Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Glass & Gloss' Genuine Genes
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 41 42
yes
yes
94408102p.pngENFP Accent: aaaa-bomb Accent: movie watching Accent: Coloured footprint Accent: Footprint
@songwithnosoul

I understand the concept, but I'd argue that those genes DO cost currency for those who don't participate in those events often enough to achieve everything for "free." I don't grind Coli, I don't wait around for Swipp, I earn gems thru other forms of gameplay and spend that on the AH.

So if I wanted to buy the genes for an ancient before, I'd only be spending a few 100g, if that, to gene a dragon. But for a modern, I easily spend x5 that amount in gems.

For instance, modern Flecks was 180g on the AH today, but the ancient versions are only 20g. Will modern Flecks have such a high drop rate now that the price for moderns goes down to 20g? or will ancient Flecks prices go up? Hard to tell, which is why I am confused. Changes to FR economy are bound to happen, but something like this has a chance of ruining the entire appeal of ancients in the first place.
@songwithnosoul

I understand the concept, but I'd argue that those genes DO cost currency for those who don't participate in those events often enough to achieve everything for "free." I don't grind Coli, I don't wait around for Swipp, I earn gems thru other forms of gameplay and spend that on the AH.

So if I wanted to buy the genes for an ancient before, I'd only be spending a few 100g, if that, to gene a dragon. But for a modern, I easily spend x5 that amount in gems.

For instance, modern Flecks was 180g on the AH today, but the ancient versions are only 20g. Will modern Flecks have such a high drop rate now that the price for moderns goes down to 20g? or will ancient Flecks prices go up? Hard to tell, which is why I am confused. Changes to FR economy are bound to happen, but something like this has a chance of ruining the entire appeal of ancients in the first place.
teRaSHFw_o.pngeuDTIgez_o.png
Cool! ^^
Cool! ^^
3hKoziR.pnglAvpyOQ.pngYMPbu9R.png
J7D1quC.png qKZAaLK.pngQNbfPfg.png
LOOOVE this npc. gorgeousss
LOOOVE this npc. gorgeousss
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
TRIANGLE EARRINGS OH PLEASE GIVE US
TRIANGLE EARRINGS OH PLEASE GIVE US
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
@Shadeyrain

Ah, I see. Fair enough.
@Shadeyrain

Ah, I see. Fair enough.
[quote]Tertiary Gene: Firefly (Aberration)(Veilspun) now available by exchanging Tertiary Gene: Firefly. The ancient versions of these genes have been removed from Swipp's Swap Stand list of potential trades. The modern version continues to be a trade available from Swipp's Swap Stand, has had its frequency increased, had the Fanned Cockroach needed reduced by 10, and [b]had the Firebug component of the trade swapped out for the easier to obtain Inky Baby[/b] from the previous aberration version of the trade.[/quote] Am I the only one who thinks one Gathering drop familiar is much easier to obtain than 50 Coliseum food items? Like, I know I'm an outlier, but I have eight Firebugs chilling in my vault right now just incidentally, whereas in 9 years on this site, I have never once owned an Inky Baby. It would be nice if the Inky Baby could be made available through gathering as well.
Quote:
Tertiary Gene: Firefly (Aberration)(Veilspun) now available by exchanging Tertiary Gene: Firefly. The ancient versions of these genes have been removed from Swipp's Swap Stand list of potential trades. The modern version continues to be a trade available from Swipp's Swap Stand, has had its frequency increased, had the Fanned Cockroach needed reduced by 10, and had the Firebug component of the trade swapped out for the easier to obtain Inky Baby from the previous aberration version of the trade.

Am I the only one who thinks one Gathering drop familiar is much easier to obtain than 50 Coliseum food items?

Like, I know I'm an outlier, but I have eight Firebugs chilling in my vault right now just incidentally, whereas in 9 years on this site, I have never once owned an Inky Baby.

It would be nice if the Inky Baby could be made available through gathering as well.
Thanks for the update!
I'm still kinda iffy about the whole ancient gene system as it gets more chaotic after each ancient release, but I know you guys are working on improving it.
Thanks for the update!
I'm still kinda iffy about the whole ancient gene system as it gets more chaotic after each ancient release, but I know you guys are working on improving it.

Art by
Rashakiro
MxpKMoG.png_________________________________
~ Crazy
He/him
Brazilian
(FR+5)
Our first Ancient shopkeep! I love them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the gene bloat is combatted in the MP. I, for one, hate how purchasing an item deletes all your filters and sends you back to the front page. I hope this will be addressed, too.
Our first Ancient shopkeep! I love them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the gene bloat is combatted in the MP. I, for one, hate how purchasing an item deletes all your filters and sends you back to the front page. I hope this will be addressed, too.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
Maybe with this update some of my scries might actually see the light! Also the new npc is absolutely beautiful!!!
Maybe with this update some of my scries might actually see the light! Also the new npc is absolutely beautiful!!!
NovemNine Co-founder of Twae&Twas Hatchery
They/Them
"Emissary of chaos" and "attaché of the crows"
"Even my anxiety has anxiety"
-me
HdmxfuE.pngQUIpVFE.pngcaNmJrr.pngNRzNXGI.png8THzvGj.png8Uxed6I.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 41 42