Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 100 101
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87709811][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/877099/87709811_350.png[/img][/url] she was a upsi , but a realy cute wan
87709811_350.png she was a upsi , but a realy cute wan
[quote name="naumachy" date="2023-07-19 08:46:50" ] they were revealed as a gem breed [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238540]here[/url] [/quote] Oh thank you! /gen I didn't know they did discussion posts dflbn I guess maybe I'm just not as familiar with how releases go then due to my absences because I didn't know that putting them in the gem marketplace meant no eggs since it's not bluntly stated (":
naumachy wrote on 2023-07-19 08:46:50:
they were revealed as a gem breed here

Oh thank you! /gen
I didn't know they did discussion posts dflbn

I guess maybe I'm just not as familiar with how releases go then due to my absences because I didn't know that putting them in the gem marketplace meant no eggs since it's not bluntly stated (":
akahishiro_by_nulliusnominis-da8ackn.png
NEW FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my they're skrunkly!!! I think I would have prefered if they were simply wormy sandy dragons lol, but I still like them, and some of those line breaking terts are awesome! And I adore the sankskink! What a little creachur!!! [emoji=sandsurge love size=1] Little side note, yeah I'm a lil disappointed with not getting a free egg/scroll but considering we didn't get one with veils either, it seems fair. And honestly, it cements in my mind at least that we won't get freebies like that with gem breeds, this is a pattern now, so I'm happy with that knowledge. And also, I know the prices on the AH will drop soon enough anyway, just gotta be patient! :D
Oh my they're skrunkly!!! I think I would have prefered if they were simply wormy sandy dragons lol, but I still like them, and some of those line breaking terts are awesome! And I adore the sankskink! What a little creachur!!!

Little side note, yeah I'm a lil disappointed with not getting a free egg/scroll but considering we didn't get one with veils either, it seems fair. And honestly, it cements in my mind at least that we won't get freebies like that with gem breeds, this is a pattern now, so I'm happy with that knowledge. And also, I know the prices on the AH will drop soon enough anyway, just gotta be patient! :D
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
These are some quality lizzers! And the augment gene, I love! [emoji=ridgeback love size=2]
These are some quality lizzers!

And the augment gene, I love!

34819.png
- death unto dawn -
[quote name="MissK" date="2023-07-19 08:55:44" ] To be fair, if you have treasure, you can get gems too. Just buy treasure items and resell for gems, it only takes a short time to list them in the AH once a week or so. I've never bought gems and yet I've used plenty of them. People who have less time will of course have less funds on average, but just because something is for gems doesn't mean you need to actually pay real money to get it. I don't disagree that people are allowed to be bummed for the record, just saying, sometimes people get stuck thinking that getting gems is so hard. I often flip treasure genes or eggs, works super well and easily. [/quote] Again, this takes a ton of time and grinding that me (and many others) just don't have. I don't necessarily have any items or genes or anything of value to sell. It is what it is! But it's so wild to me that people keep insisting that it's easy to make bank when I've been here for 10 years and still struggle. xD
MissK wrote on 2023-07-19 08:55:44:

To be fair, if you have treasure, you can get gems too. Just buy treasure items and resell for gems, it only takes a short time to list them in the AH once a week or so. I've never bought gems and yet I've used plenty of them. People who have less time will of course have less funds on average, but just because something is for gems doesn't mean you need to actually pay real money to get it.

I don't disagree that people are allowed to be bummed for the record, just saying, sometimes people get stuck thinking that getting gems is so hard. I often flip treasure genes or eggs, works super well and easily.

Again, this takes a ton of time and grinding that me (and many others) just don't have. I don't necessarily have any items or genes or anything of value to sell. It is what it is! But it's so wild to me that people keep insisting that it's easy to make bank when I've been here for 10 years and still struggle. xD
They're so cute!!
They're so cute!!
vista_noc2.png
Fen
FR+2
Aww damn I wish there would have been a free egg or scroll but from skimming other comments it seems they just dont do that for gem breeds? Really sad tho. But I love the breed, looks so amazing!!
Aww damn I wish there would have been a free egg or scroll but from skimming other comments it seems they just dont do that for gem breeds? Really sad tho. But I love the breed, looks so amazing!!
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
[quote name="MissK" date="2023-07-19 08:55:44" ] [quote name="giraffles" date="2023-07-19 08:49:59" ] And I think it's super unfair to say this to people who can't spend tons of time on the site. It's absolutely a paywall-- which isn't always a bad thing, and I have happily bought tons of gems in the past to support the site, and will in the future when I have funds. But to say it's "easy" through normal gameplay just because [i]you[/i] have the free time to dedicate to it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. People are allowed to be bummed about the release and it can be the right thing to do to keep the site running. Both things can be true! Feedback is important, especially when I have mixed feelings on the matter. [/quote] To be fair, if you have treasure, you can get gems too. Just buy treasure items and resell for gems, it only takes a short time to list them in the AH once a week or so. I've never bought gems and yet I've used plenty of them. People who have less time will of course have less funds on average, but just because something is for gems doesn't mean you need to actually pay real money to get it. I don't disagree that people are allowed to be bummed for the record, just saying, sometimes people get stuck thinking that getting gems is so hard. I often flip treasure genes or eggs, works super well and easily. [/quote] Not all of us have the luck of finding eggs to flip, nor can we afford to flip genes when we need them for our projects on the occasion we can afford them. [quote name="skinklegs" date="2023-07-19 08:56:16" ] whyyy are we complaining that they're a gem breed. 1k gems is not that much. or just wait a week and buy a baby off the auction house. hello??? nobody complains about not getting a free wc scroll every time they cycle back in. new ancients are cool, not sure if they're for me but i like the fat nubby babies. [/quote] Just because it’s easy for you doesn’t mean it’s easy for everyone, and to say so is a bit... careless so to speak? This is completely different from Wildclaw scrolls. This is a brand-new release. Some of us want to be able to celebrate it now, rather than waiting a month, and in a week hatchlings are still going to be very expensive on the AH as this is a gem breed.
MissK wrote on 2023-07-19 08:55:44:
giraffles wrote on 2023-07-19 08:49:59:
And I think it's super unfair to say this to people who can't spend tons of time on the site. It's absolutely a paywall-- which isn't always a bad thing, and I have happily bought tons of gems in the past to support the site, and will in the future when I have funds. But to say it's "easy" through normal gameplay just because you have the free time to dedicate to it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

People are allowed to be bummed about the release and it can be the right thing to do to keep the site running. Both things can be true! Feedback is important, especially when I have mixed feelings on the matter.

To be fair, if you have treasure, you can get gems too. Just buy treasure items and resell for gems, it only takes a short time to list them in the AH once a week or so. I've never bought gems and yet I've used plenty of them. People who have less time will of course have less funds on average, but just because something is for gems doesn't mean you need to actually pay real money to get it.

I don't disagree that people are allowed to be bummed for the record, just saying, sometimes people get stuck thinking that getting gems is so hard. I often flip treasure genes or eggs, works super well and easily.
Not all of us have the luck of finding eggs to flip, nor can we afford to flip genes when we need them for our projects on the occasion we can afford them.

skinklegs wrote on 2023-07-19 08:56:16:
whyyy are we complaining that they're a gem breed. 1k gems is not that much. or just wait a week and buy a baby off the auction house. hello??? nobody complains about not getting a free wc scroll every time they cycle back in.

new ancients are cool, not sure if they're for me but i like the fat nubby babies.
Just because it’s easy for you doesn’t mean it’s easy for everyone, and to say so is a bit... careless so to speak?
This is completely different from Wildclaw scrolls. This is a brand-new release. Some of us want to be able to celebrate it now, rather than waiting a month, and in a week hatchlings are still going to be very expensive on the AH as this is a gem breed.
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
They're amazing! The new genes are perfect and I love the lore. It's hilarious that they're so annoyed by the new company!

I also really appreciated the heads up that they would be a gem breed. I've been saving for the release and now I'll be able to make a perfect pair!
They're amazing! The new genes are perfect and I love the lore. It's hilarious that they're so annoyed by the new company!

I also really appreciated the heads up that they would be a gem breed. I've been saving for the release and now I'll be able to make a perfect pair!
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 100 101