Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Line from the Nearest Book Game
1 2 3 4 5 6
I haven't seen a game like this yet, and it's one I enjoy playing just for the heck of it, so I thought I'd post it to the forums. Simple rules!

1. Pick up the nearest book to you
2. Go to the page number that the user above you posted
3. Write out the first full sentence on that page
4. Post a page number for the next person

Since there's no one ahead of me, I asked @bearsarkr to give me a number (97).

Little barrettes shaped like unicorns twinkled behind her ears.

Next Person: Page 34
I haven't seen a game like this yet, and it's one I enjoy playing just for the heck of it, so I thought I'd post it to the forums. Simple rules!

1. Pick up the nearest book to you
2. Go to the page number that the user above you posted
3. Write out the first full sentence on that page
4. Post a page number for the next person

Since there's no one ahead of me, I asked @bearsarkr to give me a number (97).

Little barrettes shaped like unicorns twinkled behind her ears.

Next Person: Page 34
mmS3ZtK.gifIzB9vJM.gifN4Bs15L.gifmlxx12Y.giff6ZeHT4.gifpKgPmMh.gif2ypyPzX.gifjInHI31.gif
He slapped the collapsed weapon into the locking holster on his hip.

NEXT PERSON: 170
He slapped the collapsed weapon into the locking holster on his hip.

NEXT PERSON: 170
“But…if you don’t really believe in the Survivor, I don’t think he would want you speaking his name.”

Next: 323 (or 23 if the book isn’t that long)
“But…if you don’t really believe in the Survivor, I don’t think he would want you speaking his name.”

Next: 323 (or 23 if the book isn’t that long)
L5JRtTP.gif
If Carson had killed the hunter and was, for whatever reason, putting the deed at Sedric's door, he wanted the man to know he could own up to it and Leftrin wouldn't think less of him.

Next Person: Page 129
If Carson had killed the hunter and was, for whatever reason, putting the deed at Sedric's door, he wanted the man to know he could own up to it and Leftrin wouldn't think less of him.

Next Person: Page 129
mmS3ZtK.gifIzB9vJM.gifN4Bs15L.gifmlxx12Y.giff6ZeHT4.gifpKgPmMh.gif2ypyPzX.gifjInHI31.gif
[quote name=Page_23]Anyway they grew immensely rich and famous, and my grandfather was King under the Mountain again, and treated with great reverence by the mortal men, who lived to the South, and were gradually spreading up the Running River as far as the valley overshadowed by the Mountain.[/quote] [right]--[i]The Hobbit[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien[/right] (Dang, I forgot Thorin was so long-winded. o.o) EDIT: Not surprised I got sniped. {X D So here's page 129 from the same book: [quote name=Page_129]"Where is our host, and where have [i]you[/i] been all day yourself?" they all cried.[/quote] (Now with formatting, because why not?) [b]Next:[/b] 256 (or 56)
Page_23 wrote:
Anyway they grew immensely rich and famous, and my grandfather was King under the Mountain again, and treated with great reverence by the mortal men, who lived to the South, and were gradually spreading up the Running River as far as the valley overshadowed by the Mountain.
--The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
(Dang, I forgot Thorin was so long-winded. o.o)

EDIT: Not surprised I got sniped. {X D So here's page 129 from the same book:

Page_129 wrote:
"Where is our host, and where have you been all day yourself?" they all cried.

(Now with formatting, because why not?)

Next: 256 (or 56)
______ My subspecies:

Custodians

Surgeons &
Chirurgeons
______
e9zjkNh.png
______
RWIOMq1.png
"Anyone from the Southern Reach could have drawn that on the wall-Whitby as prime suspect other than the former director."

(book: Authority by Jeff Vandermeer)

next: 151
"Anyone from the Southern Reach could have drawn that on the wall-Whitby as prime suspect other than the former director."

(book: Authority by Jeff Vandermeer)

next: 151
Sj6j121.png
zpmUYjD.png
mHG2UNd.png
Jd88XNq.png
FY88vH7.png A2n6lGl.png DlO6vXs.gif
eESLWsA.gif
"Para athletes have it pretty rough."

(Manga: Run on Your New Legs)
next:34
"Para athletes have it pretty rough."

(Manga: Run on Your New Legs)
next:34

water.gif
XC93sMs.png
pLcovI9.png
92n1dwB.png
G1BsL0x.png
eswSnrS.png
SKeDIUd.png
@FayWildImaginal

“Connor just stares at me.” - Dear Evan Hansen: The Novel, Val Emmich

NP: Page 56
@FayWildImaginal

“Connor just stares at me.” - Dear Evan Hansen: The Novel, Val Emmich

NP: Page 56
I have too many fandoms... and too many ships. I love Broadway musicals

She/Her pronouns LBGTQ+ Ally

?whfsX=platform.png
"Ich bezweifle, ob sich Gutter die Briefe überhaupt angeschaut hat" - Mietek Pemper

Next person: Page 86?

"Ich bezweifle, ob sich Gutter die Briefe überhaupt angeschaut hat" - Mietek Pemper

Next person: Page 86?

wxCJ5YT.png A4kFSX0.gif 0RkIXkR.png o9WVFLz.gif nTvgF2Q.png wxCJ5YT.png
Snowfall considered making her wake up, which was a thing a queen could certainly do, except then the queen would have to explain that she'd been freaked out by a bad dream and just wanted company, which didn't seem regal at all, really.
that was certainly an interesting sentence. it's from wings of fire the dangerous gift if you're curious

next: page 57?
Snowfall considered making her wake up, which was a thing a queen could certainly do, except then the queen would have to explain that she'd been freaked out by a bad dream and just wanted company, which didn't seem regal at all, really.
that was certainly an interesting sentence. it's from wings of fire the dangerous gift if you're curious

next: page 57?
output-onlinegiftools.gif hZipXGO.png rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
4WPArK6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6