Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Arcanist's Runestones Divination System
I've always wanted to use the runestones from the Runestones of the Arcanist fairgounds game as real divinatory tools. So, with the help of a ton of people from the Arcane discord, I've compiled a list of loose meanings that can be used to interpret them!

You can use basically anything to do divination, as long as there's an element of randomness you can interpret from, so this list of meanings isn't strictly necessary. If there's a meaning that makes more sense to you, feel free to use that instead.

How to Read Them
  1. Get a randomizer that generates a number between 1-24.
  2. Generate a number, and find the corresponding rune on the list below.
  3. Repeat for however many runes you want. The recommended number is 2-3 for one reading.
  4. Interpret your final answer from the meanings of the runes you've drawn!

Alternate methods:
  • If you choose 4 runes to exclude, instead of a random number generator, you can roll a D20.
  • Instead of a random number generator, you can roll a d12 for each half of the list. Note that this slightly limits how many combinations you can get, but there's still plenty to interpret.
  • Write each rune down on a piece of paper to use them like tarot/oracle cards.

Rune Meanings
  1. Arcane
    Risk, studiousness, epiphanies, apocalypses
  2. Blood
    Violence, injury
  3. Chaos
    Unordered change, random chance
  4. Clan
    Family, relationships, community, close to home
  5. Cloud
    Dreaming, carefree, innocent
  6. Earth
    History, stability, wisdom
  7. Fire
    Fury, molding, the things that have shaped you
  8. Ice
    Objective, methodical, protective
  9. Life
    The center, the whole, everything together, origins, newness, energy
  10. Light
    Pursuit, things uncovered, discovery
  11. Lightning
    Work, power, repetition
  12. Metal
    Resilience, potential, staying stationary
  13. Mind
    Perfectionism, reserved behavior, focus, logic
  14. Nature
    Growth, healing, support
  15. Pillar
    Unity, common enemies, defense
  16. Plague
    Rot, survival, ferocity
  17. Shadow
    Deception, illusion, tricksters
  18. Spiral
    Ordered change, cycles, reoccurrence
  19. Spirit
    Insight, reflection, self-awareness, empathy
  20. Time
    Patience, inevitability
  21. Truth
    Truth.
  22. Venom
    Sickness, internal pain, a result of toxic external forces
  23. Water
    Mystery, depth, sight beyond the surface
  24. Wind
    Adventure, flight, travel, new things

What to use them for
  • Answering questions for yourself or others, like any other tool of divination
  • Inspiring lore for your dragons
  • Inspiring events in a Locke

Thank you to @FallingUpstairs, @PurpleAmbience, @Luvs, @MagicalGriffin, @AnomalyBeans, @Lundlaeva, @Wardove and @Nysida (all from the Arcane discord) for their contributions! This wouldn't have been finished without them.

If you use these specific meanings, credit isn't required but highly appreciated, and I'd love it if you mentioned it in this thread so I can check it out ;3
I've always wanted to use the runestones from the Runestones of the Arcanist fairgounds game as real divinatory tools. So, with the help of a ton of people from the Arcane discord, I've compiled a list of loose meanings that can be used to interpret them!

You can use basically anything to do divination, as long as there's an element of randomness you can interpret from, so this list of meanings isn't strictly necessary. If there's a meaning that makes more sense to you, feel free to use that instead.

How to Read Them
  1. Get a randomizer that generates a number between 1-24.
  2. Generate a number, and find the corresponding rune on the list below.
  3. Repeat for however many runes you want. The recommended number is 2-3 for one reading.
  4. Interpret your final answer from the meanings of the runes you've drawn!

Alternate methods:
  • If you choose 4 runes to exclude, instead of a random number generator, you can roll a D20.
  • Instead of a random number generator, you can roll a d12 for each half of the list. Note that this slightly limits how many combinations you can get, but there's still plenty to interpret.
  • Write each rune down on a piece of paper to use them like tarot/oracle cards.

Rune Meanings
  1. Arcane
    Risk, studiousness, epiphanies, apocalypses
  2. Blood
    Violence, injury
  3. Chaos
    Unordered change, random chance
  4. Clan
    Family, relationships, community, close to home
  5. Cloud
    Dreaming, carefree, innocent
  6. Earth
    History, stability, wisdom
  7. Fire
    Fury, molding, the things that have shaped you
  8. Ice
    Objective, methodical, protective
  9. Life
    The center, the whole, everything together, origins, newness, energy
  10. Light
    Pursuit, things uncovered, discovery
  11. Lightning
    Work, power, repetition
  12. Metal
    Resilience, potential, staying stationary
  13. Mind
    Perfectionism, reserved behavior, focus, logic
  14. Nature
    Growth, healing, support
  15. Pillar
    Unity, common enemies, defense
  16. Plague
    Rot, survival, ferocity
  17. Shadow
    Deception, illusion, tricksters
  18. Spiral
    Ordered change, cycles, reoccurrence
  19. Spirit
    Insight, reflection, self-awareness, empathy
  20. Time
    Patience, inevitability
  21. Truth
    Truth.
  22. Venom
    Sickness, internal pain, a result of toxic external forces
  23. Water
    Mystery, depth, sight beyond the surface
  24. Wind
    Adventure, flight, travel, new things

What to use them for
  • Answering questions for yourself or others, like any other tool of divination
  • Inspiring lore for your dragons
  • Inspiring events in a Locke

Thank you to @FallingUpstairs, @PurpleAmbience, @Luvs, @MagicalGriffin, @AnomalyBeans, @Lundlaeva, @Wardove and @Nysida (all from the Arcane discord) for their contributions! This wouldn't have been finished without them.

If you use these specific meanings, credit isn't required but highly appreciated, and I'd love it if you mentioned it in this thread so I can check it out ;3
Tig • 21 • He/they • Tiger who has been given a computer

Tigraquinn Skin Shop

1vAtYxM.png
qjWV0vY.png
5iXiC8z.png
I did one for myself XD this is a fun idea! Like tarot cards

generator: 1, 5 and 19
1: studiousness I can recognise, as I am currently learning a ritual (like in church) which has a lot of kneeling and singing and I can never remember what to do :'-) so it's a risk too, but hopefully I will come to understand it and it will turn into the epiphany rather than an apocalypse :p

5: I am indeed dreaming of being carefree, aren't we all... and innocence is a good quality, sometimes I catch myself lying to people and then I'm not a person I would want to be

19: Actually sums it up! Insight, self-awareness and being able to reflect and change, especially when it comes to empathy
I did one for myself XD this is a fun idea! Like tarot cards

generator: 1, 5 and 19
1: studiousness I can recognise, as I am currently learning a ritual (like in church) which has a lot of kneeling and singing and I can never remember what to do :'-) so it's a risk too, but hopefully I will come to understand it and it will turn into the epiphany rather than an apocalypse :p

5: I am indeed dreaming of being carefree, aren't we all... and innocence is a good quality, sometimes I catch myself lying to people and then I'm not a person I would want to be

19: Actually sums it up! Insight, self-awareness and being able to reflect and change, especially when it comes to empathy
Ef84x2q.png ozDAjIE.png
znuJtTb.png
[center][font=garamond][size=4]I saw this in the Arcane discord and thought it was so cool! I like to think that [item=trickster's magic cards] are a kind of Sornieth tarot and are inscribed with all the runes from the game. I may do some readings using this system for some of my lore dragons. I'll share here if I do![/center]
I saw this in the Arcane discord and thought it was so cool! I like to think that Trickster's Magic Cards are a kind of Sornieth tarot and are inscribed with all the runes from the game.

I may do some readings using this system for some of my lore dragons. I'll share here if I do!
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
this was so fun to brainstorm, it's such a cool concept!!
FR has its own kinda tarot system now hehe~
this was so fun to brainstorm, it's such a cool concept!!
FR has its own kinda tarot system now hehe~
arcane
hi i'm bunny!!
Bump!
Bump!
Tig • 21 • He/they • Tiger who has been given a computer

Tigraquinn Skin Shop

1vAtYxM.png
qjWV0vY.png
5iXiC8z.png
Doing a past/present/future spread for Samhain!

7. Fire: fury, molding, the things that have shaped you.
(Yep I have had... a very *interesting* past. So *interesting* in fact that I now have clinical depression and hate most people :D)

11. Lightning: Work, power, repitition.
(Right again! I'm at school while doing this and while being away from my family gives me power, every day seems like a repeat.)

13. Mind: Perfectionism, reserved behavior, focus, logic.
(oooh could this have something to do with my writing career? We shall see...)
Doing a past/present/future spread for Samhain!

7. Fire: fury, molding, the things that have shaped you.
(Yep I have had... a very *interesting* past. So *interesting* in fact that I now have clinical depression and hate most people :D)

11. Lightning: Work, power, repitition.
(Right again! I'm at school while doing this and while being away from my family gives me power, every day seems like a repeat.)

13. Mind: Perfectionism, reserved behavior, focus, logic.
(oooh could this have something to do with my writing career? We shall see...)
lf9X4H2.png