Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rough economy...
1 2 3 4 5 6
If you feel its too good to exalt, make space and exalt something not as good!

But in any case, there's always going to be a 'better economy' when new players join up. When things are closed again, you get to the point where people have a lot of stuff already.

Also dragon selling highly depends also on pricing/advertising/timing.
EDIT: The AH search helps of course, but you're possibly not going to get as many impulse buys when searching for more specifics.

Item selling (particularly for Swipp trades!) can still be very easy to do with correct timing/pricing.
Yay selling over 100k+ of Ice Crystals the other day
If you feel its too good to exalt, make space and exalt something not as good!

But in any case, there's always going to be a 'better economy' when new players join up. When things are closed again, you get to the point where people have a lot of stuff already.

Also dragon selling highly depends also on pricing/advertising/timing.
EDIT: The AH search helps of course, but you're possibly not going to get as many impulse buys when searching for more specifics.

Item selling (particularly for Swipp trades!) can still be very easy to do with correct timing/pricing.
Yay selling over 100k+ of Ice Crystals the other day
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
Meh, it's going to ebb and flow. People hear "dragons like this are worth a lot" and start producing triples. Sooner or later, everyone that wants a triple has one in every color. Suddenly triples aren't so rare. I have a feeling what tends to happen is people don't respond to this with "What's the next big thing?". I have a feeling that, instead of a healthy market, we have people insisting that the price of this or that color combination is fixed at certain values. If you contemplate the nature of the game, and that every user can be inserting 25 dragons/week into the economy, it seems to me that the economy should quickly approach "dragons are worth their exalt price and not much more."

"But gene scrolls are so expensive!" Yes, that's something I think the developers should consider. I can buy 10 hatchlings for the cost of 1 gene adjustment, and as the game gets bigger it only gets more likely that I can just instantly buy the result I want rather than bother with the scroll. "But what about new and thus rare genes like smoke?" I think any smart newbie instantly reads "not for poor people like me" when a new gene is released in this economy. In 3 months, something else will be shiny and you'll be tripping over smoke dragons.

Also keep in mind color search in the AH has made it more likely people will find what they want there before having to turn to a hatchery. Especially if what they're looking for isn't a double or triple.
Meh, it's going to ebb and flow. People hear "dragons like this are worth a lot" and start producing triples. Sooner or later, everyone that wants a triple has one in every color. Suddenly triples aren't so rare. I have a feeling what tends to happen is people don't respond to this with "What's the next big thing?". I have a feeling that, instead of a healthy market, we have people insisting that the price of this or that color combination is fixed at certain values. If you contemplate the nature of the game, and that every user can be inserting 25 dragons/week into the economy, it seems to me that the economy should quickly approach "dragons are worth their exalt price and not much more."

"But gene scrolls are so expensive!" Yes, that's something I think the developers should consider. I can buy 10 hatchlings for the cost of 1 gene adjustment, and as the game gets bigger it only gets more likely that I can just instantly buy the result I want rather than bother with the scroll. "But what about new and thus rare genes like smoke?" I think any smart newbie instantly reads "not for poor people like me" when a new gene is released in this economy. In 3 months, something else will be shiny and you'll be tripping over smoke dragons.

Also keep in mind color search in the AH has made it more likely people will find what they want there before having to turn to a hatchery. Especially if what they're looking for isn't a double or triple.
@shinyswablu
I think another registration period (or just open registration) would help the economy a lot. If there are more people, there will be more people buying dragons! Plus, it's hard to sell to a market that's had almost two months to get all the items and dragons they want.
@shinyswablu
I think another registration period (or just open registration) would help the economy a lot. If there are more people, there will be more people buying dragons! Plus, it's hard to sell to a market that's had almost two months to get all the items and dragons they want.
I bought an adult triple banana imperial, fully gened, for just 5000 treasure.
So the market is definitely worse than ever if you try to sell something, but a great time if you want to buy something.

EDIT: Also saw triple, fully gened aquas and ivory imperials for that same amount a while ago.
I bought an adult triple banana imperial, fully gened, for just 5000 treasure.
So the market is definitely worse than ever if you try to sell something, but a great time if you want to buy something.

EDIT: Also saw triple, fully gened aquas and ivory imperials for that same amount a while ago.
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
I sell some of my generation 2 triple gened babies for 200-300k easy. Not enough to make up for what I spent scrolling their parents, but enough to ease my wallet. I personally only breed my dragons when I want exalt fodder or when someone wants me to breed 'em for babies. You just gotta play the economy right, I suppose. I try and keep my dragons with few babies because then, in my opinion, they're worth more. At least for my gen 2s.
I sell some of my generation 2 triple gened babies for 200-300k easy. Not enough to make up for what I spent scrolling their parents, but enough to ease my wallet. I personally only breed my dragons when I want exalt fodder or when someone wants me to breed 'em for babies. You just gotta play the economy right, I suppose. I try and keep my dragons with few babies because then, in my opinion, they're worth more. At least for my gen 2s.
Yeah, the economy improves for a while when newbies come, and then in plummets again. I find better luck selling adult dragons than hatchlings, if that helps.
If only lair expansions were cheap and we could have infinite lair space
Yeah, the economy improves for a while when newbies come, and then in plummets again. I find better luck selling adult dragons than hatchlings, if that helps.
If only lair expansions were cheap and we could have infinite lair space
jCVhFoZ.gif
@shadowspirit

If only! My issue is that it's more expensive to expand my lair than it is to buy the dragons, so I'm just not :/
@shadowspirit

If only! My issue is that it's more expensive to expand my lair than it is to buy the dragons, so I'm just not :/
@Harniet My problem exactly.
@Harniet My problem exactly.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Have a new registration period only helps the economy until the newbies start breeding their own dragons which can take as little as a week's time. Open registration is just going to mean its better for a little while, then the economy goes down and potentially stays down. :f Since dragons don't die the only way to take them out of the game is to exalt.
Have a new registration period only helps the economy until the newbies start breeding their own dragons which can take as little as a week's time. Open registration is just going to mean its better for a little while, then the economy goes down and potentially stays down. :f Since dragons don't die the only way to take them out of the game is to exalt.
PdrVGEX.gifCX5jG7P.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6