Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pinkerton Quest II - Dragon Peace Summit
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@scarletamaryllis

I vote fade or Savannah. And also. You’re not going to believe this but. I’m kind of into the ridgeback as he is. He’s so busy but kind of really good.

@starfye

Look at that stupid banana dragon with his silly banana boots
@scarletamaryllis

I vote fade or Savannah. And also. You’re not going to believe this but. I’m kind of into the ridgeback as he is. He’s so busy but kind of really good.

@starfye

Look at that stupid banana dragon with his silly banana boots
tumblr_ochg4uDlB11us53xfo7_r1_500.png
----- [columns][item=Dustrunner Arctic Goggles][nextcol][size=4][i]Roll the dice...[/i][/size][br][size=5]I got a [s]6[/s] 17! [/size][/columns]----- I attempted to reroll noggle and I got RALITSA again. Fate has decided she is cursed for now. Nothing I can do. @starfye for judgement i present [img]https://i.imgur.com/ATLPmFi.png[/img] I love banana boy. The boots, not so much...... @AerusOnward You're right, I AM surprised! I see the red crackle everywhere and my eyes can't. Either way, ridgeback is distinctly not deviljho energy for me so he must go. I don't think I shared an image of him last time, but you can see the angry pickle [url=https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Deviljho_Photo_Gallery]here[/url] if you wanted.

Roll the dice...
I got a 6 17!

I attempted to reroll noggle and I got RALITSA again.
Fate has decided she is cursed for now. Nothing I can do.

@starfye for judgement i present
ATLPmFi.png
I love banana boy. The boots, not so much......

@AerusOnward You're right, I AM surprised! I see the red crackle everywhere and my eyes can't. Either way, ridgeback is distinctly not deviljho energy for me so he must go. I don't think I shared an image of him last time, but you can see the angry pickle here if you wanted.
----- [columns][item=Striated Rock][nextcol][size=4][i]There's a tale to be told![/i][/size][br][size=5]Vinorak's tale continues [/size][/columns]----- It was difficult to judge the passage of time. Counting seconds or feet walked would constantly get interrupted by phantom sounds. After awhile, Vinorak gave up on keeping track of the time and just devoted his full attention to finding a way out. Although he couldn't say how far he'd walked, he was certain that he must have left the lair long ago. What was also odd is how large the tunnel had become. He could easily fly but he kept to the ground for free of becoming too visible. Once or twice he'd heard bright skittering, like metallic legs on the wall. He'd hidden behind a large rock, barely breathing until the sound was far gone. He'd then spent a few minutes rolling around on the hard ground, trying to wipe the charged duneberry juice off. The ground proved too hard so he ended up digging a small hole to dislodge the dirt. He suffered a coughing fit from his overzealous dirt bath but was able to remove the cyan hue that had been plaguing him. His steady gait turned into a drunken stumble and his eyelids grew heavy before he finally heard something besides the oppressive scratch of his claws on the cave floor. It started so low that he didn't notice it at first; a soft, steady drone. He only realized when it became so loud that he as having trouble thinking and he realized that it wasn't just brain fog from his exhausted mind but something external. Vinorak reached the end of the tunnel and couldn't find the sound but it was deafening. He searched all around him before sighing in frustration, trapped at another dead end, close to a new lead but with nothing to show for it. As he bemoaned his fate and reflexively tried looking up at the sky, he spotted a small crack. He flew closer and the hum grew louder. With no idea what was on the other side, he flew through and found himself in a tunnel that could comfortably fit a guardian. The hum was definitely here along with a seemingly endless cord suspended from the ceiling. The tunnel seemed to be on a steep incline and in the deep abyss to his right where the cord disappeared, he heard distant rumbling like a constant earthquake. With no desire to dive deeper into the earth, he decided to take the opposite direction, at least he would end up closer to the surface. So, summoning up all his remaining strength, he started following the enormous cable in the other direction. It wasn't low before he saw a welcome sight, literal light at the end of the tunnel. As he neared the exit, a new sound mixed with the constant churning of rock that had never stopped. The distinctive hum of a voice. It sounded almost cheerful, the tune light and airy. But Vinorak was in no mood to chance fate, not when he was so close to freedom. So instead, he flew even faster to the exit, to the surface. As he breached the tunnel exit, he collapsed, entirely spent of energy. He landed a few inches from a duneberry bush and with the last of his strength, he stretch his neck forward to get a few bites before passing out. In the deep night of the Shifting Expanse, a small, dust colored fae lay passed out, finally free of the earthen maze. ----- @starfye Offbrand Cheese with gold leaf but could only afford the cheap leaf.

Striated Rock There's a tale to be told!
Vinorak's tale continues

It was difficult to judge the passage of time.

Counting seconds or feet walked would constantly get interrupted by phantom sounds.

After awhile, Vinorak gave up on keeping track of the time and just devoted his full attention to finding a way out.

Although he couldn't say how far he'd walked, he was certain that he must have left the lair long ago.

What was also odd is how large the tunnel had become. He could easily fly but he kept to the ground for free of becoming too visible.

Once or twice he'd heard bright skittering, like metallic legs on the wall. He'd hidden behind a large rock, barely breathing until the sound was far gone.

He'd then spent a few minutes rolling around on the hard ground, trying to wipe the charged duneberry juice off. The ground proved too hard so he ended up digging a small hole to dislodge the dirt. He suffered a coughing fit from his overzealous dirt bath but was able to remove the cyan hue that had been plaguing him.

His steady gait turned into a drunken stumble and his eyelids grew heavy before he finally heard something besides the oppressive scratch of his claws on the cave floor.

It started so low that he didn't notice it at first; a soft, steady drone. He only realized when it became so loud that he as having trouble thinking and he realized that it wasn't just brain fog from his exhausted mind but something external.

Vinorak reached the end of the tunnel and couldn't find the sound but it was deafening. He searched all around him before sighing in frustration, trapped at another dead end, close to a new lead but with nothing to show for it.

As he bemoaned his fate and reflexively tried looking up at the sky, he spotted a small crack. He flew closer and the hum grew louder.

With no idea what was on the other side, he flew through and found himself in a tunnel that could comfortably fit a guardian.

The hum was definitely here along with a seemingly endless cord suspended from the ceiling.

The tunnel seemed to be on a steep incline and in the deep abyss to his right where the cord disappeared, he heard distant rumbling like a constant earthquake.

With no desire to dive deeper into the earth, he decided to take the opposite direction, at least he would end up closer to the surface. So, summoning up all his remaining strength, he started following the enormous cable in the other direction.

It wasn't low before he saw a welcome sight, literal light at the end of the tunnel.

As he neared the exit, a new sound mixed with the constant churning of rock that had never stopped. The distinctive hum of a voice. It sounded almost cheerful, the tune light and airy. But Vinorak was in no mood to chance fate, not when he was so close to freedom. So instead, he flew even faster to the exit, to the surface.

As he breached the tunnel exit, he collapsed, entirely spent of energy. He landed a few inches from a duneberry bush and with the last of his strength, he stretch his neck forward to get a few bites before passing out.

In the deep night of the Shifting Expanse, a small, dust colored fae lay passed out, finally free of the earthen maze.

@starfye
Offbrand Cheese with gold leaf but could only afford the cheap leaf.
Stoats for trading
8/22 ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/35756][item=Gold Lustre Vase][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Gold Lustre Vase[/b] - [i]also not cheese[/i][/size][br][size=4]A beautiful glazed drip vase. [/size][/columns]----- RNG has decided the gold boy with gold shoes will now also receive gold jar - trinket means change. Does fully gene-ing the dragon count as one change? 8/24 ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/20128][item=Snipper Claw][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Snipper Claw[/b] - [i]where's the rest of the crab?[/i][/size][br][size=4]No one is entirely sure why you're not discarding this. [/size][/columns]----- The small creature found itself in the sand. It felt hot against his claws and swelled up around them as he walked. He had been following the light, and now it was straight ahead, dimming as it fell below the horizon. It was also dimming, he realized, due to the dragon right in front of it. A large furry dragon slowly searching near its feet and further out. It looked like it was calling for someone? There was no sign of another soul around. He kept moving toward the light, toward the lonely dragon. It looked up as he approached, and he made a sound of greeting and inquiry. The dragon looked confused, but delighted to have finally found what it was looking for. He was not sure how the dragon knew to look for him, maybe it had been the one that laid his egg? He could not have known that Bagel had experienced what it was to have a friend, and then shortly after the loss a friendship can leave behind. In that moment, Bagel was simply glad to have another being around. 8/25 ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/674][item=Berserker][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Berserker[/b] - [i]patch notes today![/i][/size][br][size=4]Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness and +1 Agility. [/size][/columns]----- There has been an update to allow to roll on the apparel table if you get a battle item. I rolled a 4, and purchased many oarfish and turned 77 of them into 1001 seafood.
8/22
Gold Lustre Vase
Gold Lustre Vase - also not cheese
A beautiful glazed drip vase.

RNG has decided the gold boy with gold shoes will now also receive gold jar - trinket means change. Does fully gene-ing the dragon count as one change?

8/24
Snipper Claw
Snipper Claw - where's the rest of the crab?
No one is entirely sure why you're not discarding this.

The small creature found itself in the sand. It felt hot against his claws and swelled up around them as he walked. He had been following the light, and now it was straight ahead, dimming as it fell below the horizon. It was also dimming, he realized, due to the dragon right in front of it. A large furry dragon slowly searching near its feet and further out. It looked like it was calling for someone? There was no sign of another soul around. He kept moving toward the light, toward the lonely dragon.

It looked up as he approached, and he made a sound of greeting and inquiry. The dragon looked confused, but delighted to have finally found what it was looking for. He was not sure how the dragon knew to look for him, maybe it had been the one that laid his egg? He could not have known that Bagel had experienced what it was to have a friend, and then shortly after the loss a friendship can leave behind. In that moment, Bagel was simply glad to have another being around.

8/25
Berserker
Berserker - patch notes today!
Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness and +1 Agility.

There has been an update to allow to roll on the apparel table if you get a battle item. I rolled a 4, and purchased many oarfish and turned 77 of them into 1001 seafood.
----- [columns][item=Scholar][nextcol][size=4][i]Uh-oh! It's time to be productive.[/i][/size][br][size=5]Maybe if the noggle wasn't here, we COULD be productive. [/size][/columns]----- I'm adding Bartu & Bhati into the cast list. [s]Which I forgot to do earlier[/s] And reset myself for keeping up with hatch acheivements.

Scholar Uh-oh! It's time to be productive.
Maybe if the noggle wasn't here, we COULD be productive.

I'm adding Bartu & Bhati into the cast list. Which I forgot to do earlier
And reset myself for keeping up with hatch acheivements.
[columns][item=Black Linen Neck Wrap][nextcol][size=4][i]I didn’t roll a 6. It was uh… They said WHAT?![/i][/size][br][size=5]Hrimdis becomes enemies with Sonor [/size][/columns]----- Hrimdis was out for an evening flight and had just landed. She'd taken a rare opportunity to leave the confines and beaucracy of the clan for a few hours. As she bent down to take a drink for a small oasis, she looked out over the great expanse to admire her homeland in all its natural splendor. She never ended up drinking. Her whole body froze as her eyes locked onto a lavendar fan swimming through the distant desert, lazily weaving and bobbing through the sand. For a moment, she was 30 years younger. In that ancient tunnel. Surrounded and truly hopeless for the first time in her life. When she finally regained her senses, the fan was gone. Was it the same dragon? Logically it was extremely unlikely. But Hrimdis had to know. Even if they weren't, maybe they knew where she could find them. As she lifted off the ground and took flight in chase, she idly wondered what she was really doing this for. Did she want it back? Did she just want revenge? She shook the thoughts away; she knew well enough that she wouldn't truly know till it happened.
Black Linen Neck Wrap I didn’t roll a 6. It was uh… They said WHAT?!
Hrimdis becomes enemies with Sonor

Hrimdis was out for an evening flight and had just landed. She'd taken a rare opportunity to leave the confines and beaucracy of the clan for a few hours. As she bent down to take a drink for a small oasis, she looked out over the great expanse to admire her homeland in all its natural splendor.

She never ended up drinking.

Her whole body froze as her eyes locked onto a lavendar fan swimming through the distant desert, lazily weaving and bobbing through the sand.

For a moment, she was 30 years younger. In that ancient tunnel. Surrounded and truly hopeless for the first time in her life.

When she finally regained her senses, the fan was gone.

Was it the same dragon? Logically it was extremely unlikely.

But Hrimdis had to know. Even if they weren't, maybe they knew where she could find them.

As she lifted off the ground and took flight in chase, she idly wondered what she was really doing this for.

Did she want it back? Did she just want revenge?

She shook the thoughts away; she knew well enough that she wouldn't truly know till it happened.
Stoats for trading
----- [columns][item=Sanded Ash Plank][nextcol][size=4][i]There's a tale to be told![/i][/size][br][size=5]Hrimdis' journey continues [/size][/columns]----- She wasn't used to looking up. Especially not into two beady, red eyes surrounded by golden fur and bright metallic horns. Her entire body was tense, taut as a bow string, and almost vibrating from adrenaline and excitement. Immediately after finding the mysterious map, Hrimdis headed toward the nearest dot, deep in a nearby forest. She wasn't sure what she was going to find but in her gut, she was certain it was what she was looking for. Now, standing in front of this great Goldenbeast, she wanted nothing more than to throw herself into battle. And the creature also seemed of the same mind. His hulking furred frame bent down slightly before he launched himself forward, his mid-flight roar causing the trees around him to bend backwards and the aftershock of his claw swipe leaving deep grooves in the hard forest dirt. Hrimdis was a step quicker and pre-emptively launched herself up before using a high branch to propel herself back down, shattering the branch in the process. Her outstretched jaw grazed the tips of the Goldenbeast's fur as he twisted out of the way. The two collided and tumbled, their bodies quickly riddled with claw and scratch marks. The enormous tumbleweed of destruction barreled through the forest undergrowth, leaving a red-tinged debris field in its wake. Just moments later, the jumbled mess of strength and power came to an abrupt halt as Hrimdis stood over her opponent, her body arched up as she gazed down at the quickly fading opponent. As he took his last breath, she quickly turned away and walked back to where she'd met the beast, gently picking up the pack she'd set down. She seemed oblivious to the deep gash on her left side from her foe's fangs or the long scratches left by the Goldenbeast's spikes. Her focus seemed entirely set on the map as she tried to decide which pin to travel to next.

Sanded Ash Plank There's a tale to be told!
Hrimdis' journey continues

She wasn't used to looking up.

Especially not into two beady, red eyes surrounded by golden fur and bright metallic horns. Her entire body was tense, taut as a bow string, and almost vibrating from adrenaline and excitement.

Immediately after finding the mysterious map, Hrimdis headed toward the nearest dot, deep in a nearby forest. She wasn't sure what she was going to find but in her gut, she was certain it was what she was looking for.

Now, standing in front of this great Goldenbeast, she wanted nothing more than to throw herself into battle. And the creature also seemed of the same mind.

His hulking furred frame bent down slightly before he launched himself forward, his mid-flight roar causing the trees around him to bend backwards and the aftershock of his claw swipe leaving deep grooves in the hard forest dirt. Hrimdis was a step quicker and pre-emptively launched herself up before using a high branch to propel herself back down, shattering the branch in the process.

Her outstretched jaw grazed the tips of the Goldenbeast's fur as he twisted out of the way. The two collided and tumbled, their bodies quickly riddled with claw and scratch marks. The enormous tumbleweed of destruction barreled through the forest undergrowth, leaving a red-tinged debris field in its wake.

Just moments later, the jumbled mess of strength and power came to an abrupt halt as Hrimdis stood over her opponent, her body arched up as she gazed down at the quickly fading opponent.

As he took his last breath, she quickly turned away and walked back to where she'd met the beast, gently picking up the pack she'd set down.
She seemed oblivious to the deep gash on her left side from her foe's fangs or the long scratches left by the Goldenbeast's spikes.

Her focus seemed entirely set on the map as she tried to decide which pin to travel to next.
Stoats for trading
Today we rolled a 3, and Sonor was rolled…

Sonor avoids oases like the plague. When once Sahara suggested they pay a visit to the largest in the dessert, to enjoy some of the water and interact with the communities there, he at first laughed it off and made excuses. When she pressed, he politely but firmly declined, but said he’d be happy for her to take a trip there alone. He didn’t offer any more information.

Sonor is usually an open book, and very easygoing. But the thought of visiting an oasis made him look almost…haunted. It is not often that he doesn’t elaborate on his feelings.

Today we rolled a 3, and Sonor was rolled…

Sonor avoids oases like the plague. When once Sahara suggested they pay a visit to the largest in the dessert, to enjoy some of the water and interact with the communities there, he at first laughed it off and made excuses. When she pressed, he politely but firmly declined, but said he’d be happy for her to take a trip there alone. He didn’t offer any more information.

Sonor is usually an open book, and very easygoing. But the thought of visiting an oasis made him look almost…haunted. It is not often that he doesn’t elaborate on his feelings.

tumblr_ochg4uDlB11us53xfo7_r1_500.png
9/4 ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/28262][item=Avian Gemstaff][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Avian Gemstaff[/b] - [i]fancy driftwood[/i][/size][br][size=4]While this bejeweled staff doesn't itself carry any magical powers, it appears as though it does. Which might make all the difference to how its wielder fares in battle. [/size][/columns]----- Trinket - RNG Shea. I'll set up Shea's bio today to match the others. 9/5 ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/674][item=Berserker][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Berserker[/b] - [i]back to work[/i][/size][br][size=4]Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness and +1 Agility. [/size][/columns]----- Task organizing (also doing so in my planner for the week for IRL stuff) All hib-den tasks (more have been added apparently) - Remaining: Cinder, Blaze, Aberration, Aether, (and the two bosses I have but can't bring myself to part with) Awaken/discover all familiars (always more) - In progress Fiona Familiars: Shorn Cerdae, False Eye Depin, Watermelon Puffer, Platewing Messenger, Glowing Sea Dragon Near term Achievement goals - It's Electrifying: Acquire a Sandsurge dragon - Monster Mash (3000): Defeat 3000 monsters in the coli (98% done)
9/4
Avian Gemstaff
Avian Gemstaff - fancy driftwood
While this bejeweled staff doesn't itself carry any magical powers, it appears as though it does. Which might make all the difference to how its wielder fares in battle.

Trinket - RNG Shea. I'll set up Shea's bio today to match the others.

9/5
Berserker
Berserker - back to work
Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness and +1 Agility.

Task organizing (also doing so in my planner for the week for IRL stuff)

All hib-den tasks (more have been added apparently)
- Remaining: Cinder, Blaze, Aberration, Aether, (and the two bosses I have but can't bring myself to part with)

Awaken/discover all familiars (always more)
- In progress Fiona Familiars: Shorn Cerdae, False Eye Depin, Watermelon Puffer, Platewing Messenger, Glowing Sea Dragon

Near term Achievement goals
- It's Electrifying: Acquire a Sandsurge dragon
- Monster Mash (3000): Defeat 3000 monsters in the coli (98% done)
9/21 ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/28262][item=Lavender Highnoon Hank][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Lavender Highnoon Hank[/b] - [i]fancy driftwood[/i][/size][br][size=4]A simple lavender bandana tied around the neck blocks the sun and really pulls the whole look together! [/size][/columns]----- Apparel RNG 18, RNG @ScarletAmaryllis, RNG Ralitsa, Reroll RNG (due to Noggle) Bartu Today I have produced for your enjoyment, a business card (with proposed/presumed business idea) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/398646585329975326/1154402195471601695/image.png[/img] (prepared using VistaPrint design)
9/21
Lavender Highnoon Hank
Lavender Highnoon Hank - fancy driftwood
A simple lavender bandana tied around the neck blocks the sun and really pulls the whole look together!

Apparel RNG 18, RNG @ScarletAmaryllis, RNG Ralitsa, Reroll RNG (due to Noggle) Bartu

Today I have produced for your enjoyment, a business card (with proposed/presumed business idea)

image.png

(prepared using VistaPrint design)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12