Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pinkerton Quest II - Dragon Peace Summit
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/46432][item=Coffee Pot][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Coffee Pot[/b] - [i]I'll take the whole thing please[/i][/size][br][size=4]Some dragons just can't start their day without a cup of hot coffee. [/size][/columns]----- I am realizing I need to do a much better job reading... Anyway, I wrote it so I'll include it, but today I need to change 1 thing about Wavebreak. The excerpt below may count, but in case it doesn't - I've scried and chosen him to have freckle secondary, but I cannot apply it as of yet so in case that doesn't count - I've given him a scene. [b]"Lore":[/b] The best part of each morning - the reason to get out of bed some days - was a hot cup of coffee. Since this was vacation, Wavebreak had the time to brew an excellent batch, and he took the time to add some oatmilk and a new flavoring syrup he had never tried. It was lovely, and the experience was made even better by actually getting to savor it for once. He was used to having to gulp it down all at once or drinking room temperature coffee hours after it had been made. He took the time to notice each part. The scolding heat on his tongue, the subtle heat that travelled down his throat, the sweetness of the milk and syrup, the strong scent of roasted beans. Even the feeling of the smooth heavy cup in his hands and the dancing steam rising from the surface delighted. This, he thought, was what it meant to be in the moment. Just as he thought it, the moment was gone. In its place, a feeling that he should be more productive, a loneliness he hadn't expected, and guilt for the work that he had left behind for others to tend to in his stead. Rest, they had told him, was important. With a sigh, he picked up his coffee, grabbed his book, and headed to the shoreline - hoping that feeling of relaxation would soon return.

Coffee Pot
Coffee Pot - I'll take the whole thing please
Some dragons just can't start their day without a cup of hot coffee.

I am realizing I need to do a much better job reading... Anyway, I wrote it so I'll include it, but today I need to change 1 thing about Wavebreak. The excerpt below may count, but in case it doesn't - I've scried and chosen him to have freckle secondary, but I cannot apply it as of yet so in case that doesn't count - I've given him a scene.

"Lore":
The best part of each morning - the reason to get out of bed some days - was a hot cup of coffee. Since this was vacation, Wavebreak had the time to brew an excellent batch, and he took the time to add some oatmilk and a new flavoring syrup he had never tried. It was lovely, and the experience was made even better by actually getting to savor it for once. He was used to having to gulp it down all at once or drinking room temperature coffee hours after it had been made.

He took the time to notice each part. The scolding heat on his tongue, the subtle heat that travelled down his throat, the sweetness of the milk and syrup, the strong scent of roasted beans. Even the feeling of the smooth heavy cup in his hands and the dancing steam rising from the surface delighted. This, he thought, was what it meant to be in the moment.

Just as he thought it, the moment was gone. In its place, a feeling that he should be more productive, a loneliness he hadn't expected, and guilt for the work that he had left behind for others to tend to in his stead. Rest, they had told him, was important. With a sigh, he picked up his coffee, grabbed his book, and headed to the shoreline - hoping that feeling of relaxation would soon return.
@scarletamaryllis

I love the image hall of fame but cannot be held responsible for the limitations of my very advanced editing software...which is actually just a website for making powerpoints if I'm being honest with you

@arnfasta

I am LIVING for Gaegarden. What a look. spectacular. phenomenal. 11/10

@starfye

For some reason the constant stream of blunders plays beautifully into the beach episode motif which I'm sure is the actual reason behind the mistakes
@scarletamaryllis

I love the image hall of fame but cannot be held responsible for the limitations of my very advanced editing software...which is actually just a website for making powerpoints if I'm being honest with you

@arnfasta

I am LIVING for Gaegarden. What a look. spectacular. phenomenal. 11/10

@starfye

For some reason the constant stream of blunders plays beautifully into the beach episode motif which I'm sure is the actual reason behind the mistakes
tumblr_ochg4uDlB11us53xfo7_r1_500.png
----- [columns][item=False Leaf][nextcol][size=4][i]A BUG?[/i][/size][br][size=5]I do not like bugs. Especially sneaky ones. [/size][/columns]----- [center][size=2][s]I have enjoyed starfye & arnfastas take on some things and I needed to distract myself today so GET COPIED.[/s][/size][/center] ‘[b]FIND YOURSELF[/b]’ in garish yellow lettering spanned the front cover of the fashion magazine Radomir found on his desk. Who had left this magazine here anyway? It certainly wasn’t his. He eyed the Sandsurge dancing across the cover. As he mulled over how much of a waste of resources these magazines were he flipped to the first page. An article covered the recent discovery of the ‘unbelievably alluring’ Sandsurge. [img]https://i.imgur.com/FYhyeSh.png[/img] He closed his eyes and tried to imagine himself as one. There was a brief pause, and then he shivered before thinking, [i]Absolutely. Not.[/i] He took a deep breath and tried to restart. This time he’d just make a few small changes. He started by picturing himself standing confidently. Everything seemed good so far. Then he imagined one of the new genes in the magazine, Harlequin. It was a little too flashy for him but there was something very eye-catching about it that really drew him in. His mind immediately went to Ralitsa. Was he complimenting the gene or Ralitsa when he thought that? Trying to ignore his embarrassment, he shook his head and closed his eyes a third time. Perhaps a pearlcatcher? He might stick out at the office, but… On the upside, he would finally fit into one of those Observer lab coats! Hold on. Lab coats? It had finally dawned on him who had left this magazine here. He took note of the time. Still two hours before his next meeting. Then, he made his way out of his office and over to his assistant. “[i]I need something.[/i]” He called as he approached her desk. “[i]Right away, sir.[/i]” Bhati responded. Radomir took a moment to think before saying, “[i]I’m feeling a soylent green for lunch today, and maybe a new scarf for the meeting? Whatever color you think looks the most ‘professional’.[/i]” “[i]I think your current scarf is-[/i]” “[i]A new scarf, Bhati.[/i]” He interrupted as he dropped the fashion magazine on her desk. “[i]Oh![/i]” Bhati’s eyes lit up before embarrassment spread across her face. She quickly grabbed the magazine and stashed it under some paperwork. “[i]R-Right. Soylent green and a new ‘professional’ scarf on your desk in one hour, sir. Shall I check in on the dig site and give you a progress report after your noon meeting?[/i]” “[i]That would be perfect. Thank you.[/i]” Radomir finished as he began to walk back into his office. He paused briefly at the door before saying, “[i]Take the map with you this time. We don’t need you getting lost. Again.[/i]” “O-Of course, s-sir!” Bhati stammered out. She remained hopeful that her Tundra coat masked her blushing, as she gathered her things to head out. An untouched, brand-new map laid on her desk and a magazine with the words ‘[b]FIND YOURSELF[/b]’ were barely visible out of her travel bag.

False Leaf A BUG?
I do not like bugs. Especially sneaky ones.

I have enjoyed starfye & arnfastas take on some things and I needed to distract myself today so GET COPIED.

FIND YOURSELF’ in garish yellow lettering spanned the front cover of the fashion magazine Radomir found on his desk. Who had left this magazine here anyway? It certainly wasn’t his. He eyed the Sandsurge dancing across the cover. As he mulled over how much of a waste of resources these magazines were he flipped to the first page. An article covered the recent discovery of the ‘unbelievably alluring’ Sandsurge.

FYhyeSh.png

He closed his eyes and tried to imagine himself as one. There was a brief pause, and then he shivered before thinking, Absolutely. Not. He took a deep breath and tried to restart. This time he’d just make a few small changes. He started by picturing himself standing confidently. Everything seemed good so far. Then he imagined one of the new genes in the magazine, Harlequin. It was a little too flashy for him but there was something very eye-catching about it that really drew him in.

His mind immediately went to Ralitsa. Was he complimenting the gene or Ralitsa when he thought that?

Trying to ignore his embarrassment, he shook his head and closed his eyes a third time. Perhaps a pearlcatcher? He might stick out at the office, but… On the upside, he would finally fit into one of those Observer lab coats! Hold on. Lab coats? It had finally dawned on him who had left this magazine here.

He took note of the time. Still two hours before his next meeting. Then, he made his way out of his office and over to his assistant. “I need something.” He called as he approached her desk.

Right away, sir.” Bhati responded.

Radomir took a moment to think before saying, “I’m feeling a soylent green for lunch today, and maybe a new scarf for the meeting? Whatever color you think looks the most ‘professional’.

I think your current scarf is-

A new scarf, Bhati.” He interrupted as he dropped the fashion magazine on her desk.

Oh!” Bhati’s eyes lit up before embarrassment spread across her face. She quickly grabbed the magazine and stashed it under some paperwork. “R-Right. Soylent green and a new ‘professional’ scarf on your desk in one hour, sir. Shall I check in on the dig site and give you a progress report after your noon meeting?

That would be perfect. Thank you.” Radomir finished as he began to walk back into his office. He paused briefly at the door before saying, “Take the map with you this time. We don’t need you getting lost. Again.

“O-Of course, s-sir!” Bhati stammered out. She remained hopeful that her Tundra coat masked her blushing, as she gathered her things to head out. An untouched, brand-new map laid on her desk and a magazine with the words ‘FIND YOURSELF’ were barely visible out of her travel bag.
@starfye As far as I'm aware, Wavefront has been in tab one since Day 1. I'm not sure what you could possibly mean by it not counting? Hm. I'm assuming no one objects to this, so feel free to speckle freckle your waveboy [emoji=achievement size=1]
@starfye As far as I'm aware, Wavefront has been in tab one since Day 1. I'm not sure what you could possibly mean by it not counting? Hm.

I'm assuming no one objects to this, so feel free to speckle freckle your waveboy
----- [columns][item=Small-Leaved Boxwood][nextcol][size=4][i]It’s time to battle![/i][/size][br][size=5]Gaeguri and the gang go hunting [/size][/columns]----- Gaeguri took Kireg and Stoneclaw on an afternoon adventure through the dunes. Afterward, he sent them to practice on their own. It's night now and they haven't returned but it's probably fine. Gaeguri's already forgotten he took them out at all.

Small-Leaved Boxwood It’s time to battle!
Gaeguri and the gang go hunting

Gaeguri took Kireg and Stoneclaw on an afternoon adventure through the dunes. Afterward, he sent them to practice on their own. It's night now and they haven't returned but it's probably fine. Gaeguri's already forgotten he took them out at all.
Stoats for trading
----- ----- [columns] [item=Berserker] [nextcol] The Dracogundam and crew got too close to a touchy group of dragons and had to flee. They laid low and did some planning. [/columns] ----- Did some planning for a personal project.

Berserker The Dracogundam and crew got too close to a touchy group of dragons and had to flee. They laid low and did some planning.

Did some planning for a personal project.
----- [columns][item=Ambush][nextcol][size=4][i]Ambushed by the Ambush[/i][/size][br][size=5]Never forget the element of surprise!! [/size][/columns]----- I'm pretty sure I got an ambush just the other day so this counts as bullying. I’ve made a bit of progress on “Finish geneing Optimismi, Sandsurge, NOTN Boy, and Birthday dragon.” With Optimismi, I’m still very uncertain about where I want to go. But I do know that I want to use some of the genes from the same release year so I listed those out in the bio and then gave some general thoughts for the genes I thought looked nice. Wasp is my top pick but it's also expensive. With maybe Swirl in second place followed by Ripple. I still need to baby scroll this one…… With Sandsurge baby, after considering thundercrack for 2 seconds I’m pretty certain on going Harle-Blend-Spectre. Just need to get enough gems that I feel like I can do that. And a youth scroll…………………………. [s]This tradition is murdering me.[/s] [size=2]Let’s not talk about NOTN baby.[/size] I created two ideas for Birthday dragon and I had Arnfasta pick one. He went with the Wind Summoner boy! warning: Polkadots [columns][outfit=2314510][nextcol][br][br] A sorcerer/summoner. They specialize in the summoning of wind, summoning aligned elementals, and buffs/debuffs of speed. They're striking appearance is similar to a dartfrog, which is correlated to the toxicity of their hide.[/columns] I'll try to toss a gene on one of these later today.

Ambush Ambushed by the Ambush
Never forget the element of surprise!!

I'm pretty sure I got an ambush just the other day so this counts as bullying.

I’ve made a bit of progress on “Finish geneing Optimismi, Sandsurge, NOTN Boy, and Birthday dragon.”

With Optimismi, I’m still very uncertain about where I want to go. But I do know that I want to use some of the genes from the same release year so I listed those out in the bio and then gave some general thoughts for the genes I thought looked nice. Wasp is my top pick but it's also expensive. With maybe Swirl in second place followed by Ripple. I still need to baby scroll this one……

With Sandsurge baby, after considering thundercrack for 2 seconds I’m pretty certain on going Harle-Blend-Spectre. Just need to get enough gems that I feel like I can do that. And a youth scroll…………………………. This tradition is murdering me.

Let’s not talk about NOTN baby.

I created two ideas for Birthday dragon and I had Arnfasta pick one. He went with the Wind Summoner boy! warning: Polkadots
Summoner of Things

A sorcerer/summoner. They specialize in the summoning of wind, summoning aligned elementals, and buffs/debuffs of speed. They're striking appearance is similar to a dartfrog, which is correlated to the toxicity of their hide.

I'll try to toss a gene on one of these later today.
----- [columns][item=Black Iron Segment][nextcol][size=4][i]There's a tale to be told![/i][/size][br][size=5]Vinorak wakes up... [/size][/columns]----- The vibrant radiance of bright teal blotted out the night sky. Vinorak's first thoughts were how he'd never seen a sky so dark, without any stars before. A blackness capable of swallowing everything. For a few seconds, he wondered if he was dead but the sharp cry of battered and bruised muscles sending a flood of signals to his brain immediately dispelled that idea. He was alive. But then where was he? Belly up, back pressed against hard rock, he gingerly lifted his forearms and legs in sequence, giving each a gentle shake to see if he could still move. A few grimaces later, he was confident that he could walk but the searing pain in his wings made it clear he wouldn't be flying anytime soon. Now that he'd been awake for a minute, he realized he still didn't know where that bright teal light was coming from. It took a moment for him to realize that it was coming from him. His normally orange belly had become a painter's canvas, covered in splotchy luminescent teal and gray dust. The charged duneberry! Memories came flooding back to him as he recalled how he'd run off with two duneberries; they must have burst open when he'd fallen unconscious. The realization of the duneberries seemed to awaken his appetite. He gently swiped a claw across the thin layer of duneberry juice and tasted it before immediately spitting it out. Dusty. Terrible. His stomach loudly protested, demanding an offering, but his mind was already trying to piece together the gaps in his memory and couldn't be bothered to appease its appetite after the failed experiment. He'd been flying when the cave shook and he'd been thrown sideways into the wall. Vinorak rolled himself over and craned his head to look up into the darkness. He waited, letting his eyes adjust, and slowly the outlines of a cave revealed themselves in the darkness. After the outline came the blockage a little further in. He turned around, looking behind him and seeing a chaotic cascade of crushed rocks and boulders forming a sturdy earthen wall. With the way behind him very likely impassable, he decide to investigate the far side. He took his first steps since waking up, unsteady but continuous, a teal and orange lantern totterinng in the void. As he neared the obstacle, the earthen fragments of a familiar bowl lay scattered like breadcrumbs. His eyes tracked them to find half a dusky apple. He instinctively grimaced at the thought of a dusty dusky apple but decided it wiser to have something. As he forced down the apple, he arrived at the rubble and started pushing on different rocks, looking for any that were loose. In the middle of the process he suddenly stopped, caught by the realization that since waking up, he'd never once yelled for help. He stood there, frozen in thought, clearly feeling like this had been the right call but completely unsure why. Just as he was going to give up and continue searching, he realized something. This entire time, he hadn't heard any noise. No voices, no movement, just silence. Instinctively he had decided that the silence was a sign that no one was around. At least no one friendly. Satisfied with the answer, and curiosity sated, he returned to searching. The dusky apple core had fully discolored before Vinorak finally found a loose rock that seemed to lead anywhere. After carving out a small hole, he waited a few minutes, watching and listening for any signs of instability. Even after hearing and seeing nothing, he wasn't certain it was safe but he knew he didn't really have many options. He took a second to visualize himself moving through the gap, which rocks he'd grip, how he'd position his body. Finally ready, he followed the path in his mind, slowly slinking through a gap that was almost too small for even a fae. Once he reached the other side, he moved a bit aways from the rubble before listening again. He tensed, ready for the slightest noise. More silence. Deafening silence. Desperate for some direction, he closed his eyes and strained his ears. This time his ears caught something. The faint but distinctive whistle of wind. It faded in and out but it was there, just on the edge of his hearing. Far off to his right. He turned and started walking.

Black Iron Segment There's a tale to be told!
Vinorak wakes up...

The vibrant radiance of bright teal blotted out the night sky.

Vinorak's first thoughts were how he'd never seen a sky so dark, without any stars before. A blackness capable of swallowing everything.

For a few seconds, he wondered if he was dead but the sharp cry of battered and bruised muscles sending a flood of signals to his brain immediately dispelled that idea.

He was alive.

But then where was he? Belly up, back pressed against hard rock, he gingerly lifted his forearms and legs in sequence, giving each a gentle shake to see if he could still move.

A few grimaces later, he was confident that he could walk but the searing pain in his wings made it clear he wouldn't be flying anytime soon.

Now that he'd been awake for a minute, he realized he still didn't know where that bright teal light was coming from. It took a moment for him to realize that it was coming from him.

His normally orange belly had become a painter's canvas, covered in splotchy luminescent teal and gray dust. The charged duneberry! Memories came flooding back to him as he recalled how he'd run off with two duneberries; they must have burst open when he'd fallen unconscious.

The realization of the duneberries seemed to awaken his appetite. He gently swiped a claw across the thin layer of duneberry juice and tasted it before immediately spitting it out. Dusty.

Terrible.

His stomach loudly protested, demanding an offering, but his mind was already trying to piece together the gaps in his memory and couldn't be bothered to appease its appetite after the failed experiment.

He'd been flying when the cave shook and he'd been thrown sideways into the wall.

Vinorak rolled himself over and craned his head to look up into the darkness. He waited, letting his eyes adjust, and slowly the outlines of a cave revealed themselves in the darkness.

After the outline came the blockage a little further in. He turned around, looking behind him and seeing a chaotic cascade of crushed rocks and boulders forming a sturdy earthen wall.

With the way behind him very likely impassable, he decide to investigate the far side. He took his first steps since waking up, unsteady but continuous, a teal and orange lantern totterinng in the void.

As he neared the obstacle, the earthen fragments of a familiar bowl lay scattered like breadcrumbs. His eyes tracked them to find half a dusky apple. He instinctively grimaced at the thought of a dusty dusky apple but decided it wiser to have something.

As he forced down the apple, he arrived at the rubble and started pushing on different rocks, looking for any that were loose.

In the middle of the process he suddenly stopped, caught by the realization that since waking up, he'd never once yelled for help.

He stood there, frozen in thought, clearly feeling like this had been the right call but completely unsure why.

Just as he was going to give up and continue searching, he realized something. This entire time, he hadn't heard any noise. No voices, no movement, just silence.

Instinctively he had decided that the silence was a sign that no one was around. At least no one friendly.

Satisfied with the answer, and curiosity sated, he returned to searching.

The dusky apple core had fully discolored before Vinorak finally found a loose rock that seemed to lead anywhere.

After carving out a small hole, he waited a few minutes, watching and listening for any signs of instability. Even after hearing and seeing nothing, he wasn't certain it was safe but he knew he didn't really have many options.

He took a second to visualize himself moving through the gap, which rocks he'd grip, how he'd position his body.

Finally ready, he followed the path in his mind, slowly slinking through a gap that was almost too small for even a fae.

Once he reached the other side, he moved a bit aways from the rubble before listening again. He tensed, ready for the slightest noise.

More silence.
Deafening silence.

Desperate for some direction, he closed his eyes and strained his ears. This time his ears caught something. The faint but distinctive whistle of wind. It faded in and out but it was there, just on the edge of his hearing. Far off to his right.

He turned and started walking.
Stoats for trading
----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/21366][item=Azure Yuccarope][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Azure Yuccarope[/b] - [i]A satisfying weight, a pleasing color[/i][/size][br][size=4]This strong rope can hold an impressive amount of weight before breaking. [/size][/columns]----- Today I will populate Wavebreak's bio with details.

Azure Yuccarope
Azure Yuccarope - A satisfying weight, a pleasing color
This strong rope can hold an impressive amount of weight before breaking.

Today I will populate Wavebreak's bio with details.
----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/1050][item=Stone Fertility Statue][/url][nextcol][br][size=4][b]Stone Fertility Statue[/b] - [i]A satisfying weight, a pleasing color[/i][/size][br][size=4]Statues like this are often given to matriarchs and mothers in hopes that their hatchlings develop strong and able. Many clans keep one in each of their nests for luck. [/size][/columns]----- Wavebreak was actually on a nest that hatched today. He did some shopping at the tourist shops and found a cute new fertility statue to send to the Shea back home to mark the occasion. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88000236][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/880003/88000236.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88000237][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/880003/88000237.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88000238][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/880003/88000238.png[/img][/url]

Stone Fertility Statue
Stone Fertility Statue - A satisfying weight, a pleasing color
Statues like this are often given to matriarchs and mothers in hopes that their hatchlings develop strong and able. Many clans keep one in each of their nests for luck.

Wavebreak was actually on a nest that hatched today. He did some shopping at the tourist shops and found a cute new fertility statue to send to the Shea back home to mark the occasion.
88000236.png88000237.png88000238.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12