoine & Helsinki greet you, too!! What a great week for you to join--Pirates Week!!

7996784_350.png8460851_350.png

There’s so much to do here, so many choices and activities -- breeding, buying/selling, collecting, Coliseum, dress-up, art shops, hatcheries, raffles and festivals, role-play, storytelling, on and on. And a fantastic art community!! You definitely have to open an Art Shop!!

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • keep your dragons well-fed, over 80% at all times, to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and 3 treasure chests as they level up
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Water Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Droplets" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand forum-speak xd
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings. This is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista

I'm on daily if I can help you with anything!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^

Tundra Rescue
Free Leveled Coli Teams for Newbies
Adopt-A-Dragon = Free to Good Homes!
Exalt Row Rescue Hub
Free Leveled Dragons for New Players

Masterpost of Tools, Guides, Resources, etc.
Data-Based Money Making Guide
Juxta13’s Random Raffle

^^
@BunnySox THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! All those links are so helpful, I'll have a deep dive later. And thanks for the tips n stuff, massively appreciated :D
@BunnySox THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! All those links are so helpful, I'll have a deep dive later. And thanks for the tips n stuff, massively appreciated :D
JrZGMGx.png
mtHAEL4.png
@Jaggernaute

You're so very welcome!! I'm glad the info is helpful to you xD

Here is a link to the Site Status on the front page for Dragon Share.

This week's theme is Pirates. We all love to show off our beautiful dragons, so there is a weekly theme.

So when you get your dragons looking all pirate-y, you can post them to that thread until Saturday midnight, when the theme typically ends.

You can post up to 3 dragons.

Have fun!!

BunnySox ^^
@Jaggernaute

You're so very welcome!! I'm glad the info is helpful to you xD

Here is a link to the Site Status on the front page for Dragon Share.

This week's theme is Pirates. We all love to show off our beautiful dragons, so there is a weekly theme.

So when you get your dragons looking all pirate-y, you can post them to that thread until Saturday midnight, when the theme typically ends.

You can post up to 3 dragons.

Have fun!!

BunnySox ^^