Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Does Anyone find this relatable?
I don’t know why, but whenever I’m in that one part of a natural history museum with the dinosaur skeletons, I feel a sort of… connection to the individual of the species that the bones came from whenever looking at one of the skeletons. Sometimes it almost feels as if the dinosaur is alive and standing right in front of me, just staring at me. Its a weird but cool feeling, and I just wanted to say this to find out if anyone else kinda felt something similar or the same feeling whenever they go to a museum.
I don’t know why, but whenever I’m in that one part of a natural history museum with the dinosaur skeletons, I feel a sort of… connection to the individual of the species that the bones came from whenever looking at one of the skeletons. Sometimes it almost feels as if the dinosaur is alive and standing right in front of me, just staring at me. Its a weird but cool feeling, and I just wanted to say this to find out if anyone else kinda felt something similar or the same feeling whenever they go to a museum.
Gbwcg3q.png
bYt72YT.png
cutkr0S.png
tqGkHih.png
FvfV2kD.png ll0CfnD.png
Yes, I've gotten a similar feeling! I spend forever in museums just soaking in this feeling, of "you were here so long ago, and things have changed so much, but still in a way we existed in the same space and still share in it."

It's a beautiful, almost nostalgic feeling to me. Although personally, I was a dinosaur kid (like, hundreds-and-hundreds-of-figures-i-can-all-name obsessed), so I also just think they're really awesome. Maybe that adds to it.
Yes, I've gotten a similar feeling! I spend forever in museums just soaking in this feeling, of "you were here so long ago, and things have changed so much, but still in a way we existed in the same space and still share in it."

It's a beautiful, almost nostalgic feeling to me. Although personally, I was a dinosaur kid (like, hundreds-and-hundreds-of-figures-i-can-all-name obsessed), so I also just think they're really awesome. Maybe that adds to it.
FR+2
they/she/he
passion project
wishlist
Yeah. Also the feeling kind of goes with that one saying that’s like “Every Fossil Tells a Story” or something along those lines.
Yeah. Also the feeling kind of goes with that one saying that’s like “Every Fossil Tells a Story” or something along those lines.
Gbwcg3q.png
bYt72YT.png
cutkr0S.png
tqGkHih.png
FvfV2kD.png ll0CfnD.png
not exactly the same, but i feel this way whenever i go into cemeteries or by gravestones. a sense of wonder always hits me and almost a sadness as well. the thought that someone and something used to be alive but is resting under the ground now. i love cemeteries so much

i havent been to a museum in a long time, but im pretty sure id feel something similar because of the way i am
not exactly the same, but i feel this way whenever i go into cemeteries or by gravestones. a sense of wonder always hits me and almost a sadness as well. the thought that someone and something used to be alive but is resting under the ground now. i love cemeteries so much

i havent been to a museum in a long time, but im pretty sure id feel something similar because of the way i am

IJUD9dj.gif ChoccypilledIJUD9dj.gif UsInSEn.gif Any PronounsUsInSEn.gif
sh5xjiu.pngIxog88i.png2VtxnMX.pngPRICTGJ.png
last year in january, i saw sue the t-rex for the first time. when you see them - their mangled skull separated from their body, and the sheer size of their body - you really get hit with the sense of scale of these behemoths, and you remember this was once [i]alive.[/i] it's a bit melancholy, for sure. sue, my beloved. [emoji=heart size=1]
last year in january, i saw sue the t-rex for the first time.

when you see them - their mangled skull separated from their body, and the sheer size of their body - you really get hit with the sense of scale of these behemoths, and you remember this was once alive.

it's a bit melancholy, for sure.

sue, my beloved.
61808682.png 62036853.png
KwxLkEj.pngpZJYyk4.pngkCHWEjf.png
JMBy38q.pngEE2umbT.pngcv7JulL.png
*random bump because why not?*
*random bump because why not?*
Gbwcg3q.png
bYt72YT.png
cutkr0S.png
tqGkHih.png
FvfV2kD.png ll0CfnD.png
I've never been to such a museum, but I have a similar experience with the C/2020 F3 Neowise comet that was visible in 2020.

There was just something about seeing it for me. It had such a profound impact on me. The idea that I got to see something that may only appear once every few thousands of years was just incredible.
I've never been to such a museum, but I have a similar experience with the C/2020 F3 Neowise comet that was visible in 2020.

There was just something about seeing it for me. It had such a profound impact on me. The idea that I got to see something that may only appear once every few thousands of years was just incredible.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I've never experienced this with dinosaurs per say, until I saw this one painting, Two Earthlings by John Brosio. The actual painting didn't resonate me the first time I saw it until I read the title, and then it suddenly hit me really hard. Millions upon millions of years separating these two individuals, and yet, we still share this planet anyway. In the grand scheme of things, there are very few differences between a dinosaur and a human being. We're all Earthlings.
I've never experienced this with dinosaurs per say, until I saw this one painting, Two Earthlings by John Brosio. The actual painting didn't resonate me the first time I saw it until I read the title, and then it suddenly hit me really hard. Millions upon millions of years separating these two individuals, and yet, we still share this planet anyway. In the grand scheme of things, there are very few differences between a dinosaur and a human being. We're all Earthlings.
Satin Violets brot | they/them
+3 FR hours
FR blog
main blog
deviantArt