Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Non-English music recs?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@kloverse WOAH I hadn't heard of Detektivbyrån, but I instantly recognized the sound; I listen to some of the members' later work! I also did NOT realize that Anders Flanderz and the Wintergatan inventor guy were siblings, that's amazing. What a family that must be.

Wintergatan hasn't made music in years, so it's nice to know that at least there's more music like theirs from the past that I haven't heard c:
@kloverse WOAH I hadn't heard of Detektivbyrån, but I instantly recognized the sound; I listen to some of the members' later work! I also did NOT realize that Anders Flanderz and the Wintergatan inventor guy were siblings, that's amazing. What a family that must be.

Wintergatan hasn't made music in years, so it's nice to know that at least there's more music like theirs from the past that I haven't heard c:
tumblr_inline_o732liQHsK1qdi0df_540.jpg
[quote name="soyrwoo" date="2023-08-14 15:00:55" ] Folks... you cannot all be thinking that Dragostea Din Tei wasn't famous in the US or Japan, ahaha. It was a huge meme in the US and full-on mainstream in Japan! The guy in my forum signature performed it with O-zone on a major TV show. I have their album and my favorite of their songs is Despre Tine c: [/quote] ah I didn't notice the 'not famous in the us or japan' part, I was [i]just[/i] focused on the languages lol
soyrwoo wrote on 2023-08-14 15:00:55:
Folks... you cannot all be thinking that Dragostea Din Tei wasn't famous in the US or Japan, ahaha. It was a huge meme in the US and full-on mainstream in Japan! The guy in my forum signature performed it with O-zone on a major TV show. I have their album and my favorite of their songs is Despre Tine c:

ah I didn't notice the 'not famous in the us or japan' part, I was just focused on the languages lol
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Sharing some of my favourite non-english songs! None of these are in my native tongue so for the most part i have no clue what they're about, but i just really love the songs :D All links are spotify links, because i'm pulling these from my own playlist.

Mamo ty? p?aka?a by sanah, igor herbut

Silhouette by Gjon's Tears (he was on eurovision 2021 with a song Tout l'univers, highly recommend checking that one and the 2020 entry Répondez-moi)

Verd Mín by Eivør (also recommend watching the live video for Tròdlabùndin!! Anything from her Slør album is amazing)

Chantey by AKMU

And lastly, Dimash Qudaibergen! Dimash is a kazakh artist whose gone semi-viral on youtube, mainly as a reaction fodder. He has a ton of good covers and songs, i recommend checking out youtube videos of his live performances:
S.O.S. d'un terrien en détresse
Greshnaya strast
Love is like a dream
Sharing some of my favourite non-english songs! None of these are in my native tongue so for the most part i have no clue what they're about, but i just really love the songs :D All links are spotify links, because i'm pulling these from my own playlist.

Mamo ty? p?aka?a by sanah, igor herbut

Silhouette by Gjon's Tears (he was on eurovision 2021 with a song Tout l'univers, highly recommend checking that one and the 2020 entry Répondez-moi)

Verd Mín by Eivør (also recommend watching the live video for Tròdlabùndin!! Anything from her Slør album is amazing)

Chantey by AKMU

And lastly, Dimash Qudaibergen! Dimash is a kazakh artist whose gone semi-viral on youtube, mainly as a reaction fodder. He has a ton of good covers and songs, i recommend checking out youtube videos of his live performances:
S.O.S. d'un terrien en détresse
Greshnaya strast
Love is like a dream
@Yews they/them
My favourite dragon
Arcane Battlestone Bank
Arcane Food Bank
secrets_for_center_purposes
01110111 01101000 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01101101 01101110 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101110 01110101 01110100
ssecretssFRT +10
secreteswSnrS.png
secretHouhGS9.pngsecret
Pachuco - La Maldita Vecindad y los Hijos del Quinto Patio

Espérame and Something - Los Amigos Invisibles

Olha pro ceu is sung by Brazilian artist Emicida (shhh, I know the instrumental is mainly by a Japanese band)
Pachuco - La Maldita Vecindad y los Hijos del Quinto Patio

Espérame and Something - Los Amigos Invisibles

Olha pro ceu is sung by Brazilian artist Emicida (shhh, I know the instrumental is mainly by a Japanese band)
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
I don't have the time to check the whole thread for any doubles so I'm just gonna plonk down a list of songs that I like :D
Federkleid - Faun
Tanz mit mir - Faun
Temnaya Noch - Mark Bernes
Nikt - Lor
Fantastig Toch - Eva de Roovere
Með hækkandi sól - Systur
Vergis Ik Mij - Roosbeef
Agu Pema - Passang Lhamo
Nehalennia - Twigs & Twine
Mun Vereni - Pekko Käppi & K:H:H:L
Sirály - Thy Catafalque
Resistansen - Kaizers Orchestra
Virkelighetens Etterklang - Kalandra

Also my 3 hour long playlist of my favorite Dutch music!

I don't have the time to check the whole thread for any doubles so I'm just gonna plonk down a list of songs that I like :D
Federkleid - Faun
Tanz mit mir - Faun
Temnaya Noch - Mark Bernes
Nikt - Lor
Fantastig Toch - Eva de Roovere
Með hækkandi sól - Systur
Vergis Ik Mij - Roosbeef
Agu Pema - Passang Lhamo
Nehalennia - Twigs & Twine
Mun Vereni - Pekko Käppi & K:H:H:L
Sirály - Thy Catafalque
Resistansen - Kaizers Orchestra
Virkelighetens Etterklang - Kalandra

Also my 3 hour long playlist of my favorite Dutch music!

[quote name="soyrwoo" date="2023-08-14 19:45:45" ] @kloverse WOAH I hadn't heard of Detektivbyrån, but I instantly recognized the sound; I listen to some of the members' later work! I also did NOT realize that Anders Flanderz and the Wintergatan inventor guy were siblings, that's amazing. What a family that must be. Wintergatan hasn't made music in years, so it's nice to know that at least there's more music like theirs from the past that I haven't heard c: [/quote] @soyrwoo woah !! i didn't know they had other music projects, so this is a pleasant surprise to me as well :] just listened to sommarfågel by wintergatan and yeah . wow that is immediately so connected to the sound i love so much . lovely to know there's more of it out there !
soyrwoo wrote on 2023-08-14 19:45:45:

@soyrwoo woah !! i didn't know they had other music projects, so this is a pleasant surprise to me as well :] just listened to sommarfågel by wintergatan and yeah . wow that is immediately so connected to the sound i love so much . lovely to know there's more of it out there !
EfczGxX.png
klo(ver)
he/she
fr+3
g1 collector + gijinka artist !
art shop | wishlist
love this thread!

some of my favs:
Ellinoora- finnish
Vesta- finnish
Pomme- french
Rosalia- spanish, some english lyrics
Lexie Liu- chinese, some english lyrics
im bad at genres, but they're all pop or pop adjacent lol
love this thread!

some of my favs:
Ellinoora- finnish
Vesta- finnish
Pomme- french
Rosalia- spanish, some english lyrics
Lexie Liu- chinese, some english lyrics
im bad at genres, but they're all pop or pop adjacent lol
IMG_8704.png
i don't have any favorite SONGS per se, but i do have a few music artists / bands i can recommend!!

personally i love lebanon hanover (german)!! the vocals are just so... oddly haunting? it's so hard to describe it lol... the guitar / bass are js SO GOOD THOUGH OH MY GOD especially on gallowdance its js so GGHHHHHHGGHHRGHRURUGHRHG

molchat doma is a band from belarus, but most of their music is in russian. the synth paired with the vocals almost creates a kind of...dreary sound? i'm all down for it though lol. i also have to talk abt the album covers too because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. the obscure sketches of brutalist, massive, concrete structures just create the perfect tone especially when paired with the music (i'm starting to ramble but uuuggggghhhhhhh the covers are just SO GOOD...)
i don't have any favorite SONGS per se, but i do have a few music artists / bands i can recommend!!

personally i love lebanon hanover (german)!! the vocals are just so... oddly haunting? it's so hard to describe it lol... the guitar / bass are js SO GOOD THOUGH OH MY GOD especially on gallowdance its js so GGHHHHHHGGHHRGHRURUGHRHG

molchat doma is a band from belarus, but most of their music is in russian. the synth paired with the vocals almost creates a kind of...dreary sound? i'm all down for it though lol. i also have to talk abt the album covers too because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. the obscure sketches of brutalist, massive, concrete structures just create the perfect tone especially when paired with the music (i'm starting to ramble but uuuggggghhhhhhh the covers are just SO GOOD...)
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
I don't recognize most of the artists on your list so i'm not exactly sure what kind of music you generally listen to, but I'm into indie pop/rock and these are some smaller artists i like that also happen to have music in other languages. Verde Pastel - Senor Kino: summery upbeat spanish song Chanson d'une rouspeteuse - Lisa LeBlanc: classical american country song, but in french. Very funny, but also really hits. Hijo De Papa - Mustard Service: I <3 mustard service, i have a fandragon of their english album. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82946869][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/829469/82946869_350.png[/img][/url] they're from miami so they have a few spanish songs, but also a few french ones?? Chicano chromo - Los Shadows: another hip fun spanish song Jersey - Granville: Punchy french indie rock
I don't recognize most of the artists on your list so i'm not exactly sure what kind of music you generally listen to, but I'm into indie pop/rock and these are some smaller artists i like that also happen to have music in other languages.

Verde Pastel - Senor Kino: summery upbeat spanish song
Chanson d'une rouspeteuse - Lisa LeBlanc: classical american country song, but in french. Very funny, but also really hits.

Hijo De Papa - Mustard Service: I <3 mustard service, i have a fandragon of their english album.
82946869_350.png they're from miami so they have a few spanish songs, but also a few french ones??

Chicano chromo - Los Shadows: another hip fun spanish song

Jersey - Granville: Punchy french indie rock
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
I like a Ukrainian rock band called Smetana Band
I like a Ukrainian rock band called Smetana Band
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9