Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | short spoilerfree barbenheimer review :3
Saw Barbie Movie and Oppenheimer back to back with a group of friends today, truly the cinematic event of the century. Highly recommended experience Barbie: [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] silly movie, had me giggling, quite political at times. Great movie, but ending left some crumbs IMO. +5 points for [i]SUBLIMEEE[/i] Oppenheimer: [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] NOT SILLY had me quaking in my boots. glad I saw barbie first. traumatic experience that left me utterly ruined. would recommend
Saw Barbie Movie and Oppenheimer back to back with a group of friends today, truly the cinematic event of the century. Highly recommended experience

Barbie:
silly movie, had me giggling, quite political at times. Great movie, but ending left some crumbs IMO. +5 points for SUBLIMEEE

Oppenheimer:
NOT SILLY had me quaking in my boots. glad I saw barbie first. traumatic experience that left me utterly ruined. would recommend
RIuVQv5.png looking for an orca/orca/shale w/ plague eyes
doing this exact same thing the tomorrow after tomorrow, thank you for your trailblazing and i'll heed your wisdom [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] though i'm definitely glad my viewing party is opting to start serious and then move onto the sillier movie now lol
doing this exact same thing the tomorrow after tomorrow, thank you for your trailblazing and i'll heed your wisdom though i'm definitely glad my viewing party is opting to start serious and then move onto the sillier movie now lol
YQFYQ59.png
@137 do tell me how it goes the other way around then, very curious to know if barbie effectively lightens the mood afterward or if you just have to watch it with that 1000 yard stare

Also, if you can help it do NOT sit near the speakers during oppenheimer cause.. yknow. nuclear explosions and all that
@137 do tell me how it goes the other way around then, very curious to know if barbie effectively lightens the mood afterward or if you just have to watch it with that 1000 yard stare

Also, if you can help it do NOT sit near the speakers during oppenheimer cause.. yknow. nuclear explosions and all that
Going to see Oppenheimer next week, and trying to see if my mom and sister want to see Barbie next weekend. Would be a few days apart but if it comes together then I'll be getting the Barbenheimer double feature week lol.
Going to see Oppenheimer next week, and trying to see if my mom and sister want to see Barbie next weekend. Would be a few days apart but if it comes together then I'll be getting the Barbenheimer double feature week lol.
Gonna be seeing Oppenheimer at a drive-in theater! I couldn't be more excited but I also feel like I'm gonna walk away kind of scarred, hah. I'm glad you gave it a 5-star review!
Gonna be seeing Oppenheimer at a drive-in theater! I couldn't be more excited but I also feel like I'm gonna walk away kind of scarred, hah. I'm glad you gave it a 5-star review!
ePOliyb.png
dIMtL1H.png
tyEuRXe.png
Finally got to see them saw Barbie first then Oppenheimer. I was in a theatre with recliners and brought Thai bubble tea in so that was nice. I loved Barbie it was way more mature than I thought it would be whilst being a kids movie. Oppenheimer was my favourite though I found the intricacies of the politics to be fascinating, dramatic, and of course science. Ironic how both movies had desert scenes.
Finally got to see them saw Barbie first then Oppenheimer. I was in a theatre with recliners and brought Thai bubble tea in so that was nice. I loved Barbie it was way more mature than I thought it would be whilst being a kids movie. Oppenheimer was my favourite though I found the intricacies of the politics to be fascinating, dramatic, and of course science. Ironic how both movies had desert scenes.
ZqTATLu.png
mmoRz30.png
tw5SNNe.png
tyEuRXe.png
bhdEs05.png
Oppenheimer was such a stunning movie but the funniest part was when the couple next to me immediately left when there was still an hour left. More elbow space for me to ponder the horrors of humanity's hubris!
Oppenheimer was such a stunning movie but the funniest part was when the couple next to me immediately left when there was still an hour left. More elbow space for me to ponder the horrors of humanity's hubris!
@alicent
It is a looong film and the subject is quite grueling. there were a ton of people leaving halfway through which I found quite unfortunate by the end of the movie because there's so much more to be had with the film after "woahh big explosion"
@alicent
It is a looong film and the subject is quite grueling. there were a ton of people leaving halfway through which I found quite unfortunate by the end of the movie because there's so much more to be had with the film after "woahh big explosion"
I just saw Barbie and loved it, iconic experience.
I just saw Barbie and loved it, iconic experience.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png