Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | School of Dragons- A New Dawn (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(It's all good, I'm excited to have you join in!)
(It's all good, I'm excited to have you join in!)
Not long after Hiccup and Toothless left the Lookout, a mostly black figure zipped across the sky at an insane speed, seeming to be surrounded in crackling lightning. The figure, a titan Skrill, turned and dived towards the large opening where the three other riders were, coming in for a fast and rather rough landing. Due to the impact and the size of the dragon, a small and somewhat shallow crater was formed in the ground around the powerful beast. The lightning around the Skrill faded away, revealed the armored rider on it's back.

The helmet fell from the rider's head as she stumbled to get off her large dragon. She was catching her breath from the rush, her face covered with dirt and ash and her midnight black hair a mess. She reached over to pick up her helmet, before letting out a loud sigh. "Apologies for my delay. What did I miss?" The stocky female viking, Torhild, asked while trying to fix her hair. And her Skrill, Sky Jumper, let out a friendly coo to the other dragons, as if to greet them.
Not long after Hiccup and Toothless left the Lookout, a mostly black figure zipped across the sky at an insane speed, seeming to be surrounded in crackling lightning. The figure, a titan Skrill, turned and dived towards the large opening where the three other riders were, coming in for a fast and rather rough landing. Due to the impact and the size of the dragon, a small and somewhat shallow crater was formed in the ground around the powerful beast. The lightning around the Skrill faded away, revealed the armored rider on it's back.

The helmet fell from the rider's head as she stumbled to get off her large dragon. She was catching her breath from the rush, her face covered with dirt and ash and her midnight black hair a mess. She reached over to pick up her helmet, before letting out a loud sigh. "Apologies for my delay. What did I miss?" The stocky female viking, Torhild, asked while trying to fix her hair. And her Skrill, Sky Jumper, let out a friendly coo to the other dragons, as if to greet them.
OOFD: Overly Obsessive Fangirl Disorder
Admittedly, the entrance started Jaok a bit. But that concern quickly faded.

"Not a ton. Basically we're setting up a base to scout out rumors of a new type of dragon and watch for dragons riders. We have a supply list and a map if you want to see." Jaok offered her the papers, rubbing the back of his neck with the other hand. She seemed fairly sure of herself, which was good because he wasn't especially.

Meanwhile, Darkspray decided that she quite liked the look of the huge Skrill. The cheeky little Timberjack flapped on over, despite the fact that even with her massive wings, she was only the size of the Skrill's head. She set her ball in front of him and gave an inquisitive chirp, then a small burst of flame, trying to convince him to play with her.
Admittedly, the entrance started Jaok a bit. But that concern quickly faded.

"Not a ton. Basically we're setting up a base to scout out rumors of a new type of dragon and watch for dragons riders. We have a supply list and a map if you want to see." Jaok offered her the papers, rubbing the back of his neck with the other hand. She seemed fairly sure of herself, which was good because he wasn't especially.

Meanwhile, Darkspray decided that she quite liked the look of the huge Skrill. The cheeky little Timberjack flapped on over, despite the fact that even with her massive wings, she was only the size of the Skrill's head. She set her ball in front of him and gave an inquisitive chirp, then a small burst of flame, trying to convince him to play with her.
I almost drew my sword in surprise at the sudden entrance. I let my hand slip from the handle and exhaled quickly. Swordspine, too, had been surprised, spikes straight up, almost ready to hit the poor rider. I rubbed her chin to calm her down and the spikes fell back down.
I almost drew my sword in surprise at the sudden entrance. I let my hand slip from the handle and exhaled quickly. Swordspine, too, had been surprised, spikes straight up, almost ready to hit the poor rider. I rubbed her chin to calm her down and the spikes fell back down.
When the giant skrill landed in front of them, Sheera rose sharply, getting defensive, but she quickly relaxed when she realized that there was no threat. Letting out a friendly roar to the newcomer, she settled down again. Skystrike had landed next to her rider, intrigued by the titan dragon. She watched as the baby timberjack tried to get his attention. Meanwhile, Synthia, who was shocked by the sudden arrival, had almost unsheathed her sword. When Jaok was done filling in the rider on mission details, Synthia introduced herself. “That was quite an entrance, I’m pretty sure it startled all of us,” she said, laughing, “My name’s Synthia! What’s yours?” She asked.
When the giant skrill landed in front of them, Sheera rose sharply, getting defensive, but she quickly relaxed when she realized that there was no threat. Letting out a friendly roar to the newcomer, she settled down again. Skystrike had landed next to her rider, intrigued by the titan dragon. She watched as the baby timberjack tried to get his attention. Meanwhile, Synthia, who was shocked by the sudden arrival, had almost unsheathed her sword. When Jaok was done filling in the rider on mission details, Synthia introduced herself. “That was quite an entrance, I’m pretty sure it startled all of us,” she said, laughing, “My name’s Synthia! What’s yours?” She asked.
Untitled390-20240403161955.png
Swordspine screeched indignantly while I patted her head. I leaped back on her back and looked at the sky, tracing the cloud patterns thoughtfully.
Swordspine screeched indignantly while I patted her head. I leaped back on her back and looked at the sky, tracing the cloud patterns thoughtfully.
"Oh, right, and uh I'm Jaok." He added in, realizing he'd completely forgotten to introduce himself after all the drama with first the mission and then her dramatic arrival. "The nadder is Frostfire and the Timberjack is..." He cut off briefly when he noticed her approaching the giant dragon without a single though to safety, then sighed. "Darkspray, leave the big dragon alone.." Of course, her selective hearing kicked in and nothing actually changed.
"Oh, right, and uh I'm Jaok." He added in, realizing he'd completely forgotten to introduce himself after all the drama with first the mission and then her dramatic arrival. "The nadder is Frostfire and the Timberjack is..." He cut off briefly when he noticed her approaching the giant dragon without a single though to safety, then sighed. "Darkspray, leave the big dragon alone.." Of course, her selective hearing kicked in and nothing actually changed.
I chuckled and brought out a toy bell, ringing it to get Darkspray's attention. I certainly didnt want the little dragon getting squashed by the skrill. Swordspine calmly looked away, not annoyed that i was using her bell. totallyyyy not.
I chuckled and brought out a toy bell, ringing it to get Darkspray's attention. I certainly didnt want the little dragon getting squashed by the skrill. Swordspine calmly looked away, not annoyed that i was using her bell. totallyyyy not.
Darkspray glanced over for a moment, intrigued by the new noise. Just as quickly, she decided that it wasn't nearly as interesting and went back to trying to convince the Skrill to play with her.
Darkspray glanced over for a moment, intrigued by the new noise. Just as quickly, she decided that it wasn't nearly as interesting and went back to trying to convince the Skrill to play with her.
I shook my head, chuckling to myself. "Oh how the tides turn sometimes." I said calmly, leaning on Swordspine's side and threw the bell to Swordspine, who batted it furiously and purred. I smiled and leaned on my sword calmly, watching Swordspine enjoy herself
I shook my head, chuckling to myself. "Oh how the tides turn sometimes." I said calmly, leaning on Swordspine's side and threw the bell to Swordspine, who batted it furiously and purred. I smiled and leaned on my sword calmly, watching Swordspine enjoy herself
1 2 3 4 5 6 7