Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | AH Suggestion
I was thinking it would be nice to have a "Relist All" button in the Activity Ledger. This way, you do not have to press relist over and over again.
I was thinking it would be nice to have a "Relist All" button in the Activity Ledger. This way, you do not have to press relist over and over again.
OFTXtKI.png0Tkgsq4.pngtumblr_inline_ofoo1oofwc1tfmvub_100.png
If you have 250 trades that didn't sell, it's going to lag the servers.

Now, imagine that 10% of the 2931 users currently online, so 293 other users, also have 250 auctions to relist.

Do you see the problem there? People with lots of auctions can cause tons of lag
If you have 250 trades that didn't sell, it's going to lag the servers.

Now, imagine that 10% of the 2931 users currently online, so 293 other users, also have 250 auctions to relist.

Do you see the problem there? People with lots of auctions can cause tons of lag
Ah ok
Ah ok
OFTXtKI.png0Tkgsq4.pngtumblr_inline_ofoo1oofwc1tfmvub_100.png
surely there could be some kind of middle ground, like being able to relist X amounts of chunks at a time, like 15-20.
surely there could be some kind of middle ground, like being able to relist X amounts of chunks at a time, like 15-20.
gQ3FOSs.gif
There are absolutely ways around this kind of thing lol, the servers would not need to be bombarded with 250 requests at once for a single user. Yes for one it could be more of a "Relist last 10 items" thing but also it could just pop up a loading screen that only sends a few requests at a time until its done. The server can handle large amounts of requests at once or nothing on the site would run well. It takes me literally seconds to relist 50+ items at once because I have good connection. The entire userbase would not all be asking it to relist 250 items all at once either.

Sorry, to clarify; I'm in support of a feature like this and agree w/ OP.
There are absolutely ways around this kind of thing lol, the servers would not need to be bombarded with 250 requests at once for a single user. Yes for one it could be more of a "Relist last 10 items" thing but also it could just pop up a loading screen that only sends a few requests at a time until its done. The server can handle large amounts of requests at once or nothing on the site would run well. It takes me literally seconds to relist 50+ items at once because I have good connection. The entire userbase would not all be asking it to relist 250 items all at once either.

Sorry, to clarify; I'm in support of a feature like this and agree w/ OP.
RU_SMALL.gif
i mean, if something isnt selling, its not selling for a reason. the annoyance of individual relisting kinda encourages you to lower the price or cancel the listing. if you could just press one button and be done with it, plenty of people would keep relisting overpriced unsellable junk for months and months.
i mean, if something isnt selling, its not selling for a reason. the annoyance of individual relisting kinda encourages you to lower the price or cancel the listing. if you could just press one button and be done with it, plenty of people would keep relisting overpriced unsellable junk for months and months.
[quote name="bbirder" date="2023-07-03 13:25:46" ] i mean, if something isnt selling, its not selling for a reason. the annoyance of individual relisting kinda encourages you to lower the price or cancel the listing. if you could just press one button and be done with it, plenty of people would keep relisting overpriced unsellable junk for months and months. [/quote] That's not necessarily true. Sometimes the thing you're selling just isn't in demand. I have site skins and whatnot on the AH somewhat regularly, and sometimes it takes months for them to sell, but they do eventually at the same price. I also sell little batches of hibden items. They don't sell for weeks at a time (always at the same price), but then they do all at once. I could have lowered the price until it was just above hoardsell value, but only to resellers probably. It could be just that no one wanted to buy it at the time. For lots of items, the AH is a waiting game. Only if you want to sell it faster do you lower the price every time.
bbirder wrote on 2023-07-03 13:25:46:
That's not necessarily true. Sometimes the thing you're selling just isn't in demand. I have site skins and whatnot on the AH somewhat regularly, and sometimes it takes months for them to sell, but they do eventually at the same price. I also sell little batches of hibden items. They don't sell for weeks at a time (always at the same price), but then they do all at once. I could have lowered the price until it was just above hoardsell value, but only to resellers probably.

It could be just that no one wanted to buy it at the time. For lots of items, the AH is a waiting game. Only if you want to sell it faster do you lower the price every time.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Pretty sure staff have already said in past threads that this is prob never going to happen, mainly due to server lag and possible crashes, which as I imagine would only become much worse as more new players join the site. So yeah, no support.
Pretty sure staff have already said in past threads that this is prob never going to happen, mainly due to server lag and possible crashes, which as I imagine would only become much worse as more new players join the site. So yeah, no support.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
no support due to reasons mentioned above but if it helps ive found a slightly less tedious way to relist items faster ^^ when on the relist items page set it to display the max amount of listings, then hover your mouse over the first relist button (sadly this doesnt work on mobile) click and hit enter twice to clear the two pop ups. then for every other listing after that you just click enter enter while keeping your mouse in the same spot
no support due to reasons mentioned above but if it helps ive found a slightly less tedious way to relist items faster ^^ when on the relist items page set it to display the max amount of listings, then hover your mouse over the first relist button (sadly this doesnt work on mobile) click and hit enter twice to clear the two pop ups. then for every other listing after that you just click enter enter while keeping your mouse in the same spot
zombsiggy.png they/them

adult

art shop