Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | School of Dragons- A New Dawn (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Synthia was sitting under Sheera’s wing, in front of her hut, watching Skystrike shooting through the air at impossible speeds. The dreadstrider was enjoying the rain, which was getting noticeably heavier by the second. Right before Synthia could call out to her dragon, a terrible terror crashed onto the ground, right in front of her. She hurried to make sure it wasn’t injured, and was relieved to find that it just fell asleep. Detaching the leather tube fastened to the terror’s leg, she read it’s contents. Her eyes were growing wider by the second, and when she finished, her face broke out into a grin. Nudging Sheera’s wing, she gently picked up the terrible terror, taking the poor thing inside, and then called out, “Skystrike! Come on, girl! You can’t fly in this rain forever! Plus, we have more important things to do!”

This was going to be so fun! New islands and undiscovered dragons? That sounded amazing! She only hoped that the other trainers were nice. She just had to get through the mission briefing, and then it was off into the great beyond!
Synthia was sitting under Sheera’s wing, in front of her hut, watching Skystrike shooting through the air at impossible speeds. The dreadstrider was enjoying the rain, which was getting noticeably heavier by the second. Right before Synthia could call out to her dragon, a terrible terror crashed onto the ground, right in front of her. She hurried to make sure it wasn’t injured, and was relieved to find that it just fell asleep. Detaching the leather tube fastened to the terror’s leg, she read it’s contents. Her eyes were growing wider by the second, and when she finished, her face broke out into a grin. Nudging Sheera’s wing, she gently picked up the terrible terror, taking the poor thing inside, and then called out, “Skystrike! Come on, girl! You can’t fly in this rain forever! Plus, we have more important things to do!”

This was going to be so fun! New islands and undiscovered dragons? That sounded amazing! She only hoped that the other trainers were nice. She just had to get through the mission briefing, and then it was off into the great beyond!
Untitled390-20240403161955.png
The night seemed to go incredibly fast as Jaok hurried around, gathering all the supplies he could think of needing. Frostfire's saddle had attachments for baskets, which were currently being used to hold Darkspray's toys, dirty laundry, or miscellaneous weapons. Jaok thought for a moment, then dumped their contents to the side and started packing them.

First went the food, which mostly consisted of a mixture of dried and salted fish that both he and the dragons could eat, along with some dried fruit, bread, and a few fresh vegetables he'd gotten from the market yesterday.

Then he went around and collected all the medical supplies he had. Which weren't a lot, but the few bandaged and ointments he had would certainly be better than nothing. Jaok also added in his stache of dragonnip. If they would be flying for long periods of time, it would be smart to have it on hand and use it to keep Darkspray relaxed.

Finally, he gathered a couple changed of clothes, his leather armor, and weapons. It took him a while to sort through his weapons, but he certainly couldn't bring them all. He finally decided on his good sword, an axe as a backup, a couple of throwing axes, and half a dozen assorted knives.

Even after all his things were packed, Jaok still paced around his hut. Logically, he should go to bed, since he'd have an early morning and likely a very busy... Who knew how long he'd be busy. But a mixture of excitement and worry kept swirling through him. It took Frostfrie very persuasively forcing him into cuddles from him to finally nod off, curled against his dragons side.

((@QueenBossotronio you still up to joining in?))
The night seemed to go incredibly fast as Jaok hurried around, gathering all the supplies he could think of needing. Frostfire's saddle had attachments for baskets, which were currently being used to hold Darkspray's toys, dirty laundry, or miscellaneous weapons. Jaok thought for a moment, then dumped their contents to the side and started packing them.

First went the food, which mostly consisted of a mixture of dried and salted fish that both he and the dragons could eat, along with some dried fruit, bread, and a few fresh vegetables he'd gotten from the market yesterday.

Then he went around and collected all the medical supplies he had. Which weren't a lot, but the few bandaged and ointments he had would certainly be better than nothing. Jaok also added in his stache of dragonnip. If they would be flying for long periods of time, it would be smart to have it on hand and use it to keep Darkspray relaxed.

Finally, he gathered a couple changed of clothes, his leather armor, and weapons. It took him a while to sort through his weapons, but he certainly couldn't bring them all. He finally decided on his good sword, an axe as a backup, a couple of throwing axes, and half a dozen assorted knives.

Even after all his things were packed, Jaok still paced around his hut. Logically, he should go to bed, since he'd have an early morning and likely a very busy... Who knew how long he'd be busy. But a mixture of excitement and worry kept swirling through him. It took Frostfrie very persuasively forcing him into cuddles from him to finally nod off, curled against his dragons side.

((@QueenBossotronio you still up to joining in?))
I was absolutely ready for this. It didn't take me very long to pack, I'm a simple gal. And it didn't take me very long to wish my sorry hut of a home away. I marched out of the hut, Swordspine tailing me. I was very much ready, my sword on my back in case anybody tried anything funny. "Lets get to the Lookout, girl." I said to Swordspine. She nodded and we took off
I was absolutely ready for this. It didn't take me very long to pack, I'm a simple gal. And it didn't take me very long to wish my sorry hut of a home away. I marched out of the hut, Swordspine tailing me. I was very much ready, my sword on my back in case anybody tried anything funny. "Lets get to the Lookout, girl." I said to Swordspine. She nodded and we took off
The sun was just about to rise, and Synthia was awake. She’d packed the night before, seeing that there wasn’t much to bring; a bit of food, some emergency supplies, basic leather armor (covered with Sheera’s scales), her sword and bow, and a spare sword made from one of Sheera’s spikes. She had also cleaned and waxed the razorwhip’s saddle, and sharpened her sword(s), because she couldn’t sleep. Thankfully, she managed to drift off, and get a couple hours in before sunrise.

Skystrike was hop-gliding through the hut, waiting for Synthia and Sheera to fully wake up. When the viking-girl had woken, she calmed down the dreadstrider and lead her dragons outside. She was kind of anxious to meet the others, since she wasn’t really comfortable with people she didn’t know, but was confident she could befriend them. Mounting Sheera, and making sure Skystrike was nearby, she set off to the Lookout with her dragons.
The sun was just about to rise, and Synthia was awake. She’d packed the night before, seeing that there wasn’t much to bring; a bit of food, some emergency supplies, basic leather armor (covered with Sheera’s scales), her sword and bow, and a spare sword made from one of Sheera’s spikes. She had also cleaned and waxed the razorwhip’s saddle, and sharpened her sword(s), because she couldn’t sleep. Thankfully, she managed to drift off, and get a couple hours in before sunrise.

Skystrike was hop-gliding through the hut, waiting for Synthia and Sheera to fully wake up. When the viking-girl had woken, she calmed down the dreadstrider and lead her dragons outside. She was kind of anxious to meet the others, since she wasn’t really comfortable with people she didn’t know, but was confident she could befriend them. Mounting Sheera, and making sure Skystrike was nearby, she set off to the Lookout with her dragons.
From where he was curled up asleep, Jaok slowly became aware of something bumping his arm over and over and over again. He groaned and opened his eyes to see Darkspray bopping his elbow with her snout. She gave a cheerful squeak upon seeing him awake and nuzzled his chin before bounding around him with a curious warble. Absentmindedly patting the small dragon, he rubbed his eyes, then sat up at stretched.

"Well girls, may as well get ready to go." He announced, grabbing Frostfires saddle and the baskets of supplies. The older dragon gave a couple of excited hops as well, the tension of the adventure building. Saddling her up with practiced efficiency, Jaok plopped Darkspray in her designated basket, which she was very unlikely to stay in, and then mounted.

It didn't take long for them to reach the lookout, even after stopping briefly to get breakfast. For the dragons at least, Jaok's stomach already felt like it was full of writhing eels. As he landed, several other dragon riders also swooped in, though Hiccup was nowhere to be seen. Jaok gave them all a brief wave, reminding himself to smile and look friendly. After all, first impressions were important, especially if he'd be working with them for who knew how long. Dark spray poked her head out to examine the scene, giving a satisfied coo at the sight of all the dragons. Giving her a though piece of dried fish to keep her occupied, Jaok hopped off of his dragon to attempt to greet the others.
From where he was curled up asleep, Jaok slowly became aware of something bumping his arm over and over and over again. He groaned and opened his eyes to see Darkspray bopping his elbow with her snout. She gave a cheerful squeak upon seeing him awake and nuzzled his chin before bounding around him with a curious warble. Absentmindedly patting the small dragon, he rubbed his eyes, then sat up at stretched.

"Well girls, may as well get ready to go." He announced, grabbing Frostfires saddle and the baskets of supplies. The older dragon gave a couple of excited hops as well, the tension of the adventure building. Saddling her up with practiced efficiency, Jaok plopped Darkspray in her designated basket, which she was very unlikely to stay in, and then mounted.

It didn't take long for them to reach the lookout, even after stopping briefly to get breakfast. For the dragons at least, Jaok's stomach already felt like it was full of writhing eels. As he landed, several other dragon riders also swooped in, though Hiccup was nowhere to be seen. Jaok gave them all a brief wave, reminding himself to smile and look friendly. After all, first impressions were important, especially if he'd be working with them for who knew how long. Dark spray poked her head out to examine the scene, giving a satisfied coo at the sight of all the dragons. Giving her a though piece of dried fish to keep her occupied, Jaok hopped off of his dragon to attempt to greet the others.
I directed Swordspine to land near the greenhouse and sighed. "Well girl. This is it. You ready for another adventure?" I said to Swordspine. Swordspine let out an energetic roar, wings flaring out excitedly. I rubbed Swordspine under the chin. "Yea you're ready!" I said happily. I was ready for whatever this trip brought. I tried to ignore the fact more dragon riders were there as I pulled my personal bag out of Swordspine's saddle bag and threw a fish for the nadder. Swordspine snapped it up eagerly and I smiled. At least my dragon was here.
I directed Swordspine to land near the greenhouse and sighed. "Well girl. This is it. You ready for another adventure?" I said to Swordspine. Swordspine let out an energetic roar, wings flaring out excitedly. I rubbed Swordspine under the chin. "Yea you're ready!" I said happily. I was ready for whatever this trip brought. I tried to ignore the fact more dragon riders were there as I pulled my personal bag out of Swordspine's saddle bag and threw a fish for the nadder. Swordspine snapped it up eagerly and I smiled. At least my dragon was here.
Sheera spiraled down to the greenhouse, since Synthia had spotted other prepared-looking students there. As the razorwhip was landing, being tailed by Skystrike, a messy-haired man waved at her with a small smile. Synthia waved right back with a slightly bigger smile, and thought, ‘Thank the gods, he seems friendly.’

When they landed, Skystrike was fed some sagefruit because she was being a little too hyper. Synthia noticed a second viking, who looked like she was trying to not draw attention to herself, so she left her alone. They were going to be forced to meet sooner or later, so there was no need to push it. She definitely did NOT want to seem obnoxious to the others.
Sheera spiraled down to the greenhouse, since Synthia had spotted other prepared-looking students there. As the razorwhip was landing, being tailed by Skystrike, a messy-haired man waved at her with a small smile. Synthia waved right back with a slightly bigger smile, and thought, ‘Thank the gods, he seems friendly.’

When they landed, Skystrike was fed some sagefruit because she was being a little too hyper. Synthia noticed a second viking, who looked like she was trying to not draw attention to herself, so she left her alone. They were going to be forced to meet sooner or later, so there was no need to push it. She definitely did NOT want to seem obnoxious to the others.
Jaok checked that Dark spray was still staying calm before turning to the two dragon riders. He didn't want to seem to forward, but they were both likely just as nervous as he was. So introducing himself couldn't hurt.

"Hey, I'm Jaok. And this is Frostfire and Darkspray." He introduced himself, hoping that it wasn't too much. The riders seemed somewhere familiar, he'd likey seen then around before, but he was dearly hoping that he hadn't met any of them before.
Jaok checked that Dark spray was still staying calm before turning to the two dragon riders. He didn't want to seem to forward, but they were both likely just as nervous as he was. So introducing himself couldn't hurt.

"Hey, I'm Jaok. And this is Frostfire and Darkspray." He introduced himself, hoping that it wasn't too much. The riders seemed somewhere familiar, he'd likey seen then around before, but he was dearly hoping that he hadn't met any of them before.
I nodded to Jaok, not too formal and yet not too friendly. Swordspine nudged me for more fish and I briefly laughed. "You've got a big stomach, don't you girl." I said and threw Swordspine a salmon. She ate it quickly and finally sat down. I looked over at the riders again. "I'm Jadee and this is my nadder, Swordspine ."
I nodded to Jaok, not too formal and yet not too friendly. Swordspine nudged me for more fish and I briefly laughed. "You've got a big stomach, don't you girl." I said and threw Swordspine a salmon. She ate it quickly and finally sat down. I looked over at the riders again. "I'm Jadee and this is my nadder, Swordspine ."
(Sorry for the delay, been busy. I'll catch up and jump in soon.)
(Sorry for the delay, been busy. I'll catch up and jump in soon.)
OOFD: Overly Obsessive Fangirl Disorder
1 2 3 4 5 6 7