Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements Retrospective
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24
Congrats on getting achievements rolled out!! The site feels so well rounded now :D
Congrats on getting achievements rolled out!! The site feels so well rounded now :D
furry_fiddle.png
Thanks for all your hard work. I hope the rest of the year will be more chill ^^

I'm having tons of fun with the achievements, they're an awesome feature.
Thanks for all your hard work. I hope the rest of the year will be more chill ^^

I'm having tons of fun with the achievements, they're an awesome feature.
[quote name="Travertine" date="2023-07-17 10:48:03" ] Not a fan of these weird grandiose rhetoric posts that aren't actually developer updates. The achievements system was overall very well received including by me, so I don't know why we're being given a justification essay over why the playerbase supposedly has an issue with its inception in totality. We understand a lot of work went into this and that it was impossible to request all useful changes to be made on launch day. [/quote] Hi @Travertine, we just wanted to reduce the opacity a bit on our process for everyone, especially for a project as significant and brain, labor, and time-consuming as the new achievements system. We understand that today's update may seem or feel redundant to our community members with coding or project management experience. It's important to keep in mind that not everyone is as knowledgeable—we have players as young as 13 years old and players with a variety of life and work experience! Sharing [i]what[/i] we can about the process, [i]when[/i] we can helps everyone in the long-run. A retrospective also allows us to formally acknowledge some of the constructive feedback and complaints we received after launch. It may not be everyone's cup of tea for an announcement update—that's okay!—and I hope this information and insight helps! [emoji=new friend size=1]
Travertine wrote on 2023-07-17 10:48:03:
Not a fan of these weird grandiose rhetoric posts that aren't actually developer updates.
The achievements system was overall very well received including by me, so I don't know why we're being given a justification essay over why the playerbase supposedly has an issue with its inception in totality. We understand a lot of work went into this and that it was impossible to request all useful changes to be made on launch day.

Hi @Travertine, we just wanted to reduce the opacity a bit on our process for everyone, especially for a project as significant and brain, labor, and time-consuming as the new achievements system.

We understand that today's update may seem or feel redundant to our community members with coding or project management experience. It's important to keep in mind that not everyone is as knowledgeable—we have players as young as 13 years old and players with a variety of life and work experience! Sharing what we can about the process, when we can helps everyone in the long-run. A retrospective also allows us to formally acknowledge some of the constructive feedback and complaints we received after launch. It may not be everyone's cup of tea for an announcement update—that's okay!—and I hope this information and insight helps!
Thank you, staff!! We appreciate your hard work.
Thank you, staff!! We appreciate your hard work.
vista_noc2.png
Fen
FR+2
Dev Update let's gooooo
Dev Update let's gooooo
cbQdPvX.png
I see, I do think this post is good in helping clarify the process for how decisions were made in the achievements.
I see, I do think this post is good in helping clarify the process for how decisions were made in the achievements.
YAzXKmc.gif
I really appreciate the fact that you all work so hard to make this site enjoyable. I have tried various games and sites but this one stands out from the rest. Perhaps its because its dragons but that is just part of it. I thank you for all of your hard work and dedication! Thank you!!!
I really appreciate the fact that you all work so hard to make this site enjoyable. I have tried various games and sites but this one stands out from the rest. Perhaps its because its dragons but that is just part of it. I thank you for all of your hard work and dedication! Thank you!!!
BEWARE OF DRAGONS FOR THO ART CRUNCHY AND TASTE GOOD WITH BBQ SAUCE
I really appreciate everything you guys do to make this site what it is. Its apparent that your team puts their entire heart into it
I really appreciate everything you guys do to make this site what it is. Its apparent that your team puts their entire heart into it
She/Her
Adult
Untitled18_20230718164049.png
Thank you for lowering the requirement for Electrifying Result! I was so happy to see that it also already knew I'd gotten to 700k plus already so I didn't have to play again and get to that score! (Funny enough, I'd often fail just in the range of 660-700 something, so if I had to I think I could have easily gotten there. Still, thank you! It was so hard to get past 770k!)
Thank you for lowering the requirement for Electrifying Result! I was so happy to see that it also already knew I'd gotten to 700k plus already so I didn't have to play again and get to that score! (Funny enough, I'd often fail just in the range of 660-700 something, so if I had to I think I could have easily gotten there. Still, thank you! It was so hard to get past 770k!)
tn0RSo5.pngi1iQAE3.pngmtHAEL4.pngOuP0IWM.png
UaZv7V4.pngVATM5BM.pngdNEd0mj.pngLhssI0m.png
tqGkHih.png2VtxnMX.pngwLurwzJ.pnguiiU27c.png
bWeLCqf.pngD9xaprH.pngqHTXGlk.png27AZD8S.png
<333 As always extremely appreciate the detailed transparency! It makes me so happy when game companies are so clear about their processes and why.
<333 As always extremely appreciate the detailed transparency! It makes me so happy when game companies are so clear about their processes and why.
eP65k0J.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24