Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Accessibility
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Agreeing w/ everyone else re: commas - for me it's less a sight issue and more a parsing numbers issue, I have dyscalculia and REAL big number combos can very easily get turned around in my head, I often think I have more or less than I do and the clarity of commas in treasure especially would be a massive help <3

In general though, keep up the good work re: accessibility!! Dark mode sounds super useful :)
Agreeing w/ everyone else re: commas - for me it's less a sight issue and more a parsing numbers issue, I have dyscalculia and REAL big number combos can very easily get turned around in my head, I often think I have more or less than I do and the clarity of commas in treasure especially would be a massive help <3

In general though, keep up the good work re: accessibility!! Dark mode sounds super useful :)
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
[quote name="Werepunk" date="2023-08-25 20:31:57" ] No doubt dark mode will come with a toggle. If it bothers you, simply don't use it. [/quote] Again, I can only hope that this is the case. Lots of things on my mobile phone in power saver mode default to dark mode with no option to change it. And, as I guessed as much, someone has already provided your friend with a solution to their problem without FR having to do a thing, so again, why make something if it's not needed.
Werepunk wrote on 2023-08-25 20:31:57:
No doubt dark mode will come with a toggle. If it bothers you, simply don't use it.

Again, I can only hope that this is the case. Lots of things on my mobile phone in power saver mode default to dark mode with no option to change it.

And, as I guessed as much, someone has already provided your friend with a solution to their problem without FR having to do a thing, so again, why make something if it's not needed.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
I'm pumped for a dark mode, it's gonna make actually doing coliseum less straining
I'm pumped for a dark mode, it's gonna make actually doing coliseum less straining
|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
Some people in this thread should really stop talking <3
Some people in this thread should really stop talking <3
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[quote name="@Nekroba" date="2023-08-25 21:16:31" ] And, as I guessed as much, someone has already provided your friend with a solution to their problem without FR having to do a thing, so again, why make something if it's not needed. [/quote] Respectfully, it is needed. Not all users have the freedom or comfort to install browser extensions, and they are [b]not[/b] the same as having native support of alternate themes. Third-party extensions are not available for all devices, and are not guaranteed to be safe for users, nor do all users have the ability to make modifications to their browsers (e.g. those with devices managed by a parent, school, or employer). Further, the devs have already said that they are looking at introducing the ability for players to select from a variety of site themes, dark mode among them, so you are hardly at risk of being forced into using dark mode against your wishes. I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with dark mode implementation elsewhere, but please do not dismiss the needs of others. Instead, provide constructive feedback to the devs, such as raising your concern about automatic triggers of themes, so the devs can consider those experiences and build a final product that is supportive of as many people as possible, with all the varied needs those people have.
@Nekroba wrote on 2023-08-25 21:16:31:
And, as I guessed as much, someone has already provided your friend with a solution to their problem without FR having to do a thing, so again, why make something if it's not needed.

Respectfully, it is needed. Not all users have the freedom or comfort to install browser extensions, and they are not the same as having native support of alternate themes. Third-party extensions are not available for all devices, and are not guaranteed to be safe for users, nor do all users have the ability to make modifications to their browsers (e.g. those with devices managed by a parent, school, or employer).

Further, the devs have already said that they are looking at introducing the ability for players to select from a variety of site themes, dark mode among them, so you are hardly at risk of being forced into using dark mode against your wishes.

I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with dark mode implementation elsewhere, but please do not dismiss the needs of others. Instead, provide constructive feedback to the devs, such as raising your concern about automatic triggers of themes, so the devs can consider those experiences and build a final product that is supportive of as many people as possible, with all the varied needs those people have.
I still think the camping mechanic is the worst thing that was ever added to this game.And to me it shows that none of the staff play the game like we do.

It shows up WAY too often, every five to ten battles and sometimes you get a camping screen before your very first battle, which is loads of fun and really makes me want to keep playing!

I have bad eyesight, among other things, that make it incredibly frustrating to solve this captcha every few battles and often I get locked out.

It's made me avoid the Coliseum unless the rewards are high like an event. But even then I don't play nearly as much as I used too.

I get you want to stop botting but I feel there are better ways to do that.
I still think the camping mechanic is the worst thing that was ever added to this game.And to me it shows that none of the staff play the game like we do.

It shows up WAY too often, every five to ten battles and sometimes you get a camping screen before your very first battle, which is loads of fun and really makes me want to keep playing!

I have bad eyesight, among other things, that make it incredibly frustrating to solve this captcha every few battles and often I get locked out.

It's made me avoid the Coliseum unless the rewards are high like an event. But even then I don't play nearly as much as I used too.

I get you want to stop botting but I feel there are better ways to do that.

what excellent news!

what excellent news!
'Hurray Dark mode!
'Hurray Dark mode!
[quote name="Nikaido" date="2023-08-25 21:38:46" ] I'm pumped for a dark mode, it's gonna make actually doing coliseum less straining [/quote] Gonna make the site a little more bearable over all honesty. I have very light sensitive eyes, so one more site with dark mode is a win for me. :)
Nikaido wrote on 2023-08-25 21:38:46:
Gonna make the site a little more bearable over all honesty. I have very light sensitive eyes, so one more site with dark mode is a win for me. :)
As someone who has to play exclusively on mobile and also has astigmatism, huge fan of an official site made dark mode so I can actually use it.

I highly doubt the devs would just change the entire site to soley darkmode without a toggle, because outside a few exceptions that is the standard for websites to do.

Because of my astigmatism, my entire phone screen being bright white is more like looking into a headlight than looking at small white text on an otherwise dark screen.

I really don't see why it's so impossible to understand why people would want to have the option who otherwise don't!
As someone who has to play exclusively on mobile and also has astigmatism, huge fan of an official site made dark mode so I can actually use it.

I highly doubt the devs would just change the entire site to soley darkmode without a toggle, because outside a few exceptions that is the standard for websites to do.

Because of my astigmatism, my entire phone screen being bright white is more like looking into a headlight than looking at small white text on an otherwise dark screen.

I really don't see why it's so impossible to understand why people would want to have the option who otherwise don't!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29