Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pinkerton Quest II - Dragon Peace Summit
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
From yesterday: ----- [columns][item=Nudibranch][nextcol][size=4][i]It’s time to battle![/i][/size][br][size=5]Level 8 fodder dragons. [/size][/columns]----- & today: ----- [columns][item=Bloody Snapdragon][nextcol][size=4][i]It’s time to battle![/i][/size][br][size=5]Level 2 fodder dragons. [/size][/columns]----- Im lacking on Coli energy but hope to find it later today.
From yesterday:
Nudibranch It’s time to battle!
Level 8 fodder dragons.

& today:
Bloody Snapdragon It’s time to battle!
Level 2 fodder dragons.

Im lacking on Coli energy but hope to find it later today.
----- ----- [columns] [item=Discipline] [nextcol] The crew lazed around for a few days. [/columns] ----- I too have been out of it for a few days. Getting back onto doing this regularly, working on my personal projects regularly, and started a new egg batch for some of ScarletAmaryllis's Dragons.

Discipline The crew lazed around for a few days.

I too have been out of it for a few days. Getting back onto doing this regularly, working on my personal projects regularly, and started a new egg batch for some of ScarletAmaryllis's Dragons.
----- [columns][item=Ambush][nextcol][size=4][i]Uh-oh! It’s time to be productive.[/i][/size][br][size=5]First I need a list of things to accomplish... [/size][/columns]----- First I'm creating a list. *Name my new Sandsurges *Finish acquiring all my samurai dragons (coli dragons) -Get their apparel sets -Gene them up where necessary -Get them to level 25 -Stat them -Get their abilities *Hib den tasks *cull my lair and hib den I ended up completing about 10 hib den tasks till it was filled with expensive familiars or breed change scrolls.

Ambush Uh-oh! It’s time to be productive.
First I need a list of things to accomplish...

First I'm creating a list.

*Name my new Sandsurges
*Finish acquiring all my samurai dragons (coli dragons)
-Get their apparel sets
-Gene them up where necessary
-Get them to level 25
-Stat them
-Get their abilities
*Hib den tasks
*cull my lair and hib den

I ended up completing about 10 hib den tasks till it was filled with expensive familiars or breed change scrolls.
Stoats for trading
----- [columns][item=Blue Bill][nextcol][size=4][i]There's a tale to be told![/i][/size][br][size=5]Radomir has been called to the stand. [/size][/columns]----- I finally get the chance to write up Radomir’s Character Profile! I also took some time to spruce up his and Ralitsa’s profile a bit.[br][br] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=87031644][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/870317/87031644p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Radomir[/b] [i]Observer, Head Researcher[/i][br]“A question begets an answer, and he is the solution.” This is what every co-worker was told when they complained about his terse, callous demeanor. Those who remained squabbled over his ethics, but Radomir marched uncaring toward his goal. He was a reminder that there were things in the world that were beyond our understanding, and that there were some rules worth breaking.[/columns] Traits [b]Imaginative[/b]: [size=2]Radomir thinks outside the box. He embraces the weird and chaotic, chasing it hungrily.[/size] [b]Callous[/b]: [size=2]Radomir lacks empathy. He has withdrawn from the world, only caring for a select few.[/size] [b]Brooding[/b]: [size=2]He is constantly haunted by the memory of his failure, and feels that he is unworthy of happiness. [/size] [b]Fear[/b]: [size=2]Radomir lives in wake of his greatest fear already coming to pass.[/size] We'll save the details for story time in the future.

Blue Bill There's a tale to be told!
Radomir has been called to the stand.

I finally get the chance to write up Radomir’s Character Profile! I also took some time to spruce up his and Ralitsa’s profile a bit.

87031644p.png Radomir Observer, Head Researcher
“A question begets an answer, and he is the solution.” This is what every co-worker was told when they complained about his terse, callous demeanor. Those who remained squabbled over his ethics, but Radomir marched uncaring toward his goal. He was a reminder that there were things in the world that were beyond our understanding, and that there were some rules worth breaking.

Traits
Imaginative: Radomir thinks outside the box. He embraces the weird and chaotic, chasing it hungrily.
Callous: Radomir lacks empathy. He has withdrawn from the world, only caring for a select few.
Brooding: He is constantly haunted by the memory of his failure, and feels that he is unworthy of happiness.

Fear: Radomir lives in wake of his greatest fear already coming to pass.

We'll save the details for story time in the future.
----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/1170][item=Blackened Warninghorn][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Blackened Warninghorn[/b] - [i]Mostly decorative[/i][/size][br][size=4]A hollowed out horn, commonly blown to alert a clan of approaching danger. [/size][/columns]----- A trinket! RNG has determined Wavebreak. I put a random familiar on him before, so I shall take some time to consider. [item=Seawater Savior][item=Blue Dragon Reef Snail][item=Wartoad][item=Crystalhide Jester][item=Riptide Clipper][item=Orbiting Spirit][item=Spirit of Water][item=Workshop Monitor][item=Tsunami Gem Guardian][item=Flying Iron Key] I like the idea that he is such a workaholic that he has become very close to the Workshop Monitor, and even took it on vacation with him. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/398646585329975326/1137150332011561044/8f393dXjL03OsAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png[/img]

Blackened Warninghorn
Blackened Warninghorn - Mostly decorative
A hollowed out horn, commonly blown to alert a clan of approaching danger.

A trinket! RNG has determined Wavebreak. I put a random familiar on him before, so I shall take some time to consider.

Seawater Savior Blue Dragon Reef Snail Wartoad Crystalhide Jester Riptide Clipper Orbiting Spirit Spirit of Water Workshop Monitor Tsunami Gem Guardian Flying Iron Key

I like the idea that he is such a workaholic that he has become very close to the Workshop Monitor, and even took it on vacation with him.
8f393dXjL03OsAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
----- ----- [columns] [item=Splintered Reeds] [nextcol] Simon crawled through the reeds looking for bugs to eat and ended up infested. [/columns] ----- [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/50772.png[/img] [nextcol] Simon was forced to take a bath and turned bright white. [/columns]

Splintered Reeds Simon crawled through the reeds looking for bugs to eat and ended up infested.

50772.png Simon was forced to take a bath and turned bright white.
----- [columns][item=Serrated Pilco Shell][nextcol][size=4][i]There's a tale to be told![/i][/size][br][size=5]Writing out Gaeguri's story from last time. [/size][/columns]----- He rushed out of his room, having completely forgotten that he had training today. The loose belt slipped off the scales hidden beneath his armor and caught around his back right leg. Without missing a beat, Gaeguri turned the momentum into a forward roll and gracefully landed in his usual spot, directly in front of the 6 new recruits. As he stabilized himself, he looked out at...an empty yard. It was vacation. So he could have gardened!! He sighed, he really needed a calendar or an assistant or a better memory. Probably best to just ask for a calendar. Well, he was already ready to run through the usual course so he might as well take the time and practice instructing. With his mind made up, he started lecturing to his army of perfectly attentive ghost recruits. "Today we're going to run through a simple course across the Sandswept Delta. Stay with me, listen closely, and then tomorrow you'll be doing this yourselves." He walked for about 15 minutes before a dust cloud appeared on Gaeguri's left, quickly closing in. "This," Gaeguri said as he casually reached into the newly arrived dust cloud and pressed down, "Is a Dunerunner. They're quick but tend to move and attack in a straight line. When you're more experienced, you can time your movements and stop them." He released his claw and the duenrunner immediately took off, "For tomorrow, just avoid them." He continued forward, discussing the time he dealt with 4 dunerunners at once, forcing them to run into each other and knocking themselves out. Before he could finish recounting his tales though, a crowned bonepriest and 2 kitsunes burst out of the sand at him. He shook his head as he dodged one kitsune and bumped his body into the other, send it flying into the bonepriest. "Kitsunes are agile bu-" he used his right claw to smash through the creature's thin scythe, "-t you need to be careful of their scythes. If you can, take them out first. The scythe is sharp but brittle." He accented his pointed by slamming the second charcoal kitsune into the ground and causing the scythe to shatter. "That only leaves you with the bonepriest. Ideally you'd stay above it-" He leapt to the side as three bright bolts of energy slammed into where he'd just been standing. "-which is usually difficult if not impossible. So," He grabbed a clawful of sand as he started running at the bonepriest, "play dirty." He flung the sand at the bonepriest and then barrel rolled to the right before leaping and swinging both his claws down on the centipedal creature. "There's no right or wrong in a real fight. When you go off to the Stormcatcher, you'll be fighting dragons, not these small fry. But this is still good practice. A win is a win. A winning strategy is a good strategy. Even better if it's consistent." He casually cut his way into the bonepriest's carcass and gently extracted a small sac. "Bonepriest venom," He said as he turned around to show the no doubt starry-eyed, silent recruits. "In addition to practical training, we'll be going over your book knowledge. Knowing what you can and can't use is critical on an ever-changing, everlasting battlefield." He went to place the venom in his sack before realizing that he'd left his belt back at the lair, on the ground, by his room; a casualty of his hasty entrance. Sighing, he tossed the venom sac back onto the dead body before turning to face his audience directly. "And that's that. You'll come out with me every morning for the next month and every evening for the month after. Any questions?" The afternoon light gave the desert sand an almost blinding glare. Silence reigned. Gaeguri smiled and said, "No? That's fine." He turned and started walking back the way he came, expecting that his imaginary recruits would naturally catch up. "Let me tell you about the time I fought the Thunderstomp, the great lightning rhino.."

Serrated Pilco Shell There's a tale to be told!
Writing out Gaeguri's story from last time.

He rushed out of his room, having completely forgotten that he had training today.

The loose belt slipped off the scales hidden beneath his armor and caught around his back right leg. Without missing a beat, Gaeguri turned the momentum into a forward roll and gracefully landed in his usual spot, directly in front of the 6 new recruits.

As he stabilized himself, he looked out at...an empty yard.

It was vacation. So he could have gardened!!

He sighed, he really needed a calendar or an assistant or a better memory. Probably best to just ask for a calendar.

Well, he was already ready to run through the usual course so he might as well take the time and practice instructing.

With his mind made up, he started lecturing to his army of perfectly attentive ghost recruits.

"Today we're going to run through a simple course across the Sandswept Delta. Stay with me, listen closely, and then tomorrow you'll be doing this yourselves."

He walked for about 15 minutes before a dust cloud appeared on Gaeguri's left, quickly closing in.

"This," Gaeguri said as he casually reached into the newly arrived dust cloud and pressed down, "Is a Dunerunner. They're quick but tend to move and attack in a straight line. When you're more experienced, you can time your movements and stop them." He released his claw and the duenrunner immediately took off, "For tomorrow, just avoid them."

He continued forward, discussing the time he dealt with 4 dunerunners at once, forcing them to run into each other and knocking themselves out.

Before he could finish recounting his tales though, a crowned bonepriest and 2 kitsunes burst out of the sand at him. He shook his head as he dodged one kitsune and bumped his body into the other, send it flying into the bonepriest.

"Kitsunes are agile bu-" he used his right claw to smash through the creature's thin scythe, "-t you need to be careful of their scythes. If you can, take them out first. The scythe is sharp but brittle." He accented his pointed by slamming the second charcoal kitsune into the ground and causing the scythe to shatter.

"That only leaves you with the bonepriest. Ideally you'd stay above it-" He leapt to the side as three bright bolts of energy slammed into where he'd just been standing. "-which is usually difficult if not impossible. So," He grabbed a clawful of sand as he started running at the bonepriest, "play dirty." He flung the sand at the bonepriest and then barrel rolled to the right before leaping and swinging both his claws down on the centipedal creature.

"There's no right or wrong in a real fight. When you go off to the Stormcatcher, you'll be fighting dragons, not these small fry. But this is still good practice. A win is a win. A winning strategy is a good strategy. Even better if it's consistent."

He casually cut his way into the bonepriest's carcass and gently extracted a small sac. "Bonepriest venom," He said as he turned around to show the no doubt starry-eyed, silent recruits. "In addition to practical training, we'll be going over your book knowledge. Knowing what you can and can't use is critical on an ever-changing, everlasting battlefield."

He went to place the venom in his sack before realizing that he'd left his belt back at the lair, on the ground, by his room; a casualty of his hasty entrance.

Sighing, he tossed the venom sac back onto the dead body before turning to face his audience directly. "And that's that. You'll come out with me every morning for the next month and every evening for the month after. Any questions?"

The afternoon light gave the desert sand an almost blinding glare. Silence reigned.

Gaeguri smiled and said, "No? That's fine." He turned and started walking back the way he came, expecting that his imaginary recruits would naturally catch up.

"Let me tell you about the time I fought the Thunderstomp, the great lightning rhino.."

Stoats for trading
----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/1756][item=Maple Seed][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Maple Seed[/b] - [i]Who knew baby trees could fly?[/i][/size][br][size=4]Dragons can't help picking up fallen maple seeds so that they can watch them spin to the ground again. [/size][/columns]----- Dragons trained to level 7 [i]today-ish[/i] (to exalt in an upcoming shadow push): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84695008][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/846951/84695008.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87795858][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/877959/87795858.png[/img][/url] Bagel is now level 16!

Maple Seed
Maple Seed - Who knew baby trees could fly?
Dragons can't help picking up fallen maple seeds so that they can watch them spin to the ground again.

Dragons trained to level 7 today-ish (to exalt in an upcoming shadow push):
84695008.png87795858.png

Bagel is now level 16!
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88025575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/880256/88025575_350.png[/img][/url] [i] Who are you? [/i] Sahara didn’t dare speak the words aloud. Endless stars stretched across the cool night sky, shining down on her and her silent guest. Sonor was long asleep - the only sign of him a small tip of one tail crest poking out of the sand. He always preferred to burrow deep at night, surrounding himself in the hidden warmth below. Even so, Sahara was afraid the three words would wake him. So she watched the spirit in silence, willing him to say something. Anything. He was small - no more than a hatchling. Mostly white with patches the colour of the desert sand. Energy seemed to crackle around him; Sahara could almost convince herself at times that there were blue sparks around him. Magic? Something else? Spirits often had bits of magic clinging to them after death, especially those with significant power in life. If only he’d speak to her. Seasons had passed since she first saw him, trailing after Sonor like his own personal ghost. She hadn’t thought to mention it at first - after all, spirits came and went with the shifting of the sands. It was the third time she saw him, several sunrises later, that she first spoke up. She had hardly finished describing him before Sonor rose to his feet, fans flared and a growl rumbling in his throat. The fight was brutal. He had shouted, calling her names and accusing her of making things up. He was so far from his usual easygoing self the Sahara hardly recognized him. And then he had gone. Days went by. After so many seasons alone, she thought she’d welcome the peace of the desert. After all, she had told herself, who needed such a cruel dragon at her side. But the days dragged on. The sun seemed hotter somehow. The dunes steeper. The nights lonelier. Sahara shook her head, bringing herself back into the present. No, she couldn’t ask Sonor about this creature who so often followed after him, expression unreadable. Her only hope was that the spirit himself would speak up. Offer her some kind of clue about why he was there, how he knew Sonor. With a sigh, she laid her head down on her front paws and resigned herself to sleep. A moment later, the ghost looked at her, locking eyes for the first time since she’d seen him all those months ago. She held her breath. His eyes rounded into terror.
88025575_350.png

Who are you?

Sahara didn’t dare speak the words aloud. Endless stars stretched across the cool night sky, shining down on her and her silent guest. Sonor was long asleep - the only sign of him a small tip of one tail crest poking out of the sand. He always preferred to burrow deep at night, surrounding himself in the hidden warmth below.

Even so, Sahara was afraid the three words would wake him. So she watched the spirit in silence, willing him to say something. Anything.

He was small - no more than a hatchling. Mostly white with patches the colour of the desert sand. Energy seemed to crackle around him; Sahara could almost convince herself at times that there were blue sparks around him. Magic? Something else? Spirits often had bits of magic clinging to them after death, especially those with significant power in life.

If only he’d speak to her.

Seasons had passed since she first saw him, trailing after Sonor like his own personal ghost. She hadn’t thought to mention it at first - after all, spirits came and went with the shifting of the sands.

It was the third time she saw him, several sunrises later, that she first spoke up. She had hardly finished describing him before Sonor rose to his feet, fans flared and a growl rumbling in his throat. The fight was brutal. He had shouted, calling her names and accusing her of making things up. He was so far from his usual easygoing self the Sahara hardly recognized him.

And then he had gone. Days went by. After so many seasons alone, she thought she’d welcome the peace of the desert. After all, she had told herself, who needed such a cruel dragon at her side.

But the days dragged on. The sun seemed hotter somehow. The dunes steeper. The nights lonelier.

Sahara shook her head, bringing herself back into the present. No, she couldn’t ask Sonor about this creature who so often followed after him, expression unreadable. Her only hope was that the spirit himself would speak up. Offer her some kind of clue about why he was there, how he knew Sonor.

With a sigh, she laid her head down on her front paws and resigned herself to sleep. A moment later, the ghost looked at her, locking eyes for the first time since she’d seen him all those months ago.

She held her breath. His eyes rounded into terror.
tumblr_ochg4uDlB11us53xfo7_r1_500.png
----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/23858][item=Cyan Tetras][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Cyan Tetras[/b] - [i]They almost sparkle in the sunlight through the water![/i][/size][br][size=4]A warm-water treat. Best harvested by groups of two or more. [/size][/columns]----- Dragons trained to level 7 [i]today-ish[/i] (to exalt in an upcoming shadow push): [placeholder for tomorrow] To avoid many posts - 8/7 item below. The Pinkerton daily task has quickly become my most exciting daily task. ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/38537][item=Brilliant Primary Feathers][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Brilliant Primary Feathers[/b] - [i]Who knew baby trees could fly?[/i][/size][br][size=4]Highly prized for their bright colors and sheen. Only acquired during molting season due to the dunerunner's skittish nature and tendency for reckless speed. [/size][/columns]----- [DISCLAIMER: I do not have deep knowledge of the Noggle. What follows is simply conjecture.] [i]This should do nicely[/i] The Noggle had been around for what may be millenia. It wandered in the Nothingness before the beginning. Before the Shade. It had been alone. Before the Noggle knew it, there was a whole world, gods, dragons, beasts - it was all a wonder! The Noggle had been alone for so long, it wanted to take the time to experience all that the world had to offer. It had taken to accompanying particular dragons for a time. These creatures interacted with many creatures and things, all had different feelings and thoughts. The dragons reacted differently to it - but it was all an experience regardless. This particular dragon that was currently its companion seemed to relish the company. The dragon seemed to have a real inclination toward all things colorful, rare, interesting - and this feather met all three. The Noggle hurried back to deliver its gift.

Cyan Tetras
Cyan Tetras - They almost sparkle in the sunlight through the water!
A warm-water treat. Best harvested by groups of two or more.

Dragons trained to level 7 today-ish (to exalt in an upcoming shadow push):
[placeholder for tomorrow]

To avoid many posts - 8/7 item below. The Pinkerton daily task has quickly become my most exciting daily task.
Brilliant Primary Feathers
Brilliant Primary Feathers - Who knew baby trees could fly?
Highly prized for their bright colors and sheen. Only acquired during molting season due to the dunerunner's skittish nature and tendency for reckless speed.

[DISCLAIMER: I do not have deep knowledge of the Noggle. What follows is simply conjecture.]

This should do nicely

The Noggle had been around for what may be millenia. It wandered in the Nothingness before the beginning. Before the Shade. It had been alone.

Before the Noggle knew it, there was a whole world, gods, dragons, beasts - it was all a wonder! The Noggle had been alone for so long, it wanted to take the time to experience all that the world had to offer.

It had taken to accompanying particular dragons for a time. These creatures interacted with many creatures and things, all had different feelings and thoughts. The dragons reacted differently to it - but it was all an experience regardless.

This particular dragon that was currently its companion seemed to relish the company. The dragon seemed to have a real inclination toward all things colorful, rare, interesting - and this feather met all three. The Noggle hurried back to deliver its gift.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12