Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | School of Dragons- A New Dawn (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
In honor of the shut down of the How To Train Your Dragon game School of Dragons, this rp will take place as students there set out into the world. The premise is that your character is partnered with several others and sent off to explore the world, map out new island, do research on new and old dragons, and keep an eye on dragon hunter activity. This would occur after the events of the second movie, but before the third.

@HiddenWorld
@ScynthiaClanless
@QueenBossotronio

I apologize, but this rp has already been filled and closed. However, if you were a player on the School of Dragons game, feel free to private message me and I'll see if we could possibly fit you into the rp.

Characters

Trainer #1: Jaok Farstryker
Dragon: Frostfire, secondary Dark Spray
Owner: SylvanRanger7

Trainer #2: Jadee
Dragon: Swordspine
Owner: HiddenWorld

Trainer #3: Synthia
Dragon: Sheera, Skystrike
Owner: SynthiaClanless

Trainer #4: Torhild Agnarsson
Dragon: Sky Jumper
Owner: QueenBossotronio

Example Template

Trainer name:
Appearance:
Preferred clothing:
Weapons of choice:
Personality:
Skills:

Dragon name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:

You can copy the dragon part of the template multiple times for multiple dragons if you want, though generally more than three dragons per person would be a bit much. Feel free to add other stuff to the template as well if you so desire.
In honor of the shut down of the How To Train Your Dragon game School of Dragons, this rp will take place as students there set out into the world. The premise is that your character is partnered with several others and sent off to explore the world, map out new island, do research on new and old dragons, and keep an eye on dragon hunter activity. This would occur after the events of the second movie, but before the third.

@HiddenWorld
@ScynthiaClanless
@QueenBossotronio

I apologize, but this rp has already been filled and closed. However, if you were a player on the School of Dragons game, feel free to private message me and I'll see if we could possibly fit you into the rp.

Characters

Trainer #1: Jaok Farstryker
Dragon: Frostfire, secondary Dark Spray
Owner: SylvanRanger7

Trainer #2: Jadee
Owner: HiddenWorld

Trainer #3: Synthia
Dragon: Sheera, Skystrike
Owner: SynthiaClanless

Trainer #4: Torhild Agnarsson
Dragon: Sky Jumper
Owner: QueenBossotronio

Example Template

Trainer name:
Appearance:
Preferred clothing:
Weapons of choice:
Personality:
Skills:

Dragon name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:

You can copy the dragon part of the template multiple times for multiple dragons if you want, though generally more than three dragons per person would be a bit much. Feel free to add other stuff to the template as well if you so desire.
My character

Trainer name: Jaok Farstryker
Appearance: messy black hair that hits the back of his neck, dark almost black eyes, copper skin, strong jawline, 5'9", wiry
Preferred clothing: dark leather cuirass, pauldrons, and bracers, soft leather boots, comfortable dark green and grey clothing
Weapons of choice: longsword
Personality: can be quiet at first as he watches the situation, incredibly stubborn and prickly if challenged but fiercely protective if he knows you
Skills: fighting, flying, tinkering

Dragon name: Frostfire
Species: Deadly Nadder
Appearance: Firey red scales that transition to a cool blue/green underbelly and cream accents
Personality: protective, driven, loyal, fiercely competitive

Dragon name: Dark Spray
Species: Timberjack
Appearance: cyan, with deep blue swirls along her wings and blue mottling along her body, currently only a couple feet long, though still has a ridiculous wingspan
Personality: cuddly, curious, impulsive, energetic, can be clingy sometimes, is very much like a puppy of the same age
My character

Trainer name: Jaok Farstryker
Appearance: messy black hair that hits the back of his neck, dark almost black eyes, copper skin, strong jawline, 5'9", wiry
Preferred clothing: dark leather cuirass, pauldrons, and bracers, soft leather boots, comfortable dark green and grey clothing
Weapons of choice: longsword
Personality: can be quiet at first as he watches the situation, incredibly stubborn and prickly if challenged but fiercely protective if he knows you
Skills: fighting, flying, tinkering

Dragon name: Frostfire
Species: Deadly Nadder
Appearance: Firey red scales that transition to a cool blue/green underbelly and cream accents
Personality: protective, driven, loyal, fiercely competitive

Dragon name: Dark Spray
Species: Timberjack
Appearance: cyan, with deep blue swirls along her wings and blue mottling along her body, currently only a couple feet long, though still has a ridiculous wingspan
Personality: cuddly, curious, impulsive, energetic, can be clingy sometimes, is very much like a puppy of the same age
[b]Me Form[/b] Trainer name: Torhild Agnarsson "Monster Tamer" Age: 21 Gender: Female (she/her) Appearance: Fair tanish skin, short midnight black hair that is somewhat wavy and reaches her shoulders, striking blue eyes that have a hint of purple in them. Her build is somewhat stocky for a female, with muscles slightly visible under her skin. Her body is healthy looking, besides the scars and dirt scattered here and there. She often has diagonal purple warpaint stripes painted on her face. Her first name is tattooed in purple Nordic symbols across her upper back. Preferred clothing: Something like this... [img]https://sta.sh/0f9anlv7f65[/img] Weapons of choice: Two of the Skrill swords on the left [img]https://sta.sh/01fr2p36zwop[/img] Personality: The hot-headed, stubborn, fighter type. It will develop through the RP. Skills: Some blacksmithing, melee fighting Dragon name: Sky Jumper "Jumper" Age: 34 (about) Gender: Male (he/him) Species: Titan Skill Appearance: Screenshot below [img]https://www.deviantart.com/queenbossotronio/art/Sky-Jumper-1-692377404[/img] Personality: Similar to Torhild's.
Me Form

Trainer name: Torhild Agnarsson "Monster Tamer"
Appearance: Fair tanish skin, short midnight black hair that is somewhat wavy and reaches her shoulders, striking blue eyes that have a hint of purple in them. Her build is somewhat stocky for a female, with muscles slightly visible under her skin. Her body is healthy looking, besides the scars and dirt scattered here and there. She often has diagonal purple warpaint stripes painted on her face. Her first name is tattooed in purple Nordic symbols across her upper back.
Preferred clothing: Something like this...
[img]https://sta.sh/0f9anlv7f65[/img]
Weapons of choice: Two of the Skrill swords on the left
[img]https://sta.sh/01fr2p36zwop[/img]
Personality: The hot-headed, stubborn, fighter type. It will develop through the RP.
Skills: Some blacksmithing, melee fighting

Dragon name: Sky Jumper "Jumper"
Species: Titan Skill
Appearance: Screenshot below
[img]https://www.deviantart.com/queenbossotronio/art/Sky-Jumper-1-692377404[/img]
Personality: Similar to Torhild's.
OOFD: Overly Obsessive Fangirl Disorder
(Me being late, per usual)
Trainer: JadeeBug13 (just call me Jadee I beg you)
Appearance: pale-ish peach skin, black hair and blue eyes, generally wears forest-green clothing to match her runs through the forests in the Wilderness with bronze colored boots and black bracers
Weapon of choice: Skrill Sword
Personality: loyal to those she considers friends and quick to defend them from enemies. Very nice once you get to know her, but slightly cold and secluded to new people she meets. Fairly Stubborn and smart at using her surroundings.
Skills: swordfighting, flying and racing.

Species: Adult Nadder
Appearance: black scales with yellow spines and a white underbelly.
Personality: loves to snuggle, likes comfort and warmth and is always ready to embrace a new friend. However, she can also get easily frightened.
(Me being late, per usual)
Trainer: JadeeBug13 (just call me Jadee I beg you)
Appearance: pale-ish peach skin, black hair and blue eyes, generally wears forest-green clothing to match her runs through the forests in the Wilderness with bronze colored boots and black bracers
Weapon of choice: Skrill Sword
Personality: loyal to those she considers friends and quick to defend them from enemies. Very nice once you get to know her, but slightly cold and secluded to new people she meets. Fairly Stubborn and smart at using her surroundings.
Skills: swordfighting, flying and racing.

Species: Adult Nadder
Appearance: black scales with yellow spines and a white underbelly.
Personality: loves to snuggle, likes comfort and warmth and is always ready to embrace a new friend. However, she can also get easily frightened.
((Brief update, I'm going to hold off a couple more days for @SynthiaClanless to make a character, then I'm gonna go ahead and start and if she wants to join later she can))
((Brief update, I'm going to hold off a couple more days for @SynthiaClanless to make a character, then I'm gonna go ahead and start and if she wants to join later she can))
I’m here! I’m here! I’ll get the character sheets filled out tmr, I gotta sleep now hehe… Why am I always late to RPs? Like literally…
I’m here! I’m here! I’ll get the character sheets filled out tmr, I gotta sleep now hehe… Why am I always late to RPs? Like literally…
Untitled390-20240403161955.png
All good! You've got impeccable timing lol, I was going to go ahead and start later this evening, but I'm happy to wait until tomorrow now that I know you've seen it and whatnot
All good! You've got impeccable timing lol, I was going to go ahead and start later this evening, but I'm happy to wait until tomorrow now that I know you've seen it and whatnot
If impossible colors and hybrids that shouldn’t exist aren’t allowed, just tell me and I’ll change them :) Trainer name: Synthia Age: 19 Gender: Female Appearance: [img]https://i.imgur.com/XWuNpgL.png[/img] (props to Tosi Lohi for the art, and also, pretend the eyes are green) Preferred clothing: Image above (for casual wear) Weapons of choice: The Champion Sword (from SoD), she prefers close combat, but if needed, can use a bow. Doesn’t like axes. Personality: Kind of shy at first, but is very lively when you get to know her. Can sometimes be a little overconfident which leads to recklessness. A little naive at times. She’s also the type of person that profusely apologizes for small things. Skills: Sword-fighting, quick and strategic thinking, fast and agile flying. Dragon name: Sheera Age: 18 Gender: Female Species: Razorwhip Appearance: You know what razorwhips look like, right? Well THAT, but tinted purple. The color’s a birth defect, her mother was very old when she laid her egg (ik, lame excuse, but it’s all I’ve got) Personality: VERY protective of Synthia, extremely aggressive if you even SLIGHTLY look like a threat, and IMMENSELY untrusting (untrustING not untrustWORTHY). Also, you can probably guess this, but she’s super loyal too. Dragon name: Skystrike Age: 22 Gender: Female Species: Dreadstrider Appearance: [img]https://i.imgur.com/p6LYiNf.jpg[/img] (Do NOT ask about the color) Personality: Bubbly, high-spirited, over-enthusiastic, and goes WHEREVER Synthia goes.
If impossible colors and hybrids that shouldn’t exist aren’t allowed, just tell me and I’ll change them :)
Trainer name: Synthia
Appearance:
XWuNpgL.png
(props to Tosi Lohi for the art, and also, pretend the eyes are green)
Preferred clothing: Image above (for casual wear)
Weapons of choice: The Champion Sword (from SoD), she prefers close combat, but if needed, can use a bow. Doesn’t like axes.
Personality: Kind of shy at first, but is very lively when you get to know her. Can sometimes be a little overconfident which leads to recklessness. A little naive at times. She’s also the type of person that profusely apologizes for small things.
Skills: Sword-fighting, quick and strategic thinking, fast and agile flying.

Dragon name: Sheera
Species: Razorwhip
Appearance: You know what razorwhips look like, right? Well THAT, but tinted purple. The color’s a birth defect, her mother was very old when she laid her egg (ik, lame excuse, but it’s all I’ve got)
Personality: VERY protective of Synthia, extremely aggressive if you even SLIGHTLY look like a threat, and IMMENSELY untrusting (untrustING not untrustWORTHY). Also, you can probably guess this, but she’s super loyal too.

Dragon name: Skystrike
Species: Dreadstrider
Appearance: p6LYiNf.jpg
(Do NOT ask about the color)
Personality: Bubbly, high-spirited, over-enthusiastic, and goes WHEREVER Synthia goes.
Untitled390-20240403161955.png
Storm clouds rolled dark and thick over Berk. Despite the gusts of wind howling through streets and around cliffs, many dragons trainers were still swarming throughout the school, some endeavoring to shut their dragons safely in their stables, other adrenaline seekers grabbing their saddles in order to embrace the storm. A flash of light reflected off of the white capped waves, followed by a deep rumble of thunder. Just before sheets of rain swept over the island, terrible terrors darted into the huts of several selected dragom trainers. Attached to each was enclosed the same message tucked into a leather tube to protect it from the elements.
Congratulations dragon trainer, throughout your time at the school your skills have grown immensely and all of us teachers have deemed you ready to move further and spread your wings. You've been selected to join a team of dragon trainers in order to scout out new island, establish first contact with undiscovered dragon species, and keep tabs on any dragon hunter activity. Please report to the lookout at sunrise tomorrow morning to receive your briefing.
I wish you the best of luck.
Hiccup.
The terrible terrors napped for a while before fluttering off, leaving the lucky dragons riders with their notes.

Jaok Farstryker had to very carefully protect the tiny dragon from his over-exuberant baby Timberjack, earning a couple of shallow gashes from her gangly wings. After he got Darkspray calmed down, he opened up the note, his brow furrowing as he read through it. Being sent out with a team? Taking his dragons to Thor knows where? The whole prospect seemed mindlessly terrifying. Seeming to sense his anxiety, Frostfire looked up from where she was napping by the hearth and softly nuzzled his shoulder. He absentmindedly patted her on the head as he checked on the Terrible Terror, then folded up the note and set it aside. He'd have a lot of preparations to make before tomorrow morning and not a lot of time to get them done.
Storm clouds rolled dark and thick over Berk. Despite the gusts of wind howling through streets and around cliffs, many dragons trainers were still swarming throughout the school, some endeavoring to shut their dragons safely in their stables, other adrenaline seekers grabbing their saddles in order to embrace the storm. A flash of light reflected off of the white capped waves, followed by a deep rumble of thunder. Just before sheets of rain swept over the island, terrible terrors darted into the huts of several selected dragom trainers. Attached to each was enclosed the same message tucked into a leather tube to protect it from the elements.
Congratulations dragon trainer, throughout your time at the school your skills have grown immensely and all of us teachers have deemed you ready to move further and spread your wings. You've been selected to join a team of dragon trainers in order to scout out new island, establish first contact with undiscovered dragon species, and keep tabs on any dragon hunter activity. Please report to the lookout at sunrise tomorrow morning to receive your briefing.
I wish you the best of luck.
Hiccup.
The terrible terrors napped for a while before fluttering off, leaving the lucky dragons riders with their notes.

Jaok Farstryker had to very carefully protect the tiny dragon from his over-exuberant baby Timberjack, earning a couple of shallow gashes from her gangly wings. After he got Darkspray calmed down, he opened up the note, his brow furrowing as he read through it. Being sent out with a team? Taking his dragons to Thor knows where? The whole prospect seemed mindlessly terrifying. Seeming to sense his anxiety, Frostfire looked up from where she was napping by the hearth and softly nuzzled his shoulder. He absentmindedly patted her on the head as he checked on the Terrible Terror, then folded up the note and set it aside. He'd have a lot of preparations to make before tomorrow morning and not a lot of time to get them done.
"Oh goody...Swordspine, this is gonna be interesting." I held up the letter from the Terrible Terror. I threw the little dragon a fish for the trip back and gently rubbed Swordspine under the chin. It was nice being near the fire in the hut, especially during storms. I didn't particularly like thunderstorms since that meant i had to stay trapped inside since Swordspine never really liked flying in the rain. I got up and checked my sword. Sharp...could be sharper. I went to the fish storage and got some stuff out of it and put in my bag. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day, since mission briefings were a bore. Though I was interested to see who else was coming on the adventure. I sighed and smiled to Swordspine, who purred and curled up tighter. At least my dragon would be there, and maybe I should try not to be so secluded to the new group.
"Oh goody...Swordspine, this is gonna be interesting." I held up the letter from the Terrible Terror. I threw the little dragon a fish for the trip back and gently rubbed Swordspine under the chin. It was nice being near the fire in the hut, especially during storms. I didn't particularly like thunderstorms since that meant i had to stay trapped inside since Swordspine never really liked flying in the rain. I got up and checked my sword. Sharp...could be sharper. I went to the fish storage and got some stuff out of it and put in my bag. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day, since mission briefings were a bore. Though I was interested to see who else was coming on the adventure. I sighed and smiled to Swordspine, who purred and curled up tighter. At least my dragon would be there, and maybe I should try not to be so secluded to the new group.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7